The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New Player Experience - Discussion
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2017, 09:15:54 am »
Newcomer items and different rewards could also be rewarded through achievement diaries (from easy and medium parts) if they ever get released. Having easy, medium and hard tasks in popular locations/areas (Varrock, Barbarian/Edgeville, Falador and Catherby) would be an encouraging move for players to move around the game more, explore and do different stuff.

I do agree this is a really great addition. But it's quite a big update, so it won't find itself too soon into emps.

Would be cool if theres a rare drop it would be highlighted in the chat

That's an easy change. Any idea of which value should be exceeded in order for the drop to be highlighted? Currently I've configured 100k.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:21:43 am by Thomy »

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2017, 09:18:01 am »
Newcomer items and different rewards could also be rewarded through achievement diaries (from easy and medium parts) if they ever get released. Having easy, medium and hard tasks in popular locations/areas (Varrock, Barbarian/Edgeville, Falador and Catherby) would be an encouraging move for players to move around the game more, explore and do different stuff. And why not for older players as well?
Desert Diary on of rewards could provide immunity from smoke in Smoke dungeon and let's you bring Better gear if you were to solo Smoke Demon Champion with full gear and not slayer helm/facemask.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2017, 09:19:14 am »
Newcomer items and different rewards could also be rewarded through achievement diaries (from easy and medium parts) if they ever get released. Having easy, medium and hard tasks in popular locations/areas (Varrock, Barbarian/Edgeville, Falador and Catherby) would be an encouraging move for players to move around the game more, explore and do different stuff.

I do agree this is a really great addition. But it's quite a big update, so it won't find itself too soon into emps.

Yeah you've mentioned that a couple times by now. Coming up with the tasks you actually have to do, add different triggers or something to different actions that are do-able in-game takes a lot of time I can imagine. There's probably even more in it as well.

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2017, 09:21:09 am »

Yeah you've mentioned that a couple times by now. Coming up with the tasks you actually have to do, add different triggers or something to different actions that are do-able in-game takes a lot of time I can imagine. There's probably even more in it as well.

Excactly, it will require triggers in the game everywhere. I'm not gonna hack something together and want a really decent system there. :)

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2017, 09:21:20 am »

That's a small edit. Any idea of which value should be exceeded in order for the drop to be highlighted? Currently I've configured 100k.
Can it be configured by rarity? Like from Bosses common drops - green, uncommon - yellow and rare or very rare - red.

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2017, 09:25:17 am »

That's a small edit. Any idea of which value should be exceeded in order for the drop to be highlighted? Currently I've configured 100k.
Can it be configured by rarity? Like from Bosses common drops - green, uncommon - yellow and rare or very rare - red.

Pretty sure that this is going to end up being frustrating. Rare drops aren't always the same... Some monsters would give you a loot beam on Rune scimitars and others wouldn't even give you one on Dragon items. Imho it should be based on the item value.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2017, 09:28:28 am »

That's an easy change. Any idea of which value should be exceeded in order for the drop to be highlighted? Currently I've configured 100k.
That would work more than enough then.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2017, 10:40:41 am »

Did you put it on bosses only or also regular monsters, I would set it so you would see every boss drop and only the valuable regular monster drops

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2017, 11:56:10 am »

Did you put it on bosses only or also regular monsters, I would set it so you would see every boss drop and only the valuable regular monster drops

On every monster. It appears when the drop is worth more than 100k.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2017, 12:00:18 pm »

On every monster. It appears when the drop is worth more than 100k.
I'm finishing work in few hours. Will I be able to test it in-game?

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2017, 12:14:02 pm »

Nope. It will be part of the next update. :) Sorry.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2017, 12:24:49 pm »

Nope. It will be part of the next update. :) Sorry.
No problem. It can wait, of course.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2017, 12:32:01 pm »
What about a yell feature: "Il Skill L has just received an Abyssal Whip from Abyssal Demon" Or something in a similar style. It has also been suggested a couple of times. To avoid it just becoming a spam-fest I would suggest setting the price high enough, having a toggle to turn it on and off and also making it PVM feature only.
I fail to see how me getting a notification about my own drop only is any good as we already have a price checker incase you're not familiar with the prices on your own. (100k seems also too low because jangerberries for example go for 20k each and 1-8 jangerberries is a common drop of a cockatrice)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:36:23 pm by Il Skill L »

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2017, 12:45:17 pm »
What about a yell feature: "Il Skill L has just received an Abyssal Whip from Abyssal Demon" Or something in a similar style. It has also been suggested a couple of times. To avoid it just becoming a spam-fest I would suggest setting the price high enough, having a toggle to turn it on and off and also making it PVM feature only.
I fail to see how me getting a notification about my own drop only is any good as we already have a price checker incase you're not familiar with the prices on your own. (100k seems also too low because jangerberries for example go for 20k each and 1-8 jangerberries is a common drop of a cockatrice)
Uncommon drops - green and rare or very rare - red. .
I know it will be more frustrating but this way it will stay stable unlike by price because prices change everyday.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:53:15 pm by Wg »

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2017, 12:55:32 pm »
Uncommon drops - green and rare or very rare - red. .
I know it will be more frustrating but this way it will stay stable unlike by price because prices change everyday.
no way, price is way easier to keep track of. And for example, werewolfs rare drop is a maple shortbow lmao.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Thomy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8