The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Offline Knight Night

• Liked: 18 times
  • +0/-0
  • What are you looking at?
    • View Profile
Re: Player Survey
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 10:29:54 pm »
Alright here's the thing:

To be honest things changed a lot, it might be fun for few and it might be sad for others, People came here just for one reason to have fun, They don't found it anymore so they probably quit,
Making cash isn't that easy, It might be but you have to spend a lot of hours to make cash, There isn't that many players who is looking for what others making from skills, For example the common way to make cash without risking is skilling, Which most of the players do, but when it's hard to sell what they already spent hours in collecting takes more time to sell, This might be sad, and probably they will sell it for cheap price just to get some cash, Which means It's a bad way to make cash from skilling, Because as i already said above, It's not that easy to sell (mantas - herbs - woods etc) and when they do, They sell it for cheap price

Moreover since as said skilling is boring/none profitable, The next thing that who ever playing will think about making cash from mini games which it's already dead, Less people who joins the mini games, another way to make money will not work out.

So players goes to staking, which it's the fastest way to make cash, and they having fun from it, So it's simple that you choose to walk the easy way, instead of walking the hard one.
After they lose they will probably quit, OR in other words there's no more fun in this game.

Just a note: If you go to falador for 5 mins, just take a look for how many players is buying items and how many players selling items You will see 50/2 players who's selling items and less people who's buying items, Everyone looking for cash and There isn't that much cash in game, because when Emps world started the only source of getting cash was selling random items to the shops.

The main point of all this, Just to tell one thing, This game has no fun anymore.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:58:27 pm by Knight Night »

Offline Zack

• Liked: 15 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 10:31:47 pm »
Everybody really is blind to what is really happening in the game.

There is too much high level content and low level content is lacking a long with one major important part that fits everything all together: mid-level content.

If there was stuff for everyone to do to make money, f2p and p2p players would be more comfortable with interacting with eachother and actually have fun with the game. There's too much of a sense of losing things, there's no real fun anymore because the game is becoming gradually more serious in experience, and in content. Yes it's more professional but most people play rsps for fun and the thrill of the over used term nostalgia. There has to be fun, doing the same events for items also gets boring, especially for items or money you're like what do i do now? What's exciting to do? How can i make a lot of cash with this new wealth? Oh how about staking or pking, the risk is what people look for now because it's exciting. But because of that people lose and everything they earned is gone and then they quit, if there were methods and mid-level to make money or do things that pay decent and require less work, we would have that balanced game.

It's honestly sad seeing level 121's with dragon chains and adamant boots.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2014, 10:38:17 pm »
Make Slayer available for F2P players as well and this game will never die, no kidding. There is really nothing to do if you are a free player. The minigames are dead, available bosses are meh and only basic skills can be trained. The only things left to do are staking and PKing, and people tend to quit after losing their banks.

Also, what Zack said above me.

Offline G4laxy

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2014, 10:43:16 pm »
Hey Thomy, glad to see you're reaching out.

I believe a lot of players are quitting due to realizing that it will take them too long to rebuild their banks from the old Emps-Scape.

I personally am unactive at times due to not being into these styles of games anymore, but I believe the game is going well.

Offline Eaeetk

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 10:46:19 pm »
i think some people quit because when game was realeased they got items like 3rd and bandos items and then came reverant update which totally screwed them over and then buff, f torso and make bandos go from 110m -> 50m so yes this is my positive answer why some, of players get mad at thomy while thomy trying to cheer them up ! stay awesome u all
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:48:28 pm by Eaeetk »

Mary

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2014, 10:51:03 pm »
The bank wipe causes this, also you cannot earn cash with skilling as many players try because nobody has a bank that can afford skilling anymore (this was pretty balanced in emps scape)

Thus everyone is stuck with resources they can't sell, and no cash to buy actual items (and nobody will buy the resources off them as nobody has cash, its a really degrading process that can only be reverted very slowly)

Offline Zack

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2014, 11:07:20 pm »
The bank wipe causes this, also you cannot earn cash with skilling as many players try because nobody has a bank that can afford skilling anymore (this was pretty balanced in emps scape)

Thus everyone is stuck with resources they can't sell, and no cash to buy actual items (and nobody will buy the resources off them as nobody has cash, its a really degrading process that can only be reverted very slowly)

Since we have clan chats, i think lootshare and coinshare options would really help introduce more cash, but there's no g.e so somebody would be responsible for prices being constantly updated. That would solve the cash issue.

