The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Correct server
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 04:11:03 pm »
I am starting to consider to close the duel arena if it just keeps on going like that. No matter what, the duel arena is always involved in all the troubles and dramas.
There is alot players who plays to stake , so if u removes it they gonna quit

Or... people start to enjoy the game in another way? Actually playing it instead of staking pixels over pixels and being upset of every single loss... Just my thoughts on that.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 04:27:51 pm »
There aren't actually a lot of players that stake, at least not if you don't count the people that aren't active at all. Given the amount of flaming and scamming that goes on in the duel arena I would say it would be a positive change for the server. It would encourage pking more as well.
;

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 04:40:11 pm »
I am starting to consider to close the duel arena if it just keeps on going like that. No matter what, the duel arena is always involved in all the troubles and dramas.

Or... people start to enjoy the game in another way? Actually playing it instead of staking pixels over pixels and being upset of every single loss... Just my thoughts on that.

How about limiting stakes to 1m coins, 1m worth of pgb or 1 member ticket max? Stop people from staking their banks or if they do stake their banks then it'll take less begging to be able to stake again. Getting a member ticket in a minute is still good, so it's unlikely that duel arena would be completely abandoned. Alternatively people can stake 1m for the fun of it.
If they want bigger stakes then they can go pk or something.

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 05:00:54 pm »

If the duel arena was to be removed, people would use the wilderness to 'stake' which would result in way more scams. Kind of a tricky issue to deal with.
I also find it slightly annoying that so much effort goes into new content, for example construction, but so many players never explore it because they can't pull themselves away from duel arena.
It's legit incredible to me the mentality of stakers who claim to be unable to stay away from the duel arena, even to the extent that they ask for their accounts to be banned from staking lol.
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 05:40:17 pm »
If the duel arena was to be removed, people would use the wilderness to 'stake' which would result in way more scams. Kind of a tricky issue to deal with.
I've witnessed a duel arena being closed (albeit temporarily) on another server. Yes, people tried to 'stake' in the wilderness. They quickly realized it was a stupid idea because there are no options to set rules and once they did they transitioned into pking quite smoothly.

Yes, some people will lose their shit and possibly quit. That's no different from what's already happening in the duel arena however.
;
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 06:00:55 pm »
Maybe a duel arena removal is too tough, but limiting the overall staking process may be an interesting step. There could be fees depending on the amount of cash staked or maybe even a maximum amount of cash you can stake per day.

Just thinking out loud here... any other ideas?

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 06:08:38 pm »
Maybe a duel arena removal is too tough, but limiting the overall staking process may be an interesting step. There could be fees depending on the amount of cash staked or maybe even a maximum amount of cash you can stake per day.

Just thinking out loud here... any other ideas?
It can always be reverted if necessary. Limits will just cause people to stake on alts. Taxes would sort of work but I think people would stake with middlemen to avoid them. If you do tax, taxing higher for higher stakes is the way to go.

Maybe close it for a certain period of time to try out.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 06:32:17 pm »

Implying that's considered a loss :LUL:
Ever thought about the toxicity of the staking ''community'' driving people away from the game?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:52:32 pm by Someone12116 »

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 06:42:25 pm »

Implying that's considered a loss :LUL:
Ever thought about the toxicity of staking ''community'' driving people away from the game?

You might have a really good point here.. :P

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 06:58:56 pm »
Currently what it seems is that people stake their whole cash stack until they're out, basically giving their bank to other player(s). After that they'll go around getting more money somehow -> repeat.
I believe disabling staked duels would be a good experiment. Possible pros would be that players could try play the game a different way. Less toxicity possibly as well? Most of the flame wars happen at duel arena.

There's also some cons that might happen which are possible quits for a while but I'm sure they would come back because I don't think (atleast I hope so) they just play the game to gamble. And possible hatred against the staff. Stakers might also move to wilderness to do their stakes which would cause 'scamming' but those aren't really scams at all because you only should bring items to wilderness that you are willing to lose.

Oh and oldschool rares might drop in price too because only stakers or people who have had their bank handed to them can afford them atm due to their high cost. :P More players might get a chance to obtain one of them.

Giving it a go might be a good idea. It can always be reverted.
The following users liked this post: Pk Range99

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 07:03:48 pm »
Finally some serious shit is about to happen,
limiting it to 1 - 10mil per stake is a great idea tbh, instead of the staking fee as people are poor af already

Oh and oldschool rares might drop in price too because only stakers or people who have had their bank handed to them can afford them atm due to their high cost. :P More players might get a chance to obtain one of them.

Stakers has nothing at all these days, all of them combined can't afford any.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 07:08:30 pm »
Finally some serious shit is about to happen,
limiting it to 1 - 10mil per stake is a great idea tbh, instead of the staking fee as people are poor af already

Stakers has nothing at all these days, all of them combined can't afford any.
Missed my point completely there. Gathering lets say 5b for an oldschool rare by staking is the way to go if you actually want to afford one. If you want to gather 5b by killing frost dragons or skilling for example to afford one be my guest. :P That's going to take absolutely ages.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 07:12:23 pm »
Missed my point completely there. Gathering lets say 5b for an oldschool rare by staking is the way to go if you actually want to afford one. If you want to gather 5b by killing frost dragons or skilling for example to afford one be my guest. :P That's going to take absolutely ages.
Merching and possibly high risk pking make it all possible so it's not an issue imo.
;

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 07:28:45 pm »
Closing duel arena would be a harsh decision for stakers. As I've seen most of the replies here are from non-stakers which make it easy to suggest to close the mini-game but if you look on some of the stakers perspective (such as me) that it's really amateurish suggestion. I do agree on the idea to limit the stakes to 10m max per stake.

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 07:35:26 pm »
We could just try out stake free weeks and/or limit stakes to 1-10m per duel. I wouldn't mind either, because I really this being a problem for a too long time already. Staking in general is frustrating gameplay, which imo is unhealthy for everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4