The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Jimmyb13

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
  • Emps player since 2008
    • View Profile
[Moneymaking] Logs and Planks
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:30:18 am »
    This is a moneymaking guide that doesn't necessarily need any requirements to do it, I recommend you watch youtube or a movie while doing this. The money from this guide is in logs and planks, you'll need to sell them.

Requirements: Skills you'll get exp in:

Inventory examples:
Setup/Inventory (lvl 1):                                                              Setup/Inventory (lvl 61+):

Quick side note: Camelot teleports are not necesarry, using the lvl 45 magic teleport to camelot is perfectly fine too (and if you are going to use this, I recommend you wear an air staff for less rune consumption)

Places/gear you should switch to when you've reached a certain level:
  • Lvl 1 Bronze Hatchet + logs
  • Lvl 15 Black Hatchet + Oak Logs
  • Lvl 35 Adamant Hatchet + Teak Logs
  • Lvl 61 Dragon Hatchet + Mahogany Logs
The higher lvl you reach the faster you can cut lower lvl trees, this means that sometimes it's more efficient to keep chopping for example: Teak logs with a rune hatchet at lvl 45.
The best hatchet to chop trees in the game currently is the Dragon Hatchet , its special attack which costs 25% special attack power will cut 2 logs instead of 1. While using the Dragon Hatchet I recommend you get the Ring of vigour , this ring reduces the special attack power you use by 10% each cast.
So lets say the special attack costs 25% it will then use 22.5%.

Location/process (lvl 1):
You're gonna chop the trees at Barbarian village.
Using the teleport in the quest tab,chopping trees, banking at the general store and then walking back to the trees is a fast and good way to go about your runs.
O = Tree spot
O = Bank spot

Location/process (lvl 15):
You're gonna chop the oak trees south of Barbarian village.
Using the teleport in the quest tab,chopping trees, banking at the general store and then walking back south to the trees is a fast and good way to go about your runs.
O = Tree spot
O = Bank spot

Location/process (lvl 35)
You're gonna chop the teak trees at Catherby.
Using the Camelot teleport   or lvl 45 magic teleport,chopping teak trees at the fishing spots, banking and then walking back to the trees is a fast and good way to go about your runs.
O = Tree spot
O = Bank spot

Location/process (lvl 61):
You're gonna chop Mahogany trees at Camelot
Using the Camelot teleport or the lvl 45 magic teleport spell, chopping Mahogany trees and banking is a fast and good way to go about your runs.
O = Tree spot
O = Bank spot

Turning into planks:
-->
Logs right now are in such high demand because of the upcoming release of the Construction skill, so making the logs into planks will ensure faster selling and higher prices. (Strongly recommended but takes time!)

To turn your logs into planks, you'll have to walk to the Sawnmill Operator with your planks and some coins (I recommend you take 100-250k coins with you so you dont have to refill every trip).
At the Sawnmill operator you press ''Buy-Plank'' and your logs have been turned into planks, after that I would highly recommend using Varrock teleport, you can set it as home teleport in barbarian village by talking with fishmonger.

That means you teleport to Varrock, you pick up the logs make them into planks and teleport back to Varrock, as this route is actually bit shorter than running back from sawmill to the bank.

O = Operator
O = Bank
--> = Route

Log prices credit to Skill0wzer
  • Logs  = 100gp to make into plank.
  • Oak logs  = 150gp to make into plank.
  • Teak logs  = 250gp to make into plank.
  • Mahogany logs  = 500gp to make into plank.

