The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Future of Emps-World - Popularity Discussion
« on: August 11, 2017, 08:41:57 am »
Hey everyone!

It's probably no secret, but Emps-World has massively dropped in popularity. I still see about 300 daily unique logins, but we've lost a lot of players. I'd like to discuss the situation in this topic and also ask for your input. What could make Emps popular again?

As we've already discussed certain things numerous times, I'll list them here:
  • Voting: Yes, every server does it and yes we've already tried it. Voting will only work if we give out good rewards. So what could these rewards be? They shouldn't destroy the economy, nor give too many unfair advantages. In the past voting never brought us anywhere and I doubt it will ever work for Emps.
  • Advertisements: I know that ads help growing our population. Though... there's no budget for ads everywhere and I also can't get spots on toplists.
  • Oldschool: That'd be equal to developing a completely new game. However... I could try to load oldschool maps in the current Emps-World client I don't think graphics will change anything though.
  • Referral system: I'm working on it. Ideas for the rewards?

What changes / updates do you think will make Emps-World more popular again?
Please be gentle and respectful to others, else we'll just delete your replies!

All the best,
Thomy
The following users liked this post: Lv Persavoz, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Emps-World - Popularity Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:47:59 am »
Voting:
Dear lord. We were in the top 10 on every site and barely got any returns. I don't think voting should be considered. Giving people more handouts is only going to make them lazier than they are are.

Ads:
I'd say hold off on them until we can better "keep" newer players around.

Oldschool:
It saddens me that you're considering this. You would essentially be wasting months on no content whatsoever. Please do not do this.

Referral system:
Regardless of the rewards; rewards should only be given if the player that was referred to the game actually plays it. I'd say do this by playtime or total level. As for rewards, EP comes to mind. Auras are in a decent place as of now and should be an okay reward. Bit of free membership wouldn't hurt, just make sure it's not too much.

As for what I think will help the server grow; I'd say the community is the key to it more than anything. Giving the community better tools to organize or group together for things could give a lot of players way more interaction.

Clans
Clans could help the server in a number of ways. If we had a proper system for it people might actually use it more. This would include a better way to create and maintain clans ingame, a ranking/permission system, invites, actually being able to ban someone from your clan chat and maybe a calendar (will touch on that more later). Clan capes are a definite must too.

Clan wars might be nice for pking too as it'd provide a proper environment to do clan battles in.

Calendar
Fairly simple; an ingame calendar. We could put events and all sorts of stuff on there. An ingame clock could go along with it nicely if we want to announce when something is happening. We could put a lot of information on it and it would allow us to reach people that don't read the forum. If you're going to rework clans there should also be one for clans to edit, only staff should be able to edit the server-wide one.

The helpdesk
A lot of players still don't know that the only way to report someone is via the helpdesk; they end up using report abuse and think the staff team does nothing about rulebreakers. Making the report abuse button redirect to the helpdesk and maybe putting a helpdesk guide ingame could solve that. The more reports we get the less toxic of an environment emps will be.

Emps script
Probably the very thing with the most potential out of everything you can do. Finishing emps script would allow the community to create their own quests. This is something that would set us apart from all servers out there. It should add up to a lot of content over time and would allow you to easily put some actual content into the game without much effort.

The grand exchange
A lot of people still don't use it making it pretty slow. An ingame tutorial might help explain it to people that we otherwise wouldn't reach. A nice feature to have with low GE traffic would be the ability to view offers currently in the GE. Might be a lot of dev time but should help people bear with trading a lot more.

Completionist cape
Please and thank you.

*will edit in more
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:27:24 am by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Division66, Magecrune, For Freedom, Theoneofall, S Clegane

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 08:51:43 am »
Voting:
Dear lord. We were in the top 10 on every site and barely got any returns. I don't think voting should be considered. Giving people more handouts is only going to make them lazier than they are are.

Ads:
I'd say hold off on them until we can better "keep" newer players around.

