The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Poll

Which solution do you think is best?

More member features
Shortening free membership
Loyalty rewards
Turning member tickets into donator points
Reduce the amount of days a ticket gives
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Let's discuss membership
« on: February 11, 2016, 01:54:17 pm »
Currently it's pretty evident that our donator items, especially member tickets, are in way more supply than the server can take. And because of that are becoming worth less and less. This isn't a problem of the highest priority, but I feel like opening up a thread to discuss it could maybe help the situation and result in a solution. That being said, here are some of the solutions I can think of, feel free to talk about them or add your own to the topic. I'll put a poll in the topic, to which I'll add good ideas from other people too.
  • More member features
    We currently do lack member features. One of the main ones, lunar spellbook, was removed from the features a while ago. While this was a right choice it left the list of member features looking pretty starved. People that don't wish to train the members only skills are left with very few reasons to buy them. I feel more features for members to enjoy would definitely get some people to be member more often. It could take a lot of time to develop certain big features, but small things could already make a difference. The potion decanter would've been a really nice member feature.
  • Free membership
    Currently new accounts get 10 days of free membership. While this shows them what's available with membership it also lets them enjoy most of the benefits for a pretty long time. You can go through quite a lot of the members content in 10 days. I myself don't think shortening or removing this would have too grave of an effect, but I still had to mention it.
  • Loyalty rewards
    Basically being rewarded for being member for a long time. Something like event points sounds like an ideal reward for this, or an all new shop and currency could be made.
  • Turning member tickets into donator points
    Quite like bonds in runescape, you could use a ticket to get a donator store currency, which would be less than the ticket itself of course. This would effectively sink a lot tickets, but leave us with a lot of other donator items in return. It's not a full solution but it would definitely sink member tickets.
/Discuss
;

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss membership
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 01:56:46 pm »
Half the amount of membership days a ring gives.
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 02:00:08 pm »
Oh boy at the amount of people that would be upset about this.

I'd say 10 days is a nicer amount than 15. It's a bit of a drastic solution that would probably get us a few riots, but it does sink tickets. I'll add it to the poll.

I myself don't think it's the right solution, it may even discourage people from getting membership at all since it's so much less membership for a ticket.
;

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:02:58 pm »
Oh boy at the amount of people that would be upset about this.

I'd say 10 days is a nicer amount than 15. It's a bit of a drastic solution that would probably get us a few riots, but it does sink tickets. I'll add it to the poll.

I myself don't think it's the right solution, it may even discourage people from getting membership at all since it's so much less membership for a ticket.
This in combination with more content etc is the best solution imo. Also I think 2 weeks is a good amount.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:07:34 pm »
Adding members-only resource dungeons with extra monsters or resources (Dungeoneering entrances in Runescape) that have medium - high level requirements would be a nice feature for members.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:12:36 pm by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Ledomy10, Danielshapz, Triangle Dot

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 03:00:09 pm »
Adding members-only resource dungeons with extra monsters or resources (Dungeoneering entrances in Runescape) that have medium - high level requirements would be a nice feature for members.
Doesn't sound like a bad idea for a lot of things. It would be nice to have a few hill giants, moss giants, blue dragons or other monsters that are generally nice for training. I'm not sure if I want things like frost dragons there, it could affect some prices. An issue with it is that these wouldn't be all that members only if people are getting 10 days of free member. If they required a high level to access them people may not use them or the accounts may have already outgrown the place, if it's too low they'd be overpopulated.

It'd be nice but it'd have to be balanced.
;

Mary

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 03:03:56 pm »
I had this for like a year on my todo list :C

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 03:06:23 pm »
Make more items members only

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 03:09:17 pm »
Make more items members only
Currently no items are members only to use, I'd say that's a good thing. It prevents anything from being pay 2 win. More things you need member for to obtain wouldn't be bad, but we do have plenty of those things already.
;

Offline Zaros

• Liked: 22 times
  • +0/-0
  • The Empty Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 04:06:52 pm »
I'd go with both more features and loyalty program.

I'd say more areas to discover would be nice, perhaps a member-only city with NPCs in most buildings instead of traveling cities to find them all? and a Grand Exchange in it as well...
Member-only dungeons so we get access to some monsters in less-crowded areas.

Perhaps some Member-Only boss(es)? It could be a sweet thing to have.
Like adding Nex for example, with Torva armors and such. Anyone with the right stats could wear the new armors, but only members could try their luck beating Nex to get it. It could maybe help the economy as well.

An other idea would be to set the upcoming skills to be Member-Only, for a while at least, it'd be more worth it to be member.

I disagree with the idea to lower the days of the member tickets. Member tickets for 10-15 days of membership? ... Hell. As I donate for mine, I wouldn't really consider donating anymore. I feel like the current pricing is fair, sad thing is Member Tickets are tradeable, it's both a good and bad thing in my opinion. More people can get member, but they're worth less now. An idea to prevent this could be to make them untradeable, except if you pay a NPC like 5m to turn it into a tradeable member ticket, similar to bonds in RuneScape.

Member Tickets into Donator Points? I'd say no. Member/Donator Items are already tradeable, what'd be the point to change a ticket into Donator Points. Just go buy it from other players if you can't donate by yourself.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 05:54:12 pm »
As i understand you're saying that there are too many member tickets ingame? How exactly would adding more features to members decrease that number? Also my opinion is that there aren't many regular players without membership. Therefore i think that membership is too easy and too cheap to get.

I don't disagree with adding more features tho.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 06:09:04 pm »

Member Tickets into Donator Points? I'd say no. Member/Donator Items are already tradeable, what'd be the point to change a ticket into Donator Points. Just go buy it from other players if you can't donate by yourself.
I say "yes"

I'm the only one who voted for this-.-.

It's actually a good thing. If we can exchange member ticket {perhaps all donator items} for lower emps credit. Let's say if a member ticket cost 500 points in shop and when we sell it back to shop, we would get 250 points. This will definitely sink donator items because players will be willing to trade donator rares for points so they can buy the donator rare they want that is hard to find in the market (different player timezone) And This seem to be the best and easy solution to code than comparing to adding new contents.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 06:54:56 pm by Jandar »
The following users liked this post: Beershake

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 06:27:41 pm »
I think adding new member features would be handy. But what would those new features be?

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 08:08:32 pm »
Or how about more actual f2p content so people woulddn't quit after the first day of playing? Our player peaks have barely gone up during the past 6 months or so.

More players = more potential members

Offline Zaros

• Liked: 22 times
  • +0/-0
  • The Empty Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 09:34:43 pm »
Or how about more actual f2p content so people woulddn't quit after the first day of playing? Our player peaks have barely gone up during the past 6 months or so.

More players = more potential members

Right, but also less P2P content = less membership = less funds to host the server.
So both F2P and P2P content have to be released.

Pages: 1 2 3 4