The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: spells aint work...
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 03:12:59 pm »
Imo it's fine as it is. Those mager campers dont need to be more op. They bind you, and then they hit constant 30+'s with Zuriel staff through mage pray, and now you want bind to work 100% of time? Too bad if you splash few times. If i use melee, i sometimes hit 0's too. See the similarity?
Zuriels max through prayer is around 30.
The chances of you splashing are big, I splashed 8times in a row on a full dh dude with maxed out magic set (used zuriels staff)
Just now I was fighting a guy with karils hood and  skirts, black d hide body, he was anti mage praying I was anti range parying.
I had maxed out magic set(zuriels , mage t and all that crap).
My tb splashed 4times.
My zuriels staff splashed 6times in a row, after that I hit once and kept splashing again.
I am not sure but I think he did more dmg to me than I did dmg to him eventually.
Now tell me how can a 200m armour be worse than a 5m armour?

That's how the combat triangle works. Melee > ranged > magic > melee
8times splash on dh is a bit too much, don't you think?

That's no different than 8 0's with a whip against zuriels and mele protect.
That's how the combat triangle works. Melee > ranged > magic > melee.
According to this quote this shouldn't happen this often

So defence should be made useless?

Repeating what I said earlier: Try some switching to range or melee and use special attacks on your opponents.

Offline Fireblast12

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 03:17:11 pm »
Imo it's fine as it is. Those mager campers dont need to be more op. They bind you, and then they hit constant 30+'s with Zuriel staff through mage pray, and now you want bind to work 100% of time? Too bad if you splash few times. If i use melee, i sometimes hit 0's too. See the similarity?
The chances of you splashing are big, I splashed 8times in a row on a full dh dude with maxed out magic set (used zuriels staff)
Just now I was fighting a guy with karils hood and  skirts, black d hide body, he was anti mage praying I was anti range parying.
My tb splashed 4times.
My zuriels staff splashed 6times in a row, after that I hit once and kept splashing again.
I am not sure but I think he did more dmg to me than I did dmg to him eventually.

That's how the combat triangle works. Melee > ranged > magic > melee
8times splash on dh is a bit too much, don't you think?

That's no different than 8 0's with a whip against zuriels and mele protect.
That's how the combat triangle works. Melee > ranged > magic > melee.
According to this quote this shouldn't happen this often

So defence should be made useless?

Repeating what I said earlier: Try some switching to range or melee and use special attacks on your opponents.
I brid aswell, with max range gear and max mage gear (zuriels-morrigans).
the accuracy of javelins fails you sometimes and when it hits shit you gotta switch back to mage to keep em from running, and guess what, 5splashes enemy is gone.

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Offline Ekke

• Liked: 94 times
  • +0/-0
  • The inquisitive
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 04:02:36 pm »
How come you compare tb/entagle with melee hitting? Tb/entagle are used for the EFFECT, melee hitting is for DAMAGE.

Otto, your ranged "chasing" statement made 0 sense. Magic has always been used for chasing, ranged never.
Try different styles? That's called bridding, where you have max 6 food in inv, you're not going to team pk with that.

How about you guys stop defending "innocent pvmers"? This topic is about making pking more smooth.
Yes, there are some pvmers in wildy, but they never risk anything, most of the times they are offed.

As I said before, it is way too easy to escape a mager, even just by randomly running towards low lvl wildy. System makes it impossible to chase - you splash once and enemy is out of reach.

Ranged outdamages magic easily - the triangle. Effect spells are not damage, they should not fail so often.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 04:43:36 pm »
Magic has always been used for chasing, ranged never.

Exactly. Why should one style be even MORE superior to the others than it already is?

That's called bridding, where you have max 6 food in inv

It's not like the people in full dragon are going to kill you, or even attack you. Also, void: you'll have to switch 2 items.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:45:36 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Back At It

• Liked: 75 times
  • +0/-0
  • Time Zone: CST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 04:55:25 pm »
How come you compare tb/entagle with melee hitting? Tb/entagle are used for the EFFECT, melee hitting is for DAMAGE.

Otto, your ranged "chasing" statement made 0 sense. Magic has always been used for chasing, ranged never.
Try different styles? That's called bridding, where you have max 6 food in inv, you're not going to team pk with that.

How about you guys stop defending "innocent pvmers"? This topic is about making pking more smooth.
Yes, there are some pvmers in wildy, but they never risk anything, most of the times they are offed.

As I said before, it is way too easy to escape a mager, even just by randomly running towards low lvl wildy. System makes it impossible to chase - you splash once and enemy is out of reach.

