The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Offline M4ul K0ed

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Emps-World - Popularity Discussion
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2017, 01:51:21 pm »
Hey everyone!

It's probably no secret, but Emps-World has massively dropped in popularity. I still see about 300 daily unique logins, but we've lost a lot of players. I'd like to discuss the situation in this topic and also ask for your input. What could make Emps popular again?

As we've already discussed certain things numerous times, I'll list them here:
  • Voting: Yes, every server does it and yes we've already tried it. Voting will only work if we give out good rewards. So what could these rewards be? They shouldn't destroy the economy, nor give too many unfair advantages. In the past voting never brought us anywhere and I doubt it will ever work for Emps.
  • Advertisements: I know that ads help growing our population. Though... there's no budget for ads everywhere and I also can't get spots on toplists.
  • Oldschool: That'd be equal to developing a completely new game. However... I could try to load oldschool maps in the current Emps-World client I don't think graphics will change anything though.
  • Referral system: I'm working on it. Ideas for the rewards?

What changes / updates do you think will make Emps-World more popular again?
Please be gentle and respectful to others, else we'll just delete your replies!

All the best,
Thomy

I would really love to see the old pk style back, seercull armadyl pking, ags armadyl pking.

This is one of the reasons I stopped playing emps also because of to many new items who were getting stronger and stronger making the other items useless! Magic is not supposed to hit that high!
Exactly! Some Sims character with wings comes in and puts out damage, that I have no idea who implemented, while you can get 2-4 melee hits in before you are out of food.
The following users liked this post: Range Jr

Offline Sit Kid

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2017, 05:30:37 pm »
Well in my opinion a oldschool world (w2) is interesting, many people for example on facebook asking for the old emps scape. I think if Thomy can make a oldschool world, many many players will come back and play emps again, remove GE and reset all accounts will also be a good idea, just get the old emps scape from 5 years ago back !!

Otherwise, i think adds and voting will not help this game in players. Because there is no budget for adds on toplists and voting was not a succesfull part.

I Hope Old Emps Scape is coming back

Oldschool world sounds good..
Still waiting on old emps scape.

I hope thomy you can returning emps world back to emps scape in 2009/2011 times.
This will help emps in players.
Oldschool version, market to falador, no ge, no battle robe and all that new stuff in emps world,
But dont make shops in edge etc thats a very bad idea for the eco in this game.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 06:43:38 pm by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Range Jr, Skiller Sana

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2017, 06:43:12 pm »
@Sit Kid
I've deleted 2 of your previous replies and edited them into one. No need to make multiple accounts and post the same thing over and over again.

Offline Range Jr

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2017, 07:04:34 pm »
@Sit Kid
I've deleted 2 of your previous replies and edited them into one. No need to make multiple accounts and post the same thing over and over again.
well so me and my bro cant have the same opinion?

Offline Anabool

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2017, 07:08:46 pm »
Wauw very niceee thomyy finallyy you understand it this will be so nice cant wait! Make it easy and simpel barrows gs bandos maybe claws no more bullshit ahrims best gear for mage😜 Cant wait to pk on oldschool

Ps
Charr why soo mad go play world of warcraft  :'( dont hate on oldschool you know it will be a great succes for the server oldschool hater :'(
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Range Jr

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2017, 07:25:31 pm »
there's old school client yet?

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Range Jr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2017, 07:31:01 pm »
well if you post that a oldschool client can help emps in players, we (oldschool lovers) have more change to get old emps back

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2017, 07:43:25 pm »
I figured you didn't understand what the shit Range Jr said so I'll answer myself, no.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Just Humen

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2017, 07:08:56 am »
@Sit Kid

Not if you and your brother share the same physical body. Now please stop this idiocy or we are forced to ban you and your 'brothers' from the forum for the greater good...

Nope. I will post an update topic soon with all the details regarding oldschool Emps-World. Please bear in mind that this is a multi-month project and won't be finished too soon!

Let's try to get back on the topic's original aim: How to make Emps-World more popular and improve the game. I've already prepared a few vital changes to the game for the next update:
  • Improved drops for a group of monsters. If you find some droptables odd or out of place, please let me know and we can improve them!
  • New NPC configuration system: Defence and accuracy bonuses edited to give monsters the same weaknesses as armours for players have. Also allows me to create more fun bosses in future updates. You'll see what I mean when I release nex. ;)
  • Abyssal whip economy. I'll be adding dyes to the donator shop in order to give the abyssal whip a stable demand.

