The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
Magic aggression
« on: November 27, 2015, 09:16:23 pm »
Make it so that even if a magical attack splashes on you, your character will auto retaliate onto the player or npc that casted it. Auto retaliate works normally for every other attack style, why is magic an exception?

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Magic aggression
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 09:40:53 pm »
i agree.

Offline Str Pvp14

• Liked: 38 times
  • +0/-0
  • No smirking
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 09:53:53 pm »
In what situations would that be useful? Obviously in PvP, but anywhere else?
The exception makes sense to me, it's not a completed attack style thus it shouldn't activate the auto-retaliate.

Sorry, but I have to disagree on this one

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 11:42:54 pm »
The exception makes sense to me, it's not a completed attack style thus it shouldn't activate the auto-retaliate.

I think that is the main reason.....
I agree with you, Aaron.

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 11:48:22 pm »
I agree, because it should be fair for all combat styles.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Str Pvp14

• +0/-0
  • No smirking
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 03:09:28 pm »

I agree with you, Aaron.
Durr... I was completely aware it was the main reason.
I don't support that type of PvP and was trying to get another reason to get along with it...

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 03:29:07 pm »

I agree with you, Aaron.
I don't support that type of PvP and was trying to get another reason to get along with it...
I don't even Pvp and I support this. Why don't you agree though? Players auto retaliate to every attack, why shouldn't they retaliate if it splashes?

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 04:02:34 pm »

I agree with you, Aaron.

This suggestion is meant to help people who are being attacked by magic pkers. The magic pkers themselves won't get any benefits from this, it will only result in them getting attacked. Why don't you support it?

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Str Pvp14

• +0/-0
  • No smirking
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 04:16:32 pm »
I don't even Pvp and I support this. Why don't you agree though? Players auto retaliate to every attack, why shouldn't they retaliate if it splashes?
K, to begin with I don't think that running around with mage takes away the opportunity for players that would like to say, kill spectrals, but can't because they won't risk the little armour pieces they have. If an auto-retaliate was to be given to splashed spells, it would give the less chance to run away with the one window of opportunity they have to escape (we're talking about the splash).

'But Str, they can turn auto-r off', of course they can, but the people that I'm talking about is mostly children with insufficient English skills and they don't know what that button does. ->They lose their items -> they'll think this games is unfair -> they'll quit -> lower player base

'But Str, that keeps the item prices up for ancient armours', I don't care about the item prices when they'll get stacked up with the hoarders anyways, I'd rather have items flow more among the people with less money rather than the hoarders having 60 sets of them to keep their value up.

That's why I don't support it.

As for the attack style itself:
Players auto retaliate to every attack, why shouldn't they retaliate if it splashes?
A splash isn't a completed attack style, thus it shouldn't activate auto-retaliate. To give an example, this also works on NPCs. If it splashes, you will have done literally nothing that effects them. This means that there is no reason to activate auto-r. Whereas in say archery and melee, attack styles are always completed, they made direct contact with the NPC and it should fight back.

This suggestion is meant to help people who are being attacked by magic pkers. The magic pkers themselves won't get any benefits from this, it will only result in them getting attacked. Why don't you support it?
There's probably very little you can do versus a mage in wildy, why wouldn't you consider running freely from a splash rather than have you turn around and run straight into the mage to hit once/twice and then be frozen/bound, having to stand there and take it, and finally die. You're probably able to click on the mage that is attacking as well, so it wouldn't be necessary to add an auto-r on top of it as well, it would only hinder your intended player movement.

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 06:04:29 pm »
'But Str, they can turn auto-r off', of course they can, but the people that I'm talking about is mostly children with insufficient English skills and they don't know what that button does. ->They lose their items -> they'll think this games is unfair -> they'll quit -> lower player base

This example is very specific. There is no exact proof that a lot of the players are kids and even if they are, they probably have got the idea what auto retaliate does. I don't think the age of players should influence gameplay mechanics.

A splash isn't a completed attack style, thus it shouldn't activate auto-retaliate. To give an example, this also works on NPCs. If it splashes, you will have done literally nothing that effects them. This means that there is no reason to activate auto-r. Whereas in say archery and melee, attack styles are always completed, they made direct contact with the NPC and it should fight back.

Hitting a '0' with other combat styles triggers auto retaliate and so should Magic do aswell.

Also, think about it. When somebody tries to hit you in real life and misses, do you just sit there like nothing has happened.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 06:41:43 pm by Kaarel 123 »

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 08:06:10 pm »
K, to begin with I don't think that running around with mage takes away the opportunity for players that would like to say, kill spectrals, but can't because they won't risk the little armour pieces they have. If an auto-retaliate was to be given to splashed spells, it would give the less chance to run away with the one window of opportunity they have to escape (we're talking about the splash).
They can simply turn auto retaliate off, that function was added there in runescape for that specific reason.
Insulting the entire player base is not a valid argument to change anything, period. There are a ton of 'children with insufficient english skills' that know what auto retaliate does, simply because you can view what it does by turning it off and on. You underestimate the playerbase.
'But Str, that keeps the item prices up for ancient armours', I don't care about the item prices when they'll get stacked up with the hoarders anyways, I'd rather have items flow more among the people with less money rather than the hoarders having 60 sets of them to keep their value up.
Item values have literally nothing to do with the topic at hand. I this would have any significant effect on anything to be very honest.
The only difference between a 0 and a splash is that spell effects don't occur on splashes. This is definitely still an attack.
There's probably very little you can do versus a mage in wildy, why wouldn't you consider running freely from a splash rather than have you turn around and run straight into the mage to hit once/twice and then be frozen/bound, having to stand there and take it, and finally die. You're probably able to click on the mage that is attacking as well, so it wouldn't be necessary to add an auto-r on top of it as well, it would only hinder your intended player movement.
There's a shit ton you can do against a mage in wilderness, counter freezing, simply doing damage. The only wilderness PvM content I'd imagine people would melee are green dragons and revenants. Both of these are at a relatively short distance from a safe zone, splashing making you auto retaliate definitely doesn't have any major effects on getting out. Additional movement commands (aka clicking somewhere to run) break auto retaliate completely, you'll only maybe lose 1-2 squares from hitting back first if your only intention is running.
;

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 08:49:59 pm »
Supported.

Offline Ranger 0wns

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't let others set your limit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 09:29:59 pm »
I completely agree with this!  Situations for non-pvp would be against the monks of zamorak in taverly dungeon?  I think?

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 10:04:51 pm »
I completely agree with this!  Situations for non-pvp would be against the monks of zamorak in taverly dungeon?  I think?
Yes. Also :
King black dragon
Steel, iron, bronze, Mithril, brutal green dragons
Aberrant spectres
God wars minions
God wars bosses
Corporeal Beast
Chaos elemental

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis
Pages: 1