The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Poll

Which solution do you think is best?

More member features
Shortening free membership
Loyalty rewards
Turning member tickets into donator points
Reduce the amount of days a ticket gives
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss membership
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2016, 06:02:01 pm »
Why not make members are the only ones that is capable of making 4 dose potions instead of decanting?
Since manually decanting potions is something almost nobody does.
;

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2016, 09:39:00 pm »
"Reduce the amount of days a ticket gives" - Is probably the smartest thing to do atm.

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2016, 09:18:37 am »
The fact that there're many member tickets in-game, means that are many donators and  most of them decide to sell it and not using it, which makes the prices goes down but it's not a bad thing IMO.

But yeah I'd like to see new members features.

Offline Stifler

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • Not your average gohoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2016, 03:55:03 pm »
Reduce the membership for like 7-10 days that'll be a good opinion.

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2016, 03:47:20 pm »
I think if some existing features become member features people would be encouraged in becoming member.

Like making become some dungeons for only members, same for some skills, or parts of skills like Herblore could have as a requisite an active membership to make some of high-leveled potions(pure example).

In my opinion premium member concept just needs to be expanded, because it's kind of already in the game.
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Offline Topaz

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
  • Skills are all it takes
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2016, 08:12:04 pm »
Currently it's pretty evident that our donator items, especially member tickets, are in way more supply than the server can take. And because of that are becoming worth less and less. This isn't a problem of the highest priority, but I feel like opening up a thread to discuss it could maybe help the situation and result in a solution. That being said, here are some of the solutions I can think of, feel free to talk about them or add your own to the topic. I'll put a poll in the topic, to which I'll add good ideas from other people too.
  • More member features
    We currently do lack member features. One of the main ones, lunar spellbook, was removed from the features a while ago. While this was a right choice it left the list of member features looking pretty starved. People that don't wish to train the members only skills are left with very few reasons to buy them. I feel more features for members to enjoy would definitely get some people to be member more often. It could take a lot of time to develop certain big features, but small things could already make a difference. The potion decanter would've been a really nice member feature.
  • Free membership
    Currently new accounts get 10 days of free membership. While this shows them what's available with membership it also lets them enjoy most of the benefits for a pretty long time. You can go through quite a lot of the members content in 10 days. I myself don't think shortening or removing this would have too grave of an effect, but I still had to mention it.
  • Loyalty rewards
    Basically being rewarded for being member for a long time. Something like event points sounds like an ideal reward for this, or an all new shop and currency could be made.
  • Turning member tickets into donator points
    Quite like bonds in runescape, you could use a ticket to get a donator store currency, which would be less than the ticket itself of course. This would effectively sink a lot tickets, but leave us with a lot of other donator items in return. It's not a full solution but it would definitely sink member tickets.
/Discuss
I think there should be different member ticket with them we can have different loyalty rewards for example the ticket that we can buy in game and the ticket that can only be bought with in real life cash and that ticket should be untradeable as well as give like moderator have crown with a letter m in their name but an some kind of simbol with letter D (Donator) or P (premium member). It's just the idea that I have and it would actually up games budget little bit more for game to advance more frequently.

Offline Jakeasher

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2016, 08:32:22 pm »
Currently it's pretty evident that our donator items, especially member tickets, are in way more supply than the server can take. And because of that are becoming worth less and less. This isn't a problem of the highest priority, but I feel like opening up a thread to discuss it could maybe help the situation and result in a solution. That being said, here are some of the solutions I can think of, feel free to talk about them or add your own to the topic. I'll put a poll in the topic, to which I'll add good ideas from other people too.
  • More member features
    We currently do lack member features. One of the main ones, lunar spellbook, was removed from the features a while ago. While this was a right choice it left the list of member features looking pretty starved. People that don't wish to train the members only skills are left with very few reasons to buy them. I feel more features for members to enjoy would definitely get some people to be member more often. It could take a lot of time to develop certain big features, but small things could already make a difference. The potion decanter would've been a really nice member feature.
  • Free membership
    Currently new accounts get 10 days of free membership. While this shows them what's available with membership it also lets them enjoy most of the benefits for a pretty long time. You can go through quite a lot of the members content in 10 days. I myself don't think shortening or removing this would have too grave of an effect, but I still had to mention it.
  • Loyalty rewards
    Basically being rewarded for being member for a long time. Something like event points sounds like an ideal reward for this, or an all new shop and currency could be made.
    Quite like bonds in runescape, you could use a ticket to get a donator store currency, which would be less than the ticket itself of course. This would effectively sink a lot tickets, but leave us with a lot of other donator items in return. It's not a full solution but it would definitely sink member tickets.
/Discuss
It should be like only these who have donated have a possibility to buy member tickets with emps world currency after they donated some real cash cause its unfair for others to get free membership forever if they are rich in the game. Member shouldn't be so free. The real problem is emps world riches who never donate and still get unlimited membership.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:39:33 pm by Jakeasher »

