The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New Player Experience - Discussion
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 04:32:10 pm »
Sorry, but Edge and especially GE are just as close to Rimmington, Barbarian, Ardougne or Yanille - 1 teleport away. Yanille would need a home portal, that's it.

But I do have to agree with H3lix about making newcomers feel more welcome here. Right now it's tough as fuck to survive in the shoutbox because when a newcomer sees all the trash talking it can be tough on him. Only the strongest survive and feel welcome through the bs. Im surprised Skill0wzer has kind of blended in ._. So there's much we(as players) can do on our own too.

Edit: an idea popped in my head. What about changing the forums a little bit. Instead of having 2 separate webpages, one for forums and one for downloading the client and whatnot we could blend these two together? This would bring new players directly to the forums where they could read discussions, ask questions or look at screenshots and this way blend into the community a little better?

Yeaaaaah... from a technical point of view, blending the forum and main page together is quite a large task. Some project that'll take a month or so, because it will mean that the entire site needs to be rewritten. So that's imho not needed and also won't happen. :)

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 05:24:43 pm »
I can't say that i'm a new player, I played back in Emps-Scape but I quit that late 2011/early 2012 and started to play Emps-World almost 1 year ago when ironman mode was released. That was something that really caught my attention and made me want to return. I've been around the forums since Emps-World was opened though.

My feedback and experience here is only positive. I dont know if that because of my personality or attitude towards the game. I've really enjoyed every single update and how the game has evolved since the early times is really amazing. A lot of work has been put towards the game.

I created my account as an ironman meaning that I'm basically playing the game singleplayer, no trading with other players. I enjoyed the grind at the start and still enjoying it, I really loved how everything is unlocked after a small grind, not too easy and not too hard either. You really have to see a lot of effort to advance in the game. Not sure if new players lack motivation to make progress on their accounts. Hard work here is rewarded, that's where Emps-World is unique compared to other servers and it's a very good thing in my opinion.

There was nothing that has felt annoying for me during my gameplay. I like these kind of games where you have to see effort to see progress. Play the game slowly or however you want, make progress on your own phase.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:26:33 pm by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Someone12116, S Clegane

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 06:26:52 pm »
Some might disagree with me on this, however for me I liked a lot the way we had few bosses ing and their unique drops, such as kbd drops bgs, kolodion zgs, wyvern drops ags and sgs to be dropped by some boss that i completely forgot its name, * possible troll general *

back when we had kree arra at desert wilderness, it gave another reason to people to visit that place instead of the dung only
back when we had old castle wars, that shit was fun af like hours each day just playing it and having fun
and not to forget about the old jad, i actually had a lot of fun there, running around falador for few mins to get as many as possible then go there to get some fire capes

more like the server had something unique, instead of a rs copy of gwd , rs copy of jad , rs copy of castle wars i guess( i don't play rs often )

for me, I would really enjoy seeing gwd removed and placing the items to how is used to be, however this thing is impossible since you spent hours coding it.

just lemme make a quick list of what I would like to see changed ( don't get me wrong i like it now but its used to be more unique )
  • Old jad mini-game
  • Old Bosses to drop their original drops
  • Old castle wars

I wouldn't mind either seeing our home place changed from g.e, Imo this place is a so big for our current player base
maybe having a unique G.E place in Yannile, or even falador idk it might look so bad anyway

I'll edit this if something new comes to my mind
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:39:47 pm by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 06:58:16 pm »
As opposed to the old jad minigame, I have two suggestions for group PvM that I think would do way better. Of course we could still have the old jad minigame, but I'd prefer if it was something that only came around once in a while rather than being permanent.

The first one is giving Kolodion a second look. For something that actually had the potential to be group content it's way too easy to solo. It already has a drop system that will give something to everyone that took part in killing it and the PvP aspect of it (group vs group) isn't something that works out in reality as it is now. Buff the boss to actually require a group to kill at an acceptable speed (3-6 people should be enough) and maybe give it slightly better drops. Getting some teleport tabs slightly closer to it's spawning location would be nice and convenient.

