The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
range
« on: May 15, 2015, 07:14:33 pm »
Bolts, the best bolts in game are living up to their standards facing a melee oponent in a wilderness or in pvm.
Onyx bolts perform really well.

People see bolts hitting 40s and they go insane like how op it is, you see whips hitting nearly 50s as often or even more and nobody cares.
But when you take darts or dragon arrows on a orge bow you see people using them on main pk and honestly they are as fast as they are powerful.

Darts are very accurate even on mains they hit constant 40s, I believe with morrigan and max range gear they can even do 45s rapidly, and let's face it comp bow and dragon arrows rarely fail you facing a melee in a wilderness.
It's like you take orge out for a second and it's almost like you are guaranteed to hit 25-25 miinimum, 55 combined in total on average.

The thing with the bolts are that they are slow, they hit 40s-60s but these hits are very easily counterable with vengeance, but when you got darts that go 0-30-15-35-40-10 you can't really do anything against them with a veng and because they are so fast your oponent has to eat almost all the time, now when you add a non spec dark bow hit or orge hit ontop of that which takes like a second and hits like 55 combined it's really op.

It is more op than slower whip to ags, and darts really play a huge roll in here to get your enemy to low hp in which even a orge hitting 55 can finish the fight.

I remember when a Update came that made msb and rune arrows max to 20/25 or something like that, it was almost like you couldn't counter that shit back in the day.
Now there are darts which are faster, and they hit more, and you can poison them.

About my suggestion: bolts seem to be fine, honestly their speed is so slow that you have to take shady risks in wild and hope for a 40-40-60 in wild to kill anyone. And in that time you can't eat once.

Darts: speed is fine, I mean their function as a dart is to hit very rapid shots very quickly. But not so powerful hits that you don't need anything else basically.
I don't pure pk anymore but honestly if they had a max of 20 and hitting that fast I can't take anyone seriously who dares to complain about it.

I say reduce max of darts for sure, speed if needed.

Comp bow - reduce max hit and accuracy cause let's face it it's a 500k bow working like it should be worth 2-4m.
Dark bow  - reduce normal hit accuracy, keep the spec accuracy the same. If not possible reduce normal hit speed. Cause it is a 2-3m bow.

Morrigan axe - make it take 55% spec same with javelin, so you can only spec it once or you have to use vigour. (yes people atm use 1 spec to orge or dark bow, but that's only cause those two are op)

So in the end you could spec twice with morrigan axe/javelin but only with vigour.

I don't know it seems quite a harsh nerf but you still have bolts to give you a punching power. I honestly would not nerf the max hit or accuracy of the jav or maxe itself.

And lets bear in mind if we talk them being quite op on mains, wonder what pures stand on. Getting hit with those weapons and häving 0 defence - blablabla you made a pure deal with it.

But you should always try to have more balanced system on both parties mains and pures, and honestly there are more pures pking and most of them use it so the nerf would make pure lives better, and range rushers life harder.
Cause people who want to main pk with range I can't see any ohter way to really use javs,maxe and bolts.
Darts atm are worth using on main, along with the comp orge bow.
But it wouldn't be that bad leaving bolts maxe and javs quite the same on max hit for main rangers. So mains still have a very good chance for range pking. I personally count on bolts on main pk 100% of the time, if I don't happen to have javs around I don't worry about it.

Pures - they get their nerf on weapons that matter and they use most of the time
Mains - you can still use bolts, javs and morrigan axes against other mains. And those are the ranger weapons you should use to fight with higher lever not darts or comp ogre bow not meant for mains.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:59:36 am by Earl »

Offline D0nt Rang It

• Liked: 16 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: range
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 08:20:32 pm »
Didnt you quit?
No. If anything, cbows need nerf. People are hitting 70s with em.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 08:23:06 pm »
Didnt you quit?

The special attacks are supposed to be strong. AGS, Anchor, D claws and Vesta's Spear hit 80+ and you aren't complaining about that.

