The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Player Survey
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 07:43:10 pm »
Haven't read those long ass replies, so i don't know if i repeat someones ideas already.. But i think that players came to emps-SCAPE for old graphics.. Every update you bring to us makes emps-world more and more similiar to other private servers. It is not unique anymore.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Idk

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 08:00:44 pm »
i know that some players want old school graphics… it was one of the main reasons why they played emps

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 08:09:14 pm »
Thanks for the feedback so far! :)

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 08:19:05 pm »
I'm pretty sure a ton of our playerbase is focused solely on the double xp and double membership, and that's why they only get on during those days. You spoiled them too much, thomy.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Mary

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 08:22:51 pm »
I'm pretty sure a ton of our playerbase is focused solely on the double xp and double membership, and that's why they only get on during those days. You spoiled them too much, thomy.
Many players also disagree with the double xp.. So it's kinda contradictionary. People quit because there is double xp, people quit because there isn't double xp..

Offline Mariuxas

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
  • Emps Lover ^.^
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 08:27:55 pm »
Personally i quit due the new graphics , 50% of Emps-Scape Players has quit because the new graphics , I'm a java programmer and I know very well what makes ppl bored and what makes the server full of pleasure , and the main reason that makes me and other players quit is the fuckin bad , ugly , graphics.

Emps Scape Player Since September ,22, 2014.

Java Programmer!
                                c# beginner!

Have I Been A Good Boy ?

Offline Anonymous9

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
  • Meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 08:28:24 pm »
I also hated the combat system... But still now when I love pking with magic a lot and magic sucks atm so play much less than I should. Also double exp and member have had it's impact for all of us. I think that may be a reason why so many people have left emps-world.

Also new client lags like hell, maybe it's just my toaster that can't run this client properly but that might also be one of the reasons. It's buggy and causes to dc and lose items in that way. I almost died at miths because of a lag but I think that was my own fault. Yea to sum it up, I think client lag and dc-s and stuff are still problematic.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:32:09 pm by Anonymous9 »

Offline Fireblast12

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 08:35:12 pm »
The old emps community grew up , got a job and started doing adult things.(mike scrob married)
I think that's the main reason, this server needs advertisement since the old playerbase has quit and there isn't a new income of players.

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 08:47:33 pm »
I've never been bothered by any Emps update - IMO, everything you did was right.

-The OpenGL client is great and I really like it, some of the people did quit when the client was changed but ofcourse its not the main reason of them quitting, because no person who likes the game would leave cause of a client change.
-The double xp and free membership isn't really that necessary for me, I dont know if it was that important and fun for some people..
-I barely lagg with the new client, its much better than the old one - when you disconnect in combat, you logg off immediately which saved me from losing my bank.

I think that a lot of the players quit because of losing their bank in staking, and its not because of any of the updates.

Just because you havent bothered doesnt mean anyone hasnt been bothered, because obviously player count is falling day by day.
I have been in duel arena pretty much every day since the game came back, and i can tell for sure.
There is not 60 different people here everyday that come stake and quit.
Its more or less the same names you see everday. One day they stake 50k another they 500m.

And yeah the client is way better, but people with potatoe computers and potatoe graphic card will it just be worse for.
Reason;unkown.

I wasn't talking about everyone, I was talking about myself - because its a single player survey..
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 08:52:05 pm »
I've never been bothered by any Emps update - IMO, everything you did was right.

-The OpenGL client is great and I really like it, some of the people did quit when the client was changed but ofcourse its not the main reason of them quitting, because no person who likes the game would leave cause of a client change.
-The double xp and free membership isn't really that necessary for me, I dont know if it was that important and fun for some people..
-I barely lagg with the new client, its much better than the old one - when you disconnect in combat, you logg off immediately which saved me from losing my bank.

I think that a lot of the players quit because of losing their bank in staking, and its not because of any of the updates.

Just because you havent bothered doesnt mean anyone hasnt been bothered, because obviously player count is falling day by day.
I have been in duel arena pretty much every day since the game came back, and i can tell for sure.
There is not 60 different people here everyday that come stake and quit.
Its more or less the same names you see everday. One day they stake 50k another they 500m.

And yeah the client is way better, but people with potatoe computers and potatoe graphic card will it just be worse for.
Reason;unkown.

I wasn't talking about everyone, I was talking about myself - because its a single player survey..

It indeed was, just gave you the answer on your last sentence there :)
Then i just filled in some more random bullshit to make it look good

Offline Belgian Pk3r

• +0/-0
  • Old-School Emps Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 09:10:44 pm »
The old emps community grew up , got a job and started doing adult things.(mike scrob married)
I think that's the main reason, this server needs advertisement since the old playerbase has quit and there isn't a new income of players.

I don't think thats entirely true...
I played back in 2009 (?). I'm 22 years old now, got a girlfriend, got my own house and a full-time dayjob.
And I still like to play Emps.

But I do agree on the advertisement part...
Emps-world should really do some more effort on advertising.

Also the double-XP thing is like a drug...
People get addicted to it and hate it when it's turned off because they get used to it.
Make it a special event, like once a month but make sure to advertise the double-xp weekend date on the homepage.

This way you'll attract people and get huge number online in that specific weekend.
Also the economy will evolve, because everyone will be buying resources and will get ready for the double-XP weekend.
127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

Offline Kana Pure

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 09:37:58 pm »
i really like douple xp but you should only keep it on every other weekend. don't just put it on just randomly on middle of the week.

Offline Fireblast12

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2014, 09:39:09 pm »

I don't think thats entirely true...
I played back in 2009 (?). I'm 22 years old now, got a girlfriend, got my own house and a full-time dayjob.
And I still like to play Emps.

But I do agree on the advertisement part...
Emps-world should really do some more effort on advertising.

Also the double-XP thing is like a drug...
People get addicted to it and hate it when it's turned off because they get used to it.
Make it a special event, like once a month but make sure to advertise the double-xp weekend date on the homepage.

This way you'll attract people and get huge number online in that specific weekend.
Also the economy will evolve, because everyone will be buying resources and will get ready for the double-XP weekend.
most of the people quit gaming when they grow up, especially rspses, not saying that adults are not allowezd to play em, just saying that the player count decreases

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Offline Carter

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2014, 09:47:20 pm »
Hi,

I'm posting this thread to ask everybody a question. Please be honest and appropriate. Also try to be objective and not to be emotional about losing items in the past.

Lately, we were wondering what caused the decline in Emps-World. We've lost on average 60 players a day. The statistics currently show an average online player count of 160 players. Two weeks ago this value was at 220! (Averaged over 24 hours)

The reason for this thread is simple, I want to find out why so many people have left Emps-World over the past 2 weeks. We've made up some theories:
  • The new openGL client was too complicated to download in the first week. Thus some people couldn't get it to load and quit the game for good.
  • Double XP and free member was disabled.
  • The new client is lagging for some people? I cannot confirm this, it's just a theory!
  • Being stuck ingame + the update of an afk kicker might also have had an impact.

I hope to receive some honest feedback. If you're enjoying the changes that we've maded lately, also let us know this. Feedback is always important, no matter if it's negative or positive. It gives us the option to make a change.

All the best,
Thomy

I asked from a mod why every1 is quiting and why emps dying he said, "lol we are only growing" why he lied into my face? and i quited aswell right now, not that game what i used to play

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 09:57:20 pm »
Many players also disagree with the double xp.. So it's kinda contradictionary. People quit because there is double xp, people quit because there isn't double xp..
if it wasn't there in the first place, the situation would not have risen, would it?

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9