The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Spectrals and dyes
« on: October 25, 2017, 07:43:27 am »
So spectrals drop table is really lacking. They're harder to kill than K'ril or Kree for example and require more attention + are located in the wildy. I suggest reworking their common drop table.

Also dying max cape should dye the hood aswell? Yes/no?

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Spectrals and dyes
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 10:44:45 am »
Spectral droptable and slayer points too, you get like 779 slayer points for killing 50 spectrals.

herbs should be atleast 5+ and noted (kinda pointless to have non-noted herb drops in deep wild)

Imo adamant and basic runes should be removed entirely and removed with something else.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:02:12 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2, Earl, Tomtim1, Ameer

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 11:27:28 am »
I actually have an idea to add more value to nex armours by removing pvl armour bonuses out of wildy. To sum it up the only place where you would be using these armours would be wildy which was the initial intent. Right now they offer a cheap alternative to nex armours and cheaper to repair. Of course the reward for pking a pvp armour piece needs to be modified in that case as well. For that i had some kind of currency in mind that would work for an upcoming pvp shop but the system would need to be built on the fact that dying with these armours would add some serious penalties or consequences for your account. So you'd rather only want to win fights in that armour. Anyway this is just a little something i see would be nice for wildy and spectrals.

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 02:43:28 pm »
I feel that the spectral drop table is fine. They drop the best gear for pures and the 2nd best gear in the game yet, nerfing them would be great since we have one world now and its easier to get caught by pkers.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:46:46 pm by Saif Nawaf »
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 04:11:43 pm »
Spectral drops are decent, giving you can make profit in long run. Guess some people just know how to utilize supplies while pvming them. Don't mind about dye on hoods as well as capes.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:11:48 pm by Wg »

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 05:15:52 pm »
Spectral droptable and slayer points too, you get like 779 slayer points for killing 50 spectrals.

herbs should be atleast 5+ and noted (kinda pointless to have non-noted herb drops in deep wild)

Imo adamant and basic runes should be removed entirely and removed with something else.

Removing runes and Addy drops sounds good. Those drops are completely useless and disappointing to see, because when you see them you know you just wasted time and supplies. Kind of like how we used to get barbed bolt tips from God wars. It should feel rewarding to kill something with the same hp as a God wars boss, not to mention located in the wilderness near a multi zone, heals itself, and has different attack styles. Replacing the adamant drops with adamant bars, or increasing the amount of runes from a drop would be nice. Noting herbs would be really nice. Especially avantoe, since that herb is the most difficult to get in emps right now, it is only available from a few different monsters, un-noted, and the seeds from pickpocketing farmers, with an extremely low rate. Not to mention that they are needed to create extreme attack potions, and in turn, overloads.

Spectral drops are decent, giving you can make profit in long run. Guess some people just know how to utilize supplies while pvming them. Don't mind about dye on hoods as well as capes.
This suggestion has nothing to do with supplies and managing them, it has to do with the inarguably poor drop table of Spectrals. There is a problem when 60% of the drop table is rare drops (2.5% - 5.0%) and none of them are worth more than even 40k. Hell, the only "rare" drops that are worth anything at all are the rune ones, and those are only 25% of the "Rare drop" table overall, and have a 2.5% droprate, which is shared with the adamant drops.

It can be argued that you will make profit eventually if you fight enough spectrals, but the fact that an inventory of mantas is around 60-70k, maybe more, and depending on your potions, a dose of overload can easily be worth over 100k, and restores are 50k each, you end up with a rather expensive inventory of items, upwards of 200k, that you WILL blow through in a trip, and you walk away with an inventory of random runes, some herbs, and maybe a rune square shield? That's a problem.

Oh, and as I already mentioned, they are near a multi-combat zone in the wilderness, are rather deep in the wilderness, and you can lose your gear + the items you got as drops + all the supplies you went through at any moment. The drop tables should reflect the difficulty and the amount of time spent, as well as the location of monsters.

I actually have an idea to add more value to nex armours by removing pvl armour bonuses out of wildy. To sum it up the only place where you would be using these armours would be wildy which was the initial intent. Right now they offer a cheap alternative to nex armours and cheaper to repair. Of course the reward for pking a pvp armour piece needs to be modified in that case as well. For that i had some kind of currency in mind that would work for an upcoming pvp shop but the system would need to be built on the fact that dying with these armours would add some serious penalties or consequences for your account. So you'd rather only want to win fights in that armour. Anyway this is just a little something i see would be nice for wildy and spectrals.

Oh, and it's hard to find someone who buys any of the so-called "pvp armor" because it's extremely cheap to repair. This means that anyone who needed pvp armor, probably has it already. It's so cheap to repair that none of it is ever removed from the game, since no one actually used it for pvp. The fact that it has massive bonuses outside of the wilderness as well as inside is a little bit odd. There is little to no reward when you kill someone who is wearing it, which makes it really disappointing to fight against because you know the other person has a huge edge and you will get jack diddly for killing them. Ancient energy is hardly worth anything. "pvp armor" is better used outside of the wilderness than inside, which to be honest, is quite silly.

