The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: New Player Experience - Discussion
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2017, 12:56:47 pm »
What about a yell feature: "Il Skill L has just received an Abyssal Whip from Abyssal Demon" Or something in a similar style. It has also been suggested a couple of times. To avoid it just becoming a spam-fest I would suggest setting the price high enough, having a toggle to turn it on and off and also making it PVM feature only.
I fail to see how me getting a notification about my own drop only is any good as we already have a price checker incase you're not familiar with the prices on your own. (100k seems also too low because jangerberries for example go for 20k each and 1-8 jangerberries is a common drop of a cockatrice)
Uncommon drops - green and rare or very rare - red. .
I know it will be more frustrating but this way it will stay stable unlike by price because prices change everyday.
no way, price is way easier to keep track of. And for example, werewolfs rare drop is a maple shortbow lmao.

If a system was released, it should be for rare boss drops. Nothing else IMO.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Il Skill L, S Clegane

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2017, 01:00:23 pm »
Not that we're mistakening here: Drops > 100k will be marked on the floor and sent to your chatbox only.

There's no broadcast system yet. I would broadcast 99s, 200ms and drops > 5m? That would come from both worlds
The following users liked this post: Jp, Skill0wzer, Il Skill L, Crusher123, S Clegane

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2017, 01:06:01 pm »
Not that we're mistakening here: Drops > 100k will be marked on the floor and sent to your chatbox only.

There's no broadcast system yet. I would broadcast 99s, 200ms and drops > 5m? That would come from both worlds
In addition to that, perhaps a broadcast message for fighting and fancy boots from medium clues, elite black from hard clues, druidic 3rd age from elites and gilded ornament kits from regular caskets?
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2017, 01:15:46 pm »
That would be lit, would make the server feel very alive

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2017, 05:05:17 pm »
That would be lit, would make the server feel very alive

I'm just gonna do it via clan chat. Already working out really well. Every 50M experience steps are broadcasted, level 99s and all drops that have a value over 1m. Anything else that should be broadcasted? Does 1m sound like a reasonable value to be broadcasted, or should it be higher for item drops?

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2017, 05:08:54 pm »
Is that alch value? Might be annoying at revenants and spectrals. You're basically telling everyone 'hey come kill me' when you get a drop there and it gets broadcasted :P

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2017, 05:11:24 pm »
Is that alch value? Might be annoying at revenants and spectrals. You're basically telling everyone 'hey come kill me' when you get a drop there and it gets broadcasted :P

Street price (GE value) is used for the trigger if available, else alch price. Could disable it in the wilderness or make it a setting? Though I am pretty sure people will just forget that in the wilderness.

EDIT: changed the value from 1M to 2M... think that's better and will cause less spam. Will definitely only trigger on really good drops.

Current triggers:
  • Level 99 in a skill.
  • 50M experience steps in a skill: 50M, 100M, 150M, 200M and 250M.
  • Drops from a monster exceeding a Grand Exchange price of 2M.
  • Players completing the tutorial.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 05:27:04 pm by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2017, 05:38:22 pm »
Street price (GE value) is used for the trigger if available, else alch price. Could disable it in the wilderness or make it a setting? Though I am pretty sure people will just forget that in the wilderness.

EDIT: changed the value from 1M to 2M... think that's better and will cause less spam. Will definitely only trigger on really good drops.
Would rather see a whitelist but this works. Don't forget about things like pets, which are worthy of being announced but not tradable.

Current triggers:
  • Level 99 in a skill.
  • Drops from a monster exceeding a Grand Exchange price of 2M.
  • Players completing the tutorial.
Make sure that people can't just spam the thing by creating new accounts over and over or using lamps. Maxing out also deserves one.
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Skill0wzer, Il Skill L, Tomtim1, S Clegane

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2017, 05:46:15 pm »
i would stick with the 5m you mentioned at first. Things like dragon hasta which is 3m isn't special enough to be broadcasted in my personal opinion.
But definitely add maxing out as Charr mentioned above.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Crusher123

• Liked: 428 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2017, 09:36:35 pm »
Could also add all group members health bars to the top left of the screen. :P With a toggle... cuz drama.

This could be useful in multi pking aswell.
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2017, 06:19:32 am »
New list of broadcasting triggers:
  • Level 99 in a skill.
  • Level 99 in all skills.
  • Drops from a monster exceeding a Grand Exchange price of 5M.
  • Untradeable drops that have a rarity of <= 1%. This is for rare collectibles.
  • Players completing the tutorial. Acts as a welcome message.

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2017, 09:16:09 pm »
@Thomer, what's your opinion about shutting down world 2?

The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Ameer

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2017, 05:35:12 am »

Pretty unnecessary imho. You can just go to another spot when it's too crowded or when other people are doing a boss currently. Although I have to agree that this is unlikely. :)

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2017, 05:48:02 am »

Pretty unnecessary imho. You can just go to another spot when it's too crowded or when other people are doing a boss currently. Although I have to agree that this is unlikely. :)
Otto reminded me a few days ago that back in emps-scape to run 2 worlds we needed atleast 600 players. Right now we have 1/5 of that and our map has gone pretty much twice the size as it was back then. World 2 is averaging ~5 players online which is just silly. Not a single place in this game is crowded enough for 2 worlds to make sense right now. Not even doing a boss as bosses are in multi zones which would create a healthy challenge between players. Having players together in 1 world would also make the game look tiny bit more active and crowded which might create more interest in new players.

The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Division66

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2017, 06:46:55 am »

Otto reminded me a few days ago that back in emps-scape to run 2 worlds we needed atleast 600 players. Right now we have 1/5 of that and our map has gone pretty much twice the size as it was back then. World 2 is averaging ~5 players online which is just silly. Not a single place in this game is crowded enough for 2 worlds to make sense right now. Not even doing a boss as bosses are in multi zones which would create a healthy challenge between players. Having players together in 1 world would also make the game look tiny bit more active and crowded which might create more interest in new players.

This is actually 100% true,

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8