@Mary I'm referring to emps before the shut down, this issue has been around for years.

Offline Gold2m

• Liked: 11 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2014, 11:20:29 pm »
I really do agree with Otto and Zack on this one. The game is lacking of mid-level content.

Offline Def L00t

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 12:10:36 am »
Hey Who ever is reading this!

I think its like what most players say. the 3rd age price dropped way to mutch for some people.
the graphics fucked over alot of player with potato computers like my self, i fixed it tho.

I do belive that u should focus on advertising abit more Thomy, its needed to get new players Visiting emps every day.

And the D claws, i hear many in pk hate them because they are so strong and they can almost 1 hit every one.
and i belive many has quit because they lost their banks being rushed by d clawers or loosing d claws. wich has affected pk a great deal! and i hope u take this in concideration.

I personally dont mind it but it might need a little nerf. (hint hint)

+ the Graffic changes, i dont think most players want it to change to much from the old emps graffic! i personally preffer the old emps client alot better.

And i do belive it way to hard for the beginners to make bank when they only get 1k starter bonus, they can atleast get 10k!

By the way U have done a great job tho thomy dont take this the wrong way, dont wanna sound to negative here. So keep trying Thomy i belive that you can fix what ever is wrong! :P (Keep up the good work, and thanks for reaching out to us Players) 

-CallmeSenpai- out
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:13:22 am by Def L00t »

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2014, 12:12:51 am »
I feel as if it was due to the new client being quite complicated to download. People wouldn't have quit due to the decrease in member weekends and double XP. After all, you cannot be dependent upon these every week, it'll just spoil the game.

Offline Zack

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2014, 01:58:42 am »
I feel as if it was due to the new client being quite complicated to download. People wouldn't have quit due to the decrease in member weekends and double XP. After all, you cannot be dependent upon these every week, it'll just spoil the game.

I would take away double xp weekends and start doing like an item that grants double exp for a certain amount, new item, new content and something people can work towards to get instead of it being free, rs does it and it worked out great.

Btw, the client issues can be fixed but the game needs balance in a lot of fields.

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2014, 02:38:22 am »
There's a few reasons,

- One the combat system was terrible when this first came out. People made up there minds to fast about things and basically assumed No Pking = Quit.

- The fact that everyone started off with the same exact stats meant that for the majority of players the primary goal of the game was just to make bank, which didn't take so long especially after the extremely high drop rates when this first started which meant that the majority of players just got bored ( myself included ) there was a lack of events and simply there was nothing to aim for in the game. Old Schools used to be the motivation for players back in the day but there was no old Schools, No events and the most expensive item was like 150m which was the Rod of Ivandis or AGS which wasn't even that hard to get.

- The double XP weekends was a big motivation for people. The whole reason people in general play RSPS from my opinion is either of the two reasons, one they don't want to pay for membership in Runescape, or to It's to slow to train in Runescape so they come here to do things quickly and enjoy themselves. That's the cold truth, and I know this because I've had countless amount of people tell me this. Although personally I am against the whole free member and double xp weekends, I think that that is a huge driving factor.

- I don't think it's to do with the client because if a person is able to download it once, they can download it again. But the graphics is a big factor I'm not going to lie. I have tried numerous times to get mates to play this game, and they simply won't due to the graphics.

- What I've noticed as well is there not enough, idk how to put it but there's a really lack of team events. If you remember back in the day castle wars used to be really fun because it required a team to work together to kill the bosses. Now you just capture a flag which almost feels like one man for himself. The OLD JAD where you had to get a team together and do 10 waves of JAD was a lot more fun than sitting for 3 hours camping in one spot with a bow, by yourself trying to get a fire cape.

