The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Hazerofdoom

• Liked: 56 times
  • +0/-0
  • Spiders scare me.
    • View Profile
Gift Bomb.
« on: August 18, 2015, 06:06:02 am »
Cash Shop Item Suggestion - Gift Bomb

I thought of a nice little addition to the cash shop which I think players would enjoy.
This suggestion may need tweaking for economy reasons or some numbers etc but instead of shooting it down straight away, try to give ideas on how to improve this suggestion.
Now, lets get to the gift bomb:

Gift Bomb Information
  • Gift Bomb costs 500 DP each.
  • Untradeable. (not sure about this but meh)
  • Same icon as smoke bomb in RS.
  • When purchased/used, an event will happen: The bomber will receive a giftbox at random, and four others will also be given a giftbox at random. One of the five will also be guaranteed a DP item worth at least 575 DP.
  • Those randomly selected users will receive one of 5 types of presents randomly.
  • There will be a yell in chat (optional) to state that user X has just bombed said users.
  • Gift bombing can be anonymous.
  • Users can change their settings so they are anonymous if they ever get bombed.
  • The 5 types of presents vary in rarity, and hence what's inside of them.
  • The bomb itself can either be an item which can be triggered, or an automatic event trigger when it is purchased.
    • To clarify: The first option would be good if someone wanted to save up gift bombs and then use them all at once for a celebration of sorts

Present Information
  • 4 People at random plus the bomber will receive ONE of the 5 types of presents.
  • The type of present is random, some are much rarer than others.
  • Presents are not trade-able with other users, only use-able.
  • When used, the player will receive an item from its table at random.
  • Can not be dropped. If destroyed you can pay X amount of gold to get it back from Ilfeen
  • Presents icons are from RS based upon gems. The gems indicate the level of rarity.

Present Box Loot & Rarity Information
IconNameRarityLoot
Sapphire Blue Present BoxCommonLow level skill materials.
Emerald Green Present BoxUncommonMedium level skill materials.
Ruby Red Present BoxRareHigh level skill materials.
Diamond White Present BoxVery RareCosmetic items. (Unique, Cash shop, Kits, Pets...)
Dragonstone Purple Present Box0.01%Discontinued Item (Bunny Ears / Lit Bug Lantern / Bow Sword)

Low level skill materials = Level 1-30
Medium level skill materials = Level 31-75
High level skill materials = Level 75-99

These will come in a fair amount, not as much as for example wishing well fruits but about 1/3 of that. If not a lot less.
Can be ores, logs, seeds, grimy herbs, potion ingredients, arrows, bolts, arrowtips, bolt tips, uncuts, dragonhides, etc...

For the Diamond present, what I mean by cosmetics is such:
  • Unique - Only available through the diamond present. Could be gift themed / party themed.
  • Cash Shop - Random item from cash shop which is cosmetic, such as wings.
  • Kits - Those kits you can get out of the casket
  • Pets - Possibly pets that drop, or re-coloured versions of them.
  • All cosmetic items will have no combat stats.

For those that are going to whine about the rares in dragonstone:

- Someone buys the bomb and user X gets selected at random.
- User X has 0.01% chance of getting dragonstone, gets it.
- User randomly gets one of the 3 rares.

(You could also add more items to the dragonstone box to make it harder to get these.)
But the chance of someone being selected from the whole server AND getting that 0.01% chance makes this fine imo.

Why are you suggesting this?

People like giving gifts, and people like receiving them.
Some MMORPG's have adopted this method (adding a random gift event) into their cash shop and it has done very well, users love feeling appreciated for their gifts, and like making other people happy.
Not just that, but seeing users interact with each other (seeing the User X has just bombed Name, Name, Name, Name and Name!)
would be pretty cool.

It could help people make friends too, etc..
I just like the idea and thought I'd share it with you guys.
Things will probably need tweaking but the fact its a cash item + its randomly gifted to others and the buyer gets nothing + RNG makes this not too OP in my opinion.

