The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Rlc

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't hate, appreciate!
    • View Profile
Re: New bosses Old npcs
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 05:41:24 pm »
I am glad that you are really putting in effort to do new things but I hardly doubt that will happen. There would be just too much coding for this not really entertaining idea. I am sorry but I don't think it's a good idea.
Proud Emps-Scape/World player since 2007

Mary

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 05:46:12 pm »
"I'm a maxed a player -> I am not playing the game -> Say I come back, complete this in 1 day (or even...4 days let's say) -> I'm gone again." -Rock Gyo.
With that motivation. No your not.. If you are a maxed player, what was left to do? There are far more other ways to skill magic and this server already gives you twice as much exp than osrs per hit, regardless... Now the one shot kill, lets say it is limited to that arena only and will be destroyed after ten uses on  those specific dragons.
Teleporting to bosses... Indeed part of the price for items but it is rare that maxed players would even bother with the teleporting. So what could be provided as a reward? Aside loot because no one likes loot(coins).... You're maxed! Hurray... Retire.

"You come with stuff like that and expect "normal feedback" from the community.. when I read this idiotic idea I wanted to reply" - Rock Gyo
Normal feedback is what you posted on top of this... Really? You would support anyone else who is mod just because of their "rank". Don't abuse the fact that you had a rank.. Even though it makes sense having to leave for a while and  there was a need for a supplement this trash information begs the question how stupid are you in comparison to my stupid idea?

I'd support a mod because he's a mod? God.. your thinking is so wrong dude. You need to: 1. get your facts straight.. and 2. quit suggesting, if that's all you can come up with "for this community".

You suggest something only for the small group of us who are maxed, whereas the focus must be on levels up to ~81 and their content. Seriously. Stop suggesting. Oh and, stop with all this "kissing some mod's rank" bullshit, you're totally off the subject mate.

Keep it to the subject and give him constructive feedback rather than jump on the personal train? No wonder people hate you :)

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2015, 05:47:34 pm »
"I'm a maxed a player -> I am not playing the game -> Say I come back, complete this in 1 day (or even...4 days let's say) -> I'm gone again." -Rock Gyo.
With that motivation. No your not.. If you are a maxed player, what was left to do? There are far more other ways to skill magic and this server already gives you twice as much exp than osrs per hit, regardless... Now the one shot kill, lets say it is limited to that arena only and will be destroyed after ten uses on  those specific dragons.
Teleporting to bosses... Indeed part of the price for items but it is rare that maxed players would even bother with the teleporting. So what could be provided as a reward? Aside loot because no one likes loot(coins).... You're maxed! Hurray... Retire.

"You come with stuff like that and expect "normal feedback" from the community.. when I read this idiotic idea I wanted to reply" - Rock Gyo
Normal feedback is what you posted on top of this... Really? You would support anyone else who is mod just because of their "rank". Don't abuse the fact that you had a rank.. Even though it makes sense having to leave for a while and  there was a need for a supplement this trash information begs the question how stupid are you in comparison to my stupid idea?

I'd support a mod because he's a mod? God.. your thinking is so wrong dude. You need to: 1. get your facts straight.. and 2. quit suggesting, if that's all you can come up with "for this community".

You suggest something only for the small group of us who are maxed, whereas the focus must be on levels up to ~81 and their content. Seriously. Stop suggesting. Oh and, stop with all this "kissing some mod's rank" bullshit, you're totally off the subject mate.

Keep it to the subject and give him constructive feedback rather than jump on the personal train? No wonder people hate you :)

Naa George's right

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 05:55:01 pm »

I told him everything he needed to hear in the first reply; if he decided to jump to conclusions like "mod asskisser" I may as well tell him the truth. Besides.. I'm not a mod kisser ever since I first time got moderator..duh. :kappa:

Offline Rlc

• +0/-0
  • Don't hate, appreciate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 05:59:18 pm »

Naa George's right
Jeah George is right. He's not a mod ass kisser, he only kisses my ass. People hate him because he always gets personal but he looks like a centaur.
Proud Emps-Scape/World player since 2007

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 07:01:39 pm »
Generally, the idea seems rather interesting, although I don't see why we need to fight the Masters themselves.
C'mon, Chaeldar is like, the most innocent and frail looking thing ever. Why would I want to beat her up to prove myself a Slayer Master?

Defeating Jossik - Third Slayer Master Lvl 158
Also he would be using the Dorgeshuun crossbow, which he may reward after! May “help” as “An Effective bow to kill dragons with”. That being the description, it would hint that there shall be dragons! Thereafter it would have the ability one shot kill any pesky dragon (level > Lava Dragons!  . . . maybe?) by using its special “Snipe”. (Limited to 3 shots/requires 3000 charges granted by Jossik for 100k) This would bring use the Waterbirth Island! (One of the many unused isles north of rellekka).
I just have one thing to say to this: Why?
Why would we need to One-Shot any dragon with a Crossbow under any circumstance? All of the Dragons are easy enough to kill already, with Mithril Dragons really being the only ones that actually pose any sort of challenge. This seems completely overpowered and really just useless. ???