Notes:
Statistics below are done with lvl 80 woodcutting and Dragon hatchet(no special attack)

Amount of exp per hour:
  • Logs = 123.816 exp
  • Oak logs = 232.650 exp
  • Teak logs = 554.400 exp
  • Mahogany logs = 604.800 exp
Amount of runs and logs per hour:
  • Logs = 66 runs - 1848 logs
  • Oak logs = 55 runs - 1551 logs
  • Teak logs = 60 runs - 1680 logs
  • Mahogany logs = 51 runs - 1440 logs

This is the end of my first moneymaking guide. Feel free to give feedback, and feel free to give the post a thank too :3[/list]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:26:19 am by Jimmyb13 »
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Mikeelvis, Charr, Saif Nawaf, S Clegane

Offline Mikeelvis

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
  • Emps player since ~2008
    • View Profile
Re: [Monekymaking] Chopping trees
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 12:10:15 pm »
Great guide, I'm sure lots of people will use and enjoy it. It's comfortable to read, every step is well explained and it gives low-level players and players who don't have millions on their bank the opportunity to make some cash and enjoy the "rich Emps life" ;)
Well done!
I hated every minute of training, but I said; "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
~The Greatest Of All Time
~Muhammad Ali
The following users liked this post: Jimmyb13

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 12:21:45 pm »
Check your title, I assume you didn't mean it to be monkeymaking guide

This guide is lacking.
  • You should've mentioned construction's release. That's why the logs are important.
  • Also players could make these into planks, which are wanted even more compared to logs.
  • Cutting speed being affected by the difference of requirement and level goes unmentioned.
  • Oak and Teak trees, their spots etc are missing.
  • The exact tree spots on the map and the most effective routes go unmentioned.
  • Using teletabs for mahogany logs is costly. Using runes is cheaper, but compared to log prices, banking in Seers' village's bank would be wiser.
  • Guide is missing how many logs per hour you get, current prices or links to their GE plots.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:28:54 pm by Magecrune »

Offline Jimmyb13

• +0/-0
  • Emps player since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 12:30:24 pm »
Check your title, I assume you didn't meant it to be monkeymaking guide

This guide is lacking.
  • You should've mentioned construction's release. That's why the logs are important.
  • Also you should've mentioned that players could make these into planks, which are wanted even more compared to logs.
  • Cutting speed being affected by the difference of requirement and level goes unmentioned.
  • Using teletabs for mahogany logs is costly. Using runes is cheaper, but compared to log prices, banking in Seers' village's bank would be wiser.
  • Guide is lacking how many logs per hour you get, current prices or links to their GE plots.

Forgot to mention construction, planks is not necessary since the logs themselves sell just fine.(I do agree with you though)
Cutting speed being affected by level is common sense so don't feel like putting that down.
teletabs are costy but easier to take from bank so you'll still have that quick 28 inventory slot.
How many logs per hour is very difficult to put down since, like you said there is difference in level and gear.
Personally I don't like putting down prices since prices change a lot.

I do agree with you that I'm missing some content towards processing them to planks and oak/maple/teak trees spots.
which I'll be adding later

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 12:47:32 pm »
Cutting speed being affected by level is common sense so don't feel like putting that down.
Trust me, it's not.
teletabs are costy but easier to take from bank so you'll still have that quick 28 inventory slot.
Still works if you place law runes and a hatchet near the "bank all" button (you should be wearing Elemental staff; if you don't have the staff, wear the hatchet and place laws and airs near the button). This method is basically as quick as yours. You'll be losing one inventory space, but imo Camelot tabs are worth more.
How many logs per hour is very difficult to put down since, like you said there is difference in level and gear.
It's not hard at all. All you have to do is time your actions and calculate the xp/h. It won't take much, even if you do it for all kinds of trees with various methods. Bear in mind that those calculations are only true, if a person can hold that efficiency. In most cases it will drop over time, so use "up to x xp/h" as a template.
As far as the methods etc are concerned, I'd assume that the difference is 20+ levels and you're using the most efficient routes, places and ways of banking. In cases like your current mahogany examples, bring alternatives for a good comparison.
Personally I don't like putting down prices since prices change a lot.
GE plots show the daily average of GE transactions, so you can freely use them without worrying about the fluctuations in price.

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 02:01:37 pm »
Check your title, I assume you didn't mean it to be monkeymaking guide

This guide is lacking.
  • Also players could make these into planks, which are wanted even more compared to logs.
  • Guide is missing how many logs per hour you get, current prices or links to their GE plots.
what he said
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Jimmyb13

• +0/-0
  • Emps player since 2008
    • View Profile
Re: [Monekymaking] Logs and Planks (updated)
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 02:03:44 pm »
I've updated the guide

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 02:13:13 pm »
I've already given some feedback talking with you ingame. Magecrune also did a good job of providing feedback. I'll just leave how to make lists on the post like you asked me to.

