The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
More ways to obtain rune (g) and rune (t)
« on: September 06, 2017, 06:52:58 pm »
More ways to obtain

God robes
Guthix set
Rune (g) set
Rune (t) set
Zamorak dhide

Really puts me off doing clues when there's no solid way to obtain these items that are requirements for clues.
Essentialy when my elite/hard clue requirement is something I can only get from hard/elite clue as an reward, how am I suppose to get these items?

Just really dislike this system that alot of the clue requirements I can only get from other clues as a reward which is mad rng...

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:31:59 pm by Drugs »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: More ways to obtain rune (g) and rune (t)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 07:17:58 pm »
Yeah these item clues aren't great. Then again, neither are scans. I wouldn't mind just replacing the item clues for these, but I do have a solution in mind that should prevent a lot of frustration all around.

"Skip tickets" would be obtainable from clue scrolls of all tiers. Using them on a clue would skip one step of that clue. They should be untradable, but not too rare to get (1 in 5 clues is what I'd have in mind). It would allow people to either work around steps they can't do or get people that do a lot of clues to save a bunch of time.

I think clues' biggest problem is monotony, scans will take up the vast majority of your time and they're not entirely fun. Adding a bit more variety wouldn't hurt. Riddles to find a digging location or object you have to search could make for something decent.
;
The following users liked this post: Di Dot

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 07:24:17 pm »
Yeah these item clues aren't great. Then again, neither are scans. I wouldn't mind just replacing the item clues for these, but I do have a solution in mind that should prevent a lot of frustration all around.

"Skip tickets" would be obtainable from clue scrolls of all tiers. Using them on a clue would skip one step of that clue. They should be untradable, but not too rare to get (1 in 5 clues is what I'd have in mind). It would allow people to either work around steps they can't do or get people that do a lot of clues to save a bunch of time.

I think clues' biggest problem is monotony, scans will take up the vast majority of your time and they're not entirely fun. Adding a bit more variety wouldn't hurt. Riddles to find a digging location or object you have to search could make for something decent.
Still thinking we should do something about requirements first, I don't want to make them completely easy just reasonable.

Zammy hides to emps wars
Guthix robes back to gwd?
Guthix/runeG/runeT - I dont know

These are insanely hard to get (idk ask jp how hard)
How am I even suppose to complete hard/elite clue when the requirement for it is like 1/20 reward from the same clue, since gargoyles dont drop guthix and neither does the chest.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:27:45 pm by Drugs »

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 07:35:51 pm »
Still thinking we should do something about requirements first, I don't want to make them completely easy just reasonable.

Zammy hides to emps wars

How am I even suppose to complete hard/elite clue when the requirement for it is like 1/20 reward from the same clue, since gargoyles dont drop guthix and neither does the chest.
Well Thomy could make it so that it accepts all kinds of trimmed armour/god robes/god hides but that'd be a ton of extra lines of code. I'd rather see these items replaced by something that you don't have to do clues for rather than moving those items back outside of clue scrolls.

Skips tho.
;

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 07:58:59 pm »

Zammy hides to emps wars

Well Thomy could make it so that it accepts all kinds of trimmed armour/god robes/god hides but that'd be a ton of extra lines of code. I'd rather see these items replaced by something that you don't have to do clues for rather than moving those items back outside of clue scrolls.

Skips tho.
Why not both ??? both ???

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 08:30:40 pm »
;

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 09:30:47 am »
Or we remove those items from clue requirements. Ideas for other items for that specific clues?

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 10:15:26 am »
Or we remove those items from clue requirements. Ideas for other items for that specific clues?
Saradomin katana from emps-wars, it costs 250 tickets so relatively hard requirement still
Royal set from Warrior's guild reward shop, 7105 warriors guild tokens for entire set
Infernal adze/jad pet?
Duellist caps?
Constructor's set from slayer points shop?
Golden mining set?

Btw I have none of these items, so I'm not suggesting items I already have just trying to think of relatively hard to get minigame rewards that ironmen can obtain aswell.

https://emps-world.net/wiki/Saradomin_katana
https://emps-world.net/wiki/Royal_set
https://emps-world.net/wiki/Duellist%27s_cap
https://emps-world.net/wiki/Constructor%27s_Set
https://emps-world.net/wiki/Inferno_adze
https://emps-world.net/wiki/Golden_mining_set

Pls not all of them
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:22:05 am by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 01:48:15 pm »
Saradomin katana from emps-wars, it costs 250 tickets so relatively hard requirement still
Royal set from Warrior's guild reward shop, 7105 warriors guild tokens for entire set
Infernal adze/jad pet?
Duellist caps?
Golden mining set?

