The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Rayray

• Liked: 20 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
New bosses Old npcs
« on: June 06, 2015, 06:36:24 pm »
(Small intro...)
Likely another "useless" suggestion with a minor refocus on a previous suggestion in the end. Bring on the FLAME!
To truly master slayer would it not make sense to slay the masters themselves? With their own arenas!
Obviously they will respawn and serve you as usual, but with a few perks. AND maybe their own Arenas! Also all npc’s in this set of trials are aggressive and will drop loot!

(Now for the actual suggestion...)
Defeating Chaeldar - The Entry level Slayer Master... Lvl 42.
(The highest level npc that is offered as a task by him)
Will use that level magic (Air Blast and below) and will enable people to use the slayer staff as currently it is not required to have anything to use it and magic is easy enough right? (So is all the other skills… It all just takes time. Finding the time to do it is the hard part.)Each master would give a good amount of exp for each “master skill” they use (obviously this npc would be magic only). And a plentiful amount of basic runes 1k air, fire, earth, water. Furthermore will enable the use of a plausibly new set of healers in every bank (a first aid station maybe?) Also this guy teleports you away so melee would not be as effective. His arena would be the duel arena with obstacles.

Defeating Mazchna - Second Slayer Master Lvl 106
Uses melee and relatively weak ancients. Reward: Ability to use entry level ancients along with some magic and melee exp; this would mean people needing to kill this master to use ancients. Which should be easy for anyone with the likewise already, high level magic. And he will give his sword, a sword that provides a magic bonus and is strong as a dragon scimitar (or rune either way it’d better than having a wand when you run out of runes…) and it’s used a secondary weapon! He would reward you with a few more runes for entry level ancients. His arena would be the Lummy graveyard (closed). This would have a low level slayer cap of 45. (FOR THE PURES: I Know that this will be conflicting, but with the right combination of spells, prayer, and foodstuffs a level 106 is easy! Besides the max hit he could probably make is an 11.)

Defeating Jossik - Third Slayer Master Lvl 158
Idk what this guy is meant to portray (skill wise) but he has a sailor hat! So… maybe he can enable the teleport to bounty feature in the quest tab? Also he will give the first “grant” – a nice sum of moneys of about 1-5m. And if there is to be a Bank to Bank teleporting feature then this would be the npc to use.  Also this guy would use range and will teleport to and fro a higher elevation from which he may shoot from. (Causing you to use range.) Also he would be using the Dorgeshuun crossbow, which he may reward after! May “help” as “An Effective bow to kill dragons with”. That being the description, it would hint that there shall be dragons! Thereafter it would have the ability one shot kill any pesky dragon (level > Lava Dragons!  . . . maybe?) by using its special “Snipe”. (Limited to 3 shots/requires 3000 charges granted by Jossik for 100k) This would bring use the Waterbirth Island! (One of the many unused isles north of rellekka). He also is the first to use a defensive prayer: Melee.

Defeating Vannaka – The 2nd strongest slayer Lvl 210
This has been part of a previous idea of including wielding a two hand sword as awesome as he does with a dragon shield. Therefore I have no other plausible arrangement for granting the ability to wield a two hand sword with a shield (only up to barrow weapons in exclusion of torag’s hammers). That is aside a reward that would be about 15m (in coins obviously). This would likewise this would be another first of the masters to require a high slayer level cap. A master reserved for anyone with a slayer level higher than 87 due to the fact that he uses melee with Anti-Magic prayer on, and is Lvl 210.(Same as an Ice Wyrm). His arena would be in the Lava Dragon Isle with multi target on (a few Lava Dragons wouldn’t hurt). Sidenote… The dragons would drop a Lava scale shard for anti-fire potions to combine with spirit shields

