The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Poll

Which solution do you think is best?

More member features
Shortening free membership
Loyalty rewards
Turning member tickets into donator points
Reduce the amount of days a ticket gives
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss membership
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 11:19:39 pm »
Perhaps some Member-Only boss(es)? It could be a sweet thing to have.
Like adding Nex for example, with Torva armors and such. Anyone with the right stats could wear the new armors, but only members could try their luck beating Nex to get it. It could maybe help the economy as well.

An other idea would be to set the upcoming skills to be Member-Only, for a while at least, it'd be more worth it to be member.
Smoke demon champion, saradomin gwd, tormented demons, kalphite queen; All high level pvm content that require membership. We have a lot of this already. As far as nex goes; I'd love the boss but the armours have no place in the current game. They also have a reputation; many people dislike them.

I disagree with the idea to lower the days of the member tickets. Member tickets for 10-15 days of membership? ... Hell. As I donate for mine, I wouldn't really consider donating anymore. I feel like the current pricing is fair, sad thing is Member Tickets are tradeable, it's both a good and bad thing in my opinion. More people can get member, but they're worth less now. An idea to prevent this could be to make them untradeable, except if you pay a NPC like 5m to turn it into a tradeable member ticket, similar to bonds in RuneScape.
It would rid the game of a load of cash, but not any of the member tickets.

Member Tickets into Donator Points? I'd say no. Member/Donator Items are already tradeable, what'd be the point to change a ticket into Donator Points. Just go buy it from other players if you can't donate by yourself.
Let's say you want a specific rare and you can't find anyone selling it, not even in the GE for a very high price. You could turn your ticket into points and buy it right out of the shop. Member tickets are a lot more common than the rest of the items from the shop.

As i understand you're saying that there are too many member tickets ingame? How exactly would adding more features to members decrease that number? Also my opinion is that there aren't many regular players without membership. Therefore i think that membership is too easy and too cheap to get.

I don't disagree with adding more features tho.
More reasons to member = Potentially more people buying member = Less tickets. I think the amount of people without member isn't too great, but it's definitely not a small number. You have a point though, it's indeed easy and cheap to get.

Or how about more actual f2p content so people woulddn't quit after the first day of playing? Our player peaks have barely gone up during the past 6 months or so.

More players = more potential members
Our player peaks have gone up recently, but that doesn't have too much to do with your point. More content would indeed keep people playing, though keeping it all f2p doesn't give people more of a reason to buy a ticket and use it. If more f2p content gets added it could partially be made p2p, not to bake a cake and remove the icing of course, but you get my point.

;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 12:11:35 am »
Thieving and crafting, 2 out of 4 skills that require membership and are completely useless.
Farming and herblore are heavily used to make potions both by pkers and skillers... yet doesn't require membership.

Hunter latest addition to skills was made f2p also.

Staff members have free membership, which most likely adds up.

Make some cosmetic items p2p maybe, which are desireable. (wouldnt be pay2win because they are cosmetics).
Oldschool rares, wings, fox tails and crap like that. <i dont know what the cosmetics in this server are> <donator store items maybe> > but then again you wouldnt buy member for donator items.

Maybe add new cosmetics into the game in the future which would become desirable and would be member only. Kind of like a status item, that shows your member is a cosmetic and is obviously member only.

Idk idk idk, just cut the days the ticket gives and work the future updates considering the fact that membership needs more features.

The cosmetic idea was stupid, I think we need real changes in the server regarding skills and pvm features to turn this issue around, not stupid gimmicks.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:38:50 am by Drugs »

Offline Poison2

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 12:25:45 am »
Maybe the way slayer is a member drop make it like it used to be long so where simple banshees drop bandos and cockatrice drop armadyl or even if not make drops from slayer monsters better than right now and add some good items to agility arena maybe that also could make you money ? This way members would actually have a good chance on making better money and member ticks could even go up in price than being reduced.

Offline Zaros

• Liked: 22 times
  • +0/-0
  • The Empty Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 04:15:51 am »
Maybe the way slayer is a member drop make it like it used to be long so where simple banshees drop bandos and cockatrice drop armadyl or even if not make drops from slayer monsters better than right now and add some good items to agility arena maybe that also could make you money ? This way members would actually have a good chance on making better money and member ticks could even go up in price than being reduced.

I disagree with the idea of lower level-monsters dropping any good gear, I believe drops are already assorted and good as they are, for the most part, for God items, just go to God Wars Dungeons, simple as that in my opinion, it may be hard but it's worth the trip.

