The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Slafuke007

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
pvp and pking and player killing and player vs player
« on: July 25, 2017, 02:14:12 pm »
Here are my problems with pvp.

1.Veng doesnt hit instantly and when its a lethal blow it doesnt hit at all.

2.health bars tend to bug with the health indicators . Sometimes shows hp at more than it is. Sometimes a guy dies but shows that his health didnt hit 0.

3.Eating is too fast , i feel like unless u do a veng combo or a hp risk you cant kill anyone. (Back in emps scape if you were fast you could switch to specwep and hit before they ate the second manta)

4. The guy who dies still gets a hit in even if the killer hit first.

5.Some random mager(or any other player) shouldnt be able to attack you while youre in a fight already (not multi).

6.free stuff plx

7. Dh axe feels inconsistent , might just be that im unlucky so you can ignore this point.

That should be all for today folks, many of you wont agree with me but thats okay since i hardly care.(i do care a little bit). K peace dont forget to like and subskrieb
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: pvp and pking and player killing and player vs player
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 04:03:42 pm »
Veng doesnt hit instantly and when its a lethal blow it doesnt hit at all.
Veng should deal damage within the same gametick, if it doesn't that's a bug.

As for the veng on death; it's really a 50/50. On one hand you get less kills with it, on the other you don't get killed by it. Personally I find that it makes a lot of sense for veng not to deal damage if the caster is dead.

health bars tend to bug with the health indicators . Sometimes shows hp at more than it is. Sometimes a guy dies but shows that his health didnt hit 0.
I wish you'd show this with some video/pictures so that we could all get more detail on this. It's been talked about before but nobody manages to go beyond just saying it's broken. Proper bug reports are the way to get things fixed.

Eating is too fast , i feel like unless u do a veng combo or a hp risk you cant kill anyone. (Back in emps scape if you were fast you could switch to specwep and hit before they ate the second manta)
Two mantas heal a total of 46 hp, this is a number you can actually hit. That's not gonna happen very often but it is possible. My point is that you can outdamage someone eating. If someone eats that means they'll have less food in their inventory. Even if people rarely risk hp, they're more likely to do so when they're low on food. Since they're not damaging you when you're eating that also means you'll have more food in your inventory.

The guy who dies still gets a hit in even if the killer hit first.
If that guy has a lower pid than you then that's perfectly normal behavior. I wouldn't know for sure though, given that I don't play on your computer/internet connection, something might be up. Would be something to make a bug report on.

Some random mager(or any other player) shouldnt be able to attack you while youre in a fight already (not multi).
This only occurs after they eat a bunch of times in a row. I get that it's annoying though. You could avoid it quite easily by fighting somewhere that isn't edgeville. You could also create accounts specifically for pking that aren't 99 in all combat stats in order to make it impossible for them to attack you. I'm not saying it isn't a problem, but there are ways around it. With the current state of the wilderness I'd also say it's quite uncommon for this to happen.

The current state of it might have to do with people not being able to box monsters in order to stay safe from pkers.

Dh axe feels inconsistent , might just be that im unlucky so you can ignore this point.
Given that the special effect of the set doesn't affect accuracy in any way it doesn't surprise me to be honest. If it was really accurate on low hp that would really change the whole risk vs reward situation that dh has. For example, if it were guaranteed to hit if you're low hp then the person bringing you to low hp would essentially be punished for doing so. Which is quite backwards when it comes to PvP.

Also the title is literally 4 different words for the same thing and it kinda made me giggle a bit.
;
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 04:31:54 pm »
Eating is too fast , i feel like unless u do a veng combo or a hp risk you cant kill anyone. (Back in emps scape if you were fast you could switch to specwep and hit before they ate the second manta)
Two mantas heal a total of 46 hp, this is a number you can actually hit.

:LUL: 'ed at this. That would imply that a player eats at 0 health, which is literally impossible. Most people eat at around 30-40 unless they have potential to kill their opponents and choose to risk not eating. Eating 2 mantas at 30 is already a total of 76 health which is much harder to hit.
The following users liked this post: Jandar

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 05:27:52 pm »
:LUL: 'ed at this. That would imply that a player eats at 0 health, which is literally impossible. Most people eat at around 30-40 unless they have potential to kill their opponents and choose to risk not eating. Eating 2 mantas at 30 is already a total of 76 health which is much harder to hit.
That's fair enough, but that still reduces the food in their inventory.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 06:12:38 am »
Didn't aaron report the hp bug with video over 10 months ago
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 10:11:22 pm »
1.Veng doesnt hit instantly and when its a lethal blow it doesnt hit at all.
Just depends how well you actually time this if you veng atick after the person hits you it wont go off on that hit.
2.health bars tend to bug with the health indicators . Sometimes shows hp at more than it is. Sometimes a guy dies but shows that his health didnt hit 0.
Crusher123 recently reported it with video so should be fixed anytime soon (hopefully)
3.Eating is too fast , i feel like unless u do a veng combo or a hp risk you cant kill anyone. (Back in emps scape if you were fast you could switch to specwep and hit before they ate the second manta)
even if this was changed you can still heal 39 in 1 second (manta-brew)
4. The guy who dies still gets a hit in even if the killer hit first.
Thats called pid
5.Some random mager(or any other player) shouldnt be able to attack you while youre in a fight already (not multi).
this can only happen if your opponent has not attack'd you for atleast a certain amount of seconds
6.free stuff plx
:4head:
7. Dh axe feels inconsistent , might just be that im unlucky so you can ignore this point.
From my experience the axe doesn't feel inconsistent tbh, might just be your "luck"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 11:10:16 pm by Iron Corne »
#exkneesocks

