The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Offline M4ul K0ed

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Emps-World - Popularity Discussion
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2017, 06:59:32 am »
Why are people ignoring the fact that there are still servers with 300-700 players, it has not died out, you can still have a succesfull af server, it's all about THE CONTENT. Don't keep brining that up that Emps has great content, it clearly doesn't, looking at the player count.
The following users liked this post: Junkz, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2017, 07:40:01 am »
Why are people ignoring the fact that there are still servers with 300-700 players, it has not died out, you can still have a succesfull af server, it's all about THE CONTENT. Don't keep brining that up that Emps has great content, it clearly doesn't, looking at the player count.
If you want to form an opinion about the content it goes without saying you should look at the content rather than the playercount. While content can influence the playercount it really isn't something that directly related. You're essentially connecting two things that aren't necessarily relevant to each other. You really don't need a lot of content to get to 300 playercount, all you'd need is to throw a ton of money at ads and you'd get that eventually. You'd be able to sustain it due to the constant amount of new people, veterans wouldn't really be a thing though. Some servers do that. I've seen plenty of servers with lazily developed content reach high playercounts.

I'm fairly certain the vast majority of people in this topic have expressed the need for more good content. We do need more.
;

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2017, 09:42:17 am »
If you want to form an opinion about the content it goes without saying you should look at the content rather than the playercount. While content can influence the playercount it really isn't something that directly related. You're essentially connecting two things that aren't necessarily relevant to each other. You really don't need a lot of content to get to 300 playercount, all you'd need is to throw a ton of money at ads and you'd get that eventually. You'd be able to sustain it due to the constant amount of new people, veterans wouldn't really be a thing though. Some servers do that. I've seen plenty of servers with lazily developed content reach high playercounts.

I'm fairly certain the vast majority of people in this topic have expressed the need for more good content. We do need more.
Yeah give us hunger games minigame  >:( >:(

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2017, 09:44:26 am »
GWD is already dangerous, and pretty much nobody goes there. And whenever some new guy goes there, these threads happen https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19846.0

Compared to OSRS, Emps is dangerous af. You get an hour to get your shit back in OSRS, and for GWD u can save those key things in your bank to skip any need to get  40 kc before going to boss.

If you want difficulty, go play rs. Thats not really what majority of the people playing private servers are looking for. Scape was popular af despite its easy difficulty.
Explained it all in the long-ass post.
Summary: Economy depends on pkers creating a demand for items. Scape had pkers, World does not. Making NPCs stronger could be an alternative to having pkers, as it would also cause items to leave the game.

Also there's literally no reason to go to GWD, there's already an oversupply of all the GWD drops in the market, it's easier to buy the items, because there are too many people waiting to get rid of them.

This ( The second part is the most important problem we are facing yet we are going with ' We can't force anything on the economy or it will get worse ' while i don't remember one time we have done it and everything went wrong )

Imdaman - An emps-world duper that every player should thank for what he has done ( except the staff team back then ), bought billions worth of items and everything gone with his bankwipe, what happened after that ? people were satisfied with the prices since it went so damn high.

Unless we first clean the game from the thousands of extra items we have, people will always have the feeling of why would i go to gwd for 5 hours to get 6mil or 10mil which they spend on the supplies anyway.

Again, If people wants high prices and a lot of people left because of this --> Give it to them and force a change to the economy.
Maybe removing Ancient items can also help a lot.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2017, 11:18:30 am »
GWD is already dangerous, and pretty much nobody goes there. And whenever some new guy goes there, these threads happen https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19846.0

Compared to OSRS, Emps is dangerous af. You get an hour to get your shit back in OSRS, and for GWD u can save those key things in your bank to skip any need to get  40 kc before going to boss.

If you want difficulty, go play rs. Thats not really what majority of the people playing private servers are looking for. Scape was popular af despite its easy difficulty.
Explained it all in the long-ass post.
Summary: Economy depends on pkers creating a demand for items. Scape had pkers, World does not. Making NPCs stronger could be an alternative to having pkers, as it would also cause items to leave the game.

That wouldnt be an alternative at all. If CSGO, LoL and DOTA were turned from PvP games to PvE games, they would die. In other words, people do not play games with good PvP to PvM. The major focus of OSRS is still PKing as seen with all those tournaments.

Make PvM too hard and nobody will do it, as seen now with magic being the only viable style of combat for it. It wasn't hard in Emps either. Buffing bosses to the point of ridiculousness and not tweaking PvP they way PKers want it to be will also kill the PvM part of the game without ever reviving the PvP aspect. Emps-Scape was comparable to a spawn server: you could get multiple bandos sets, whips, dragon weapons or pretty much anything else as well in an hour. PKing was risk free because of how easy items were to get. You could PK endlessly for fun. That's what people are still looking from RSPS PKing, as seen in spawn servers. XP rates aside, there's no point in played an RSPS if it is twice the difficulty of the real game.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:23:36 am by Someone12116 »

Offline Pox90

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2017, 11:57:48 am »
Hey everyone!

It's probably no secret, but Emps-World has massively dropped in popularity. I still see about 300 daily unique logins, but we've lost a lot of players. I'd like to discuss the situation in this topic and also ask for your input. What could make Emps popular again?