The second one is something similar to the jad minigame except it's not the jad minigame, but a god wars dungeon equivalent of it. We have nex' room completely empty and available for it right now and it shouldn't be super difficult to put together. Waves would consist of monsters that are both in the boss room and outside of them, buffed up versions of boss minions and the bosses themselves could be the more important targets.

To restrict the access to this, you can only access it if the door is open, requiring the frozen key to open and not staying open for very long. The pieces to the frozen key are dropped by any monster in the god wars dungeon and they would also be tradable. With spiritual creatures as a slayer task (and hopefully after they get the necessary improvements to them) that should be an acceptable means of acquiring the key. Given that this would be our most endgame content yet I would want it to require membership.

You should be able to do this with relatively cheap gear (black dhide, dragon) so long as your group is large enough, which would fill in a gap in our gear progression. The current gwd bosses can remain as they are or be changed to benefit solo players more. With the 'raid' version of gwd there's potential for new items, potential for some sort of token system so that rewards are more consistent or the drops could just be done like kolo. I think it might be worth Thomy's and our time.

Rather than looking at the past and being deadset on going back to it, can we all look to the past and learn from it instead?
;

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2017, 07:19:06 pm »
We could turn KBD into a group boss that gives a drop to everyone? We could also apply the same mechanic to other bosses actually... Though, their drops may be a little too good. Maybe giving the top 3 players or so a drop could also work?
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2017, 07:24:07 pm »
We could turn KBD into a group boss that gives a drop to everyone? We could also apply the same mechanic to other bosses actually... Though, their drops may be a little too good. Maybe giving the top 3 players or so a drop could also work?
That would just be increasing the supply of the boss' drops without actually fixing anything. I would literally just bring along more of my own accounts to kbd if it were like that.
;

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2017, 08:19:21 pm »
That would just be increasing the supply of the boss' drops without actually fixing anything. I would literally just bring along more of my own accounts to kbd if it were like that.
Add more RNG into the mix to fix the problem. Track the damage that each player deals and the total damage dealt to boss and the chance that any player gets a drop is (damage dealt by player)/(total damage dealt by all players).

So with KBD, if 3 players with really original names kill it and player1 deals 100 damage, player2 deals 150 damage and player3 deals 250 damage to it. Then RNG determines whether each of them gets a drop.
For player1 if RNG < 1/5 then player1 gets drop.
For player2 if RNG < 3/10 then player2 also gets a drop.
For player3 if RNG < 1/2 then player3 gets a drop as well.
In the long run that should end up being exactly the same, with the difference that there's a chance that none of them get a drop and a chance that all of them do. If someone soloes a boss then the chance is 100% and they're still guaranteed a drop.

What's the difference at all? Nooblets that can only deal a few damage get a chance to get drops without having to beg others to share, more experienced players get to still have drops more often and Charr can't abuse the system by multilogging, because each damage he deals with his other accounts lowers the chance of him getting a drop with his main. So for the same number of kills he should expect to get roughly the same drops and the only advantage of using a group or multilogging to fight bosses is that kills come faster.

Would it be more frustrating? Possibly for the experienced players who deal most damage but get unlucky with RNG, but for them to get a chance to be unlucky would mean that someone was helping them so it's also possible that more noobs helping them ends up getting them more kills faster and making up for them getting drops less often.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2017, 05:31:39 am »
Some might disagree with me on this, however for me I liked a lot the way we had few bosses ing and their unique drops, such as kbd drops bgs, kolodion zgs, wyvern drops ags and sgs to be dropped by some boss that i completely forgot its name, * possible troll general *

What about Bandos Set/Armadyl Set/Battle Robes Set which are without a doubt one of the best offensive armor with decent defensive bonuses? As I recall, they were on drop tables of Cockatrices and Banshees when they was "farmed" for longer periods of time in safe spot. However, I don't say I disagree with you there fully.

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2017, 06:01:20 am »
Add more RNG into the mix to fix the problem. Track the damage that each player deals and the total damage dealt to boss and the chance that any player gets a drop is (damage dealt by player)/(total damage dealt by all players).

