The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
Ice strykewyrm guide
« on: November 11, 2015, 05:54:03 pm »
This guide is going to involve how to find Ice strykewyrms, kill them, their drops, and more. Ice strykewyrms are most known for dropping Steadfast, Glaiven, and Ragefire boots.

Requirements:
  • Active memerbship.
  • 87 slayer.
  • Atleast 75 in all combat stats including prayer.
  • 89 Magic (if you want to use the Ice plateau teleport).

Gear:
The best way to kill Ice strykewyms is with magic or range because you can move a step away from them when killing them and then you'll only be attacked with magic, instead of melee and magic. Whether you use magic or range use the piety prayer for whichever combat style you are using. If you're to range or mage them you barely have to bring any food because you just need to step a safe distance away and turn on protect from magic and they RARELY hit you. If you're confused on the part when taking a "step away" I am going to explain it in depth later. Ice strykewyrms are level 210 with 174 hitpoints. They can only be killed with 87 slayer, like I said above and can be received as a task from Vannaka and Duradel and give 1,218 xp per kill for slayer.

Range: The laws, astrals, and water runes are for the Ice Plateau teleport. So, if you aren't using that teleport method you don't need to bring them. I used two different gear sets, a cheaper one and a more expensive one. The Armadyl set does better because it has a higher defense rate against magic so they hit even less, but the void is still a really good set to use.

Magic: You can use many different spells on Ice strykewyrms but the one I found most successful that didn't require either a Rod of Ivandis or a Zuriel staff was Blood barrage because it would hit consistently and would also gain you hitpoints if you needed it. Just like in the range gear the battle robes have a higher defensive magic bonus so you will get hit less, but the void works really well also.

Melee: Melee is the least effcient way to kill them because you can't kill as many in a inventory because the Ice strykewyrms will be attacking you with melee and magic. However, if you really wanted to use melee and didn't care about your weapon of choice use a Dragon Halberd and take a step away from the strykewyrms when attacking them because a Halberd can hit from an extra space away and also has a really powerful special against Larger Monsters. You'll see in my inventory I bring a Halberd anyways, that is because I like the special attack because it only uses 33% of power and I've hit up to a 42-38 with it on Ice strykewyrms.

Strategies: When you first enter the cave you'll see mounds moving across the floor, these are the Ice strykewyrms. In order to attack them you need to right click and click "investigate". Ice strykewyrms do burrow themselves at random times and when they do this they go underground and reappear anywhere in the cave. When they do this make sure you are a few steps back because once they pop up from under the ground they can deal heavy damage to you. After they reappear, you can start attacking them again.

Following that the Ice strykewyrm will appear and start attacking you, make sure you are using protect from Magic otherwise it will pull to a 30 and will hit constantly.

If you're using range or magic, which I highly suggest, once you investigate the mound step back a few steps that way the Ice strykewyrm can only use magic on you. Look at the picture below if you're confused.

Locations:
Ice strykewrms are found West from Frozen Waste Plateau, which is in 56 wilderness and goes up to 59 wilderness until you enter the cave. You can access in two different ways. The first way I am going to show you is by using the Kolodion teleport located in Edgeville just West of the bank, which is pictured below. I would highly suggest bring High Alchemy runes so you can alch some of the rune and dragons items.

Once there talk to him he will ask if you want to be teleported to the Mage bank, say yes. Once you have been teleported there pull the lever on the South wall. Look at the picture below if their is confusion.

Once you have pulled the lever follow the picture below to get to the cave.
CAUTION: There is a Wildy Wyrm located just outside the mage bank teleport so make sure you turn on protect from magic when running past it.

The second Way to get to the Strykewyrms requires 89 magic and the Lunar Spell book activated. The spell you're going to be using is Ice Plateau Teleport. It requires 3 astral runes, 3 law runes, and 8 water runes.

This teleport will place you just outside the Wilderness course, which you run by when using the Kolodion teleport. Follow the map below if you're confused.

Drop Table: Ice strykewyrms do have a relatively small drop table, but every drop they have is worth picking up and either high alching, like the rune armour, dragon mace, and dragon med helm.

