The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
New Player Experience - Discussion
« on: May 13, 2017, 03:38:18 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm creating this topic to discuss possible issues and also changes that could be made to Emps-World in order to improve it. Feel free to give me your ideas and opinions, that's what I'd like to hear. If this thread turns out well, I will definitely create more of these topics.

What do you think about the experience of new players? What could improve the game for new players or even make it more appealing to them? What are the current flaws? What's good and what's bad about the current situation?

I am eager to hear your ideas / opinions!

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 03:44:02 pm by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Jp, Skill0wzer, Bluestorm, Angila Joli, Hi Im Ethan, Jhonson, Jandar, S Clegane, Marcelo

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New Player Experience - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 04:03:51 pm »
Needs more staking  :'(

More players, higher risks and HUGEE rewards
Will bring many more new players ^^

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 04:10:11 pm »
Needs more staking  :'(

More players, higher risks and HUGEE rewards
Will bring many more new players ^^

I know you're trying to be funny here... and yeah, I had to grin, so it worked? But please, I would like to keep this topic in a serious state! ;)
The following users liked this post: Martijn7, S Clegane

Offline Martijn7

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 04:20:52 pm »
hi can i join?

Offline Killbul

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 04:24:49 pm »
new contents like new quests and stuff!

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 04:25:17 pm »
As i've been skiller for 95% of my time here I'm going to speak about skilling and not so much about PVM or PVP.
Back when i joined(who the hell remembers when was that) the most appealing thing for me was that Emps was placed perfectly between the exp rates of runescape and other private servers. It seems to me that every update that has been made to improve skilling has made it easier and easier (For example bringing all rocks to barbarian). I understand that the idea behind it was to bring community closer together(for that i would suggest changing home to Yanille, might not have a massive effect but it would definitely be more attractive place than Barbarian) and there's nothing wrong with that but you're kind of losing the challenge of skilling that it used to be.
And some skills are just ridiculous. For example thieving. I understand that removing seed stalls from draynor made the skill much more difficult to autoclick but god how painful it is to train it(notice only 4 ironman accounts that have 99 thieving).

EDIT: Also the game has gone much more individual based imo which isn't a good idea. I've brought up many times the conversation about Jad minigame. I understand that you put much effort into coding that new style jad, but back when you had to group up with your friends in veracks to kill Jad(most damage won the f cape) it brought people together. New friendships and connections were made.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 04:27:33 pm by Il Skill L »

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, S Clegane

Offline Katias Bf

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 04:28:24 pm »
  u should get prices grow more and more u cant play 4 hours and u cant get anything worth to sell.
the stakes should be with out limited stacks.
you'r upbates are affects the game. :'(

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 04:36:34 pm »
Even though I played Emps-Scape before, Emps-World for me is quite new experience itself. In my opinion, what would do best for every one is to make basic information simplified. Right now, there is majority new players who tend to ask anything in cc and due to their lack of knowledge about game they create chaos with useless spam. I suggest here introduce with some of basics about game in tutorial island as must complete option.
What touches rising skills and enjoying the game... Maybe, implementing skilling-only in daily tasks, as slayer/combat skills already bring a lot of profit and rewards. Not so many people tend to skill now. They think it's usually waste of time, they better go Pk or do slayer for money, or what's worse go staking all-in with middlemen.
What's good or bad?
Bad is staking. I don't know where people went to get so lazy or to the point where they want easy money gained quickly, otherwise it's bad game, they rage quit or spam all over cc. In latter days, players as I like to remember didn't even mentioned staking so much...
Good is game improvements making easier for new players to get around, more content to explore.
Current flow is chaotic more and more new players don't even dare to visit forums much less wiki page which provides a lot of useful information. Maybe, trying to recruit more and more contributors seeing as they play for longer periods of time but spectating each and every one of them would also consume time.

In essential, my idea is to summarize what people want from this game, why they still play it and improve their own ideas step by step while improving connection between regular player and higher-ups(this I take from IRL work and it works). The more players will get along staff the more game will be fun to login and play. I think this game(server) has more than enough to be good anytime.

Tip:My English isn't best so English lessons here in-game would also be nice cause some people don't know it and deliver weird message instead of proper sentence.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Skill0wzer

Offline The Pro Cow

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 04:37:56 pm »
there is only 5 quests in game , and they have low rewards . I think that more quests with higher rewards should be added in to the game.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 04:39:41 pm »
As i've been skiller for 95% of my time here I'm going to speak about skilling and not so much about PVM or PVP.
Back when i joined(who the hell remembers when was that) the most appealing thing for me was that Emps was placed perfectly between the exp rates of runescape and other private servers. It seems to me that every update that has been made to improve skilling has made it easier and easier (For example bringing all rocks to barbarian). I understand that the idea behind it was to bring community closer together(for that i would suggest changing home to Yanille, might not have a massive effect but it would definitely be more attractive place than Barbarian) and there's nothing wrong with that but you're kind of losing the challenge of skilling that it used to be.
And some skills are just ridiculous. For example thieving. I understand that removing seed stalls from draynor made the skill much more difficult to autoclick but god how painful it is to train it(notice only 4 ironman accounts that have 99 thieving).