As we've already discussed certain things numerous times, I'll list them here:
  • Voting: Yes, every server does it and yes we've already tried it. Voting will only work if we give out good rewards. So what could these rewards be? They shouldn't destroy the economy, nor give too many unfair advantages. In the past voting never brought us anywhere and I doubt it will ever work for Emps.
  • Advertisements: I know that ads help growing our population. Though... there's no budget for ads everywhere and I also can't get spots on toplists.
  • Oldschool: That'd be equal to developing a completely new game. However... I could try to load oldschool maps in the current Emps-World client I don't think graphics will change anything though.
  • Referral system: I'm working on it. Ideas for the rewards?

What changes / updates do you think will make Emps-World more popular again?
Please be gentle and respectful to others, else we'll just delete your replies!

All the best,
Thomy

Revert to old-school emps-scape source. Essentially old school of this server in the height of its popularity. Email market heavily to prior players, or pay up for an initial advertising launch. A big change is needed, no motivation to play anymore.

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2017, 12:30:59 pm »
Advertisements: I know that ads help growing our population. Though... there's no budget for ads everywhere and I also can't get spots on toplists.

An idea how you could advertise the game - Basically there are runescape facebook fanpages made by fans with thousands of followers, for example you could DM one of these and ask for a promotion for small fee.

Here is list of some facebook pages i found with a big amount of followers who you could DM and ask if they could advertise your server:

https://www.facebook.com/RSMemesG/
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRunescapeMemes/
https://www.facebook.com/RunescapeMemers/

Advertising a private server on official RuneScape fan sites isn't going to work out. However, I do get the concept of it, thanks. :)
I saw advertise on Instagram LMAO

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2017, 01:27:00 pm »
Advertisements: I know that ads help growing our population. Though... there's no budget for ads everywhere and I also can't get spots on toplists.

An idea how you could advertise the game - Basically there are runescape facebook fanpages made by fans with thousands of followers, for example you could DM one of these and ask for a promotion for small fee.

Here is list of some facebook pages i found with a big amount of followers who you could DM and ask if they could advertise your server:

https://www.facebook.com/RSMemesG/
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRunescapeMemes/
https://www.facebook.com/RunescapeMemers/

Advertising a private server on official RuneScape fan sites isn't going to work out. However, I do get the concept of it, thanks. :)
I saw advertise on Instagram LMAO

Instagram isnt an official Runescape site.
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2017, 03:30:29 pm »
Thanks for all the input so far! I'm trying to get as many improvements implemented as possible for the next update. :)

I think it'll be worth to work on Emps-World oldschool as side project a few days a week. I had a good idea today on how to map all monster ids with the current monsters and it worked out nicely. I think I'll be able to have an oldschool Emps-World clone sooner as expected. I'll try to get one up as soon as possible and see if people actually enjoy playing that way. If we get good feedback and an increasing population, I'll continue the oldschool project and work on more features.

Anyway, here's a progress screenschot:

I will be using the emps engine, because it's faster (better performance), looks better (no screen shaking) and has lots of optional eye candy (shadows, fog, ground, water, etc.).
The following users liked this post: Jp, Il Skill L, Drugs, Jhonson, Jandar, Iron Corne

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2017, 03:51:25 pm »
Instead of remaking the whole game and splitting the player count into 2, would it be possible to load the OSRS combat system into the current game?

Offline Ziezulas123

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2017, 06:40:20 pm »
         my ideas to make emps great again:
*rebalance all weapons and gear (zs especialy)
*fix economic
**fix pking (cuz it was one of the most attractive features to play)
*rework minigames (improve rewards + rebalance rewards prices)
*fill emps world map with something to make more rewarding to explore :D

well idk,
this is all my improvments.
(hoping for emps rebirth :D).

Offline Freestuffyay

• +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2017, 08:09:52 pm »
Thanks for all the input so far! I'm trying to get as many improvements implemented as possible for the next update. :)

I think it'll be worth to work on Emps-World oldschool as side project a few days a week. I had a good idea today on how to map all monster ids with the current monsters and it worked out nicely. I think I'll be able to have an oldschool Emps-World clone sooner as expected. I'll try to get one up as soon as possible and see if people actually enjoy playing that way. If we get good feedback and an increasing population, I'll continue the oldschool project and work on more features.

Anyway, here's a progress screenschot:

I will be using the emps engine, because it's faster (better performance), looks better (no screen shaking) and has lots of optional eye candy (shadows, fog, ground, water, etc.).
Will you change back the revision to make it more fitting?

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2017, 05:36:36 am »

This is an OSRS revision inside the emps engine.

Offline Freestuffyay

• +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2017, 08:30:39 am »

This is an OSRS revision inside the emps engine.
I guess the distant fog thing makes it look otherwise then

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2017, 09:17:35 am »
I've only posted oldschool emps progress so far and thought you might also be interested in what updates I'm working on! I'm currently reworking npc combat system in order to make it easier in the future to add new monsters and to balance them. I'll also be giving every monster weaker defensive bonuses to special combat styles (weakness system from last update applied to npcs). There'll also be buffs to some droptables. I'll have a full list of changes available at our next patch. :)

Nex is also coming along nicely already (yes, I am op with 10k HP):

I'm able to almost fully configure npc combat through config files already. This will make it very easy to edit and change things on the fly if they turn out to be too strong or too weak. Oh yeah... my inventory also contains new teletabs. ;)
The following users liked this post: Jp, Charr, Hi Im Ethan, Jhonson, Helpmeplease, Ameer, Jandar, Leon Back, Namnori, K Naut
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12