Defeating Vannaka – The 2nd strongest slayer Lvl 210
This has been part of a previous idea of including wielding a two hand sword as awesome as he does with a dragon shield. Therefore I have no other plausible arrangement for granting the ability to wield a two hand sword with a shield (only up to barrow weapons in exclusion of torag’s hammers).
So basically I could, by what you're saying, equip myself with an Anger Mace (Which behaves like all 2-Handed Swords and is within your weapon cap), And stack the power of this with something like the 3rd Age Kiteshield?
2-Handed Weapons are moreso designed to replace the 1-Handed Weapons' speed and potential defense with a Shield for stronger, more powerful attacks. Saying that I can basically negate this logic and run into, say, Graardor and the Bandos Camp with my trusty Mace and Full 3rd Age, rocking out my awesome 410+ Ranged Defense, and using the Mace's ability to scale damage on bigger enemies makes PVM a joke. No thanks.

Defeating Duradel! – Good luck. CB Lvl: 368. Will use all skills (similar to killing Thomy, copy/paste code! Wooo!) Anyway having Duradel be the strongest out of all the masters will likewise grant access to a safe teleport to Any Boss in the game.
You do know how fast it is to get to most of the bosses in Emps, right? I can teleport and enter the Corp. Fight in about 10 seconds, run to KBD in about 30 seconds, scale the Slayer Tower and enter Chron.'s Chamber in about 1 minute, teleport and enter GWD in about 30 seconds (Or use Trollhiem and get there in about 1 minute), and teleport to the Smoke Dungeon and be in front of the Champion's Chamber in about 1 minute. We don't need to make accessing these and other bosses any faster than it already is because it barely takes any time to get to them in the first place.

I'm not sure how to respond to your last suggestion, as I wasn't too familiar with the Elemental Bow in the first place.

I think the concept is nice, but the Rewards are too much. PVM is all I do in Emps, and I like it because there is a sense of challenge in some of the enemies I have to face. I'd rather keep it this way instead of granting myself Handicap after Handicap, taking the difficulty out of these fights and turning them all into cakewalks.

I give some support towards the basic idea, but your proposed "Rewards" need to be rethinked.

Offline Rayray

• Liked: 20 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 08:02:23 pm »

Naa George's right
Jeah George is right. He's not a mod ass kisser, he only kisses my ass. People hate him because he always gets personal but he looks like a centaur.
LOL I got a warning. Too legit. Gg Esam.gg.

To Gyo...
1. You're calling yourself that..
2. A suggestion is an idea submitted by someone from the community
3. Why are you making this personal? I thought this board was meant for ideas and for people to present their opinions of why it should or should not be added not attempting to degrade anyone..

So!!
please if anyone has a better idea for what could... NOT... get more people, but to expand the life of the game for current players. Please do so because the server is empty in my timezone and people mostly play it with the freedom of doing everything solo. Another thing is the fact that everyone seems to want the same things, more bosses, more weapons, rares, money... Other methods to gaining exp (brawlers) as they get to be maxed. Once you're maxed there's a few things to do that likewise you've probably already did a bunch of times before... And then quit, so for the long term players such as GYO what was there left to do? Just test the new stuff I guess..

ALRIGHTY THEN PLEASE ADD WHAT YOU THINK SHOULD BE THE REWARDS:
That are not OP as mine that .. And serve an awesome purpose and are useful/ plausibly necessary... For obtaining certain rares (e.g. the spirit shield, dfs, gs's some multi part item/make it be part of that item) Or can bring a different use to an old item! (No recoloring since that takes too much effort)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 08:07:10 pm by Rayray »

Mary

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 08:06:47 pm »
I think an improved slayer helm that would increase your damage a bit against Slayer monsters (not just those on your task, thanks charr for the idea) as a reward for defeating all bosses, and a considerable amount of slayer XP for each defeated boss, would be good rewards.
Or maybe (or additionally) an option to choose your desired slayer task (or choose your desired task out of 3 randomized tasks) from the slayer master(s) you defeated, and you have to defeat them all in order (from easy to hard). This way you won't have to go back to chaeldar that often to reset your slayer task if you got a stupid/hard one that you don't want to do.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 08:28:59 pm »
Once you're maxed there's a few things to do that likewise you've probably already did a bunch of times before... And then quit, so for the long term players such as GYO what was there left to do? Just test the new stuff I guess..

Dude, stop focusing on the maxed players. Maxed means been playing for quite a while, and that means you've achieved kind of everything there, more or less. We focus our sight on lower targets, lower levels, and how we can improve THEIR experience, because they are playing the game daily, not us. Use your imagination and THINK of useful stuff for people up to ~100 combat let's say, AT MOST.

You're expecting feedback, I'm giving you it; told you straight up your idea is weak, you start calling me a kisser, out of the blue, and then complain about me again. You have to understand people will not always like your ideas.. and even when they are liked, they may not come real..