Ranged outdamages magic easily - the triangle. Effect spells are not damage, they should not fail so often.

Entangle isn't necessarily used for only the effect as ive seen it hit over 30. (But that's a whole conversation itself)

I think why i'm comparing them is because this isn't specific towards the effect of the spells. The real complaint is that the effect doesn't hit often enough for them to have enough damage output before the enemy escapes. I'm afraid that if entangle and tb were buffed, it would be next to impossible to escape seeing as how the zuriels staff or rod attacks have the ability to hit 30+ constantly through prayer. Being bound for 15 seconds with no ability to teleport and taking constant damage is already overpowered when it happens, and buffing them would only make it worse.

As a counter, I would suggest buffing the entangle/tb spells effect accuracy and also nerfing how hard and accurately rod/zuriels staff hits through prayer.

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 07:14:44 pm »
My tb splashed 4times.
I've been attacked more than enough in wild. I use 3rd range, and i no one has never splashed me more than twice in a row. And, 3rd range has damn high mage protect. And yes, i was using mage protect. Mage is fucking OP, you really shouldnt cry.

Offline Hayden

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 07:09:09 am »
Says it's deep wilderness pking, obviously they are killing people in the wilderness that are pvming/slaying.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 07:49:44 am »
I have an update ready that may 'change' this issue a little. Magic 0 hits are always defined as splashes. With the next update a magic 0 hit will be a splash or a real 0 hit, which triggers effects.
The following users liked this post: King125, 66destroyer3, Back At It

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 08:33:22 am »
I have an update ready that may 'change' this issue a little. Magic 0 hits are always defined as splashes. With the next update a magic 0 hit will be a splash or a real 0 hit, which triggers effects.

Now please, add a consistent way of freezing to melee and range users as well. It makes no sense that magers are able to deal equal DPS AND freeze opponents infinitely as well.

Offline Superkettu1

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 12:52:26 pm »
Says it's deep wilderness pking, obviously they are killing people in the wilderness that are pvming/slaying.

ofc?? i kill pvmers but aswell other pkers in wild.. who u think i kill? giants&unicorns?  ???

Offline Back At It

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 01:57:15 pm »

I didn't even think of this being the issue. I think this will help a lot and make the pvp players happy while not causing too terribly much chaos for the pvm players. Good work!

Offline Fireblast12

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 03:13:38 pm »
Yesterday I was pissed off , the forums were offline so I couldn't post this.
At wyrm there was a guy with full dragon and he had claws in his inventory (had a skull aswell).
So I attacked him(full zuriels, mage pots, prayer etc).
I splashed my bind 3times in a row, my tb splashed 3times aswell.
My 4th tb succeeded and he was tbed.
So he just turned and started running to agi course, while he was running to agi course I splashed 2times(bind).
I could get one bind on him right before the agi course.
My zuriels staff splashed 2times while I tried to aa.
Then he started running again. I again splashed 2times and he could get away by swinging on the rope and falling into the safe zone cos he failed the rope skin.
Now, I was risking 200m+, I was fully potted and had max stats I could get for mage.
He had an armour of 1m and could just ignore my presence because I couldn't do shit against him, I think he even could 1vs1 me if he didn't run.
Is that fair? How can you even say that magic is op????
Wilderness is there so people could kill each other, crying about that I kill pvmers is crap because those pvmers have been warned that entering the wilderness is dangerous and on your own risk.
You guys never pked, never tried it and yet you give the comments about how normal mage is and how bad we , pvpers, are crying about the shitty accuracy.

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Offline Estpure16

• Liked: 592 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 03:26:59 pm »
Dragon armor is the problem here. It has way too high magic defence.

Offline Back At It

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 04:00:21 pm »
Not sure that you have a completely valid argument. Yesterday I was in the wild as well with the following gear:

Nezzy
str ammy
obby cape
torso
karils skirt
dragon sq
barrow gloves
stone
dragon boots

I saw a guy wearing battle robe top and bottom with a rod and not much else on. (maybe a cape and gloves)

I attacked him. He used protect from mele, i used protect from mage. I was fully potted and using prayer and rarely hit. All the while he was hitting me constantly with rod. I used an entire inventory of food before he used 5. I ended up having to run back and have a team help me just so that I didn't die.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 02:57:15 am »
I guess it sucks when you solo high wild, but I don't understand people who solo high wild. Really I do it rarely, and it's risky.
We don't have pack yacks etc so going solo is quite risky, just get someone to tb and you freeze it works 100% time.  ;) ;)

I dont have much to contribute to the topic other than that, haven't done that shit for a long time. But I guess bind fails too much.
Pages: 1 2 3