The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Rayray

• Liked: 20 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Slayer difficulty dial
« on: January 13, 2015, 04:19:37 am »
    Why can't we go from having super hard slayer tasks to getting hard ones .. Instead of having to kill the super easy? As we all know, when you ask for a super hard slayer task; you can't go down a notch and ask for a hard task, you have to get super pus-mode task.
     I can't seem to recall the reason for it, but for people who are not financially willing to risk their only good amour does it not make sense that instead of having to kill " 55 skeletons " go to the hard slayer task master and get a task that is moderately hard "kill 40 red dragons". Could we not change it to get better tasks? With less of dragging penalty?
The following users liked this post: Tgod Bro, Kappaa

Offline Shoabi50

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer difficulty dial
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 05:39:47 am »
Ever tryed druadel in burthope ?
The following users liked this post: Tgod Bro, Kappaa

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 05:46:18 am »
Ever tryed druadel in burthope ?
What he means is that can we have the choice to change our tasks to a harder difficulty, not just by getting super easy tasks from Chaelder.
The following users liked this post: Kappaa

Mod Mary

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 02:49:03 pm »
Tbh you can do those tasks in 10min then get the task you want again...
We only offer one chance to change your slayer task, so if it's still pretty hard some players won't be able to train slayer properly if they still pick a hard task afterall. Atleast the easy tasks can be done by anyone.

Offline Shadow

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • You can't hit a Shadow. Try it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 03:00:11 pm »
The Guardian angel is a good way to protect your only set of armor also.

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 05:21:48 pm »
I don't think this is that necessary, as its pretty easy to finish easy tasks.
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Offline Rayray

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 10:34:46 pm »
Well it is easy...
 but it takes up time which people don't seem to like to waste those 10 minutes and it would make more sense to simply back one level lower if that person decides e.g. I am not going to go solo Wildy Wyrm because it's in the deep wilderness and now I am stuck killing 33 moss giants... oh wow look i got "kill 55 red dragons" instead of wasting time on killing idk skeletons. Which instead now... I have to go back and see if I am lucky enough to get a task that will not only give me a good amount of slayer exp but wil also not risk losing my GA (as it is null to have in the wilderness..) And... this applies more to players that barely can afford their set, has high combat skills, and has no "fall back".(Which happens more often than not, because of "cleaning"-but that's another argument in itself... Luck v. Work) Dragons > Chaos Elemental...
Aside from the fact that not many people want to make the travesty to go around and take up their time killing a monster that gives ~200 exp or less per kill and the slayer task giving about 3k of exp total afterwards.
This applies mostly to when people constantly try to get a "easy"(/they know how to kill the monster better than the rest..) and do this process about 10 times and then give up trying. (And no, this is not just my "feels" but it is more reasonable to choose a slightly easier task and not go with super-easy.)

Again, to me it just makes sense to get a choice which difficulty you could downgrade to, but oh well... at least i know now that lower levels have a chance to progress without being complete idiots in the matter. :3 kk, thanks.

Offline Shoabi50

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 07:28:31 am »
I gotta say that I disagree with you

Offline Joshiee

• +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 08:40:50 am »
Although it does take the mick when you get like 60 Hill Giants to kill but as Mary said, some tasks may still be too hard for some players to do, even after changing them.

I disagree with this.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 11:41:07 am »
If you want to complete hard tasks, why did you go and take an easy in the first place ???

Offline Rayray

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 09:38:20 pm »
If you want to complete hard tasks, why did you go and take an easy in the first place ???
To clarify even further... I am referring to people that decide, hey look I can do super hard slayer tasks (without realizing, these are meant for people who actually have decent armor and weapon but do not have a backup/spare armor to try again/motivation to try the super hard). Thus having to go and get a super easy task seems to me.. as if there's really no choice whether to accept or not the fact that the player was an idiot thinking that he could kill a boss by himself, thus losing items and thus.. more beggars.

Again why can't we just instead of having to super-easy difficulty, why not just go down a level?(yay more work for devs :3)
Once again.. it makes no sense to Me that it is needed to get a super easy task with idk? 60+ slayer?
Any more confusion?

Offline Hmoob Fisher

• Liked: 31 times
  • +0/-0
  • "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 12:28:07 am »
Mmmmm.... I agree with this...
I know as some of you might say "you can do this within 10 min or less." But I rather have the option to change it again with Duradel for another task.
For example: I'm doing slayer and I got "Chaos Elemental." I don't want to risk my bandos and other expensive stuff to go kill it and I do not want to talk with Chaelder to switch to the super easy tasks either
because I need those high XP and the slayer points.
I know this is just my and Rayray's opinion, but seriously, this needs to be in game.
I have to agree to this.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and
you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Offline Simonyoda3

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 12:32:47 am »
To be honest you know you might get an assignment that brings you to the wilderness when you're accepting his slayer tasks. If you're not willing to do them, accept what everyone else does and get an easy assignment from Chaelder. They only take 15 minutes to complete and you're on your way again.

I do get your point but as Mary stated, people might get stuck again at their new assignment.

Offline Joshiee

• +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 12:44:18 am »
To be honest you know you might get an assignment that brings you to the wilderness when you're accepting his slayer tasks. If you're not willing to do them, accept what everyone else does and get an easy assignment from Chaelder. They only take 15 minutes to complete and you're on your way again.

I do get your point but as Mary stated, people might get stuck again at their new assignment.
This.

It is your choice to do them too. If you want tasks that are convenient to you, try speaking to the Slayer Master in the house next to the Edgeville bank. These are still hard tasks, but not as hard.

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 01:24:42 pm »
I'd prefer the suggested system of changing your task via paying slayer points.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15
Pages: 1 2