Buuuut... feel free to share yours and I'll edit this as we go on.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:38:17 am by Hazerofdoom »
Need help about an issue like account and item recovery?
Make a helpdesk ticket!

Want information about something in game?
The wiki is exactly for that!

The following users liked this post: Mtn Alin0

Offline Irfox

• Liked: 121 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
    • View Profile
Re: Gift Bomb.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 06:09:58 am »
>buy a gift bomb
>login to w2 with only your friends
>use gift bombs
>try to make bank

>run for president

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:11:30 am by Irfox »
The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Hazerofdoom

• +0/-0
  • Spiders scare me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 06:14:07 am »
There's easy solutions to that issue which could be put into place.

- Both worlds are in the scope of the gift bomb.
- Gift bomb doesn't work in world unless X amount of players are online.
- If there are less than X amount of players in world, do not bomb members of friends list.

Edit:

Also, the most common drop would be the low tier present which gives low level supplies out.
So for 500 if you done this, you would essentially be paying real money to try and make profit from bad chances...
Even if people did do this, and tried to exploit this, that would be a lot of money they'd be donating to try and exploit the chances.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:16:04 am by Hazerofdoom »
Make a helpdesk ticket!

Offline Irfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 06:17:41 am »
There's easy solutions to that issue which could be put into place.

- Both worlds are in the scope of the gift bomb.
- Gift bomb doesn't work in world unless X amount of players are online.
- If there are less than X amount of players in world, do not bomb members of friends list.

Alrito, an issue with this is that this seems too bad if you don't get the 0.01% box and too good if you do. There is no middle ground. Either everyone gets jack all or they get too much out of it.

Also, the most common drop would be the low tier present which gives low level supplies out.
So for 500 if you done this, you would essentially be paying real money to try and make profit from bad chances...
Even if people did do this, and tried to exploit this, that would be a lot of money they'd be donating to try and exploit the chances.

Sounds like what I mentioned. The chances are way too low
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:19:45 am by Irfox »

Offline Hazerofdoom

• +0/-0
  • Spiders scare me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 06:20:21 am »
Alrito, an issue with this is that this seems too bad if you don't get the 0.01% box and too good if you do. There is no middle ground. Either everyone gets jack all or they get too much out of it.

This has to be for profit...why?
This could be just used as a good gesture for others.
If you randomly got gifted one of these, say a high level one and got tons of rune ore -- would you be mad?
Hell even if you got a low level one and got a bunch of coal I'm sure you wouldn't mind.

In the end, the person purchasing this should expect nothing in return.
As for those getting gifts, I don't really think people will be complaining at getting free stuff.
Be it resources for them to sell / use in training up or a nice cosmetic / rare find.

Edit:
If the rates of the giftboxes given is too common then the rarity can be tweaked so that more rubies and emeralds drop instead of a lot of common ones.
I would be a bit bummed if my 500 DP only got 5 common giftboxes.
Plus, if the rewards from the material boxes is too low, you can adjust the quantity given.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:23:03 am by Hazerofdoom »
Make a helpdesk ticket!

Offline Irfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 06:23:37 am »

Because the entire donation system is set up that way?

Offline Hazerofdoom

• +0/-0
  • Spiders scare me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 06:25:42 am »

Having one item which lets you be generous to other users isn't a bad thing.
Like I said in the post, some users would like an item like this.
Make a helpdesk ticket!

Mary

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 06:27:14 am »
I think there should be a guaranteed donator rare of 575 or lower DP with every bomb. That way it's still worth something, having 99% skilling supplies is nothing

Also people with 500 DP don't really like to hand shit to others and gain nothing for themselves, they can do that to the people they want and hand out stuff thats worth more than the bomb gives.

I say 1 of the targets is guaranteed the bomber himself, and 4 others. Plus one of the 5 gets a donator rare of 575 or lower. Rest have chances on presents just like you described.

