The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Player Survey
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2014, 03:37:21 pm »
Why didnt u make a fresh start ? that is my opinion, some people get jealous because mary has all skills 99 and he has to tryhard to get them and then just X
I worked very hard for my skills for 7 years straight, they're not set! I'd be very disappointed if the skills would have been reset.

Also i did most skills when the xp rates were still bad and there was no double xp weekend, you guys have it way easier right now.
^ Agree with mary.
If we would get a full reset only more players will stop playing the game.
It's too late for this option.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2014, 03:38:02 pm »
Why didnt u make a fresh start ? that is my opinion, some people get jealous because mary has all skills 99 and he has to tryhard to get them and then just X
I worked very hard for my skills for 7 years straight, they're not set! I'd be very disappointed if the skills would have been reset.

Also i did most skills when the xp rates were still bad and there was no double xp weekend, you guys have it way easier right now.

7 years straight is a lie tho.
Y u lie Mary... tought better off you :(

Offline Karcce

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dedication - Treasure
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2014, 04:03:19 pm »
I really think that we need old school emps back. We need unique server, not simmilar like others nowadays 

Offline Beebi

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2014, 04:21:24 pm »
I would say that many ppl play only cause of staking, they dont kill bosses or do anything else, they just stake untill they are cleaned and then quit. (dueal are should be closed for some time)

And yeah, another reason is no pkers, no dh sets, too many 3rd age items(high def, u cant hit em)- means hard to pk, noone wants to pk like this

Combat system is a bit fked up too, it doesent matter, are u 45 def or 99 (well, in staking, there is still 50% chanse to win, u hit the same and defend same amount of hits)

Eddit:
I'm pretty sure a ton of our playerbase is focused solely on the double xp and double membership, and that's why they only get on during those days. You spoiled them too much, thomy.
Many players also disagree with the double xp.. So it's kinda contradictionary. People quit because there is double xp, people quit because there isn't double xp..
Only old emps-scape players quit cause there are too many double xp
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:23:45 pm by Beebi »

Offline Pkteammage

• +0/-0
  • Helping the ones who need it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2014, 04:58:54 pm »
I think bringing some more content(not saying there hasn't been enough updates), like more bosses. I, personally, get bored quite easily, so nothing to do might be a problem we are facing with this community.

Offline K120str

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2014, 05:15:42 pm »
I have to admit,client and everything is running gooood for me, never had any problems. I´m less active because I´m playing other games too ( I dont mean like other servers, i mean games) . And the other reason is school, and im so tired, i just dont have the feeling to play, but that does not make me quit emps-scape, I love it! And will not quit! Two of my friends quitted because their computers are shitty and these toasters will not run the new client.

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2014, 05:23:10 pm »
I have to admit,client and everything is running gooood for me, never had any problems. I´m less active because I´m playing other games too ( I dont mean like other servers, i mean games) . And the other reason is school, and im so tired, i just dont have the feeling to play, but that does not make me quit emps-scape, I love it! And will not quit! Two of my friends quitted because their computers are shitty and these toasters will not run the new client.

That is actually a really good reason.
Emps was down for over a year people find new games, have long school days.
They might just not prioritize emps the way they did.
Maybe their fire just burned out.

Offline Straw Hat

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
  • Fight Fire with Fire.....I mean with DFS
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2014, 05:42:09 pm »
Thomy you should take an example from Sword art online...
somehow lock our computers in the game and dont let us logff nor exit until we all die :D
 kidding

but seriously you could see some nice examples from the show: like multi player quests i think people would like that
And quests depending on lev so people with high lev have something to do.
I think third age should go back to the avatars
visage should only put on black dragons or mith.

And getting people on the forum  making them a part of the community because thats what really makes me stick to emps
its the community that we all love
but new players do not know that

Maybe stuff like that could help
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:46:49 pm by Straw Hat »

Offline Beebi

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2014, 05:46:43 pm »
One more thing, there were no LoL when there was Emps-scape highlights :D

Offline Zachera

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2014, 06:33:57 pm »
When I found out that Emps-Scape (Emps-World) was back, I immediately took my mindset back to where I was right before it went offline. Unfortunately, I was met with a few concerns: a new set of graphics, a wiped out bank, and, soon to follow my return, a new combat system.

New graphics

When I first played Emps-Scape, what really drew me into the game was the graphics.  I was so nostalgic for the graphics that I ended up getting 99s across the board in a matter of weeks.  When the graphic changes came along, I wasn't turned on by this.  At first, I tried to adjust, but I just felt like I was playing RuneScape 3, and so I played less.  What I enjoyed playing was a fixed client, with simple graphics, just like the old days of RuneScape.  In fact, when Emps-Scape closed, I went directly to Old School RuneScape and worked diligently on an account that now has many high levels.  It doesn't seem like the new graphics were introduced appropriately.  They should have been polled first, with the community agreeing to have them added or not.  It seems like what ended up happening is that we went forward with new graphics. We then gradually started to drop old graphics because they were 'causing more problems', and those kind of problems were never addressed appropriately, so we ended up sticking to new graphics only.  The classic client that exists now not only lacks any old graphics, but it is also more dysfunctional than the new, OpenGL client.  I am also having issues running it on my Mac, so it is not efficiently tested across multiple platforms, which may account for some player count drop.

