The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates September 6th - Rare Dyes, Minimap Overhaul and Fixes
« on: August 25, 2017, 01:53:51 pm »
Hello everybody!

I've got some interesting changes ready in this update. Please take your time and read through them. :)

Minimap
We've completely overhauled and customized all minimap icons with meaningful descriptions. The worldmap viewer reflects this change and you can even search for places of interest. I think it's easier to just show a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

If some places are missing or are wrong, please let us know! Also special thanks to JP writing and collecting most of the data. Really helped me to get this update done sooner.

Barrow, Shadow, Blood and Third-age Dye
I've added a new reward to clue scrolls: Dye shards. Combine 500 of these shards with a Dye bottle (costs 2 EP) to create one out of 4 dyes that can be used on several items:
  • Torva
  • Pernix
  • Virtus
  • Full slayer helm
  • Max cape and hood
Please bear in mind that once you've used the dye it will vanish and your equipment will become untradeable. The dyed item is reverted back into its original form if lost in PvP zones (if someone kills you in wildy). Each hard clue scroll rewards you with 1-4 random shards and every elite clue scroll with 2-8 random shards. Our calculation here is that on average you need to complete 200 hard or 100 elite clue scrolls to get the total amount of shards for 1 bottle. This does sound a lot, but bear in mind that a lot of people are doing clue scrolls and that the shards can be traded! It requires level 90 Herblore to mix the dye.

This is a screenshot of colored Torva armours. Other dyed items look similarly.

Engine Updates:
  • Shadow calculations improved. There's now a smooth transition when shadows are no longer rendered. The rendering distance now also has an impact on the shadow distance. This overall reduces performance on high rendering distances a little, but therefore renders shadows in a more correct way.
  • MMB has been finalized. All objects that aren't animated are now stored in large area buffers. Previously to this update, certain objects (ones you could click on) weren't put into those buffers, because they had interactions and updates of those buffers wouldn't work. Besides the tech talk, you'll feel a performance gain in the whole game. I've jumped from 80 to 95 fps in Barbarian village. :)
  • Spell hovers are no longer white boxes but a white border matching the icon layout.
  • The keys 1-5 can now be used to answer dialogues.

Fixes and Changes:
  • Skilling auras now use up 1 charge per skilling action instead of 10. This was intentional, but it made auras pretty much useless for their price.
  • Pest control fixes: Void knights and portals how correctly have their defence level again. The amount of players in the minigame also affects the portal's hitpoints and monster spawn rates more now.
  • Nex drop chances for torva, pernix and virtus slighty buffed from 0.3% to 0.5%. That buffs the team drop chance from 1.2% to 2%. I'm really happy with the update and that those items are rare, but so far there hasn't been a lot of armour drops.
  • String amulet spell updated - now requires earth runes instead of fires.
  • Stringing amulets now gives crafting xp.
  • Changing your boots / hair color no longer has an impact on some items, e.g. apprentice wand.
  • Barrage ice block will now only appear if your opponent is definitely frozen. Before the update there was a 0.5-1sec timeframe where the ice block could appear and your opponent still had a freezing immunity timer running.
  • Monsters will no longer reset combat when one person dies or teleports away. This caused a bug in the Nex teamfight where she would reset and respawn her minions and heal up to almost full health.
  • Everything else from the bug reports section that I forgot to mention. Big thanks for all the reports! :)

Oldschool Emps-World
Sadly I couldn't find the time to continue any work on the project because of irl work and updates. I will be posting news if available on Facebook or in patch notes topics. Since I've heard it quite a few times in-game or read it on the forums already, I'll be giving a short statement regarding the project:
I know there's hype around the project and some of you want to see this soon, but it's a huge step and a huge project! So give me some (many) months to get it finished. I assume that an alpha can be ready in a few months, but there's no way to promise that. I also would like to make clear, that the current Emps-World is the main game and will receive way more attention and updates than the oldschool project. We've recently gained a lot of players and that shows me that a correct mix of fun updates and advertisement campaigns are progressing Emps-World. I also want to make clear that the whole oldschool Emps-World will get 300+ players, 1k+ players, 2k+ players... (whatever random number you insert here) is straight up nonsense. It will probably be even harder to get oldschool running when taking into consideration how difficult it is to keep a game alive and running. So please... do yourself and me a big favor and quit that nonsense.