Nonetheless I like the idea a lot :)

Like irfox said, nobody will buy it with their rl cash if they don't gain profit from it. Almost nobody donates with the sole purpose of supporting the server, usually they do it to gain profit for themselves for little work. If there was a way for them to obtain the bomb with ingame cash it would be no problem. Rich people hand out shit all the time cause they don't care about virtual money as much as real money. Only poorer players usually donate. It's exactly the reason why the mystery gift isn't as popular as the concept is.
The following users liked this post: Hazerofdoom

Offline Irfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 06:28:23 am »

Having one item which lets you be generous to other users isn't a bad thing.
Like I said in the post, some users would like an item like this.

Some users also would like Thomy to not engage too soon with Shyvana.

But to get back to the point, it seems decent if the value of the rewards were a bit higher.

If you randomly got gifted one of these, say a high level one and got tons of rune ore -- would you be mad?
Hell even if you got a low level one and got a bunch of coal I'm sure you wouldn't mind.

In the end, the person purchasing this should expect nothing in return.
As for those getting gifts, I don't really think people will be complaining at getting free stuff.
Be it resources for them to sell / use in training up or a nice cosmetic / rare find.

Well yeah, I wouldn't complain about getting a free euro irl, but it's also not something I would really appreciate. The chance of good rewards need to be upped.

I think there should be a guaranteed donator rare of 575 or lower DP with every bomb. That way it's still worth something, having 99% skilling supplies is nothing

Sounds like league (For the ones that don't know. You can pay 300-400 rp for a mystery skin or 590 for a mystery skin with a value that is at least 975 rp which is a decent system as far as league goes :P)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:33:20 am by Irfox »
The following users liked this post: Hazerofdoom

Offline Hazerofdoom

• +0/-0
  • Spiders scare me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 06:35:21 am »
I say 1 of the targets is guaranteed the bomber himself, and 4 others. Plus one of the 5 gets a donator rare of 575 or lower. Rest have chances on presents just like you described.

That sounds like a really good idea to boost the worth of the bomb while still keeping it in a giving manner.
For the resource gifts I was thinking of having quite a few of the bulk as a reward so it isn't too useless.
It's just that you don't really want to flood the place with materials and overwhelm supply against demand.
However, tons of mats get used all the time so that might not be a problem.

Some users also would like Thomy to not engage too soon with Shyvana.

But to get back to the point, it seems decent if the value of the rewards were a bit higher.

Well yeah, I wouldn't complain about getting a free euro irl, but it's also not something I would really appreciate. The chance of good rewards need to be upped.

Sounds like league (For the ones that don't know. You can pay 300-400 rp for a mystery skin or 590 for a mystery skin with a value that is at least 975 rp which is a decent system as far as league goes :P)

Yeah, if the main issue you have is with how much these gift bombs are worth then definitely I think Mary's idea would improve that greatly if not fix the issue completely.

Thank you both for your feedback, adding / editing the first post now.
Make a helpdesk ticket!

The following users liked this post: Irfox

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 08:36:39 am »
I'm 2 young to play with bombs  :'(

I agree

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 11:15:23 am »
A birthday gaint bomb gift! :kappa:

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Keiskelar

• Liked: 180 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 11:48:01 am »
>Buy a gift bomb
>Login with 5 alts
>bomb it
>make Bank

You don't get postcount in Off-Topic Section btw.

#Joshiee

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity,
and I’m not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einste

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 01:44:56 pm »
Quite an interesting idea to bring more oldschools in the game. Call them oldschools, not discontinued items, because if they're from this, they're gonna be continued. I wouldn't mind this, though we should be careful with putting skilling items into the donor store.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 02:36:21 pm »
Nty.Thomy.doesnt.deserve.more.money.
The following users liked this post: Freestuffyay, Ledomy10, Keiskelar
Pages: 1 2