I'll be continuing oldschool as a side project and will post screenshots when I have them available. Currently I've finished the complete client and am now working on mapping the current Emps-World to the oldschool graphics. More in the upcoming updates! I expect it to be there in the coming days, depending on how fast I can finish Nex.
The following users liked this post: Jp, Someone12116, Charr, Jhonson

Offline Range Jr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2017, 10:28:10 am »
@Sit Kid

Not if you and your brother share the same physical body. Now please stop this idiocy or we are forced to ban you and your 'brothers' from the forum for the greater good...

Nope. I will post an update topic soon with all the details regarding oldschool Emps-World. Please bear in mind that this is a multi-month project and won't be finished too soon!

Let's try to get back on the topic's original aim: How to make Emps-World more popular and improve the game. I've already prepared a few vital changes to the game for the next update:
  • Improved drops for a group of monsters. If you find some droptables odd or out of place, please let me know and we can improve them!
  • New NPC configuration system: Defence and accuracy bonuses edited to give monsters the same weaknesses as armours for players have. Also allows me to create more fun bosses in future updates. You'll see what I mean when I release nex. ;)
  • Abyssal whip economy. I'll be adding dyes to the donator shop in order to give the abyssal whip a stable demand.

I'll be continuing oldschool as a side project and will post screenshots when I have them available. Currently I've finished the complete client and am now working on mapping the current Emps-World to the oldschool graphics. More in the upcoming updates! I expect it to be there in the coming days, depending on how fast I can finish Nex.

So in the next days you will drop oses?

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2017, 10:33:04 am »
@Sit Kid

I've made it a bit easier for you to read.
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Junkz

Offline Range Jr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2017, 11:35:46 am »
@Sit Kid

I've made it a bit easier for you to read.
thanks homie

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2017, 11:55:41 am »
1. Uncomment the referral box:

2. When activating a member ticket, add a piece of code that also adds 6 days of membership to the referrer if a referrer exists or to Tulrak if there isn't a referrer.

3. Then do this "php?" thing, that's used on the forum, on the main page as well, where if you're logged in on the main page then it'll allow you to copy a link that's something close to this:
https://emps-world.net/index.php?rReferralUser=Tulrak

And if you open that link and sign up for an account then make it fill the referral box with the username like this:

That should be enough for a start.
All the usernames of the referrers would be saved, which means that if someone comes up with other rewards then those could be handed out later.

Thoughts?
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2017, 01:21:45 pm »
1. Uncomment the referral box:

2. When activating a member ticket, add a piece of code that also adds 6 days of membership to the referrer if a referrer exists or to Tulrak if there isn't a referrer.

3. Then do this "php?" thing, that's used on the forum, on the main page as well, where if you're logged in on the main page then it'll allow you to copy a link that's something close to this:
https://emps-world.net/index.php?rReferralUser=Tulrak

And if you open that link and sign up for an account then make it fill the referral box with the username like this:

That should be enough for a start.
All the usernames of the referrers would be saved, which means that if someone comes up with other rewards then those could be handed out later.

Thoughts?

It's pretty nice of you that you've shown me the referral test page. However, the problem currently is, that I don't have an effective anti-cheat mechanism. And I can promise you that people will try to get these rewards by cheating. So we need a proper mechanism for automated rewards.

My suggestion would be that if the new player reaches a special total level (500?), the referrer will be rewarded with member days. Thoughts on that? Or we go the hard way and confirm all referrals manually to ensure nobody is cheating.

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2017, 01:54:45 pm »
I like the referral idea.

To prevent cheating I thought about adding different levels or stages of referrals.

Stage 1:
Refer a friend x1
Refer a friend x2
Refer a friend x5
Refer a friend x10

Stage 2:
Referred friend reaches a total experience of 10,000,000 or a total level of 500 x1
Referred friend reaches a total experience of 10,000,000 or a total level of 500 x2
Referred friend reaches a total experience of 10,000,000 or a total level of 500 x5
Referred friend reaches a total experience of 10,000,000 or a total level of 500 x10

Stage 3:
Referred friend reaches a total experience of 50,000,000 or a total level of 1,000 x1
Referred friend reaches a total experience of 50,000,000 or a total level of 1,000 x2
Referred friend reaches a total experience of 50,000,000 or a total level of 1,000 x5
Referred friend reaches a total experience of 50,000,000 or a total level of 1,000 x10

At first I thought about total levels as well. But then I rememberd that Emps-Scape used to have alot of pures and pkers in general. If OSES is as promising as Emps-Scape was, then there should be many pkers as well. With this suggestion it does not matter whether you train a pure or a main. You will reach your goal, either by hitting the required total level or the required total experience.

The rewards will be based on stages as well. Stage 1 rewards will be low because of how easy it is to cheat your way through. Stage 2 rewards will be better and stage 3 will be the best obviously.

The following users liked this post: Thomy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12