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 10:06:34 am »
you shouldn't pay attention to what charr has to say about pking, his point of autism view is not like the regular pker

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
The following users liked this post: Di Dot, Saif Nawaf, S Clegane

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 07:08:22 pm »
you shouldn't pay attention to what charr has to say
ftfy
The following users liked this post: Freestuffyay, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 07:46:51 am »
you shouldn't pay attention to what charr has to say about pking, his point of autism view is not like the regular pker

And yall PKers gotta work on your argumentation if you actually want any of this stuff ever implemented. Screaming "ermahgerd dis geim is ded LUL y u still play dis" frankly isnt enough to get shit done :LUL:
The following users liked this post: Makaveli0161

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 10:53:08 am »

Eventho I have nothing against Charr, however this could be somehow true ( not the way you wanted to deliver it tho )

Yes pkers and stakers are the same when it come of being offensive towards other people, however you'll never see duel arena dead.

whats making it a bit harder for Pking community is the fact that everytime one of them try to give his feedback on something as a pker he thinks is a bit unfair, a  person that never pk starts to show him how wrong he is.

Yes coding is something and the live game is something completely different,

You might have wasted your time tho trying to give a feedback on pking for 2 possible reasons,
1 - I doubt it will be read by the group that you want them to hear you
2 - if they did read it, it won't be taken into account because when Thomy sees 3 players ( Pkers ) are trying to change something with over 25 non pkers players trying to prove them wrong, then he will listen to the majority.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Crusher123, Charr, Di Dot, Saif Nawaf, Iron Corne, S Clegane, Makaveli0161

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 06:08:35 pm »

And yall PKers gotta work on your argumentation if you actually want any of this stuff ever implemented. Screaming "ermahgerd dis geim is ded LUL y u still play dis" frankly isnt enough to get shit done :LUL:
I posted a feedback topic about pking a while ago and it was completely ignored?

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 07:40:49 pm »
I agree with Ameer's opinion on this one. And unless that majority of 25 PvMers and 3 Pkers turns into at least somewhere 400 Pvmers and 100 Pkers there is no point in even continuing this discussion.

There is a lot of problems with PvM as well if you ask me but most of the time it's Pkers who seek solution the most and the ones that PvM only. Monitoring both sides isn't easy work and players doesn't help here with blaming either other players abusing the problems or Thomy for not fixing it right on time. If you were to seek solution to a problem you gotta realize if there is one.

To reply to your topic I think there is plenty of answers already. Reporting it in Bug/Report Section in Forums is huge step already in solving them more efficiently.

I posted a feedback topic about pking a while ago and it was completely ignored?

It wasn't ignored. You got feedback, actually. >.>
The following users liked this post: Makaveli0161

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 09:54:57 am »
These are minor things that really don't bother be, whats more frustraing is the past.

Veracs ignored protection prayer 100% time, 10% chance to ignore defence
Ahrim set allowed you to barrage 55s
Karil allowed you to freeze your enemy and hit close to 50s
Javelins were overpowered for months before they were nerfed, also guthan allowed you to camp spectrals for unlimited time so there was no shortage of javs
corrupt set made it so pure scene was dominated by people with corrupt sets
Freeze timers were completely shit for a period of time + deep wild had ez escapes everywhere
And we still have crystal shield ingame at the moment

Imo the only way pk is going to be active again is when this server finds a sudden influx of new players who accept the server as it is. There's for certain no new pkers coming in and as past has shown there are plenty of updates to come that thrive people away from pking even more.

The following users liked this post: Di Dot, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 11:00:49 am »
These are minor things that really don't bother be, whats more frustraing is the past.

Veracs ignored protection prayer 100% time, 10% chance to ignore defence
Ahrim set allowed you to barrage 55s
Karil allowed you to freeze your enemy and hit close to 50s
Javelins were overpowered for months before they were nerfed, also guthan allowed you to camp spectrals for unlimited time so there was no shortage of javs
corrupt set made it so pure scene was dominated by people with corrupt sets
Freeze timers were completely shit for a period of time + deep wild had ez escapes everywhere
And we still have crystal shield ingame at the moment

Imo the only way pk is going to be active again is when this server finds a sudden influx of new players who accept the server as it is. There's for certain no new pkers coming in and as past has shown there are plenty of updates to come that thrive people away from pking even more.

And when it comes to RSPS PKing in general, people are looking for spawn servers to practice PKing for OSRS without having to risk their bank doing so.
The following users liked this post: Di Dot, S Clegane

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 08:12:28 pm »
On topic I feel like eating is fine.. dharok seems bit inaccurate at low hp.

I literally never dharok pk but it seems to be inaccurate at low hp with low max hit? I would honestly say most of the dharok fights end in someone dying to ags not dharok axe.
I think dharok isn't really that deadly in this server and people are prepared to out-eat your spec combos because that's the most likely thing you die to while dharok pking, perhaps that's where the eating too fast thing comes from.

Again I haven't pure pked for years but you need to eat fast when you pure pk, especially now that we have darts and corrupt gear.
Imo dharok pking is rather dull atm, maybe boost dharok so the fast eating is actually useful for you.

People already eat to 80+ when someone axes you at low hp with dharok, I haven't even see someone hit more than 80 with dharok in wild for 5+ years.
Would be fun to see people dh really high at low hp more consistently when we already eat to 80+

I might be completely wrong and that might not be what dhers want but you really can't remove eating fast without nerfing alot of gear that pures use.

tldr everything is fine except dharok seems to be really inaccurate at low hp/low maxhit?
The following users liked this post: S Clegane
Pages: 1 2