The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Emps-World - Popularity Discussion
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2017, 10:12:37 am »
Advertisements: I know that ads help growing our population. Though... there's no budget for ads everywhere and I also can't get spots on toplists.

An idea how you could advertise the game - Basically there are runescape facebook fanpages made by fans with thousands of followers, for example you could DM one of these and ask for a promotion for small fee.

Here is list of some facebook pages i found with a big amount of followers who you could DM and ask if they could advertise your server:

https://www.facebook.com/RSMemesG/
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRunescapeMemes/
https://www.facebook.com/RunescapeMemers/

Advertising a private server on official RuneScape fan sites isn't going to work out. However, I do get the concept of it, thanks. :)

These aren't officall runescape fan sites, thats the thing.

Mind my wording with official. RuneScape fansites won't advertise private servers, because it's going to backfire on them and anger their userbase.
The following users liked this post: Mohamedkh, Merlin

Offline Burokas

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2017, 10:48:23 am »
i think we need unban all accounts why?
becouse they can create new acc to play but they all got bored to get all the stats back and its not fun like it was with main
or restart and delete ge its much fun to sell it on ge and see offers from different players + u can merch and make alot of money i know u worked hard
and maybe we need restart say bye to our items and start from zero
we played emps scape and thats was fun
but now is emps world not old emps scape we should have restart
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:01:40 am by Burokas »

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2017, 10:58:58 am »
i think we need unban all accounts why?
becouse they can create new acc to play but they all got bored to get all the stats back and its not fun like it was with main
or restart and delete ge its much fun to sell it on ge and see offers from different players + u can merch and make alot of money
They are banned for a reason, won't happen.

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2017, 04:04:05 pm »
Oldschool: That'd be equal to developing a completely new game. However... I could try to load oldschool maps in the current Emps-World client I don't think graphics will change anything though.
I would play the game and become active in the forums if this was the case. Don't know why it matters so much, it's something that completely changes the feel of the game for me, though.

I/other people have suggested this feature but have been "shat on" by some People, it's funny that it comes to Thomys mind now.

The game's nothing without pvp. Half of the wildy if not more is empty, there's much to be done, however with this little people already it's hard to believe if it'll be rejuvinated by any sort of wilderness changes, although I think having at least somewhat of an active wildy is essential.

Offline Lv Persavoz

• Liked: 40 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2017, 04:31:41 pm »
Hello there. Yeah.... it's very painful to watch on this. But also i think it's normal, the game is pretty old school and the new players who never actually played a game like this i think they just won't understand. You know after all those modern games these days...

New generation has born with xbox and 50+ games in their hands and fucking veterans already have wife, full time job and 2-3 kids. How you're going to get them back? Nohow.
I may sound pessimistic but i'm trying to be honest. Don't get me wrong. It's my most favorite game of all time. I think it's a fact.

Of course it would be dumb to not try everything. But the only thing where I see hope is the vote thing, rsps100, top100 and others... It would be my last hope.
There is just no point to add an endless bosses and mini-games in game. It's just won't work.

"You can't fight someone you can't hit"
The following users liked this post: Plasmus007, Try Again Fo, K Naut, Merlin

Offline Tomejus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2017, 06:06:24 pm »
the only way,which will bring alot players back is to make oldschool. server need to be restarted,delete all accounts,bring back old areas(slayer tower with old monsters like banshes whos dropping bandos items) and alot more areas. im old player,but im not playing because new emps is trash,but if u will reset to old school maybe i be back()

Offline K Naut

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2017, 06:30:15 pm »
the only way,which will bring alot players back is to make oldschool. server need to be restarted,delete all accounts,bring back old areas(slayer tower with old monsters like banshes whos dropping bandos items) and alot more areas. im old player,but im not playing because new emps is trash,but if u will reset to old school maybe i be back()
"I'm an old player and I'm not playing cause there's much more content and the game's overall much smoother and nicer BUT I'M NOT PLAYING. Bring back the old times when there was 4 bosses and everything was easy af."

What Lv Persavoz said is the truest statement that has been made under this topic and that's the deal. No updates, no resets, no "oses" is going to drastically change the playercount. Imho we all just got to work with what we have right now and try to better the situation.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:43:15 pm by K Naut »
The following users liked this post: Lv Persavoz, Charr

Offline Slafuke007

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2017, 09:05:38 pm »
While Old-School Emps-world is something i would like to play i don´t think it will just turn the situation around. Maybe at first the people who quited will come to check it out for the nostalgia, but in reality rs and rsps are outdated games and no update will fix that. People moved on to other games that they enjoy more. Also something that de-motivates me to play this game sometimes is that no matter how much i make pvp-ing i dont feel like im getting closer to the richest people ingame. Uhmm, i think thats it for my part.

TL;DR - I would like to play old-school emps but i don´t think it would increase the playercount.