Wiped out bank

Everything that I worked for in Emps-Scape was completely gone when I checked my bank on Emps-World.  This was a severe disappointment.  I had not only put in time and effort, but also my own money (donations) towards that bank.  All of it was removed.  Now, don't get me wrong, I can understand that it may have addressed the concern for the inflated economy on Emps-Scape, but even with such an economy, it was still a highly active economy.  You could log into Emps-Scape and you'd see hundreds of people standing outside of the Falador East Bank selling a variety of items.  This was convenient because everyone was selling something that you could find use for.  I can't give an honest opinion of what the economy is like right now because I've still been working to get my original bank back to where it once was.  Every time I am in Falador though, it seems like there is nobody there selling items.  This may be because I'm on at the wrong times, or that the economy is a lot less active than it once was.

New combat system

A few weeks ago, a new combat system was introduced that completely wiped out the existing bonuses.  It doesn't seem like this new system was adequately polled, or even prepared.  There have been dozens of 'tweaks' to items because they're too powerful or too weak.  The items that players once thought were useful are now completely useless, and vice versa for other items.  I would take an educated guess that even if a single person makes a post that says "X item is broken", there is another 10 players in-game that are frustrated because they're experiencing the same issue, but don't know that a fix has been addressed.  To be completely honest, I don't even understand why the old combat system was replaced if it worked so efficiently for so many years in Emps-Scape.  Even if it was 'messy', it was still something that people used and loved.

I would also like to add that having 99 in a lot of skills seems to have no real monetary gain:
4. As much as I remember from the old days, this game was about pking. Since pking is dead people quit. The second most popular activity was skilling, but that isn't profitable so no point in that - people quit.
The first thing I did in-game when I logged in was mining Runite ores, smelting Runite bars, smithing Rune platebodies, and alching them.  This gives me about 100K per inventory.  This is equivalent to 10 Ranarrs, according to current market prices.  What a joke.  The only way to make any decent money in Emps-World is to kill monsters and get rare drops.  If I get 99 Smithing, that should give me the ability to make good money because I worked so hard to get that level.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:43:35 pm by Zachera »
Emps-Scape died a long time ago. Nowadays I play Old School RuneScape.

Offline Belgian Pk3r

• +0/-0
  • Old-School Emps Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2014, 07:09:25 pm »
Thanks for all the responses! The main reasons I can extract here are gaining and losing money. Some have mentioned old graphics but if we take care of that, we'll never advance.

I've slso read about exp rates. Some finding them too high, others too low. Regarding advertising, we'll go on the toplists next month.

So far I'd have following suggestions:
  • More to do for med levels. Better drops.
  • GE to improve selling and buying skill resources.
  • Member skills doable up to a max level, e.g. 50
Typed this on my phone :-)

The Member skills doable up to a certain level is a great idea. But keep in mind that slayer monster drops up to lvl 50 slayer will drop in price.

Some kind of GE is GREAT in my opinion. Just don't make the same mistake Jagex did.
Don't make a fixed price for items.

Maybe use a system like this? I came across this on a forum once.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:11:08 pm by Belgian Pk3r »
127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

Offline Knight Night

• Liked: 18 times
  • +0/-0
  • What are you looking at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2014, 07:27:27 pm »
New graphics

When I first played Emps-Scape, what really drew me into the game was the graphics.  I was so nostalgic for the graphics that I ended up getting 99s across the board in a matter of weeks.  When the graphic changes came along, I wasn't turned on by this.  At first, I tried to adjust, but I just felt like I was playing RuneScape 3, and so I played less.  What I enjoyed playing was a fixed client, with simple graphics, just like the old days of RuneScape.  In fact, when Emps-Scape closed, I went directly to Old School RuneScape and worked diligently on an account that now has many high levels.  It doesn't seem like the new graphics were introduced appropriately.  They should have been polled first, with the community agreeing to have them added or not.  It seems like what ended up happening is that we went forward with new graphics. We then gradually started to drop old graphics because they were 'causing more problems', and those kind of problems were never addressed appropriately, so we ended up sticking to new graphics only.  The classic client that exists now not only lacks any old graphics, but it is also more dysfunctional than the new, OpenGL client.  I am also having issues running it on my Mac, so it is not efficiently tested across multiple platforms, which may account for some player count drop.

Wiped out bank

Everything that I worked for in Emps-Scape was completely gone when I checked my bank on Emps-World.  This was a severe disappointment.  I had not only put in time and effort, but also my own money (donations) towards that bank.  All of it was removed.  Now, don't get me wrong, I can understand that it may have addressed the concern for the inflated economy on Emps-Scape, but even with such an economy, it was still a highly active economy.  You could log into Emps-Scape and you'd see hundreds of people standing outside of the Falador East Bank selling a variety of items.  This was convenient because everyone was selling something that you could find use for.  I can't give an honest opinion of what the economy is like right now because I've still been working to get my original bank back to where it once was.  Every time I am in Falador though, it seems like there is nobody there selling items.  This may be because I'm on at the wrong times, or that the economy is a lot less active than it once was.

I agree about this two points,

Moreover I think the players who's playing this game so you should have created a poll before deciding it yourself,

Why don't you just do what players want? not what staff members discussing, not offensive for any staff members, Just said that because you might discussing about adding new things.
Since you want players to play give me what they want.

Mary

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2014, 07:30:24 pm »

Moreover I think the players who's playing this game so you should have created a poll before deciding it yourself,

Why don't you just do what players want? not what staff members discussing, not offensive for any staff members, Just said that because you might discussing about adding new things.
Tbh the player polls made Runescape what it is right now, because they swapped to player polls too... They vote against everything new.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2014, 07:31:57 pm »

Tbh the player polls made Runescape what it is right now, because they swapped to player polls too... They vote against everything new.

Players polls is what killed the new updates IMO. People are too scared of change and variety nowadays.

Mary

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2014, 07:33:29 pm »

Players polls is what killed the new updates IMO. People are too scared of change and variety nowadays.
Exactly what I mean, and they will kill Emps too, I'm very sure of that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9