Mary

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2016, 08:55:27 pm »
  • More member features
  • Free membership
  • Loyalty rewards
/Discuss
It should be like only these who have donated have a possibility to buy member tickets with emps world currency after they donated some real cash cause its unfair for others to get free membership forever if they are rich in the game. Member shouldn't be so free. The real problem is emps world riches who never donate and still get unlimited membership.
You realize the member tickets are beneficial for all i hope? Players can buy member tickets irl and sell them, getting a lot of cash for them. This is probably 90% of all the member tickets sold through EC.

Offline Rocklal

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2016, 10:20:37 pm »
what about the 10-13 years old they lack the ability to communicate if they were from a non-english speaking country. they would struggle in the game more than anyone, and most likely leave the game, because of the lack of understanding, so if you want to increase member content for about 20% you should add 10% more f2p content, or something like that.
other than that, it's no secret that member content is lacking a tons of things, and yeah that's what I think

Mary

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2016, 11:20:28 pm »
what about the 10-13 years old they lack the ability to communicate if they were from a non-english speaking country. they would struggle in the game more than anyone, and most likely leave the game, because of the lack of understanding, so if you want to increase member content for about 20% you should add 10% more f2p content, or something like that.
other than that, it's no secret that member content is lacking a tons of things, and yeah that's what I think
I have no idea what point you're trying to make

Offline Rocklal

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2016, 09:49:26 am »
basically, don't focus on members only in this game, because f2p are players too :/

Mary

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2016, 10:08:30 am »
basically, don't focus on members only in this game, because f2p are players too :/
Generally we'd like to provide all features to players, and give benefits to members. But like you said, members are lacking content aswell. It's hard to balance that out

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2016, 03:04:02 pm »
That makes membership quite a lot more pay to win, that's something that should entirely be avoided. Our current member content would be limited to a very small amount of people. Member rings being tradable is a really good feature, it means that people that don't wanna throw money at the game can still experience all of the game's content. It is not unfair to others at all if a rich person can sustain his membership for as long as he wants, how on earth did you come to that conclusion in the first place? Every ticket that comes into the game has to be donated for. Donators can choose to sell tickets, there's nothing bad about that. Membership should by no means be donator only.
This topic is to adress the lack of member features, it has absolutely nothing to do with f2p and by no means tries to lower the amount of f2p updates. F2p players can buy a member ticket from another player for around 8m currently. It's by no means difficult to maintain membership purely from making your own money, even if you don't have money, levels or anything of sort. 8m can be made in a matter of hours, a ticket lasts you 30 days.

Membership needs to have more content to it, that's all this topic is about.
;

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2016, 10:46:12 am »
1) The days of membership is too much. I'm guessing something like 14 - 15 days is enough to make another membership ticket.
2) Members definitely lacks content. Here's some of suggestions, I would like to point out:

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=16830.0
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=16807.0 (could be turned into members only feature)
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=16726.0
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=16393.0 (can only be used on monsters that are within slayer task and bigger than 1 X 1)
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=15934.0

These are just a few, could be more. But I liked those ideas from both my suggestions and from other players.
3) For last two, I don't see a point in adding those, unless, loyalty rewards are something that can only be obtained to loyal players who played *inserts time from database or w/e* time. Two years or more, could be an option.
As for overall, it's really huge topic to discuss on, but I do agree with Charr.
Pages: 1 2 3 4