EDIT: Also the game has gone much more individual based imo which isn't a good idea. I've brought up many times the conversation about Jad minigame. I understand that you put much effort into coding that new style jad, but back when you had to group up with your friends in veracks to kill Jad(most damage won the f cape) it brought people together. New friendships and connections were made.

You do have point. I agree with you a lot.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 04:41:38 pm »
there is only 5 quests in game , and they have low rewards . I think that more quests with higher rewards should be added in to the game.
There is somewhere topic where Mary made code for doing quests yourself. Please, be nice and find it yourself. Then get approval from Thomy for it to be implemented and Voala. You made quest. :) Thomy indeed has more work than you think. Also, rewards from other quest are decent already, knowing how difficult they are.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 04:48:16 pm »
new contents like new quests and stuff!
New content wouldn't necessarily help new players and that's way too broad of a statement to be of use. A few new quests catered towards gearing newer players up wouldn't be too bad.

It seems to me that every update that has been made to improve skilling has made it easier and easier (For example bringing all rocks to barbarian). I understand that the idea behind it was to bring community closer together(for that i would suggest changing home to Yanille, might not have a massive effect but it would definitely be more attractive place than Barbarian) and there's nothing wrong with that but you're kind of losing the challenge of skilling that it used to be.
Frankly I'm not a big fan of having everything in barbarian either, I'll agree that changing that wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't entirely agree that every skilling update has made everything easier, but there have definitely been some. 99 is no longer and will never be a real challenge again, we had way less of a general understanding of how to do shit back in scape. If you're looking for a challenge maxing out or getting 250m exp in a skill are the new thing.

Even with the seed stall thieving was not a skill anyone enjoyed training. Reworking skills that aren't up to par would be great and they'd certainly help newer players experience less frustration.

u should get prices grow more and more u cant play 4 hours and u cant get anything worth to sell.
Prices aren't something Thomy controls, they're in the hands of players. You can get quite a lot of money in 4 hours, all you need is to know how. Just going after the rare drops of monsters isn't all that good anymore because that's what most people do. If a lot of people use the same method it will become worse and worse over time. If everything is cheaper you will also have to get less money to afford things, so it actually balances itself out quite a bit.

Even though I played Emps-Scape before, Emps-World for me is quite new experience itself. In my opinion, what would do best for every one is to make basic information simplified. Right now, there is majority new players who tend to ask anything in cc and due to their lack of knowledge about game they create chaos with useless spam. I suggest here introduce with some of basics about game in tutorial island as must complete option.
I'd rather put new players in another cc and explain stuff to them there.

What touches rising skills and enjoying the game... Maybe, implementing skilling-only in daily tasks, as slayer/combat skills already bring a lot of profit and rewards. Not so many people tend to skill now. They think it's usually waste of time, they better go Pk or do slayer for money, or what's worse go staking all-in with middlemen.
Giving players more of an influence over what daily tasks they get wouldn't be too bad of an idea as it would probably get them to do them more often. There should be a balance between that and how the current system is, since the daily task system can also be used to get people to try things they don't often do.

Maybe, trying to recruit more and more contributors
That's something I'm working on, it'll take a while.
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy, S Clegane

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 04:59:25 pm »
Mini-Games
The lack of people playing mini-games triggers me, mini-games brought a lot of fun to the server and I hate to see them die out. My suggestion is to add worth while rewards to our current mini-games (Make them untradeable) or even add a new refreshing mini game that can breathe new life to the server. (I'm down for some soul wars) give players a reason to go play them, because honestly I don't see myself playing the current mini-games with their current rewards. Hell, throw some old school rares in there but make them cost a lot of tickets where players have to spend days/months/years playing in order to buy them. (Players with old school rares, please no hate)

Staff Hosted Events
I know that this depends on the availability of the staff team, but I would really like to see them hosted maybe 3 times a week? I really enjoyed the event divison hosted, got many members playing castle wars (Fucking miracle) Honestly a lot of people would play castle wars/pest control if double tickets were to be enabled. (It's sad, but the truth must be told) I'm also down for like duel arena tournaments, hide n seek, and much more! Also, don't be shy to host forum related events.

New Players
I speak for everyone when i say, I see a lot of new players in grand exchange simply begging to everyone for cash/items. I believe the reason is because not that they're lazy, but it's their lack of knowledge on how to get cash/items and 9 out of 10 times when they ask noob questions, everyone ignores them or simply make fun of them. How to fix this problem you ask? I believe someone said that there was a "Help" cc where all new players go in by default to ask questions... hell i'm down to join that cc and answer their questions while i'm skilling. (Rune crafting is boring af)

Duel Arena
I've noticed a lot of players lose their bank due to staking in duel arena and that's how the end up begging for cash/items at G.E. There's only one solution i can think of that can really help and it's as simple as removing staking from duel arena and keep it for fun dueling only.

