The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates 07/03/2015
« on: March 07, 2015, 09:01:32 am »
Hi,

As most of you probably have already seen, our main homepage has received a new layout. If you haven't already seen it, check it out here: http://emps-world.net. Please let me know if you like it or don't like it, also tell me why! Besides, special thanks to Mary for drawing the images of the menu.

We're also removing double xp and free member weekends. Please don't immediately rampage on that, let me explain why and tell you what ELSE we're giving you! Double XP weekends sound really cool, everything trains twice as fast. In theory that sounds really good, but the plain reality is, that we only have lots of players online during these weekends. So once in 2 weeks, we have peeks with over 400 players online at once. I'd like to change these peeks a little and have 350-400 players online daily. I'm therefore removing double XP and free member during weekends and add 1 hour of double xp every day. Our plan is to make some kind of 'double xp aura' available for voting points. I'm working on a voting system for RuneLocus, TopG, RSPS-List, etc. Our plan is to use voting points for cosmetical items, double xp, member days and even brawling gloves. Please bear in mind, that this change goes live WHENEVER the voting system is finished. It could mean that we have no double xp next weekend, but I cannot guarantee that yet!
TL;DR: No double xp/free member weekends, 1h double xp a day!

In other news, we have made some changes to the game:
  • You are no longer 100% safe when fighting monsters in the wilderness. Any player can interrupt combat with npcs in single combat zones now! We've made this change, because there is 0 risk in killing dragons or spectrals in the wilderness, when you've got a teleport with you. It's impossible for a PKer to attack you. (Goes live tomorrow, already warning the first time here!)
  • Tutorial dialogues updated. A better explanation of Emps-World, its commands and I removed some old mistakes.
  • Tutorial rewards updated. New players now get an iron, steel, black and mithril scimitar. Moreover, they also get a shortbow, oak shortbow and willow shortbow now. On top of that, new players get 250 iron arrows instead of 150 bronze arrows plus 150 steel arrows. This should make the overall start easier.
  • Frost dragon bones now give 1,875xp. Moreover, frost dragons have been made weaker overall too.
  • Monks of zamorak now drop zamorak wines.
  • Banshees now drop noted potato cactus.
  • Jellies don't drop granite items that often anymore. We've compensated it, by adding more coins to them. Plus, they are no longer aggressive.
  • Basilisks are no longer aggressive.
  • Wyverns drop saradomin armour less often. We've compensated it too, by adding more coins to them
  • Ice strykewyrms deal no initial damage anymore when popping out of the ground.
  • Splashes and teleblocks now trigger auto-retaliate. Monsters will also attack you back, when you splash a magic spell on them.
  • A bug with donations was fixed, which let you gain huge amounts of donator tickets. If that happened to you, you have 1 day time to return them. We'll ban all accounts that have massive amounts of donator tickets tomorrow. Serious offenses (50+ tickets) were immediately banned.

Special thanks to Martin aka Es Dexter for updating this updates's drop tables.
Last but not least, our first GE test is going live. We'll be testing transactions in world 3 (no public beta yet, sorry!). I hope that it's working out really well and that we can have it ready in the coming weeks. :)

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:34:55 am by Thomy »

Offline Angila Joli

• Liked: 371 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates 07/03/2015
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 10:28:35 am »
great update tnx ... keep it on  :)
"don't judge a book by its cover "
The following users liked this post: Pure Ran4ger

Offline Eliminator

• Liked: 123 times
  • +0/-0
  • Everybody believes they are the good guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 10:31:47 am »
Thanks again!  ;)

- Drugs are bad, mmkay -

"The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people." - Charlie Chaplin

"Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge." - Scott Adams
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 10:33:50 am »
Pretty good update.

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Pako4l1fe

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 10:33:57 am »
Once again brilliant updates Thomy, keep em coming.

Offline Kaner

• Liked: 509 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 10:35:12 am »
I love the update with the double xp ^_^

Overall it's a great update, well done!

Online C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 10:36:09 am »
The new layout looks amazing!

Amazing updates and fixes, keep them coming! :)

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

The following users liked this post: Pure Ran4ger, Ledomy10

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 10:38:18 am »
I like these new buttons on the homepage :)

Looking forward to the GE!

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Ch4mp5

• Liked: 10 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 10:39:15 am »
Aslong as the double xp of the 1 hour doesn't happen when the southern hemisphere isn't home... because we have shit to do aswell.

Offline Vampyras

• +0/-0
  • :o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 10:49:06 am »
then 2x xp will start today?
I

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 10:51:24 am »
All good except for the one hour of double xp/member, why not make it two or three? One hour won't help a lot :s

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds
The following users liked this post: Try Again Fo

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 11:03:35 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:29:29 pm by Try Again Fo »

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 11:09:25 am »
gg, gf, wp, good job thomy, thanks

Offline Skeletaltrio

• Liked: 7 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 11:38:12 am »
Seems like staff isn't approving POLITE feedback nowadays, but instead, they approve all my sarcastic spam replies. Let's try again...

We're also removing double xp and free member weekends. Please don't immediately rampage on that, let me explain why and tell you what ELSE we're giving you! Double XP weekends sound really cool, everything trains twice as fast. In theory that sounds really good, but the plain reality is, that we only have lots of players online during these weekends. So once in 2 weeks, we have peeks with over 400 players online at once. I'd like to change these peeks a little and have 350-400 players online daily. I'm therefore removing double XP and free member during weekends and add 1 hour of double xp every day. Our plan is to make some kind of 'double xp aura' available for voting points. I'm working on a voting system for RuneLocus, TopG, RSPS-List, etc. Our plan is to use voting points for cosmetical items, double xp, member days and even brawling gloves. Please bear in mind, that this change goes live WHENEVER the voting system is finished. It could mean that we have no double xp next weekend, but I cannot guarantee that yet!

You do realize that people have important exams during spring? They OBVIOUSLY have less time to play than usual, and now they have pretty much no reason to play Emps on weekends either. Voting rewards are just an another excuse for the fact that Emps is going downhill. Emps didn't need that, and NOBODY even wanted that back when we had 1k+ player peaks.

- Someone12116

Mary

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 11:43:55 am »
Seems like staff isn't approving POLITE feedback nowadays, but instead, they approve all my sarcastic spam replies. Let's try again...

You do realize that people have important exams during spring? They OBVIOUSLY have less time to play than usual, and now they have pretty much no reason to play Emps on weekends either. Voting rewards are just an another excuse for the fact that Emps is going downhill. Emps didn't need that, and NOBODY even wanted that back when we had 1k+ player peaks.

- Someone12116
How about tokens that you can stack and you can consume them to get an immediate hour of double xp? That way you can get your double xp at a time you can actually utilize it.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Icecloud, Ledomy10
Pages: 1 2 3