Oldschool:
It saddens me that you're considering this. You would essentially be wasting months on no content whatsoever. Please do not do this.

It's an open discussion, so I'm considering and talking about everything. If it will really be put into the game another discussion though.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:56:03 am by Thomy »

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 09:41:12 am »
As for referral system maybe there could be refer-a-friend bonus xp? This could work both ways. (Also would probably be an option for voting rewards)
Once the referred player reaches 500 total level both parties gets a certain amount of bonus XP. For example that would be 500k XP so for 500k xp the experience is doubled.
For further rewards if someone manages to actually refer a lot of players you could just spawn any one item the player desires.

Oldschool: That'd be equal to developing a completely new game. However... I could try to load oldschool maps in the current Emps-World client I don't think graphics will change anything though.
If this ever comes world 2 could be used for this perhaps? Developing a whole new game that heavily focuses to PKing; a lot faster XP rates, make Edgeville the mainhub, move all shops to Edgeville, add medium level items to shops, make Barrows equipment more easily obtainable, removing PvP items completely and perhaps add them to a donator store, pk shop with strong armor (3rd age and GWD) and special attack weapons. Adding all medium level skilling supplies to a shop but high level food, pots etc... would still have to be obtained through skilling.

That is a very radical idea and would basically be developing a completely whole new game though^

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 09:49:32 am »
As for referral system maybe there could be refer-a-friend bonus xp? This could work both ways. (Also would probably be an option for voting rewards)
Once the referred player reaches 500 total level both parties gets a certain amount of bonus XP. For example that would be 500k XP so for 500k xp the experience is doubled.
For further rewards if someone manages to actually refer a lot of players you could just spawn any one item the player desires.

Oldschool: That'd be equal to developing a completely new game. However... I could try to load oldschool maps in the current Emps-World client I don't think graphics will change anything though.
If this ever comes world 2 could be used for this perhaps? Developing a whole new game that heavily focuses to PKing; a lot faster XP rates, make Edgeville the mainhub, move all shops to Edgeville, add medium level items to shops, make Barrows equipment more easily obtainable, removing PvP items completely and perhaps add them to a donator store, pk shop with strong armor (3rd age and GWD) and special attack weapons. Adding all medium level skilling supplies to a shop but high level food, pots etc... would still have to be obtained through skilling.

That is a very radical idea and would basically be developing a completely whole new game though^

That could be a plan with world 2... It'd co-exist with the main game, items and stats being separate though.
The following users liked this post: Pk Range99, Kaarel 123, Ranger 0wns, Jandar, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 09:56:24 am »
I was kind of hesitant to suggest bonus/double exp for refer a friend. This wouldn't be too bad of a way of doing it though. I'd rather have it be time than a certain amount of exp, that'll push activity more rather than just storing bonus exp.

The only way for me to get a bow-sword lmao. I'm against this, it would provide far too much of a reward. If you make the rewards too good you'll give people more incentive to boost for them. Not to mention that this would require Thomy to spawn things.

Something untradable would be okay.

Splitting up the already small community is something we should not do. Both worlds will hurt eachother's economy, swapping will also be a problem. This could very easily kill the game off; it should not be done.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:00:13 am by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 10:15:50 am »
I was going to suggest something similar to Jp's idea.
One of the biggest concerns about our current state is the lack of activity in the wilderness and making a separate pking server would most definitely attract a new group of people that currently join the other private servers. The question is how do we attract people from our separate pking server to join the actual emps-world. Some sort of reward system perhaps. Trading pk points for some goods in emps-world?

EDIT: what if we took the idea a step further and made it a some sort of spawn server. You had to gain the levels in emps-world itself but when you log into the pk world your bank would be reset every time? Some items could be unlocked by donating/enough pk points?

Splitting up the already small community is something we should not do.
That's one concern indeed. But considering how small is our pking community right now we wouldn't really lose that much. In fact i believe if we manage to start a working reward system we instead might gain new players from that.

