The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
About the Wiki logo and the reward for creating it.
« on: March 03, 2015, 12:54:50 pm »
It has come to my attention that a certain person has been rewarded with the only questpoint cape in game for creating a logo for the Emps-World Wiki. In my opinion rewarding someone with such a valuable item for creating just one logo is rather disturbing. The logo I'm talking about can be seen here http://puu.sh/gkA3r/24db748940.jpg. As you can see this logo is of horrible quailty and should be very easy to create by someone with basic understanding of designing software. I believe even I, someone who has never touched photoshop or familiar software, can create a logo of this quality in a few hours. Yes I understand that the person I'm talking about has done more of these projects in the past, but I don't think those are still relevant today. I'd like to ask you, the staff team, who was responsible for this and the reasoning behind this all.

Feel free to post your own opinions below.

Kind regards.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: About the Wiki logo and the reward for creating it.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 12:56:50 pm »
I'd like to ask you, the staff team, who was responsible for this

Either Martin or Mary, I'd say.

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 01:14:09 pm »
lol

The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Kaner

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 01:18:17 pm »
It was Mary. I don't see anything wrong with this.

Yes, the quality of the image created is poor but what he done for Emps in the past cannot be forgotten. Besides, he doesn't play anyway.

Mary

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 01:53:52 pm »
We've discussed this throughoutly within the staff team before. Thomy paid for it in this way and that's final.

ps: zodiac has had this cape for 3 months without anyone complaining about it and he didn't make the logo yet

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 02:15:51 pm »
We've discussed this throughoutly within the staff team before. Thomy paid for it in this way and that's final.
Then I'd like to hear his reasoning behind this. Also it seems like part of the staff team didn't think it was a correct decision too, I'd like to hear their stories too.

ps: zodiac has had this cape for 3 months without anyone complaining about it and he didn't make the logo yet
Does that mean I don't have the right to complain about it now? Also if he hasn't made the logo yet, then why has he already been rewarded. And please don't come up with the "he's done so much in the past" bullshit. A lot of people have done great things for Emps-Scape, however everyone had to start from scratch in Emps-World and I don't think he should be an exception.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:57:25 pm by Lars »

Mary

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 02:25:16 pm »
So you think a bunch of untradable pixels that a certain fairly inactive user is known for having for years is a bigger deal than two players getting rights 5 and 6 after 3 months of being inactive? Yea I see how it is

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:26:12 pm »
Does that mean I don't have the right to complain about it now? Also if he hasn't made the logo yet, then why has he already been rewarded. And please don't come up with the "he's done so much in the past" bullshit. A lot of people have done great things for Emps-Scape, however everyone had to start from scratch in Emps-World and I don't think he should be an exception.

That guy always had some privileges, for unknown reasons. I'm pretty sure he was paid for the login screen years ago as well, which he never even finished.

So you think a bunch of untradable pixels that a certain fairly inactive user is known for having for years is a bigger deal than two players getting rights 5 and 6 after 3 months of being inactive? Yea I see how it is

Untradeable pixels, which a lot of people have suggested to be added to the game available for everyone. Yes, I find it unfair.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:49:14 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 02:48:00 pm »
Please stay on topic.

Martin

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 03:51:15 pm »

No, thomy did not pay him anything. YOU paid him, without consulting anyone. All you did was just throw in a "i gave zodiac the items :P" While almost everyone in the staff team is against it. And nobody knew about him having the cape because he was so rarely on.
The following users liked this post: Tgod Bro

Offline Purple Phat

• Liked: 41 times
  • +0/-0
  • Potato Zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 03:53:30 pm »
I did not have any problem with that.

Offline Hugo Terwiss

• Liked: 362 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 03:57:18 pm »
I dont have any problems with this...
Never seen him online anyways. XD

Emps-world Player Moderator Since June 16, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since October 29, 2015
Emps-World Player Moderator Since February 26, 2016

Resigned as staff member on the 12th of July, 2016
Emps-World Player Moderator Since September 27, 2017

Offline Simonyoda3

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 03:58:23 pm »
I honestly don't mind having a veteran player a signature item for the work he's done in the past, he hardly plays anyway so it doesn't affect anything.

Then again it's only upto Thomy to decide if someone receives these items. Staff handing out items just because they feel like it, is wrong.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:15:22 pm by Simonyoda3 »
The following users liked this post: Ekke

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 04:17:19 pm »
The wiki icon is not bad, and it has a fine quality, however - I disagree with giving him the cape for that only, the items should be given after he provides the community with more work.
I wouldn't mind him having the cape, if he continues working for Emps-World at a constant pace.
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 04:24:29 pm »
They might as well release that cape for all..
Pages: 1 2 3