So with KBD, if 3 players with really original names kill it and player1 deals 100 damage, player2 deals 150 damage and player3 deals 250 damage to it. Then RNG determines whether each of them gets a drop.
In the long run that should end up being exactly the same, with the difference that there's a chance that none of them get a drop and a chance that all of them do. If someone soloes a boss then the chance is 100% and they're still guaranteed a drop.

What's the difference at all? Nooblets that can only deal a few damage get a chance to get drops without having to beg others to share, more experienced players get to still have drops more often and Charr can't abuse the system by multilogging, because each damage he deals with his other accounts lowers the chance of him getting a drop with his main. So for the same number of kills he should expect to get roughly the same drops and the only advantage of using a group or multilogging to fight bosses is that kills come faster.

Would it be more frustrating? Possibly for the experienced players who deal most damage but get unlucky with RNG, but for them to get a chance to be unlucky would mean that someone was helping them so it's also possible that more noobs helping them ends up getting them more kills faster and making up for them getting drops less often.

Interesting approach... Could just work on something like lootshare though. We could just split up resource drops between the group and give out rare drops with the formula you provided. This of course would only be enabled while being in a clan chat.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Even resource drops could be shared with the formula you've provided.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:20:47 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Jhonson

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2017, 06:15:28 am »
Loot share would definitely encourage group bossing and that should be a good thing in my opinion. Could also be used in the future as well in case you come up with some team boss that actually requires a group of 2 - 3 players to kill.

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2017, 06:30:03 am »
Loot share would definitely encourage group bossing and that should be a good thing in my opinion. Could also be used in the future as well in case you come up with some team boss that actually requires a group of 2 - 3 players to kill.

Could also add all group members health bars to the top left of the screen. :P With a toggle... cuz drama.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2017, 06:39:35 am »
The first one is giving Kolodion a second look. For something that actually had the potential to be group content it's way too easy to solo. It already has a drop system that will give something to everyone that took part in killing it and the PvP aspect of it (group vs group) isn't something that works out in reality as it is now. Buff the boss to actually require a group to kill at an acceptable speed (3-6 people should be enough) and maybe give it slightly better drops. Getting some teleport tabs slightly closer to it's spawning location would be nice and convenient.
Unless people actually stop Pking, Kolodion is still dangerous semi-boss. He is spawned mostly in multi and after recent updates I doubt it can be killed in single combat zone. Take it, for instance, Bone Yard. Multi, 30+ level wilderness and not so safe. Although adjusting it's drops I wouldn't mind but the time it takes to kill Kolodion(1200 Hitpoints) for skilling drops or especially, pet/wings/latern(1/1000) is something some people are still trying to do and isn't as easy as it seems. I'm more focused on doing group Bossing in safe zones than in Wilderness with Kolodion around. Jad is one good example of it. As far as group killing it goes, players will probably make more accounts with protect from magic and high range level fast for it then go kill it in d'hides + blurite crossbow which equals from low to almost none risk at all.
Teleportation Tablets from Ancient Spellbook that I suggested not so long ago... where are they lol, they would turn in useful thingy. :)

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2017, 06:43:02 am »

Interesting approach... Could just work on something like lootshare though. We could just split up resource drops between the group and give out rare drops with the formula you provided. This of course would only be enabled while being in a clan chat.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Even resource drops could be shared with the formula you've provided.
I suggested something similar to lootshare but not exactly the same that would show drop in green color which person what gained to prevent scamming at Bossing events where people would share drops. Also, red colored drop would be rare drop or uncommon one. And it would work in certain area, let's say, you'll see if someone received something as drop if you're 25 paces far away from it. Same with scan clue distance.
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19212.0
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:46:15 am by Wg »

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2017, 08:33:07 am »
Would be cool if theres a rare drop it would be highlighted in the chat

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
The following users liked this post: Thomy, S Clegane

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2017, 09:15:42 am »
Newcomer items and different rewards could also be rewarded through achievement diaries (from easy and medium parts) if they ever get released. Having easy, medium and hard tasks in popular locations/areas (Varrock, Barbarian/Edgeville, Falador and Catherby, Alkharid/Desert) would be an encouraging move for players to move around the game more, explore and do different stuff. And why not for older players as well?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:27:06 am by Jp »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8