The grand exchange
A lot of people still don't use it making it pretty slow. An ingame tutorial might help explain it to people that we otherwise wouldn't reach.
I sincerely doubt that the problem can be fixed by tutorial. First of all most people skip the tutorials or just click through it to get to the game asap. 2nd of all people already know how the GE works, it seems to me like they just don't have the reasons to use it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:18:05 am by Il Skill L »

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 10:42:14 am »
Here comes my post with the most hated replies.

I said it multiple times already and I will repeat myself again.
This server needs a full reset (accounts + items). This is the part where most remaining players (staff members mostly) will disagree with me but as I once said. I do not care about the staff team and what they would lose at all when it is for the sake of the server.

Why am I suggesting a full reset?

There 2 main reasons. The first reason is the fucked up economy. There are way too many items in this game. Even at the times when I still played the game there were players hoarding 5k furies and ring of stones combined. No wonder when every strong NPC dropped and uncut onyx. The same thing happened with dfs, all GWD items and skilling supplies as well. When drop rates got nerfed, it was already too late.

That's why nerfing all the drop rates will not change anything. There are way more items than active players and this is why nerfing any drop rates alone will change nothing. We had this flaws 1 year after Emps-World launch already. I offered Thomy my help to deal with all the flaws regarding the economy.
I was using the money I had and milked the shit out of this server. I had 800+ member rings, 100+ ags and lots of more items. I was manipulating the price of any item I wanted and merched hundreds of millions with the item of my choice and used to drop certain items and let them disappear while still making money. Unfortunately this was also the time where Thomy and I did not get along and I quit the game. Why should I "work" my ass off to fix the economy when the owner does not appreciate it? My accounts were taken care of a player whom I trusted the most and he had the permission to do whatever he wanted.
Basically my whole bank was "donated" to the community and the opposite thing happened. The economy got worse. Two years later, after I mentioned the economy problems again, a white knight suggested that the community could work together to fix the economy. MY ASS. Someone who abused the construction shop to get billions of gp into the game for his own sake wants to fix the economy? As you can see nothing has happened so far.

The next big flaw is the amount of unhealthy and useless items we have.
Mentioning all of them would take quite a while. Let's make it short. Many items should have never entered the game and taking them away from single players was no option according to Thomy. That's why treating all players the same despite of their rank or bank is essential for this to work.

Things that need to change before the reset

1. Rework of drop tables and drop rates.

2. Rework/Removal of dead content and useless items e.g. claws, korasi, emps-wars, etc.

3. Rework of the donation shop.
This is one of the most important parts because this is what keeps the server alive. Following changes should be done.

You will no longer be able to buy a donator whip. What you actually get is a whip dye. You will still get your donator whip after using the whip dye on an abyssal whip. The same goes for bows and staves.
Other cosmetic donator items such as wings, outfits, phats, hween masks will be available from mystery gifts only. This will make cosmetics actually rare because of the RNG involed while useful items are not getting into the game for free. To make mystery gifts more attractive you will also have a chance to get oldschools from them (the chances will be very low obviously).

Another nice feature to have are donator ranks and emotes. Currently donating in Emps-World is seen as "wow, you spend money on a game?". Many other servers sell actual armour and nobody gives a fuck about whether you got it as a drop or from donating.
Unlocking titles and emotes on forums based on how much you donated total as well as adding some ing features for donaters only is the way to go in my opinion.

I will not mention the other changes that need to be done for obvious reasons.

Things that need to change after the reset

1. Advertising Emps-World for untradable consumables and other things.
Such items would be skilling brawlers, membership, ing emotes, an exclusive forum emote on SB, and other things which I am not gonna mention now.

2. "Refer a friend" could work with similar rewards but I am not sure about that.