Defeating Duradel! – Good luck. CB Lvl: 368. Will use all skills (similar to killing Thomy, copy/paste code! Wooo!) Anyway having Duradel be the strongest out of all the masters will likewise grant access to a safe teleport to Any Boss in the game. (Restricting access to lower CB’s increasing the price of some of the “new” armours? Could help… in that there would a more significant balance of the amount of current armour there is since there is already so much *cough*ZGS*cough*BGS*cough*cough* But oh well...) Another notable reward would be the ability to choose a pet of any kind (or just the Wild dog… link below) to be a portable bank and may assist only when the player is below 10% of his health and may only hit a max of half the player’s current maxhit (banking while in combat rules still apply/10 second wait). Furthermore who wouldn’t like to have something like this kind of pet included? It also can die/be lost. As it will have the same hitpoints as the player but half its combat ability. http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_dog (Unless you’re a cat person… but we already have cats, Please, philosoraptor pet! :3) Loot time! He will give a max pay out of x<100M! Among the many rewards would be the “float” option, on any kind of wing (an alternative to walking). Meanwhile the last and most praised to have reward would be the ability to cause Flame Damage anything and or a single hand wield with any of the selected chaos weapon imbued with a “Light Orb” and a “Fire” (Same “Fire that was used for the elemental bow) [Another sidenote – the elemental bow should have some outside requirements to obtain either of its abilities, keeps it from being too cheap, just like it would require to obtain “Fire” and a “Light Orb” on a separate time, maybe add the “Light Orb” to the Chaos Elemental and the “Fire” to the plausible Lava Dragons?] Therefore it would have to be only one weapon per person and the new special would replace the original special, and may not be reverted.  His arena lies in the Mage Arena which is likewise in deep wild, which would also spawn one random boss from the wild and it will be multi/inescapable.

TL;DR sigh… so… What ever happened to this awesome idea? https://empsworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=6043.msg46807#msg46807
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:49:32 pm by Rayray »

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
Re: New bosses Old npcs
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 06:38:01 pm »
pls no, good thinking, but no.
 :-\

Offline Rayray

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 06:45:56 pm »

why?

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 09:55:42 pm »
Unnecessary suggestion, I don't agree.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Rayray

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 11:37:05 pm »
Ok... Why?

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 12:11:11 am »
I don't know if you writed this down all by yourself, if so it's nice to see that you are putting alot of time in making suggestion. I have to see though that I got the same opinion as the other guys replying here. It is just something what won't work out. That is all I have for you as an explanation, sorry :'(.

Offline Rayray

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 01:13:14 am »
I don't know if you writed this down all by yourself, if so it's nice to see that you are putting alot of time in making suggestion. I have to see though that I got the same opinion as the other guys replying here. It is just something what won't work out. That is all I have for you as an explanation, sorry :'(.

Okay... How?
At this point it's amusing to me that this is the extent of this server's capability to reason. In respect to constructive criticism and or feedback, nowadays... It is pitiful really. I understand that maybe all this work, has other implications. Such as is the killing any of these going to affect current skiller based accounts, and if that would mean having to go through any of these tasks in any way prevent their progress. And the most probable effect would be the opposite! More specifically for magic.
But alas, it is even more of a pity that the attempt I presented to resolve the insatiable desire for more bosses, more weapons, more loot! To show off! Has yet again been denied by an uncreative and insipid response from what took at most four hours total of planning and editting.
Furthermore... What do we have as creative content? Since the wings? And Dragon Hasta, custom items that people are still interested in! We have several items that we currently that have only one purpose in mind. Why not expand their use? That is setting a goal for what could happen after the last current list of bugs is done with and likely after the including of the elemental bow.
Another thing I kept thinking about was, what do maxed players have left to do? Clean their banks by staking or if generous, a drop party? Kill the same bosses again and again... Do the same task another thousand times to hoard more of the same expensive items? Without any other further purpose other than to provide for no one and strain the economy; politics aside. This server has gotten so opinonated on what a few want that all else is ignored. When it is ultimately Thomy's decision to whether or not to include it. Therefore get off on whatever cycle this has gotten into and serve the community a purpose and actually have something to say that makes any sense!
Must I say more?
These are worthless oversimplistic thoughts!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:10:03 am by Esam121 »

Mary

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 08:39:06 am »
Your extended way of reasoning won't lead to much useful discussions on this forum I'm afraid.

In games like these there is a moment where you will have everything. Since the group of maxed players who did everything is fairly low (~50 players of which not all are still playing) it is of more interest to develop content for the biggest group of players, between 80 and 120 cb. If you keep on developing content for that maxed group that will lead to them completing it in like half a day or else everyone (not just the maxed players) will complain it is too hard.

It sounds ok to kill them, makes sense, but what's in it for us? Just killing them cause we can? What do we get, a master slayer cape? Extra xp? A special drop?

The rewards you suggest are incredibly unbalanced, free tp to bosses? no way, a big part of the prices are because of the time it takes to get there and bank. Cash prizes? Never do that, causes huge inflation much more than item drops. Dozens of runes? RC is already almost worthless due to most staves saving a lot of runes on spellcast.