I agree with Martin on this one. The armors should have bonuses removed outside of the wilderness so they are used for their intended purpose and are actually worth pking off of someone.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:49:31 pm by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Zudikas95187

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 05:52:25 pm »
This suggestion has nothing to do with supplies and managing them, it has to do with the inarguably poor drop table of Spectrals. There is a problem when 60% of the drop table is rare drops (2.5% - 5.0%) and none of them are worth more than even 40k. Hell, the only "rare" drops that are worth anything at all are the rune ones, and those are only 25% of the "Rare drop" table overall, and have a 2.5% droprate, which is shared with the adamant drops.

It can be argued that you will make profit eventually if you fight enough spectrals, but the fact that an inventory of mantas is around 60-70k, maybe more, and depending on your potions, a dose of overload can easily be worth over 100k, and restores are 50k each, you end up with a rather expensive inventory of items, upwards of 200k, that you WILL blow through in a trip, and you walk away with an inventory of random runes, some herbs, and maybe a rune square shield? That's a problem.

Oh, and as I already mentioned, they are near a multi-combat zone in the wilderness, are rather deep in the wilderness, and you can lose your gear + the items you got as drops + all the supplies you went through at any moment. The drop tables should reflect the difficulty and the amount of time spent, as well as the location of monsters.

Just letting you know - I'm not the only origin of that opinion
Zuriel still should be more expensive than Virtus or on one par. Considering the danger of getting Zuriel and Virtus.
Yeah dude spectrals are totally more dangerous than Nex. Pures can kill Nex but they sure as hell can't kill spectrals. They also require more supplies and more expensive gear. You're 100% right, prices are completely defined by how something is obtained, how good something is isn't a factor at all. Zuriels should definitely be more expensive than virtus, it's a lot better. Go buy yourself some zuriels today, it's better than battle and 3rd age too.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 05:57:11 pm »

Zuriel still should be more expensive than Virtus or on one par. Considering the danger of getting Zuriel and Virtus.
Yeah dude spectrals are totally more dangerous than Nex. Pures can kill Nex but they sure as hell can't kill spectrals. They also require more supplies and more expensive gear. You're 100% right, prices are completely defined by how something is obtained, how good something is isn't a factor at all. Zuriels should definitely be more expensive than virtus, it's a lot better. Go buy yourself some zuriels today, it's better than battle and 3rd age too.

Charr was being sarcastic. He is saying that Virtus is more expensive than Zuriels because it has better stats, and is harder to obtain. Pures can kill spectrals, they can't kill Nex. Spectrals take less supplies, and less expensive gear than Nex does too. He was trying to make a point that the price of Zuriels and Virtus are vastly different for good reasons.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 07:54:35 pm »
Spectrals are risky to kill, you will have to give them attention and time you will also need to carry good gear. therefore, having them dropping noted Gems, ores, Armour, Herbs, potions, and seeds is not a bad idea; along with Martin's idea which seems perfect.

But do not overdo the drop table since they have decent rare drops and they also drop you Elite clue scroll couple of times.

that's my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 07:59:19 pm by Saif Nawaf »
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 10:28:05 pm »
I am here
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 10:28:48 pm »
So spectrals drop table is really lacking. I suggest reworking their common drop table.
Shouldn't be too bad. Wouldn't mind.

They're harder to kill than K'ril or Kree for example and require more attention + are located in the wildy.
I don't think spectrals are harder to kill than gwd bosses. Wildy is plenty of "difficulty" regardless. If you need to make it harder force people through multi if they want to escape.

Also dying max cape should dye the hood aswell? Yes/no?
Only if a single dye dyes the entire nex set :kappa:

PvP armours aren't a cheap alternative to nex sets, not with their lackluster defensive bonuses and higher overall repair cost. Not to mention that they're lost completely if not protected in PvM. If we could have the ability to somehow turn a large amount of ancient energy into a piece that'd be a way to go, but that might be hard to balance. How would you stop it from becoming a PvM armour and it eating gwd sets' lunch?

Is sarcasm some kind of foreign concept to you?

;
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2, Saif Nawaf

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 10:06:06 am »
you really do lose money while killing them, especially when you have to fight off pkers as well. "losing money" is an understatement in this matter. if you kill them for a like 3-4 days, than maybe you'll make a profit. don't forget you have to take sara brews as well for tanking and they cost around 30-50k each at the moment.

EDIT: so that adds up to around 500-800k lost per trip, depending on what style and what gear you use.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 04:21:50 pm »
Edit: I wouldn't mind reverting Spectrals to their original state where you could camp them with pures ranging from safespot. Would make wilderness a bit lively as well.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 04:53:09 pm »
Edit: I wouldn't mind reverting Spectrals to their original state where you could camp them with pures ranging from safespot. Would make wilderness a bit lively as well.

Pls no. Now they are actually worth killing. Zuriel's staff has doubled in price during the past years, and the items in general are the only ones that arent crashing at the moment. They are still easy as fuck to kill with no food using magic and the profit amazing. Escaping from PKers is easy as long as you arent scared to go in proper gear.
The following users liked this post: Earl

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2017, 05:01:37 pm »

Pls no. Now they are actually worth killing. Zuriel's staff has doubled in price during the past years, and the items in general are the only ones that arent crashing at the moment. They are still easy as fuck to kill with no food using magic and the profit amazing. Escaping from PKers is easy as long as you arent scared to go in proper gear.
Considering you dig and get exact spectral + rng on your side then it's worth it. Otherwise, nope. Other items are barely in demand, take corrupt items, hell who knows when are they gonna be in demand again since everybody uses less risky items than that and still outperform in pure fight.
Pages: 1 2