To sum up, this game we have at the moment is trash. I am for a full reset with the changes mentioned above and many others things. Other people suggested to make World 2 a world on its own which I support as well as long as everything gets done the right way. You can also call it "oldschool emps" if it makes you happy. However focusing on PK entirely will not get any things done with the current amount of players where most of them are stakers and skillers.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:26:08 pm by Junkz »
The following users liked this post: Kaner, Mattthu, Theoneofall, Jandar, S Clegane, K Naut

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 10:43:45 am »
One of the biggest concerns about our current state is the lack of activity in the wilderness and making a separate pking server would most definitely attract a new group of people that currently join the other private servers. The question is how do we attract people from our separate pking server to join the actual emps-world. Some sort of reward system perhaps. Trading pk points for some goods in emps-world?
Hundreds of pk point shop suggestions later and nobody has come up with rewards.

The lack of activity is relative to the total playercount but is also caused by a few issues pkers have. Organizing things is a foreign concept to a lot of people that want to pk, there's rarely ever anyone trying to organize anything. A lot of pkers aren't active because they can't instantly find fights, organizing would be a way around this. Some people also seem to not want to low risk, this causes the entry barrier to pking to become way higher than it needs to be. Pkers are also known to be very toxic at times, especially to people that aren't very good at pking. It's just not very good of an environment for getting people into pking.

All that would need to happen is a few people need to organize. Something like the pking happy hour which 'Omg dead' did for a while would be the solution, you'd just have to follow through with it and make sure you communicate with your audience to improve the thing. If you don't know, he just set a time and date for when he and a couple of his friends were going to pk. He also spent time teaching people how to pk when he was doing that. It's really simple, someone just has to get off their ass and do it.

EDIT: what if we took the idea a step further and made it a some sort of spawn server. You had to gain the levels in emps-world itself but when you log into the pk world your bank would be reset every time? Some items could be unlocked by donating/enough pk points?
We've had w3 open to the public before, it would be like that. Pking is essential in the economy as it uses up a lot of excess supplies and gives people a reason to stockpile more than a single set of gear, spawn worlds or this would remove one of the biggest benefits of having pkers.

Splitting up the already small community is something we should not do.
That's one concern indeed. But considering how small is our pking community right now we wouldn't really lose that much. In fact i believe if we manage to start a working reward system we instead might gain new players from that.
I'm talking about the community overall, not just pkers. A reward system (so long as it's good) doesn't require a spawn server.

I sincerely doubt that the problem can be fixed by tutorial. First of all most people skip the tutorials or just click through it to get to the game asap. 2nd of all people already know how the GE works, it seems to me like they just don't have the reasons to use it.
It wouldn't fix it completely, but it certainly will help a lot of people. I should've specified that I would want an npc at the GE that can give that tutorial at any time, you wouldn't be forced into it. A lot of people still don't know how the GE works, I run into these people daily. There are tons of people that remove their GE offers when they log out.

If people have a reason to stand at the GE and spam they have a reason to use the GE, but due to their lack of knowledge about the GE they just stand at the GE and use an autotalker. I get that there are always going to be people ignorant of the GE, but I feel like having an npc that informs you about it properly ingame should turn quite a few people.

This server needs a full reset (accounts + items). This is the part where most remaining players (staff members mostly) will disagree with me but as I once said. I do not care about the staff team and what they would lose at all when it is for the sake of the server.
I get why you're suggesting it, I get what it would do, I get that it would work out. If you disregard that you turn away the players that have loyally played the server and are still doing so to this date. By creating the possibility of a reset occurring you shape an inevitable doom for everyone that will play the server in the future. Because if another "unsolvable" problem arises and the "only" solution is a reset then those people will share the same fate.