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2017, 09:51:24 pm »
While Old-School Emps-world is something i would like to play i don´t think it will just turn the situation around. Maybe at first the people who quited will come to check it out for the nostalgia, but in reality rs and rsps are outdated games and no update will fix that. People moved on to other games that they enjoy more. Also something that de-motivates me to play this game sometimes is that no matter how much i make pvp-ing i dont feel like im getting closer to the richest people ingame. Uhmm, i think thats it for my part.

TL;DR - I would like to play old-school emps but i don´t think it would increase the playercount.
Tbh, the only who i sofar see to disagree with it are those who put in alot of effort or a decent amount in training their accounts, havent heard a single one eho quitted complain about it being a timewaste (could be wrong)
#exkneesocks

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2017, 10:25:33 pm »
On the subject of oldschool it could be turned into just an alternative graphics mode, I wouldn't be against that so long as it's more of a side project. This would still satisfy people that are all "hurr durr muh graphics" and it would do away with the problem of splitting up the community. In the long term it would severely slow down development time, but we could at the very least see if these people that always talk about how bad the graphics are will actually become active. Work on a test mode and see if there are good results. If there are continue development.

If you made it into a different server you would see activity up to a certain point, the start of it would be great no doubt. We've seen the same with ironman mode, everyone is excited to try it out. It might be for a few days, it might be a few weeks, it might be a few months, but problems are going to show up. People may start getting bored doing things they've done on the main game already. The wilderness would still be inactive. The economy would eventually turn into what it is today, it would just be a matter of time. There would be people playing it, but I'd rather have those people in world 1 along with the rest.

Here's an idea to perhaps please some people wanting a spawn world/pking world, kind of inspired by tournament worlds from osrs. Basically, we temporarily open up world 3 sometimes on weekends. Wouldn't be every weekend, perhaps we can tie it to activity or something, just to keep it a bit limited. For those that don't know, world 3 doesn't save your data upon logout. Meaning, while you have to earn everything in world 1/2 you won't lose anything in world 3. It'd be a space to practice stuff. So long as it's only available for a limited amount of time it shouldn't take away from the main game too much.
;
The following users liked this post: K Naut

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2017, 11:46:51 pm »
The problem with old-school is that it would only be fun for a little while, then after that we would need to actually solve some problems and if we're going to need that then old-school is kind of a waste of time, in that it wouldn't really fix anything, but at the same time I personally did enjoy old-school far more than the clean, smooth, easy and boring game we have today. TBH bugs, scammers, other rule breakers, random disconnects, all the "roughness" of the old game made it so much more interesting. But I don't suppose that you intend to bring back any of those things.

The old graphics would be nice to have (although any update that would change them would risk upsetting people), but I think that the focus should be on the economy, as the current economy is designed to depend on PVP and that's simply not working. The reason I think economy is so important is because it's what makes the game feel rewarding. Currently we have an oversupply of items, that means that when players get an item from anywhere, then they get something that there's already too much of in the game, that doesn't feel rewarding. If there was not an oversupply of items but instead a demand for items that exceeds the supply, then getting an item that there's a demand for would feel rewarding because the person achieved something that they would feel needed to be achieved. So for that reason, I don't think that the economy should be judged solely based on how many items are traded, as that doesn't really say much about the state of the economy. People are often handing out items and those people sell it to other people, who collect those items, because they're bored. That's not a sign that we have an active economy, because an inactive economy causes people to collect items simply because they're bored and those people collecting items would make it seem like the economy is active when one only looks at the statistics of how many items are traded.

I've seen four solutions that have been proposed that would improve the economy:

1. A server reset. That's the worst option because it doesn't actually fix anything, just temporarily hides the problem.
Some other things that are not helpful when it comes to this problem:
Reducing drop rates. Because the problem is lack of demand for the items, oversupply is simply the symptom that we can see, not the main issue, reducing drop rates only means that people need to grind more while still not getting anything rewarding for it.
Adding new items. This is a temporary solution that hides the problem as in the beginning there will be a demand for the new item by people who want to check it out, but after some of those new items are in the market, the new content will be just as boring.
I'm not saying that those things can't be done for other reasons like for balancing reasons or simply to add more content to the game, but they aren't long term solutions for the economy.

