The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Poll

unlock

yes
5 (50%)
no
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Offline Thesancezzz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Emps is dying
« on: May 25, 2015, 03:12:32 pm »
So , guys .
Mine idea is to spam in youtube or forums mainly evrywhere that people should know about emps
today i did few hour's of spamming in youtube
i expect you guys to do the same if you all like to play on this server
if player count keep going down so badly i expect the server will be closed.

Offline Kingu

• Liked: 6 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Emps is dying
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 03:21:02 pm »
He is right we need more things to keep emps alive because it's back and we need to do something to help it! Like Thesancezzz did. I will do in a week maby youtube vid with pk or something else! but lets work together.

Offline Il Pk I

• Liked: 373 times
  • +0/-0
  • I'm a Timelord, allons-y!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 03:22:20 pm »
I hardly think Emps-World is dying; I also would not join a server where I can see a lot of spam on other videos about the server as I personally think it gives a bad image of the server.

I like how you want the server to gain more players though; I think when Thomy puts the advertisement up on Google it will bring a lot of people. You could try make some sort of ad banner for the server if you want to help (click here for details).

Quote from: Deandam7
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: mario was at his mothers murder as an adult ???
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wat?
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wait
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i said mario
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: LOLM8
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i mean barry
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, Kaner, The Ava

Offline Icedrags

• Liked: 793 times
  • +0/-0
  • I don't wanna wait now, But I know you gonna make
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 03:27:20 pm »
its not just emps-world but all rsps and Rs itself too. people find new games to play such  as League of legends dota 2 and etc.  rsps/rs  ain't that much fun anymore to new generation and old generation have grown out of it and have realized that they have way more important things to do/worry about.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:33:57 pm by Icedrags »
Doge Airlines
The Three Musketeers

Do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days,
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

Creative twant since november 22, 1995 :kappa:
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Esam121, Kaner, Yaz

Offline Thesancezzz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 03:32:53 pm »
There is still shit load of people playng it
look at http://www.runelocus.com/top-rsps-list/ evry wote is unical. 1 person / 1 vote
just admit it. Emps need's adversitement.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 03:39:34 pm »
I really belive quality > quantity here.
I've never wanted to join a server where people spammed it somewhere. If I did join a server it was because someone took the time to make one or two good videos about the server, you know, ones with commentary just like Big Chris' videos. If someone puts time and effort into making something for others to see, and it's about the server. I'd say that's at least 13513613 times better than whatever spam people make for other servers.

This is the god-knows-how-many-th post about emps dying, instead of whining about it, do something about it.
Tell your friends to join, make good videos for the server, write guides, make others feel at home when playing the server.

Due to many different factors, all other private servers are sort of 'dying' as well. This does need to be adressed. Ever since the release of OSRS private servers have dropped, this happened even more when f2p and bonds were released. Emps may need advetizements, but it needs qualitative ones.
;
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10, Nilsolavcool

Offline Rlc

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't hate, appreciate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 04:38:59 am »
Emps won't die, It'll always have those 100+ active players and probably no more. Spamming is really not a good way to lure people, it has a bad taste with it.
Proud Emps-Scape/World player since 2007

Offline Slayerxv

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 10:03:26 am »
Well I can't stand playing those #1 rsps games as they are so flooded with shit, Emps is the best I've ever played. People are playing it and enjoy it, it stays.
My old signature from 2009...

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 11:36:44 am »
We don't need trashy advertisement. What you're suggesting (and doing already apparently) is actually giving people a bad idea of the game. Think of it like this, you're sitting on Facebook, enjoying some funny pictures from some Page, then there's this guy "Like our Page we have *blah blah blah*". 99% of people who read that comment think that: 1. it's idiotic / 2. won't like or join the page / 3. and may even reply to him "Fuck off idiot".

The same applies to this attempt you suggest, you'd just bring hatred upon this game.

What we need is smart advertising, we tried Top Lists, we are constantly working on social media (Facebook & YouTube mostly) and soon with Google Ads. Remember that Emps in its golden age was filled with all of us who were young (and foolish), and that we are moving on from games already (most of us). The new generation may play other games, but a game in which you can do so many things (runescape style) will always attract people, and the stability of the content in Emps sets us way above most of other RSPSs. It just TAKES TIME to gain players.

You have to understand that our player count is NOT decreasing, it's actually going to the actual number that it's supposed for this moment (reducing all of us who've grown-up). The new generation will set foot on emps in the coming months, but you can't expect an instant growth right now.

The following users liked this post: Esam121

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 12:36:18 pm »
You're just earning us shit reputation. I know that your intentions were good, but you executed them badly.
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 12:47:51 pm »
Thomy > im planing to release a huge advertisement campagin or some shit.

Offline Mariuxas

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
  • Emps Lover ^.^
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 01:28:02 pm »
The main reason of losing players is that we DO NOT have any advertisement page on such as MoparScape , RuneLocus , RuneServer , GamingTopList.
Emps Scape Player Since September ,22, 2014.

Java Programmer!
                                c# beginner!

Have I Been A Good Boy ?

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 01:31:26 pm »
The main reason of losing players is that we DO NOT have any advertisement page on such as MoparScape , RuneLocus , RuneServer , GamingTopList.

When we had voting, people moaned. When we don't have voting, the same people still moan :kappa:

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 01:35:55 pm »
You can always go and work hard and make advertisement ads for Thomy, he really needs those to release an ad campaign.
There's shit you can do out there that don't require making a thread.

Like who knew Ozzy could make such clean and beautiful ads (not an insult) but he out-did all of us. Im sure there's plenty of people who can make decent ad design but instead they bitch here. > do something > i dont want to do anything > DO SOMETHING

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=10546.0
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, Il Pk I, The Ava

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 07:04:08 pm »
We just need time.

Emps was never always as popular as it was back in 2012; it took years for it to grow. This may also be the case for Emps-World.
Pages: 1 2 3 4