Lending Item feature
I know that this got shot down before, but I really believe lending items to new players can help them progress in the game much quicker, and will eventually keep them in the server. At this point, I feel like new players are ignored and I bet they feel the same way. Of course these items will always be protected and won't disappear upon death and members can't enter the wilderness with lent items. (Let's make it where we can only lend maybe 3 items for a max of 24 hours)

I'll let you know if any more ideas come up, good job on the recent updates.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Skill0wzer, Ranger 0wns, Jandar, S Clegane

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2017, 05:08:16 pm »
Awesome feedback so far! I am astonished how fast and how many posts already arrived. Big thanks from my side. :D

So far I could change following things:
  • Help CC for beginners
  • Minigame improvements
  • In-game beginner guides / quests.
  • Skilling being too easy / annoying - Thieving as example.
  • Something I forgot?

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2017, 05:15:01 pm »
It seems to me that every update that has been made to improve skilling has made it easier and easier

Faster, not easier. There isn't a single skill in this game that is actually challenging unless you find clicking on your client difficult in some way. I never understood why people think it's more ''respectable'' to spend hundreds of hours in osrs to train a single skill to 99 and sweating your ass off when I can do the same in rs3 in considerably less time. I personally want to level up my shit fast and jump straight into the endgame content of the game. I don't want to be 'stuck' grinding for years.

Also, there is absolutely no reward for training thieving past Master Farmers. You get 300 gp per pickpocket at Heroes and the fail rate is ridiculous. Do you seriously think somebody will train 99 to get 300k money per hour? The skill itself is fast and IMO there's nothing wrong with it. Thieving also proves my point, it's the most ''challenging'' skill there is and nobody trains it.

Mini-Games
The lack of people playing mini-games triggers me, mini-games brought a lot of fun to the server and I hate to see them die out. My suggestion is to add worth while rewards to our current mini-games (Make them untradeable) or even add a new refreshing mini game that can breathe new life to the server. (I'm down for some soul wars) give players a reason to go play them, because honestly I don't see myself playing the current mini-games with their current rewards. Hell, throw some old school rares in there but make them cost a lot of tickets where players have to spend days/months/years playing in order to buy them. (Players with old school rares, please no hate)

Staff Hosted Events
I know that this depends on the availability of the staff team, but I would really like to see them hosted maybe 3 times a week? I really enjoyed the event divison hosted, got many members playing castle wars (Fucking miracle) Honestly a lot of people would play castle wars/pest control if double tickets were to be enabled. (It's sad, but the truth must be told) I'm also down for like duel arena tournaments, hide n seek, and much more! Also, don't be shy to host forum related events.

New Players
I speak for everyone when i say, I see a lot of new players in grand exchange simply begging to everyone for cash/items. I believe the reason is because not that they're lazy, but it's their lack of knowledge on how to get cash/items and 9 out of 10 times when they ask noob questions, everyone ignores them or simply make fun of them. How to fix this problem you ask? I believe someone said that there was a "Help" cc where all new players go in by default to ask questions... hell i'm down to join that cc and answer their questions while i'm skilling. (Rune crafting is boring af)

Duel Arena
I've noticed a lot of players lose their bank due to staking in duel arena and that's how the end up begging for cash/items at G.E. There's only one solution i can think of that can really help and it's as simple as removing staking from duel arena and keep it for fun dueling only.

Lending Item feature
I know that this got shot down before, but I really believe lending items to new players can help them progress in the game much quicker, and will eventually keep them in the server. At this point, I feel like new players are ignored and I bet they feel the same way. Of course these items will always be protected and won't disappear upon death and members can't enter the wilderness with lent items. (Let's make it where we can only lend maybe 3 items for a max of 24 hours)

I'll let you know if any more ideas come up, good job on the recent updates.

Adding more minigames like soul wars will definitely not help the situation. I don't even understand why people want that to be added in the first place, people did nothing but AFK there in RS to begin with because of the long-ass games and boring gameplay. I bet none of you asking for this never even played a single game of it. With only 70 players online, you cannot expect there to be 2 minigames running simultaneously when there's so much more content in the game in addition to those. This is why double ticket weekends should have never been removed and the weekends should be altered between the two minigames.

Staff hosted events - I never gave a flying shiet about these personally. Idk why people want these to be hosted so damn often ????????? You don't need a staff member to host HnS and shit. Get people into a CC and there u go, host events by yourself.

Beggars - A common factor between all of them usually is the fact that they're level 120+. Either they are returning players too lazy to go make starting money at low-level monsters or they got cleaned. If they actually happen to be a new player, one improvement for early game money making would be to replace the annoying af ice fiends from the Ice Mountain and replace them with unaggressive Ice Warriors. They drop bunch of alchables that will make new players money even when sold to general store. They'll make money for dragon/barrows in less than an hour.

Duel Arena - add a minimum total requirement. I don't think duel arena is a ''threat'' to new players since you already need to have maxed melee, whip and something to stake at that point.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:17:34 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Hi Im Ethan, S Clegane
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8