Mazchnas weapon sounds nice, but we also got the void mace which basically has that function. Would be nice for brid pking I suppose.
The one shot a dragon idea sounds pretty stupid to me too, the whole rpg is centered about the time it takes to kill a certain monster rather than the effort it takes, and that determines the drop values. There's no fun it it too, one shot kill, done.
IDK what lava dragons are, they're probably not in this revision, and I cannot make them (i get rigging next year). Definitely agree with anti-fire potions though, although we should just have blue dragons drop blue scales and you grind them for the potion. Spectral shields getting the property? Why not
Duradel: Again no damn cash rewards! Pets don't hurt, np, and I think that would be a good enough reward for the boss itself. Pets with a high and difficult obtain rate are very prestigious. Idk much what you're suggesting with the orbs n fires, but that would not be part of these master series for sure, doesn't make much sense. Particles like the flame damage you're talking about, is not implemented in Emps and is a lot of work to do so.

ps: the wieldable tools are something thomy really liked and will probably be implemented some time later after the client is finished.

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 09:04:13 am »
  • I'm a maxed a player -> I am not playing the game -> Say I come back, complete this in 1 day (or even...4 days let's say) -> I'm gone again.
  • There's a pure who was slaying -> Plays the game daily -> Cannot complete this due to his low level/skills -> Complains and gets nothing.

Please do tell me why would this be a good suggestion at all? You put "effort" into making something completely ridiculous with benefits that are just so... so badly thought.. and the overall idea seems just utterly useless to me. You just can't tell me you spent "hours developing this idea" because it is just plain BAD; teleport directly to bosses? one shot killing? Seriously?

You come with stuff like that and expect "normal feedback" from the community.. when I read this idiotic idea I wanted to reply:

But hey.. there you go moaning about not giving you feedback on it back. There you go, I gave you, what I think about this useless idea.

Sorry..

The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Reemster

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • I am the Great Cornholio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 10:47:49 am »
just a quick look at your suggestion and it reminds me of the dominion tower back on rs, http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dominion_Tower
Special overpowered bosses, perks, never ending fights

If that is the suggestion you're trying to make here, i'd definitely agree to this, mainly because i remember this reward http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dreadnip

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit
The less u need, the longer shit takes

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 11:42:54 am »
grant access to a safe teleport to Any Boss

No. Just no. PvM are each enough and hard enough to sell already, exactly the reason why I became so inactive in-game. This suggestion, if implemented, would probably make me and other PvMers as well become even more inactive.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:44:31 am by Someone12116 »

Offline Rayray

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 03:44:11 pm »
In response to feedback:
http://2007.runedragonwikia.com/wiki/Lava_dragon
"Fire" this is a mere change or pixels as Emps Scape had with the elemental bow, no particles I just wanted to make it harder to obtain since the elemental bow was relatively op then...
"Orb" this again is just another rework for the purpose of an item that this server has but is likely never to be used..http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Orb_of_light

"Your extended way of reasoning won't lead to much useful discussions on this forum I'm afraid."  -Mary
That's ironic..

"ps: the wieldable tools are something thomy really liked and will probably be implemented some time later after the client is finished."
-Mary
Cool, just checking. ( Editing on a tablet deal with it.)
"I'm a maxed a player -> I am not playing the game -> Say I come back, complete this in 1 day (or even...4 days let's say) -> I'm gone again." -Rock Gyo.
With that motivation. No your not.. If you are a maxed player, what was left to do? There are far more other ways to skill magic and this server already gives you twice as much exp than osrs per hit, regardless... Now the one shot kill, lets say it is limited to that arena only and will be destroyed after ten uses on  those specific dragons.
Teleporting to bosses... Indeed part of the price for items but it is rare that maxed players would even bother with the teleporting. So what could be provided as a reward? Aside loot because no one likes loot(coins).... You're maxed! Hurray... Retire.

"You come with stuff like that and expect "normal feedback" from the community.. when I read this idiotic idea I wanted to reply" - Rock Gyo
Normal feedback is what you posted on top of this... Really? You would support anyone else who is mod just because of their "rank". Don't abuse the fact that you had a rank.. Even though it makes sense having to leave for a while and  there was a need for a supplement this trash information begs the question how stupid are you in comparison to my stupid idea?

Have you guys ever played Demon souls? Dark souls? Bloodborne? Any of those rpgs? Final fantasy? Shit even resident evil!?
Of course they are predominantly more sold about in the US as jrpg's but any real gamer would understand that once every single rpg is done and completed you become OP. Nothing can go against you, nothing except someone with the same strength and power to counter your one shot kill and flame chaos weapon *throws a bucket of water* of course there's holes in all of this... This could amount to basic knowledge of apprenticeship.. Defeat the master and you're Ralph Macchio with your own dojo... Terrible movie awaits.
Anyway... Let's say they do not give items that may be used outside such as the coins or the runes or the teleporting... They will give items that will help you in the next task, obviously it would still remain hard. But it'd be like flares in that they provide some relief.