Adding new Slayer Creatures would be an idea but even then, what would they even drop? The server already got a large variety of items, if anything more should be dropped, we'd maybe have to turn towards custom items or unused items. For example, having a working Ring of Wealth dropped by a high-level Slayer monster. 

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 02:04:05 pm »
Thieving and crafting, 2 out of 4 skills that require membership and are completely useless.
Farming and herblore are heavily used to make potions both by pkers and skillers... yet doesn't require membership.

Hunter latest addition to skills was made f2p also.

Staff members have free membership, which most likely adds up.
Crafting is somewhat useful in the sense that you can make your own dhide armour and jewelry, it's not that useless. Thieving is completely useless for the most part, the only thing it's useful for is getting heaps of seeds. Agility, apart from providing infinite run isn't too useful either. Sure there are a couple of nice shortcuts, but we could use more. I wouldn't mind if farming herbs was made member completely, but people would be upset. Hunter was well done in my opinion, most of it was f2p but most of the faster training methods were p2p.
Slayer does not need better drops. As far as skills go, slayer is THE best skill to make money with. It will make you a ton of money in the long haul. Things like god wars dungeon sets should never be dropped from a slayer monster ever again, they were way too easy to get when they were. As far as agility tickets go, they're already completely annoying to get and a black cava is fairly expensive. Making agility more rewarding isnt a bad idea, but it would have to be more than just adding things to the brimhaven agility arena shop.
;

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 02:32:20 pm »
Make more items members only
Currently no items are members only to use, I'd say that's a good thing. It prevents anything from being pay 2 win. More things you need member for to obtain wouldn't be bad, but we do have plenty of those things already.
It's not p2w when donator tickets literally cost no ingame money

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 02:42:27 pm »
Make more items members only
Currently no items are members only to use, I'd say that's a good thing. It prevents anything from being pay 2 win. More things you need member for to obtain wouldn't be bad, but we do have plenty of those things already.
It's not p2w when donator tickets literally cost no ingame money
I'd say they're about 6m now. That is an amount of money therefore your argument is invalid.
;

Offline Fawkes

• Liked: 36 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 03:06:04 pm »
I agree with more member features,shortening free membership, Reduce the amount of days a ticket gives.

I've restarted on Emps-World. And I have to say, it's way too easy. I've recieved 10 days of free membership, and that's just insane. And after a few hours, I could easily buy some member tickets. They cost like 5m each. It is even for beginners not that much. I think the biggest part of the players are member, so that is just wrong.

Reduce the amount of days (to 10 or 15 days) and shortening free membership ⇒ Price of the tickets increase ⇒ Less people are member

And more member features is always good  8)
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Superkettu1

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 11:36:18 am »
Only reason i need member atm is xtra running energy

Offline Da Ironman

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 07:27:56 pm »
new minigame with some untradeable exculsive prices and some new stuff to ing?

Offline Fawkes

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 07:52:43 pm »
Minigame? There are way too less online players for another minigame...
Or it should be a minigame for 1 players, like Jad?

Offline Skymaster100

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2016, 08:03:55 pm »
to lower the amount of days a ticket give would piss off alot of people myself included
it was 45 days now its 30 days what would you want it changed to? i think one month, 30 days is perfect imo

The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Fawkes

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2016, 08:27:17 pm »
to lower the amount of days a ticket give would piss off alot of people myself included
it was 45 days now its 30 days what would you want it changed to? i think one month, 30 days is perfect imo
That's not an argument. Why don't we just make everyone member? Or just give everyone 200m? That will make a lot of people happy...
The game is already way easier then Emps-Scape was, so a bit harder won't hurt anyone.

Offline Ranger 0wns

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't let others set your limit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2016, 08:56:40 pm »
I have voted for less member days, but I also wanted to vote for more member content.  I believe that there's a lot more places in Emps that could be added for new things and many things could be changed into members only.  Such things could be like, access to certain locations around emps, home teleports, new monsters/more current monsters in certain spots only accessible to members etc. It depends on what the players want to see brought into the game.

In my opinion, there's too many double experience days.  Also bosses these days are wayyyyy to easy.  I mean corp is not meant to be solo'ed so easily, but I understand they want it possible for those who don't have "friends" or "clans" to kill bosses with.  This is more off from this topic, but it would be cool if there were options when entering GWD bosses or Corp where you can choose easy or hard.  Make the drop rate more difficult if they choose easy and easier if they choose hard.
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10, Zaros, Fawkes

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2016, 11:42:05 pm »
10 days would be perfect. People would use more member tickets instead of staking 200 of them at once.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
Pages: 1 2 3 4