The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Poll

Would you like to see new semi-rares introduced into the game?

Yes
No
Pages: 1 2

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Introducing more rares.
« on: February 13, 2015, 01:35:44 pm »
So,

Rares have always been a highlight to players as it gives ambitious players the chance to save their hard worked cash and put it into something admired by the whole community.

My suggestion is to add a limited number of new semi-rares into the game, similar to what we used to have on the old Emps-Scape. Their would be more of every rare. So for example, currently we have 3 rares, with a quantity of 4 each. If these new semi-rares were to be introduced there would roughly maybe 20 or so of each new rare. Which means that they won't all be hoarded by stakers and flow around within the community.

I know personally, they were very popular back in the day and I know a tonne of players would love the nostalgia of having them.

I would like to know your guys thoughts and also if you could please vote a yes/no answer to the poll I've added, whether you would like to see new semi-rares within the game. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 11:31:06 am by Ahrim Ghost »
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

The following users liked this post: Appelsientje

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing more rares.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 01:46:04 pm »
I would love to see new rares in-game, it encourages players to get a hold on to (one of) those items.
Since most rares are now stuck in the staking circuit it wouldn't hurt at all to introduce more of them, if you want to own a rare item at the moment you are almost forced to enter the staking circuit, because there is not different way of achieving those items.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 01:51:46 pm »
it encourages players to get a hold on to (one of) those items.

Stakers do that as well, so what's the difference?

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 01:54:52 pm »
They will end up in the hands of stakers anyways, but i agree.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 01:59:19 pm »
Voted yes because it creates a healthy economy.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Crazy Joker

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
  • Midnight Marauder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 03:43:48 pm »
Agreed, would be cool.

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 04:40:12 pm »
Voted yes, more things to strive for ;)
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 05:01:27 pm »
While introducing more rares wouldn't be a bad idea, I do worry about the way they're given out.
Some of the latest rares were given out at a PVP event, in which more money = better gear = a better chance of getting one, this isn't really all that fair imo.
If they do add rares i'd like to see them given out like in OSRS, 100% random location, no red dot on the map, and not too many spawns.
That would make sure the rares are actually spread across players, instead of the rich just getting more rich.
;

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 05:01:34 pm »
Introducing more of these rares will not change stakers hoarding them.
I would like to see more in-game but as I've said, stakers will still stake them and build even more of them up in their banks.

Martin

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 05:04:11 pm »
While introducing more rares wouldn't be a bad idea, I do worry about the way they're given out.
Some of the latest rares were given out at a PVP event, in which more money = better gear = a better chance of getting one, this isn't really all that fair imo.
If they do add rares i'd like to see them given out like in OSRS, 100% random location, no red dot on the map, and not too many spawns.
That would make sure the rares are actually spread across players, instead of the rich just getting more rich.
Uhighm8?

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 05:07:30 pm »
Uhighm8?
He has a point though. ;)

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 05:40:51 pm »
Uhighm8?
he does have a point, as soon as you said it was a pvp event 3/4 of the people left and never had a chance of getting one.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 05:41:47 pm »
Uhighm8?
Nah, low, low like the hits of people that didn't bring 200m to that pking event for a rare.
;

Offline Ekke

• Liked: 94 times
  • +0/-0
  • The inquisitive
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 05:43:49 pm »
Uhighm8?
he does have a point, as soon as you said it was a pvp event 3/4 of the people left and never had a chance of getting one.
And the other 3 were released completely randomly. I think it's fair that people who work hard and have good accounts (skills, items), have a bigger chance for atleast ONE rare.

OT: I agree. With current amount of rares it is very easy for one or a few players to collect them and hold them. With more rares they would circle more.

Offline Sam

• Liked: 81 times
  • +0/-0
  • If it matters, I'd walk through hell for it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 06:14:20 pm »
I definitely voted yes!
Ex-Staff member

~Veteran Israeli
Pages: 1 2