[SIDE STORY]I suggested couple months ago a quest.. an idea for getting Korasi's Sword, as well as getting a new quest. The community accepted the poll, I came up with a very detailed way of introducing this, but it was never released.

Why?

- Quests are good for couple hours tops, enjoyable only until you get the reward;
- Quests require a very long time of coding (unless you do some dialogue quest like a postman "Go there speak with him, come back tell me what he says");
- Rewards are always an issue and you've gotta be careful with them.

I came up with dialogues between NPCs, NPC IDs, everything needed to start working on it. Now, from that on, I didn't flame Thomy or something, for not getting released.. I just let it die and started thinking what else would work..

Now stop hating me and start thinking of productive things for those who play, not for ~30 out of 60 maxed who barely play..
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 08:31:16 pm by Rock Gyo »

The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 08:48:29 pm »
Why are you making this personal?

YOU called him an asskisser. You dumb dumb or wat wat?

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 10:38:20 pm »
I think is will end in just an endless discussion. So if we just all stop talking on this topic that will be the best option I think  ;)

Offline Reemster

• +0/-0
  • I am the Great Cornholio
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 10:56:03 pm »
Dude, stop focusing on the maxed players. Maxed means been playing for quite a while, and that means you've achieved kind of everything there, more or less. We focus our sight on lower targets

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit
The less u need, the longer shit takes

Offline Rayray

• Liked: 20 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2015, 01:26:13 am »
Once you're maxed there's a few things to do that likewise you've probably already did a bunch of times before... And then quit, so for the long term players such as GYO what was there left to do? Just test the new stuff I guess..

Dude, stop focusing on the maxed players. Maxed means been playing for quite a while, and that means you've achieved kind of everything there, more or less. We focus our sight on lower targets, lower levels, and how we can improve THEIR experience, because they are playing the game daily, not us. Use your imagination and THINK of useful stuff for people up to ~100 combat let's say, AT MOST.

You're expecting feedback, I'm giving you it; told you straight up your idea is weak, you start calling me a kisser, out of the blue, and then complain about me again. You have to understand people will not always like your ideas.. and even when they are liked, they may not come real..

[SIDE STORY]I suggested couple months ago a quest.. an idea for getting Korasi's Sword, as well as getting a new quest. The community accepted the poll, I came up with a very detailed way of introducing this, but it was never released.

Why?

- Quests are good for couple hours tops, enjoyable only until you get the reward;
- Quests require a very long time of coding (unless you do some dialogue quest like a postman "Go there speak with him, come back tell me what he says");
- Rewards are always an issue and you've gotta be careful with them.

I came up with dialogues between NPCs, NPC IDs, everything needed to start working on it. Now, from that on, I didn't flame Thomy or something, for not getting released.. I just let it die and started thinking what else would work..

Now stop hating me and start thinking of productive things for those who play, not for ~30 out of 60 maxed who barely play..

So you gave up? The sword was released and now I rarely see it.. The question is why? Is it that you think I hate you for anything? I never mentioned specifically that you were anything. You can assume many things and likewise you've responded in the appropriately condescending manner for thinking as such.
Now... The Feels train has left..
So then...
How should this change or what should be a better incentive to A. Gain More member players and B. Maintain more people in the server, out of the ones that are relevant... The people whom are apparently 70/80% of all players. Events, quests, and voting rewards, or any reward received after a long succession of essential nothing.. Having proven to be ineffective. I thought I made my last reply more sense in respect that it this should bring another motivator to the table for people to want to be members and essential remain playing for longer but I failed *a tear falls gently across my flawless cheek*
So.......
Why not add a small task or small side missions to the content that doesn't seem to satisfy? E.g. like your quest... It wasn't included because Thomy gave up on it.
I just thought that maybe it'd be a cool idea to able to defeat your slayer master  and in their respective arena's which would expand the use of the map  therefore making the server even more awesome since A. Entry level members are likely able to reach lvl 100 cb in less than a week since slayer is a major factor to being member. B. Because in all games in general I have ever played... Whether it's pokemon or gta there's always going to be that closure, that is brought up by completing the student surpassing the teacher cliché. And C. We need more original content like I have probably mentioned a billion times before.

~~~We all live a yellow feels train~~~ yellow feels train~~~
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:35:16 am by Rayray »

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 05:58:19 am »
I don't know what to think of this...
I'm thinking on one side of my brain, wow this might actually be good.
On the other side of my brain I'm thinking, why waste time with this.

Mary

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2015, 08:28:37 am »
Please stop reacting on each other and let me know what you think of my ideas:

I think an improved slayer helm that would increase your damage a bit against Slayer monsters (not just those on your task, thanks charr for the idea) as a reward for defeating all bosses, and a considerable amount of slayer XP for each defeated boss, would be good rewards.
Or maybe (or additionally) an option to choose your desired slayer task (or choose your desired task out of 3 randomized tasks) from the slayer master(s) you defeated, and you have to defeat them all in order (from easy to hard). This way you won't have to go back to chaeldar that often to reset your slayer task if you got a stupid/hard one that you don't want to do.

Pages: 1 2 3