The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
'Awakened' Korasi (New Item) and melee PvP item changes
« on: January 28, 2016, 02:15:01 pm »
I asked many people about which items are strong or often used and which aren't.

Basically, melee special items were rated as being the weakest. The only strong special attack weapon we have are the godswords so far.

PvP melee items and even Korasi are never used because of their low accuracy or/and low damage.
In the last 1-2 years, additional armour got released which added more defensive (and offensive) bonuses while the newly released melee weapons (pvp items and korasi) did not get any kind of boost.

My idea is to add a new item to the game which will be called 'Awakened' Korasi. Mary would need to recolour it a little bit (make it a bit brighter and shinier while adding a touch of blue, red and green).

Why will this new weapon be strong? Because you will need 3 "ingredients" as well as the original korasi sword + 99 smithing to make this new weapon.
The ingredients will be the three crystals - red, ice, and nature (which are a great addition to the game) :) .

Once you awaken the sword, it will have increased requirements to wield (80-85 attack, strenght and magic). This sword will fit the role of having a melee weapon that is only used for its special ability (like claws were used before its nerfs).

The new sword will be a 1 handed weapon, will have very high magic accuracy, attack and strength bonus. However the normal max hit will be low (around 55) in the beast gear. The special attack though will be the best special attack emps-world will have so far.
By using 60% of your special attack bar, it will perfom a guaranteed powerful hit that deals between 75% and 150% magic damage of your current max hit.

Max hit 55: 41-83
Max hit 54: 41-81
Max hit 53: 40-80
Max hit 52: 39-78
Max hit 51: 38-77
Max hit 50: 38-75

As you can see, the max hit of its special attack degrades very fast the lower your actual max hit is.

Additional information:
- Fusing 'awakened' korasi makes it untradable (you will actually need 99 smithing to make it).
- 'awakened' korasi will have the highest value making sure it protects over everything (you have to wear and risk the best armour for the high hits anyways).
- 'awakened' korasi will have 1000-1500 charges which degrade each time you use your special ability.
- Upon death (not protecting),running out of charges or destroying it, the sword splits into korasi's sword and 2 out of the 3 crystals you have used to awaken it.

The second part of this thread contains the currently weak melee pvp items vesta's longsword, vesta's spear and statius' warhammer.

I do not recall the current special attacks, but I have heard they are very weak (weak is defined as max hit + accuracy).

There is just 1 small change you have to make to these 3 items:

Vesta's Longsword:
- Increase its accuracy and power when using the special attack (making it slightly more accurate than a godsword).

Vesta's spear:
- Increase its accuracy when using the special attack (making it slightly more accurate than a godsword).

Statius' Warhammer:
- Increase its accuracy when using the special attack (making it slightly more accurate than a godsword).
- The special attack (50% cost) lowers the enemy's defence by 20%.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:37:18 pm by Eddie1408 »
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2, Yaz, Ledomy10

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Awakened' Korasi (New Item) and melee PvP item changes
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 02:18:24 pm »
Can't agree more.

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 02:35:13 pm »
You mean the crystals dropped by tormented demons or new ones?
I don't understand

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 02:36:24 pm »

Vesta's spear:
- Increase its accuracy when using the special attack (making it more accurate than a godsword).

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/lNUh0uV

I like all of these ideas, it's a sink for crystals, and it gives korasi a use, although it seems overpowered asf.

I think the original korasi should be lost on death to sink korasi's.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:43:48 pm by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 02:54:47 pm »
For starters, it would def. sink Godswords. Nobody or less people would use them in PvP situations.
For Vesta's Spear, Longsword and Statius Warhammer. Buff accuracy? Good luck, Disagree as well.
As for, for other changes, I don't see why it is needed, they are good the way they are right now. I'm not pker, maybe, that's why I disagree with most of your points.

Offline Eddie1408

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 03:18:39 pm »
I don't understand

i mean the ones that go for 50ish mils and that lets you enchant your whips -> awakened korasi will be actually expensive.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 03:37:56 pm »
I don't understand

i mean the ones that go for 50ish mils and that lets you enchant your whips -> awakened korasi will be actually expensive.
People won't put 3 crystals worth 150m on a 6m korasi
they would just use a godsword

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 03:42:16 pm »
Maybe dagannoth kings each drop 1 of three items required for korasi, don't like the idea to re-use the crystals for even more items, but the concept can be used elsewhere.
Or another pair of 3 NPCs.

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 04:20:18 pm »
I'd rather have the korasi buffed and properly being implemented than this awakened korasi, but it doesn't necessarily sound bad.
All this 'more accurate than a godsword' stuff is pretty vague to me, like slightly more accurate, significantly more accurate or out of this universe more accurate, pls explain. Swh spec already lowers def and stuff.