A lot of people have trouble remaining motivated if there's a higher probability that all the time they spend is wasted completely. This is why a lot of players didn't keep playing emps upon finding it went back up again, the items they had spent so much time working on weren't there anymore.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:00:26 am by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 11:15:29 am »
I'll edit this when I wake up / have another reply
anyway

IMO, you should listen a bit to what made people leave in first place and do it.
Economy       important
One of the main things that made a lot of people leave ( hate it or like it ) is the economy, you should go hard on it
I fully understand that the economy now is stable and fine, and there is some others that actually understands it however
We've seen a lot of people crying about the prices and actually leave the game because of it, just give them what they want eventho it might not be 100% truth, it seems like they didn't get the idea that both situations are the same if bandos set is 500mil and arcane is 400mil or bandos set is 50mil and arcane is 40m
but if they want the feeling of getting one decent drop and boom get 500mil out of it, then why not make it happen ?

Graphic Important
the another main thing that made people leave, is something i don't actually give a *-* about however it seems like a lot does
The game graphics, I know this might be a huge step back for you because of the hours you spent on the game, we appreciate it
but it seems like some people are still in the past ( well by some I actually mean over 100 or 200 players that tried to tell us this and we made fun of them which resulted on them leaving )
in addition to the last point I've mentioned, a good amount of people left because of how heavily the game is on their laptops / pc , they couldn't run the Opengl or whatever it is and since you've removed the old client ( which was full of bugs anyway ) some of them were forced to leave.

Grand Exchange
Yes I might have crossed the line with suggesting to remove hours and hours of your hard working time ( as I person who is studying programming as well I fully agree with you if you refuse any of these because of the time you spent on it ), I know some might actually tell me that G.E only made it easier for people to sell their items but c'mon, We've seen where the people spent most of their ing time few years ago and people actually made a lot of friends just by doing it
Yes standing and selling their items or buying new things they want, where you can discuss the price of the item with other people, meet new people and actually have some new friends
all of these things has been stopped after the release of GE

Pk shop

This is a must do IMO, I have no idea tbh what kind of rewards should be there as I am not a pker my self, maybe going ing and using your cc might help you a bit since a lot of ing players never check forums

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 11:34:15 am »
@Charr

Im sure even you can see that our playerbase is mostly kids(as we once were) that don't really think three steps ahead like you've done with your account. Therefore they don't plan nor organise events or even think how they could develop their accounts for the fastest/simplest gain. There is absolutely no way to change that in a rsps community, you have to think simpler than that. Attract players with something and imo separate pking server is proper tool for that. Also organising doesn't really gain us new players.
"pkers are toxic" - having 30 toxic pkers fighting each other a is better than having 6 polite and cute pkers.
Pking is essential in the economy as it uses up a lot of excess supplies
That's a fair point. But hows that working out for us right now with hardly any fights at all?
A reward system (so long as it's good) doesn't require a spawn server
Indeed it doesn't. But right now it takes 3 weeks for a new player to get a 123cb level account with a considerable gear to have his first fight in the wilderness. We are struggling to keep that guy in this game for a week. Separate spawn server would be a compromise in a way.
I should've specified that I would want an npc at the GE that can give that tutorial at any time
That would only make your job as a staff member easier. Instead of actually talking to the noobies you could throw them in the hands of pre coded npc. Hows that in any way helping us to gain new players or keep new players around for a longer period.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:36:03 am by Il Skill L »

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 12:01:10 pm »
Im sure even you can see that our playerbase is mostly kids(as we once were) that don't really think three steps ahead like you've done with your account. Therefore they don't plan nor organise events or even think how they could develop their accounts for the fastest/simplest gain.
I disagree, while a significant amount of our playerbase are like that there are plenty of people around capable of organizing things.

Also organising doesn't really gain us new players.
No, but it gives the players we have something to do.

"pkers are toxic" - having 30 toxic pkers fighting each other a is better than having 6 polite and cute pkers.
Better for the economy, wouldn't say it's better for the server.

That's a fair point. But hows that working out for us right now with hardly any fights at all?
Rethorical question.