To me personally, it almost feels like Emps is beginning to turn into a mock up of the phase Runescape was going through back in the day and maybe even still now, and in that sense I mean its to heavily focused on these big "Glorious" updates, rather than pleasing players. I fully understand how difficult it is to convince the players of emps-world about an idea as I've seen the way polls have turned out about updates in the forums, but at the same time it all comes down to the simple reason, that people want everything to work simply, efficiently and lastly enjoy themselves, and lately this just doesn't seem like it's the case.

You wanted Our opinion, this is mine. I don't mean to sound negative in any of the statements I've said, I'm just trying to highlight what I think is important.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:45:00 am by Ahrim Ghost »
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

Offline Mohamedall

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 03:44:50 am »
The people that are leaving are noobs that dont know how to play u cannot depend on double xp or anything free u have to work hard and thats how its always been get merching get skilling get staking get pking theres so many ways to make money in the begining. then u have fun with your money and friends . But i accept that there isint enough minigames there all dead and that somestuff are not priced correctly but thats part of the game live with it . It will probably get sorted out one big thing that should be change is 3rd age it should be avatars dropping the price went down 2 low and bandos armor 2 and many other important items. emps world is like that its challenging and it will always be like that plz go a head and quite if your not happy with that all high levels deal with it evryone had to restart there banks

Offline Pker Bro X4

• +0/-0
  • Like-ah-sum-boo-dee!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2014, 04:30:09 am »
Here's some:
1. Lack of new players.
2. Lack of staff(even though theres plenty) who even help new AND old players.
3. Emps is starting to turn out like another runescape and its other private servers.
4. Bank wipe(I am 95% sure this is the reason old players do not come back).
5. The community is full of jerks.
6. Lack of advertising old players to come back and for new players to come play.
7. Wilderness and pking is dead(This is another big reason), same people pking everyday.
8. People care more about grinding up to lvl 99 than actually leveling because it is fun.
9. (similar to the above statement) People only wait for double xp to grind.
10. (similar to the bank wipes) Old players logging back in to find nothing in the banks.
11. People do not like the updates that make it more and more like runescape.(Make emps unique).
12. Kolodin should come back(Just my opinion, ignore this).
13. People log on to stake and get cleaned and dont play again.
14. The new client issue (should have been complete with no bugs when added to replace old client)
15. Really rich players pressure not so rich players to stake (trust me I've seen this).
16. Old players are jerks to new players.
17. Staff members(not all of them) seem to be randomly selected.
18. Thomy and Arc need to be more online to mingle with the community.(suggestion)
19. Too many disconnections, laggs, bugged players who die and cannot get their items back.
20. Member rings should be 45 days again not 30.( my opinion again plz ignore).
21. Thomy needs to have more pulls on the updates he puts in.
22. The reason for so many people to only stake? Because their banks have been wiped and they do not want to go through all the effort and time to getting it again, so they just stake in hopes of getting their old banks back.
23. People are playing League of Legends, Dota, other games.
24. Many players' computer handle low graphics better. Not everyone has current updated systems.
25. Skilling and making no profit spending countless hours skilling, and then trying to sell it and have a hard time selling it and then sell for very cheap, only to make enough money to fix the ahrims hood that you died with when you dced at wyrm or something, and then after fixing it, trying to sell it to the eco, only to find no one wants it, and so you sell it for very cheap just to make some cash, only to use that cash to do nothing and so you must use it on skilling, only to repeat the cycle because you have no idea what to do.
26. Updating new things in game only to make it more advanced, but doesnt suit the wants or needs of the players.

Myths of why emps is dying( my opinions on people's opinions ).
1. Emps is not dying because of the easy drops and the eco being messed up with dfs being 1m each and 3rd age being 50m cheap. So people quit because they are too easy to get? People know they will get reduced drop rates, hence the updates.
2. Emps is not dying because of there is too little things for f2p players to do. I'm a member and I'm still bored.

Offline Pker Bro X4

• +0/-0
  • Like-ah-sum-boo-dee!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2014, 04:35:07 am »
27. Old players cannot get their old accounts back too, i forgot that one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9