All the best,
Thomy

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:38:50 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, Drugs, Bluestorm, Hi Im Ethan, Jhonson, Themarfish, Jandar, S Clegane

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates September 6th - Rare Dyes, Minimap Overhaul and Fixes
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 08:39:46 am »
bump - until third reply
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Jp, Bluestorm, Charr, Jandar, S Clegane

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 08:40:53 am »
NOICE

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 10:46:21 am »
How will the alpha server look like?

Will it just be an empty map from osrs where we can suggest things to get added/fixed afterwards?
If yes, I feel like the whole OSES project should be cancelled immediately, because according to you, it will take months just for the alpha to get released and working on suggestions afterwards will take even more time.

I do not know what you have planned for OSES, but I feel like there is a miscommunication already. The replies I have read so far, where people told what kind of server they want, were tending to a game that is closer to Emps-Scape than OSRS (your approach).

Is it possible to load the server (with all its NPCs, items, etc.) from Emps-Scape before shutdown and add items from OSRS? If yes, this would save alot time, because Emps-Scape was in a good state already.

Offline Soul Graver

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 11:07:45 am »
the players are joining back when they heard that you are working on old school emps world.
i know emps world is the main game but the old school emps world will be more in it players,
soo what you need to focus more in a server have 70players or server have 1k+ players?
old school emps world or i want to call it (emps-scape) is the main thing and that what we came for

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 12:22:06 pm »

Will it just be an empty map from osrs where we can suggest things to get added/fixed afterwards?
If yes, I feel like the whole OSES project should be cancelled immediately, because according to you, it will take months just for the alpha to get released and working on suggestions afterwards will take even more time.

I do not know what you have planned for OSES, but I feel like there is a miscommunication already. The replies I have read so far, where people told what kind of server they want, were tending to a game that is closer to Emps-Scape than OSRS (your approach).

Is it possible to load the server (with all its NPCs, items, etc.) from Emps-Scape before shutdown and add items from OSRS? If yes, this would save alot time, because Emps-Scape was in a good state already.

The alpha will be similar to Emps-World. Same places, spawns, drops and items. Of course only items that are available in that revision. So no nex, torva, ancient armours, etc.

the players are joining back when they heard that you are working on old school emps world.
i know emps world is the main game but the old school emps world will be more in it players,
soo what you need to focus more in a server have 70players or server have 1k+ players?
old school emps world or i want to call it (emps-scape) is the main thing and that what we came for

No. Please read the last paragraph of the patch notes.

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 12:23:45 pm »
Goodjob on the updates above!

Oldschool Emps-World
Sadly I couldn't find the time to continue any work on the project because of irl work and updates. I will be posting news if available on Facebook or in patch notes topics. Since I've heard it quite a few times in-game or read it on the forums already, I'll be giving a short statement regarding the project:
I know there's hype around the project and some of you want to see this soon, but it's a huge step and a huge project! So give me some (many) months to get it finished. I assume that an alpha can be ready in a few months, but there's no way to promise that. I also would like to make clear, that the current Emps-World is the main game and will receive way more attention and updates than the oldschool project. We've recently gained a lot of players and that shows me that a correct mix of fun updates and advertisement campaigns are progressing Emps-World. I also want to make clear that the whole oldschool Emps-World will get 300+ players, 1k+ players, 2k+ players... (whatever random number you insert here) is straight up nonsense. It will probably be even harder to get oldschool running when taking into consideration how difficult it is to keep a game alive and running. So please... do yourself and me a big favor and quit that nonsense.
1,1,2018, :)

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Soul Graver

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 12:30:45 pm »

The alpha will be similar to Emps-World. Same places, spawns, drops and items. Of course only items that are available in that revision. So no nex, torva, ancient armours, etc.