That concludes this guide, I hope you all find it helpful. I've been killing a large handful of these hoping for some steadfast boot drops. Hope to see you all there! You're feedback is highly welcomed, so please leave some!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:08:31 pm by Callmedragon »
The following users liked this post: Darkzog, Skillz Purez, Ledomy10, Blue Bird, R I P, Selene Gomez, Ironman Jack

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
Re: Ice strykewrm guide
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 07:16:19 pm »
Nice guide Dylan, well done! There are a few small things which would improve it a little bit.  ;D

- Ragefire Boots have better stats than Battle Robe Boots.
- Bringing a Saradomin Godsword will greatly improve the length of you trip.
- If you decide to travel from Mage Arena you are able to bring High Alchemy runes because of the large amount of Rune and Dragon items you will receive.
The following users liked this post: Callmedragon

Offline En3mey

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ex-Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 07:30:04 pm »
Nice man, I like it, i'm ready to use it, but when I get the time for it :doge:

I sell Graphics

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 07:53:26 pm »
Nice guide Dylan, well done! There are a few small things which would improve it a little bit.  ;D

- Ragefire Boots have better stats than Battle Robe Boots.
- Bringing a Saradomin Godsword will greatly improve the length of you trip.
- If you decide to travel from Mage Arena you are able to bring High Alchemy runes because of the large amount of Rune and Dragon items you will receive.
I don't have ragefires and when I made this guide last night it was during the dead time so no one was on that would lend them to me for a quick screenshot.
I briefly included the High Alch at the end of the guide then realized I should've mentioned it more in depth earlier in the guide. Thank you for the feedback though.  :) I'm working on editing those things now.
The following users liked this post: Darkzog, Tomtim1

Offline R I P

• Liked: 55 times
  • +0/-0
  • For those I love I will sacrifice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 03:46:00 am »
Great guide, I agree with the SGS suggestion although not many players have access to all of the expensive items.  I like that the void is included for those same players that have limited resources.

Good job.
ING: R (Space Space) I (Space Space) P
Purple since January 2016

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 05:20:02 am »
Great guide, I agree with the SGS suggestion although not many players have access to all of the expensive items.  I like that the void is included for those same players that have limited resources.

Good job.
Yeah the SGS would have to be added into the more "expensive" melee set. Thanks for the feedback.
The following users liked this post: Darkzog, R I P

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 09:29:12 am »

Good job.
Yeah the SGS would have to be added into the more "expensive" melee set. Thanks for the feedback.
I used it when I attacked them with Range and Magic aswell, because it is so powerfull that it still works quite well.

Btw, as for the Ragefire Boots part. I meant including them in the Battle Robe Set and not the Void set, but nevermind. :-X

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 01:10:03 pm »
Great guide Dylan!

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 06:50:24 pm »
  • Active membership is a requirement, may not be that obvious to some people
  • Some of the pictures are miniscule while others are way too big, please ajust the sizes accordingly
  • Some english nazi-ing which I will send you in a private message
Aside from that, it's a fine guide.
;
The following users liked this post: Beershake

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 08:00:30 pm »
  • Active membership is a requirement, may not be that obvious to some people
  • Some of the pictures are miniscule while others are way too big, please ajust the sizes accordingly
  • Some english nazi-ing which I will send you in a private message
Aside from that, it's a fine guide.
The pictures will be worked on tonight.
The following users liked this post: Darkzog

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 08:01:03 pm »
Very good, needed one
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
Re: Ice strykewyrm guide
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 05:54:27 am »
Great guide, Dylan! Will follow it any time soon. :)

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Skillz Purez

• Liked: 486 times
  • +0/-0
  • What defies us is how well we rise after falling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 07:15:59 am »
Looks good, Dylan!
Contains all the important information. Now i surely know where to send beginners incase they need some guideance on killing Ice strykeywyrms.
(Thanks Bluestorm for the sexy siggy)

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 12:57:13 pm »
Very nice guide. If I can give you a hint, I bring always SGS with me for restoring my hp and prayer points even when I am with ranged or magic.
Good work :)

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 05:17:25 pm »
Very nice guide. If I can give you a hint, I bring always SGS with me for restoring my hp and prayer points even when I am with ranged or magic.
Good work :)
I didn't, and still don't have an SGS and never got around to asking to borrow someone's. I need to though, thanks for the suggestion!
The following users liked this post: Darkzog, Ironman Jack
Pages: 1 2