Might as well give me 1b cash for doing that clue scroll. cus fuck that.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 02:53:35 pm »
Infernal adze/jad pet?
Duellist caps?
Golden mining set?

Might as well give me 1b cash for doing that clue scroll. cus fuck that.
Well I had to come up with some options since nobody else did, sure I don't mind having easier reqs but nobody has suggested any.
We already have alot of hard reqs on elite clues like 99 cooking&fishing, so how about we compromise remove 5 of the rather impossible reqs and add 2 new ones since clues are already pain.

So we remove 5 reqs and replace them with 2 new ones, 3 less in total ???

Duellist cap set/royal set?
Since duellist caps are tradeable now it would create some market for them aswell..

Edit I wouldn't really mind all 4 of them if you exclude golden mining set..
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:00:19 pm by Drugs »

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 02:59:58 pm »
Since duellist caps are tradeable now it would create some market for them aswell..
Market? You mean people getting angry that others won't lend them the item? Guthix robe top all over again.
;

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 03:07:16 pm »
Market? You mean people getting angry that others won't lend them the item? Guthix robe top all over again.
I still think we can keep the items we have now but make them obtainable..

Guthix to gargoyles
Rune (g) to x monster
Rune (t) to y monster
Hides to emps-wars

But since Thomy said we can't I rather play agility area for 2hours to get the hat rather than do 9000 clues and pray.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 03:18:37 pm »
But since Thomy said we can't I rather play agility area for 2hours to get the hat rather than do 9000 clues and pray.
That 9K Clue profit though... Imagine it will be consuming time but it will let you explore the places you never visited before and if you were to do elite ones - third-age druidic is in your pocket my friend... The only ing full set I guess(correct me if I'm wrong) Also who disturbed you to login back in the day for just 10 - 30 minutes a week(not even a day) and play Castle Wars for Zammy D'hide? Or even, smash some gargoyles for Guthix Armour Set? Much less to do slayer, stack up crystal keys and get those rune (t) or rune (g)... I don't see a problem here. They were named clue (tier) for a reason.
Watch some Ironman videos on youtube - you'll realize their struggle to do a clues real quick. Especially, Hardcore ones. Wildy is butthurting them af.
Though I'm still voting yes on skipping step idea. Scan Clue of Wilderness 25 - 55lvl is just unbearable to do. I compared it to 1 - 25lvl and 55+lvl ones. No where near them.

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 03:54:38 pm »
That 9K Clue profit though... Imagine it will be consuming time but it will let you explore the places you never visited before and if you were to do elite ones - third-age druidic is in your pocket my friend... The only ing full set I guess(correct me if I'm wrong) Also who disturbed you to login back in the day for just 10 - 30 minutes a week(not even a day) and play Castle Wars for Zammy D'hide? Or even, smash some gargoyles for Guthix Armour Set? Much less to do slayer, stack up crystal keys and get those rune (t) or rune (g)... I don't see a problem here. They were named clue (tier) for a reason.
Watch some Ironman videos on youtube - you'll realize their struggle to do a clues real quick. Especially, Hardcore ones. Wildy is butthurting them af.
Though I'm still voting yes on skipping step idea. Scan Clue of Wilderness 25 - 55lvl is just unbearable to do. I compared it to 1 - 25lvl and 55+lvl ones. No where near them.
Lets actually be logical here for a moment and ask why we're the items removed from a good source to begin with? Why didn't I obtain these items when I could is probably the same reason why I didn't buy 20k marble blocks, they we're useless.

I'm not going to play emps-wars for hides I'm never going to use, nor am I going to pick up guthix set when I can just alch it. These requirements would have been perfectly fine being on a droptable or emps-wars store as they were. You said it yourself elite clues are suppose to be hard, newsflash they already were; how many people who didn't know how to complete puzzles, how many people still complaining about wildy scan clues? So after all that you really think it was reasonable to make the reqs even harder?

I don't really get the logic behind wanting to get rid of clue tasks by skipping and then preaching about clues suppose to be elite, when they're so elite maybe you shouldn't be able to skip elite clue tasks either... hmm ???

fuck new people trying to do elites, i wanna skip puzzles :babyrage:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:58:59 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: S Clegane
Pages: 1 2