Indeed it doesn't. But right now it takes 3 weeks for a new player to get a 123cb level account with a considerable gear to have his first fight in the wilderness. We are struggling to keep that guy in this game for a week. Separate spawn server would be a compromise in a way.
It takes a single week to get to 123 cb, during that you can make more than enough money for a low risk fight. You could get a pure with gear done in about 4 days. Most new players I've seen already tend to stick around for at least a week. New players that are pkers and want to pk will ask about it.

I'd rather see a minigame where your stats would be set and you could pick gear. But given the dev time that might not be worth it. I'd be a lot more comfortable with this idea if it had a limited availability (kind of like those worlds osrs has), but it might not do all that much then and I'd still say we shouldn't split up.

I should've specified that I would want an npc at the GE that can give that tutorial at any time
That would only make your job as a staff member easier. Instead of actually talking to the noobies you could throw them in the hands of pre coded npc. Hows that in any way helping us to gain new players or keep new players around for a longer period.
I'm not omnipresent, so having an npc around that can explain the GE if I'm not available would help. It doesn't do anything for player gain really. It only makes the GE a bit more bearable to use for some people.
;

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 12:26:43 pm »
I get why you're suggesting it, I get what it would do, I get that it would work out. If you disregard that you turn away the players that have loyally played the server and are still doing so to this date. By creating the possibility of a reset occurring you shape an inevitable doom for everyone that will play the server in the future. Because if another "unsolvable" problem arises and the "only" solution is a reset then those people will share the same fate.

A lot of people have trouble remaining motivated if there's a higher probability that all the time they spend is wasted completely. This is why a lot of players didn't keep playing emps upon finding it went back up again, the items they had spent so much time working on weren't there anymore.

I also get why you are against it. But looking at the player count, it only got worse. Two and half months ago there were 400 daily logins. Now there are 300. Yes, you can give your reasons and I can give my reasons. No matter how you and I turn it. Regarding this topic, you and I are the two sides of a coin.

I wouldn't have a problem, if all of this got changed in a different world. But I doubt that anything useful would come out of two similar worlds with the same main objective.

And making a world just for PKers is absurd. This was suggested with 300+ online players and got rejected because of the low amount of pkers we had back then already.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:28:14 pm by Junkz »

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 01:18:46 pm »
1. Rework of drop tables and drop rates.

2. Rework/Removal of dead content and useless items e.g. claws, korasi, emps-wars, etc.

3. Rework of the donation shop.
This is one of the most important parts because this is what keeps the server alive. Following changes should be done.

You will no longer be able to buy a donator whip. What you actually get is a whip dye. You will still get your donator whip after using the whip dye on an abyssal whip. The same goes for bows and staffs.
Other cosmetic donator items such as wings, outfits, phats, hween masks will be available from mystery gifts only. This will make cosmetics actually rare because of the RNG involed while useful items are not getting into the game for free. To make mystery gifts more attractive you will also have a chance to get oldschools from them (the chances will be very low obviously).

Another nice feature to have are donator ranks and emotes. Currently donating in Emps-World is seen as "wow, you spend money on a game?". Many other servers sell actual armour and nobody gives a fuck about whether you got it as a drop or from donating.
Unlocking titles and emotes on forums based on how much you donated total as well as adding some ing features for donaters only is the way to go in my opinion.

I will not mention the other changes that need to be done for obvious reasons.

Things that need to change after the reset

1. Advertising Emps-World for untradable consumables and other things.
Such items would be skilling brawlers, membership, ing emotes, an exclusive forum emote on SB, and other things which I am not gonna mention now.

2. "Refer a friend" could work with similar rewards but I am not sure about that.

To sum up, this game we have at the moment is trash. I am for a full reset with the changes mentioned above and many others things. Other people suggested to make World 2 a world on its own which I support as well as long as everything gets done the right way. You can also call it "oldschool emps" if it makes you happy. However focusing on PK entirely will not get any things done with the current amount of players where most of them are stakers and skillers.
This guy knows what he's talking about lol.
I like your idea of donator shops :D.