Dragon darts, however, are level 60 weapons and they out-DPS every single weapon in the whole game.

Offline D0nt Rang It

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 08:25:53 pm »
Didnt you quit?

The special attacks are supposed to be strong. AGS, Anchor, D claws and Vesta's Spear hit 80+ and you aren't complaining about that.

Dragon darts, however, are level 60 weapons and they out-DPS every single weapon in the whole game.
This topic is about range and not melee..

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 08:26:41 pm »
Didnt you quit?

Just explain me why range shouldn't be able to hit as high as melee hits and I'll be gone.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 09:02:08 pm »
I agree with you, these weapons should be toned down slightly. Along with morrigan's javelin, they do high damage at high accuracy. You can barely outeat comp/dbow's normal attacks, it's quite insane. Speed/accuracy reduction could be a solution, especially accuracy.
Didnt you quit?
Didn't you also?
Cbows are slow as hell though, and considering something like onyx bolts takes a crap ton of levels/effort to make they should hit high. And seeing as they don't hit 70s constantly, it's all okay imo.
Comparing range to melee is okay because they're both combat styles. It isn't off-topic. In fact otto was making a good point.
;

Offline D0nt Rang It

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 09:47:50 pm »
I agree with you, these weapons should be toned down slightly. Along with morrigan's javelin, they do high damage at high accuracy. You can barely outeat comp/dbow's normal attacks, it's quite insane. Speed/accuracy reduction could be a solution, especially accuracy.
Didnt you quit?
Didn't you also?
Cbows are slow as hell though, and considering something like onyx bolts takes a crap ton of levels/effort to make they should hit high. And seeing as they don't hit 70s constantly, it's all okay imo.
Comparing range to melee is okay because they're both combat styles. It isn't off-topic. In fact otto was making a good point.
Yes, I quited INGAME. Considering he quited aswell, why does he want range nerfed? Yeah, shushh.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 11:51:43 pm »
Bolts, the best bolts in game are living up to their standards facing a melee oponent in a wilderness or in pvm.

People see bolts hitting 40s and they go insane like how op it is, you see whips hitting nearly 50s as often or even more and nobody cares.
But when you take darts or dragon arrows on a orge bow you see people using them on main pk and honestly they are as fast as they are powerful.

Darts are very accurate even on mains they hit constant 40s, I believe with morrigan and max range gear they can even do 45s rapidly, and let's face it comp bow and dragon arrows rarely fail you facing a melee in a wilderness.
It's like you take orge out for a second and it's almost like you are guaranteed to hit 25-25 miinimum, 55 combined in total on average.

The thing with the bolts are that they are slow, they hit 40s-60s but these hits are very easily counterable with vengeance, but when you got darts that go 0-30-15-35-40-10 you can't really do anything against them with a veng and because they are so fast your oponent has to eat almost all the time, now when you add a non spec dark bow hit or orge hit ontop of that which takes like a second and hits like 55 combined it's really op.

It is more op than slower whip to ags, and darts really play a huge roll in here to get your enemy to low hp in which even a orge hitting 55 can finish the fight.

I remember when a Update came that made msb and rune arrows max to 20/25 or something like that, it was almost like you couldn't counter that shit back in the day.
Now there are darts which are faster, and they hit more, and you can poison them.

About my suggestion: bolts seem to be fine, honestly their speed is so slow that you have to take shady risks in wild and hope for a 40-40-60 in wild to kill anyone. And in that time you can't eat once.

Darts: speed is fine, I mean their function as a dart is to hit very rapid shots very quickly. But not so powerful hits that you don't need anything else basically.
I don't pure pk anymore but honestly if they had a max of 20 and hitting that fast I can't take anyone seriously who dares to complain about it.

Comp bow - reduce max hit and accuracy cause let's face it it's a 500k bow working like it should be worth 2-4m.
Dark bow  - reduce normal hit accuracy, keep the spec accuracy the same. If not possible reduce normal hit speed. Cause it is a 2-3m bow.