2. Make items degradable and unrepairable. This sounds like a joke but it would be the most efficient solution, with the downside being that it would be a problem when it comes to trading.
3. Make the game far more dangerous, by boosting all NPCs' max hits a little bit and boosting their accuracy by a lot and when PVMing actually starts causing mild cases of death then change the death mechanics to make it so that when people die then they actually lose items. The problem with this is that some content may become too difficult and may not be worth it, but at the same time balancing it would likely only require adjusting the values of a few variables and as such probably wouldn't be too bad, whereas getting decent feedback may be an issue, as most people would ask for the game to be made easier, even if the game is already way too easy and they themselves would enjoy the game less if it was actually easier.
4. Convert items into cash. This may be the safest option to try. The idea I've seen recommended is that a high-ranking staff members should buy out items from the market and create a one-time decrease in item supply. That's a temporary solution so I'd suggest that if that's what we want to do then we should increase high alch values of everything except consumables by a lot. The high alch price would create a minimum price for all of those items. People who can't sell their items above the high alch price would be sinking those items by alching them. This idea would eventually require cash sinks to be implemented, which should be really easy, I'm sure people could come up with lots of different ways to sink coins, so I wouldn't worry about that now.
The problem is that all of those high alch prices would need to be adjusted manually as even increasing all high alch values by say 10 times would make some items give too much money when alched while other items that we have an oversupply of would not be affected in any way as the high alch price may still remain way under the market price.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2017, 12:28:09 am »
3. Make the game far more dangerous, by boosting all NPCs' max hits a little bit and boosting their accuracy by a lot and when PVMing actually starts causing mild cases of death then change the death mechanics to make it so that when people die then they actually lose items. The problem with this is that some content may become too difficult and may not be worth it, but at the same time balancing it would likely only require adjusting the values of a few variables and as such probably wouldn't be too bad, whereas getting decent feedback may be an issue, as most people would ask for the game to be made easier, even if the game is already way too easy and they themselves would enjoy the game less if it was actually easier.
If Thomy decides to make nex, putting a 'if you die you lose all your stuff no matter what' thing in there wouldn't be bad.

4. Convert items into cash. This may be the safest option to try. The idea I've seen recommended is that a high-ranking staff members should buy out items from the market and create a one-time decrease in item supply. That's a temporary solution so I'd suggest that if that's what we want to do then we should increase high alch values of everything except consumables by a lot. The high alch price would create a minimum price for all of those items. People who can't sell their items above the high alch price would be sinking those items by alching them. This idea would eventually require cash sinks to be implemented, which should be really easy, I'm sure people could come up with lots of different ways to sink coins, so I wouldn't worry about that now.
The problem is that all of those high alch prices would need to be adjusted manually as even increasing all high alch values by say 10 times would make some items give too much money when alched while other items that we have an oversupply of would not be affected in any way as the high alch price may still remain way under the market price.
Doesn't sound too bad but could get out of hand. We could alch stuff without any changes to alch prices, it would just not be as fun for a lot of people. It'd be a lot safer though.
;

Offline Tulrak

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2017, 01:29:19 am »
Doesn't sound too bad but could get out of hand. We could alch stuff without any changes to alch prices, it would just not be as fun for a lot of people. It'd be a lot safer though.

It wouldn't get out of hand, because as the supply decreases, market prices increase, if prices are higher than high alch price then it would be more profitable to sell the item to players, who need the item. The only problem could be if some easily acquirable item has a high alch value that is too high, then it would make everything else useless, but that could easily be balanced if it happens. The idea is not however meant to lower the supply, so simply alching items would not help, the idea is to make alching profitable so that there would always be some people buying and alching items, creating an on-going demand for items.

I do not want the supply to meet demand, because there's no demand, so the way to get supply to meet it would be to have no supply, that's in no way an improvement. I want the demand to exceed the supply, so that gathering items would feel more rewarding.

If Thomy decides to make nex, putting a 'if you die you lose all your stuff no matter what' thing in there wouldn't be bad.
Did some Googling on who or what Nex is, the problem with only that thing causing people to lose items is that any unique drops/rewards that it has would not be sinked by it and neither would any low-level items as it seems to be end-game content. So I'd still prefer if everything was made more deadly and people would lose all or some of their items (use some RNG, let some people be unlucky and lose their most expensive items and only keep junk, while others only lose some useless items but keep most of the good stuff).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:58:57 am by Tulrak »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2017, 01:35:10 am »
GWD is already dangerous, and pretty much nobody goes there. And whenever some new guy goes there, these threads happen https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19846.0

Compared to OSRS, Emps is dangerous af. You get an hour to get your shit back in OSRS, and for GWD u can save those key things in your bank to skip any need to get  40 kc before going to boss.

If you want difficulty, go play rs. Thats not really what majority of the people playing private servers are looking for. Scape was popular af despite its easy difficulty.
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1

Offline Tulrak

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2017, 02:03:48 am »
GWD is already dangerous, and pretty much nobody goes there. And whenever some new guy goes there, these threads happen https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19846.0

Compared to OSRS, Emps is dangerous af. You get an hour to get your shit back in OSRS, and for GWD u can save those key things in your bank to skip any need to get  40 kc before going to boss.

If you want difficulty, go play rs. Thats not really what majority of the people playing private servers are looking for. Scape was popular af despite its easy difficulty.
Explained it all in the long-ass post.
Summary: Economy depends on pkers creating a demand for items. Scape had pkers, World does not. Making NPCs stronger could be an alternative to having pkers, as it would also cause items to leave the game.

Also there's literally no reason to go to GWD, there's already an oversupply of all the GWD drops in the market, it's easier to buy the items, because there are too many people waiting to get rid of them.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:00:38 am by Tulrak »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12