The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Emps-World - Popularity Discussion
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2017, 05:42:43 pm »
Quick update on oldschool Emps-World: I've succeeded in loading the complete oldschool data and am rendering it in the emps engine now:

Is this pretty much how it woud look? I understand that for example the shadows are going to be removed and everything though I expected to have a 317 source server... I'm a bit disappointed.
Personal preference though.
Good to see you getting at it right away, still as dedicated!

Offline Roland

• Liked: 26 times
  • +0/-0
  • Mumu
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2017, 06:09:06 pm »
Nice updates..
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:16:26 am by Roland »

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2017, 07:09:38 am »
Quick update on oldschool Emps-World: I've succeeded in loading the complete oldschool data and am rendering it in the emps engine now:

Is this pretty much how it woud look? I understand that for example the shadows are going to be removed and everything though I expected to have a 317 source server... I'm a bit disappointed.

This confuses me quite a lot. Just for clarification purposes. The old and original 317/377 servers are revisions maintained by the modern RuneScape since its beginning. It's probably at something like 800 or 900 now. When oldschool started, they also started their revision number from 0. The screenshot you see above is osrs revision 149 inside the emps engine.

I really don't understand why you'd disable graphical improvements. However you can cripple the game and put the settings on minimum:

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2017, 07:55:54 am »
Just go fixed screen mode, the game looks oldschool on that setting despite the graphics

The following users liked this post: Thomy, Icedrags, Il Pk I, Charr

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2017, 10:58:06 am »

This confuses me quite a lot. Just for clarification purposes. The old and original 317/377 servers are revisions maintained by the modern RuneScape since its beginning. It's probably at something like 800 or 900 now. When oldschool started, they also started their revision number from 0. The screenshot you see above is osrs revision 149 inside the emps engine.

I really don't understand why you'd disable graphical improvements. However you can cripple the game and put the settings on minimum:

It is just a speculation, but I do think it has alot to do with the memories we have from Emps-Scape and the way it looked like.

I mean, you even said it yourself, Thomy...
I for myself enjoy working on an oldschool Emps-World too... it really does feel nostalgic to walk around on the old map with old character models. I'll see where the project goes and post more details when they are available.

It is no secret that OSRS has more players than RS3 by now even though OSRS was launched a couple years later.

I have the same feeling with Emps-World. It reminds me too much of RS3 than Emps-Scape and all the graphical updates, new (HD looking) dungeons, auras, etc. turned me (and probably many others) away from this game.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2017, 11:31:08 am »
It reminds me too much of RS3 than Emps-Scape and all the graphical updates, new (HD looking) dungeons, auras, etc. turned me (and probably many others) away from this game.
That must be it, because you know, they are so similar :/ :/

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Icedrags, Il Pk I, Drugs, Str8att7

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2017, 01:31:00 pm »
It is no secret that OSRS has more players than RS3 by now even though OSRS was launched a couple years later.

Just straight up no. With only 2 clicks you can confirm this by yourself.

I have the same feeling with Emps-World. It reminds me too much of RS3 than Emps-Scape and all the graphical updates, new (HD looking) dungeons, auras, etc. turned me (and probably many others) away from this game.

The point of graphical improvements is to compete against other games. Make everything look better and also make it run faster. The resonance we've received on graphical improvements so far is good. However a part of the community seems to enjoy an oldschool game, which I've started to develop now.
The following users liked this post: Iron Corne

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2017, 05:16:26 pm »
Is it possible to have a client looks like this
  ( a video I've recorded 7 years ago ) instead of the one we have ?
if that won't mean a lot of new hard works to you / a lot of possible bugs, that would be great.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Junkz

Offline Meskin Boi

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2017, 05:34:21 pm »
I personally feel like having the old school combat system and animations would attract more players. I have talked with many other emps players and most of them seemed to favor old-school system.

The new emps-world feels like RS3 to me and it kinda turned me off a bit. On the other hand, emps-world new skills like construction was a good addition to the game.

Personally, I liked how emps-scape was like oldschool but with its own identity.

I also agree with making donator whip color dye and mystery box donations to get items based on RNG.

I feel the game is stuck between old school and RS3, and the whole RS3 animations (Like how the whip looks) really turned me off.

Again this is just my opinion and I just wanted to give my perspective as a former Emps-scape player.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Junkz

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2017, 06:12:00 pm »
But you already can play on fixed mode ???

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Il Pk I

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2017, 07:03:06 pm »
But you already can play on fixed mode ???

What I meant is a re-sizable screen mode that looks the same way as fixed mode looks.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2017, 07:05:04 pm »

Sorry but i've never seen a client being this ugly. Thomy i beg you not to do this kind of client
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:52:06 pm by Iron Corne »
#exkneesocks
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2017, 07:29:54 pm »

Sorry but i've never seen a client being this ugly. Thomt i beg you not to do this kind of client

Not in a 100 years would I do that. ;) The engine / client won't be changed. This has proven to work on many computers. It's performant, lag-free and loads faster than others. It's been developed over 3 years and 'nostalgia' can go too far.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Iron Corne

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2017, 10:24:22 am »

Sorry but i've never seen a client being this ugly. Thomy i beg you not to do this kind of client

i remember emps in that client, but todays one for me looks better, but would be nice if animations and items will look osrs, that d scimi, old whip and of course falador teleport, bring back falador exchange then you will see changes.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Fish0pure1

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2017, 01:08:34 pm »
Hey everyone!

It's probably no secret, but Emps-World has massively dropped in popularity. I still see about 300 daily unique logins, but we've lost a lot of players. I'd like to discuss the situation in this topic and also ask for your input. What could make Emps popular again?

As we've already discussed certain things numerous times, I'll list them here:
  • Voting: Yes, every server does it and yes we've already tried it. Voting will only work if we give out good rewards. So what could these rewards be? They shouldn't destroy the economy, nor give too many unfair advantages. In the past voting never brought us anywhere and I doubt it will ever work for Emps.
  • Advertisements: I know that ads help growing our population. Though... there's no budget for ads everywhere and I also can't get spots on toplists.
  • Oldschool: That'd be equal to developing a completely new game. However... I could try to load oldschool maps in the current Emps-World client I don't think graphics will change anything though.
  • Referral system: I'm working on it. Ideas for the rewards?

What changes / updates do you think will make Emps-World more popular again?
Please be gentle and respectful to others, else we'll just delete your replies!

All the best,
Thomy

I would really love to see the old pk style back, seercull armadyl pking, ags armadyl pking.

This is one of the reasons I stopped playing emps also because of to many new items who were getting stronger and stronger making the other items useless! Magic is not supposed to hit that high!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:15:12 pm by Fish0pure1 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12