I agree with what Junkz said here in every of his sentences. We have too much items and cash in game. Almost every rich players got bored of the game. Some rich players simply just log in day to day to merch off Ge or take advantage of manipulating prices with their wealth. Some rich simply just wait for an update to log in and check things out then off again when the new content got boring.

I know that some rich players here may try to talk us out of suggestion/opinion like junkz' here by talking about Politically correct about Emps, which is only good for the ear, and not actually show results.

If things did not work out before because you (Thomy) had listened to other players' suggestion/opinion,  well it's time to listen to different players'. Either we all die slowly because of our greed to accept eco reset or sacrifice our wealth and lets repopulate with all the right changes that the community suggested.

Aside from Eco reset.

Currently, the majority of players have nothing to hype for when logging into the game other than "staking"
I suggest we add something similar to what Mary posted Here (daily login rewards), We could add other kind of rewards such as xp boost and items rewards base on their login milestone of up to ~ whatever day you want. Perhaps up to 1 year?

About graphic wise, I fully agree with what Ameer said above. I'd played a couple of other rsps and their game logic is pretty retarded, yet they have hundreds of players (yes, they're real players). Why? Well they obviously got old school graphic, a newb friendly system and their players don't seem to have any "game relating problems" like we have here on a daily biases such as low fps, animation bugs, or can't even run the game at all. If the way emps is heading now is not working out for our community, it's time to take a look at other rsps and see what they did to get their players.

We also need Titles/rank. Who in their right mind would not want a title for what they achieved or donate. Everyone wants to be noticed. Yet we still don't have any of  that. This is what deter players from a community. I think by giving out title/rank to players, We'll be more popular in terms of players supporting/promoting the server via making more donation and youtube videos, Which they know they'll get a rank for it by making x amount of donation/youtube videos etc. This way players wont get demotivating by supporting the server.  It's a win-win situation here.
This is why we really don't  need to be "unique" on everything. This "Uniqueness" idea is just bringing us down day by day, I say let's have title/rank to players. These ranks could be perm or taken away for inactivity or expired for donation for x amount of month(s).

Beside title title itself, we should have a little something for each title/rank in game; such as modisland for mods.
*Server Support -> Those who know the game really well and wants to help out players, similar to mods.
*GFX Designer  -> We had this.                 
*Ex-Staff         -> for anyone that was once a staff.                   
*Veteran         -> old players x years+               
*YouTuber       ->anyone that make x amount of videos
*Donator rank  ->  (3+ euro)
*super donator   ->(x+ euro)
*Extreme donator  ->(x+ Euro)
*Legendary donator  ->(x+ euro)

Ps. I would love it if charr doesn't reply to my opinion. Denks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:48:27 pm by Jandar »

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 01:32:37 pm »
I'm not omnipresent, so having an npc around that can explain the GE if I'm not available would help. It doesn't do anything for player gain really. It only makes the GE a bit more bearable to use for some people.
You're also not the only one in the staff team who should help players. And even if none are present then someone else is suppose to guide the noobie to that npc. But fair enough, there are many small changes that could be made(MARYS LIST, PLEASE THOMY) and another npc doesn't hurt no1.
As for our other disagreements i guess that's just because we see the problems and therefore solutions in different places. Not going to continue this discussion.

Beside title title itself, we should have a little something for each title/rank in game; such as modisland for mods.
*Server Support -> Those who know the game really well and wants to help out players, similar to mods.
*GFX Designer  -> We had this.                 
*Ex-Staff         -> for anyone that was once a staff.                   
*Veteran         -> old players x years+               
*YouTuber       ->anyone that make x amount of videos
*Donator rank  ->  (3+ euro)
*super donator   ->(x+ euro)
*Extreme donator  ->(x+ Euro)
*Legendary donator  ->(x+ euro)
Even though me myself would fall under couple of those categories i think having so many different ranks ingame makes us look cheap.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:36:02 pm by Il Skill L »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12