No. Please read the last paragraph of the patch notes.

i appreciate what you are doing thanks very much. but im telling you what the community want

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 12:59:44 pm »
i appreciate what you are doing thanks very much. but im telling you what the community want

You aren't the community and not the majority. The main part of our community enjoys these kind of updates. My point being, that they'll get more dedication than oldschool.
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, Themarfish, S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 02:05:15 pm »

You aren't the community and not the majority. The main part of our community enjoys these kind of updates. My point being, that they'll get more dedication than oldschool.
Love the  incoming updates. Keep up the good work. Good luck with IRL work and studies. Hope you will be able to work on OSES project any time soon. :)

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 02:53:00 pm »

This one probably is the most useful feature, ever.

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 03:40:24 pm »

This one probably is the most useful feature, ever.

Haven't been able to test all possible dialogues... so let me know if you find one that doesn't work! ;)

Offline Icedrags

• Liked: 793 times
  • +0/-0
  • I don't wanna wait now, But I know you gonna make
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 04:38:55 pm »
Oldschool Emps-World

All the best,
Thomy
AMEN! 
keep it goin with the updates!
Doge Airlines
The Three Musketeers

Do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days,
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

Creative twant since november 22, 1995 :kappa:

Offline Iownu5xbetr

• Liked: 29 times
  • +0/-0
  • *Always #1* : Respect. Loyalty. Family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 07:13:46 pm »
The Updates have been going well Thomy. Glad to see the improvement of player-count slowly rising. Can't wait to see future updates and also very happy with this update.

~Jake
In Real Life Name: Jake
In Game Username: Iownu5xbetr
XxX Proud Emps-Scape Player Since Summer 2009 XxX
xXx If You Need Any Help Send Me Pm In Game or Forums xXx

*  Thread In Off-Topic Coming Soon For My Truck's Future and Past Updates (:  *

All Truck Mods, Upgrades, and Restoration Pictures:
https://gyazo.com/collections/42aea246670ceeb4fc35cd7edbadb6ca

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 07:33:46 pm »
Map features are really nice. Props to Jp for working on them. I do hope people will actually start using them, because for the most part I don't think people use the map a lot. I've seen or heard a lot of people that just flat out can't use the map as well, but I'm not really sure about all that.

Dyes are really nice. Do hope you'll make some final touch ups on how the armours are coloured exactly though. The masks on virtus and torva look kind of bad with the darker colours used as a main colour for everything except barrows. Shadow could be a bit darker and third age could use some grey colours from the ranged or mage set to make it look like less of a white blob. I'd love it if you made how the colouring is done consistent amongst all the dyes.

Nex set droprate buffs are nice but she still drops d arrows and blood runes. Replacing those with onyx bolt tips and zammy wines would mean you won't lose a ton of money if you get a bad drop.

i appreciate what you are doing thanks very much. but im telling you what the community wants
You seem very well informed for someone with 3 postcount. Hats off to you lad.

Oldschool Emps-World
I also would like to make clear, that the current Emps-World is the main game and will receive way more attention and updates than the oldschool project. We've recently gained a lot of players and that shows me that a correct mix of fun updates and advertisement campaigns are progressing Emps-World. I also want to make clear that the whole oldschool Emps-World will get 300+ players, 1k+ players, 2k+ players... (whatever random number you insert here) is straight up nonsense. It will probably be even harder to get oldschool running when taking into consideration how difficult it is to keep a game alive and running. So please... do yourself and me a big favor and quit that nonsense.
Best thing I've heard you say in a while.
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Drugs, Earl
Pages: 1 2 3