Morrigan axe - make it take 55% spec same with javelin, so you can only spec it once or you have to use vigour. (yes people atm use 1 spec to orge or dark bow, but that's only cause those two are op)

So in the end you could spec twice with morrigan axe/javelin but only with vigour.

I don't know it seems quite a harsh nerf but you still have bolts to give you a punching power. I honestly would not nerf the max hit or accuracy of the jav or maxe itself.

And lets bear in mind if we talk them being quite op on mains, wonder what pures stand on. Getting hit with those weapons and häving 0 defence - blablabla you made a pure deal with it.

But you should always try to have more balanced system on both parties mains and pures, and honestly there are more pures pking and most of them use it so the nerf would make pure lives better, and range rushers life harder.
Cause people who want to main pk with range I can't see any ohter way to really use javs,maxe and bolts.
But it wouldn't be that bad leaving bolts maxe and javs quite the same on max hit for main rangers. So mains still have a very good chance for range pking. I personally count on bolts on main pk 100% of the time, if I don't happen to have javs around I don't worry about it.

Pures - they get their nerf on weapons that matter and they use most of the time
Mains - you can still use bolts, javs and morrigan axes against other mains. And those are the ranger weapons you should use to fight with higher lever not darts or comp ogre bow not meant for mains.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 12:00:51 am by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Earl, Charr

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 11:53:58 pm »
Darts are very accurate even on mains they hit constant 40s, I believe with morrigan and max range gear they can even do 45s rapidly

Slayer helm + salve ammy on slayer task against revs/spectrals and you'll hit 60's. The XP is damn crazy.

The fast 40+'s in PvP situations are just too damn powerful. You won't need a spec weapon to take out your opponent, the darts out-DPS everything in this game. Also, don't forget the ability to poison your darts LOL
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:55:55 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 12:05:00 am »
Darts are very accurate even on mains they hit constant 40s, I believe with morrigan and max range gear they can even do 45s rapidly

Slayer helm + salve ammy on slayer task against revs/spectrals and you'll hit 60's. The XP is damn crazy.

The fast 40+'s in PvP situations are just too damn powerful. You won't need a spec weapon to take out your opponent, the darts out-DPS everything in this game. Also, don't forget the ability to poison your darts LOL
What do pures really stand on getting hit with darts, then on top of that a javelin and on top of that an ogre bow.
Pure pk is kind of biased.
Also I haven't seen much if any pkers using bolts on mains or on pures, even though they are good. On pures you can kinda see why cause it's not worth it. And on mains people just like to rush so I can't really see much mains complaining about range nerf.
Cause I use bolts on main quite a lot and they are worth their price once you know how to use them.

I think a lot of this nerf has to COMe down to reducing some of the ranger weapons speed. Which ones? Idk.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 06:17:17 am »
Although every valid point about pking has been made, there hasn't been any mention of what this could potentially do to pvm. I use all the weapons mentioned in pvm, simply because they are actually useful for quickly polishing off weak monsters for slayer. Nerfing them would make these weapons far less useful in a pvm situation. I don't mean to start a war, but this game has other people playing it other than the pkers.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Big Chris

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 06:51:31 am »
Although every valid point about pking has been made, there hasn't been any mention of what this could potentially do to pvm. I use all the weapons mentioned in pvm, simply because they are actually useful for quickly polishing off weak monsters for slayer. Nerfing them would make these weapons far less useful in a pvm situation. I don't mean to start a war, but this game has other people playing it other than the pkers.

you use d darts in pvm? I have never seen this done by anyone.

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 07:59:04 am »

This is just perfect. Thank you for the effore.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 10:16:21 am »
Thanks for this. I'm going to nerf darts and knives in that case. :)

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 11:32:58 am »
Thanks for this. I'm going to nerf darts and knives in that case. :)
Please don't make them utterly useless.
;
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2
Pages: 1 2