"No. Just no. PvM are each enough and hard enough to sell already, exactly the reason why I became so inactive in-game. This suggestion, if implemented, would probably make me and other PvMers as well become even more inactive" -Some numbers

Causation is not correlation.

"If that is the suggestion you're trying to make here, i'd definitely agree to this, mainly because i remember this reward.."-Reem
I didn't even know that this was a thing but essentially yes, but instead of having to copy/paste yet another monster (Wyrm) into the game (if programmed entirely by Thomy... Kudos, because it was perfect... But then there's moparscape... So idk looks good) Anyways..! Like I mentioned before... An equal badass to counter the last, is that not what everyone strives to be in this game? To show off as many items as they can possibly hoard? So what could we include that is uniquely similar.

"You just can't tell me you spent "hours developing this idea" because it is just plain BAD" -Rock Gyo
Oh great muse please forgive them for what treason they commit, for they do not know how BAD it is to please all the poor lone lost souls that bicker and shriek at any chance of redemption... Please Oh great kind one, grant him this knowledge, of what may be an acceptable idea that would  would so soundly be perfect.
This was an idea an idea seeking feedback.. And I got it thanks to the "benefits that are so badly thought"...
What then should the almost omnipotent players being maxed gained out of being maxed? A shredded hood and cape? That is also the strongest, f cape is nothing compared to it.

So how please tell me there's more than just fixing of bugs and the addition of small details  such as " Saving X in banks" which is needed, or more custom weapons (Elemental Bow). So how is my idea needed? If anyone here has a better idea on how to solve the disinterest in this game with the current state(of "low levels"), not attempting to gain more players on call back gifts... But give people something to look after other than the simple obtaining of items and hoarding them. That's another issue that no one here wants to admit to, because having 60 tassets is not enough. Idk if anyone has that many exactly but clearly the problem is present.

Presently too I have found myself playing other games than this, why? Because the items that were once rare to obtain are easy. Why not increase the difficulty? That's basic human mental structure. There has to be more! We want more! What else can we do to increase sales? Basic entrepreneurship.
Cmon. You brought the flames now what?

Also thanks for not being this basic:
"Unnecessary suggestion, I don't agree."
At least be somewhat of a useful person even if it is condescending.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:15:28 pm by Rayray »

Mary

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 05:29:10 pm »
Tl:dr please

Particles are pixels, you are right. But a game is build up out of either particles or models (triangles). Fire and stuff that we have right now are basically animated triangles rather than pixels (particles). Emps does not have any particles, only animated models of small piramids that are closest to look like a particle, but they cost ALOT of performance.

Like I said before: Appeal to the biggest group, and not the group of nolifers. There is only one game that could afford to appeal to both groups, because they were the same people: World of Warcraft. Only there you can add really grinding high level content that actually is beneficial for the game.

So what are you trying to suggest? You tell us you get OP once you did everything and nothing stands in your way, yet you suggest rewards that would make you extremely OP in PvM. Wouldn't it make sense to suggest content that keeps players occupied and happy for the longest time possible for the least amount of work needed to make such content? This is done by getting variety and rewards/punishments to the content you would like to add.

Your suggested content seems like a lot of work to add, not to mention it is only available to a handful of people, will make adventuring increasingly easier and will thus eventually shorten your time spent in Emps rather than prolong it! Beside that, yes it does seem fun, especially if the fights are somewhat challenging.

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 05:37:51 pm »
"I'm a maxed a player -> I am not playing the game -> Say I come back, complete this in 1 day (or even...4 days let's say) -> I'm gone again." -Rock Gyo.
With that motivation. No your not.. If you are a maxed player, what was left to do? There are far more other ways to skill magic and this server already gives you twice as much exp than osrs per hit, regardless... Now the one shot kill, lets say it is limited to that arena only and will be destroyed after ten uses on  those specific dragons.
Teleporting to bosses... Indeed part of the price for items but it is rare that maxed players would even bother with the teleporting. So what could be provided as a reward? Aside loot because no one likes loot(coins).... You're maxed! Hurray... Retire.