Buffing corrupt weapon accuracy ever so slightly would also give pures a bit of variation.

As far as obtaining it goes, I don't think the crystals fit too much, that'd be way too expensive for a spec weapon. Korasi should be removed from the pest control shop and be obtained by upgrading a decorative sword. The upgrade materials could be from the pest queen boss (originally from barbarian assault minigame, but can be located elsewhere). It could also drop void deflector (void shield), which would be a hybrid shield.
;

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 04:25:56 pm »
I'd rather have the korasi buffed and properly being implemented than this awakened korasi, but it doesn't necessarily sound bad.
All this 'more accurate than a godsword' stuff is pretty vague to me, like slightly more accurate, significantly more accurate or out of this universe more accurate, pls explain. Swh spec already lowers def and stuff.

Buffing corrupt weapon accuracy ever so slightly would also give pures a bit of variation.

As far as obtaining it goes, I don't think the crystals fit too much, that'd be way too expensive for a spec weapon. Korasi should be removed from the pest control shop and be obtained by upgrading a decorative sword. The upgrade materials could be from the pest queen boss (originally from barbarian assault minigame, but can be located elsewhere). It could also drop void deflector (void shield), which would be a hybrid shield.
Accuracy higher than a godsword for a onehanded weapon would only count if you keep arcane and/or ddef added accuracy in mind, or it would be incredibly op

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!
The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Eddie1408

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 04:36:31 pm »
I don't understand

People won't put 3 crystals worth 150m on a 6m korasi
they would just use a godsword

everybody knows korasi sucks right now.. the awakening is what turns a bad weapon into a good weapon. but of course the awakening shouldnt be for free and those crystals came in handy because they are worth alot.

of course not everybody can afford it (ingredients are expensive + skill requirement to fuse), but the ones who can, surely will.

See, even you say "they would just use a godsword".. why? because there is no other option than using a godsword at high levels.

Zuriels staff is also expensive and it is strong. Power has its cost. So will enchanting the sword have.

Maybe dagannoth kings each drop 1 of three items required for korasi, don't like the idea to re-use the crystals for even more items, but the concept can be used elsewhere.
Or another pair of 3 NPCs.

I chose crystals because they have more uses than just using it for the awakening. You can also enchant your whips and elemental bows, which makes them very popular for a big group of people. It is the same for godsword shards... you can make a blade which can be used to make 4 different godswords.

Adding new ingredients will be only interesting for people who only want this sword and there won't be that many due to the smithing requirement.
Not to mention that it will be harder to sell the new ingredients...

Just my opinion though.

Buffing the korasi and making it a strong weapon is fine by me.. if there only weren't all the people who obtained this sword already... resulting in giving them figuratively hundreds of millions for free (exaggerating abit).

About the accuracy of pvp items:
Let's say armadyl godsword special attack is the basis (100%)

vesta's longsword would have (110%) accuracy and (85-95%) strength.
vesta's spear would have (110%) accuracy and (110%) strength.
statius' warhammer would have 110% accuracy and (70-85%) strength.

I do not know the max hits at the moment but the only weapons outdamaging ags should be v spear and korasi with vls being the 3rd strongest weapon.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 07:40:23 pm »
Buffing the korasi and making it a strong weapon is fine by me.. if there only weren't all the people who obtained this sword already... resulting in giving them figuratively hundreds of millions for free (exaggerating abit).
Could give it multiple stages and make it tradable at the last, and make the current one an early stage.
;

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 08:01:24 pm »
Tbh change the current mechanics of the korasi specs should do just fine. Right now the max hit is determined by your melee strength, whilst the accuracy is based on your magic attack rating vs your opponents magic defense rating. By changing the accuracy component to; your melee attack rating vs opponents magic defense rating it becomes a very accurate sword vs melee gear and a decently accurate sword vs mage gear. It already hits quite high so no need to change that.
The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 08:23:51 pm »
Tbh change the current mechanics of the korasi specs should do just fine. Right now the max hit is determined by your melee strength, whilst the accuracy is based on your magic attack rating vs your opponents magic defense rating. By changing the accuracy component to; your melee attack rating vs opponents magic defense rating it becomes a very accurate sword vs melee gear and a decently accurate sword vs mage gear. It already hits quite high so no need to change that.

Now if only melee armor didn't give magic defense ._.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 10:28:19 pm »
Oh and this new korasi would be op af tbh. The way you described it, it will have a guaranteed 33% chance to deal 68-82 damage (in max gear ofc).
Pages: 1 2