Code: [Select]
[list]
[li]Text sample 1[/li]
[li]Text sample 2[/li]
[/list]

This would show up as:
  • Text sample 1
  • Text sample 2
;

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 08:05:59 pm »
Requirements:
what a shame, guess it doesn't work for me then because i have 99 woodcutting :S :S

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 09:53:30 pm »
To turn your logs into planks, you'll have to walk to the Sawnmill Operator with your planks and some coins (I recommend you take 100k coins with you so you dont have to refill every trip).
At the Sawnmill operator you press ''Buy-Plank'' and your logs has been turned into planks, after that you walk back to the bank and repeat.

Way there = red
way back = blue

When it comes to making planks I would highly recommend using Varrock teleport, you can set it as home teleport in barbarian village by talking with fishmonger.

That means you teleport to Varrock, you pick up the logs make them into planks and teleport back to Varrock, as this route is actually bit shorter than running back from sawmill to the bank. I'm surprised that it wasn't mentioned here, as I saw Magecrune doing over 80k planks like this and also many other players have implemented it.

But I took the time to calculate the cost and profits from making all kinds of planks.
  • Logs = 100gp to make into plank.
  • Oak logs = 150gp to make into plank.
  • Teak logs = 250gp to make into plank.
  • Mahogany logs = 500gp to make into plank.

Taking into consideration of current plank prices the results are:
  • = 2k ea means you are selling them for 1.9k ea and the profit from 1000 planks would be 1.9m
  • = 3k ea means you are selling them for 2.85k ea and the profit from 1000 planks would be 2.85m
  • = 5k ea means you are selling them for 4.75k ea and the profit from 1000 planks would be 4.75m
  • = 6k ea means you are selling them for 5.5k ea and the profit from 1000 planks would be 5.5m
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:34:42 am by Skill0wzer »
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 10:23:35 pm »
When it comes to making planks I would highly recommend using Varrock teleport, if you have elemental staff you'll be needing only law runes.
There is absolutely no need for this, you can set your home teleport to varrock by talking to the fishmonger in barbarian village.
;
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Il Skill L

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 06:35:09 am »
When it comes to making planks I would highly recommend using Varrock teleport, if you have elemental staff you'll be needing only law runes.
There is absolutely no need for this, you can set your home teleport to varrock by talking to the fishmonger in barbarian village.

I updated my statement, thank you for pointing it out.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Jimmyb13

• +0/-0
  • Emps player since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 10:02:36 am »
When it comes to making planks I would highly recommend using Varrock teleport, you can set it as home teleport in barbarian village by talking with fishmonger.

That means you teleport to Varrock, you pick up the logs make them into planks and teleport back to Varrock, as this route is actually bit shorter than running back from sawmill to the bank. I'm surprised that it wasn't mentioned here, as I saw Magecrune doing over 80k planks like this and also many other players have implemented it.

But I took the time to calculate the cost and profits from making all kinds of planks.
  • Logs = 100gp to make into plank.
  • Oak logs = 150gp to make into plank.
  • Teak logs = 250gp to make into plank.
  • Mahogany logs = 500gp to make into plank.

I've added the information and reworked the 'logs into planks' part too.
Thank you for the feedback
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [Moneymaking] Logs and Planks
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 11:08:20 am »
I see this guide helpful, for some beginners who wants to get cash to start on.

Overall ill give it 9/10
  • Good amount of information
  • Well design
  • Simple
  • Perfectly arranged

Thank you for the guide and we hope to see more from you :)
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
Re: [Moneymaking] Logs and Planks
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 09:33:51 pm »
I would change the oak logs to rimmington a lot closer to the bank, 3 trees right behind bank building, just a small suggestion to make it faster again
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Pages: 1 2