"You come with stuff like that and expect "normal feedback" from the community.. when I read this idiotic idea I wanted to reply" - Rock Gyo
Normal feedback is what you posted on top of this... Really? You would support anyone else who is mod just because of their "rank". Don't abuse the fact that you had a rank.. Even though it makes sense having to leave for a while and  there was a need for a supplement this trash information begs the question how stupid are you in comparison to my stupid idea?

I'd support a mod because he's a mod? God.. your thinking is so wrong dude. You need to: 1. get your facts straight.. and 2. quit suggesting, if that's all you can come up with "for this community".

You suggest something only for the small group of us who are maxed, whereas the focus must be on levels up to ~81 and their content. Seriously. Stop suggesting. Oh and, stop with all this "kissing some mod's rank" bullshit, you're totally off the subject mate.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 05:40:19 pm »
In response to feedback:
http://2007.runedragonwikia.com/wiki/Lava_dragon
"Fire" this is a mere change or pixels as Emps Scape had with the elemental bow, no particles I just wanted to make it harder to obtain since the elemental bow was relatively op then...
"Orb" this again is just another rework for the purpose of an item that this server has but is likely never to be used..http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Orb_of_light

"Your extended way of reasoning won't lead to much useful discussions on this forum I'm afraid."  -Mary
That's ironic..

"ps: the wieldable tools are something thomy really liked and will probably be implemented some time later after the client is finished."
-Mary
Cool, just checking. ( Editing on a tablet deal with it.)

Have you guys ever played Demon souls? Dark souls? Bloodborne? Any of those rpgs? Final fantasy? Shit even resident evil!?
Of course they are predominantly more sold about in the US as jrpg's but any real gamer would understand that once every single rpg is done and completed you become OP. Nothing can go against you, nothing except someone with the same strength and power to counter your one shot kill and flame chaos weapon *throws a bucket of water* of course there's holes in all of this... This could amount to basic knowledge of apprenticeship.. Defeat the master and you're Ralph Macchio with your own dojo... Terrible movie awaits.
Anyway... Let's say they do not give items that may be used outside such as the coins or the runes or the teleporting... They will give items that will help you in the next task, obviously it would still remain hard. But it'd be like flares in that they provide some relief.

"No. Just no. PvM are each enough and hard enough to sell already, exactly the reason why I became so inactive in-game. This suggestion, if implemented, would probably make me and other PvMers as well become even more inactive" -Some numbers

Causation is not correlation.

"If that is the suggestion you're trying to make here, i'd definitely agree to this, mainly because i remember this reward.."-Reem
I didn't even know that this was a thing but essentially yes, but instead of having to copy/paste yet another monster (Wyrm) into the game (if programmed entirely by Thomy... Kudos, because it was perfect... But then there's moparscape... So idk looks good) Anyways..! Like I mentioned before... An equal badass to counter the last, is that not what everyone strives to be in this game? To show off as many items as they can possibly hoard? So what could we include that is uniquely similar.

"You just can't tell me you spent "hours developing this idea" because it is just plain BAD" -Rock Gyo
Oh great muse please forgive them for what treason they commit, for they do not know how BAD it is to please all the poor lone lost souls that bicker and shriek at any chance of redemption... Please Oh great kind one, grant him this knowledge, of what may be an acceptable idea that would  would so soundly be perfect.
This was an idea an idea seeking feedback.. And I got it thanks to the "benefits that are so badly thought"...
What then should the almost omnipotent players being maxed gained out of being maxed? A shredded hood and cape? That is also the strongest, f cape is nothing compared to it.

So how please tell me there's more than just fixing of bugs and the addition of small details  such as " Saving X in banks" which is needed, or more custom weapons (Elemental Bow). So how is my idea needed? If anyone here has a better idea on how to solve the disinterest in this game with the current state(of "low levels"), not attempting to gain more players on call back gifts... But give people something to look after other than the simple obtaining of items and hoarding them. That's another issue that no one here wants to admit to, because having 60 tassets is not enough. Idk if anyone has that many exactly but clearly the problem is present.

Presently too I have found myself playing other games than this, why? Because the items that were once rare to obtain are easy. Why not increase the difficulty? That's basic human mental structure. There has to be more! We want more! What else can we do to increase sales? Basic entrepreneurship.
Cmon. You brought the flames now what?

Also thanks for not being this basic:
"Unnecessary suggestion, I don't agree."
At least be somewhat of a useful person even if it is condescending.

This post is so freaking unorganized that I don't even wanna start reading this (the forums have a proper quoting feature), but that won't stop me from giving you this one piece of advice: there will ALWAYS be people who disagree with you. Don't get so butthurt about it. You are just making yourself look like an idiot.
Pages: 1 2 3