The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
Improving KBD's Lair & an Agility Shortcut
« on: September 14, 2017, 02:24:56 am »
Currently the only two places to kill black dragons in the game are in the Barbarian Dungeon and in KBD's lair in the Rimmington Dungeon. In the Barbarain Dungeon, there are only two tucked away in the far corner which is incredibly tedious to get to, on top of generally being an incredibly inefficient spot due to the low amount of black dragons. In the Rimmington Dungeon, you have a wonderful amount of black dragons to kill in a multi-combat area that would be incredibly efficient for multiple players, which is more or less ruined by the presence of KBD due to his INCREDIBLY large aggro-range (he can basically lock onto you from halfway across the room). Basically, both of these spots aren't that great at the moment. I would like to see some possible changes to make these spots better.

Firstly, I think we should consider moving KBD from his current spot in the Rimmington dungeon. His lair is so massive and yet he makes using it for any reason that's not to kill KBD nearly impossible. You can't efficiently kill black dragons there without constantly being harassed by him. If possible, maybe doing something like in the Kalphite Lair where KQ's lair is seperated from the rest of the dungeon by a hole in the ground leading to another room would be nice, allowing us to stick the entrance to his lair in the same spot as it originally was to avoid confusion. Not sure how possible something like that is, but it'd be nice. KBD's lair could therefore be a smaller room in a multi-combat zone still connected to the Rimmington dungeon, and he could possibly still be aided by a couple black dragons. The lair on the other hand could now be used to kill black dragons as well as possibly housing a second mob inside of it to give the dungeon a little more diversity (hint: Green dragons).

As for the Barbarian dungeon location, all I'd like to see is simply making the Agility shortcut leading to the dungeon's rear ladder in Catherby usable. Makes getting to this spot (and the rear of the dungeon) so much freaking easier.
The following users liked this post: Iownu5xbetr, Pk Range99, S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Improving KBD's Lair & an Agility Shortcut
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 08:02:41 am »
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19831.0

Some people just need to bring up the post....

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 08:19:07 am »
In the Barbarain Dungeon, there are only two tucked away in the far corner which is incredibly tedious to get to, on top of generally being an incredibly inefficient spot due to the low amount of black dragons.
Moving the ladder back a square or two to make space for a third dragon would make the spot good for one person. You typically don't really run into people there anyways. I don't find it too tedious to get to, there's tasks that require me to walk more.

Firstly, I think we should consider moving KBD from his current spot in the Rimmington dungeon. His lair is so massive and yet he makes using it for any reason that's not to kill KBD nearly impossible. You can't efficiently kill black dragons there without constantly being harassed by him. If possible, maybe doing something like in the Kalphite Lair where KQ's lair is seperated from the rest of the dungeon by a hole in the ground leading to another room would be nice, allowing us to stick the entrance to his lair in the same spot as it originally was to avoid confusion. Not sure how possible something like that is, but it'd be nice.
The original location is accessed by pulling a lever in a room accessed by going down some stairs in the wilderness, it should be possible add either that lever onto a wall or those stairs down as they're objects. I think it should be done with the lever and the lever should be located right between the part with blue dragons and black dragons to make it a tad easier to access.

KBD's lair could therefore be a smaller room in a multi-combat zone still connected to the Rimmington dungeon, and he could possibly still be aided by a couple black dragons.
You pray melee at kbd anyways, adding black dragons doesn't really do anything in terms of combat it just kind of makes you waste a small bit of supplies between kills as you'll need to keep praying melee. Would rather see KBD given a bit more health.

The lair on the other hand could now be used to kill black dragons as well as possibly housing a second mob inside of it to give the dungeon a little more diversity (hint: Green dragons).
Honestly I'd rather move black dragons to where iron/steel are right now and give iron and steel a bunch more spawns that way. Greens should remain in the wilderness imo.

As for the Barbarian dungeon location, all I'd like to see is simply making the Agility shortcut leading to the dungeon's rear ladder in Catherby usable. Makes getting to this spot (and the rear of the dungeon) so much freaking easier.
The way everyone gets to catherby is by teleporting to camelot, if you take into account how much of a walk that is then this shortcut will only prevent you from occasionally getting poisoned on your way to black dragons and not much else. For this to be any more efficient than teleporting to barb you'd need something to directly teleport you to catherby (house portal pls thomy).
;
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 02:13:30 pm »
You pray melee at kbd anyways, adding black dragons doesn't really do anything in terms of combat it just kind of makes you waste a small bit of supplies between kills as you'll need to keep praying melee. Would rather see KBD given a bit more health.
Having a couple black dragons around gives you some extra loot in place of used supplies, particularly between kills as KBD seems to have a somewhat long spawn timer. Wouldn't mind buffing him a bit too.

Honestly I'd rather move black dragons to where iron/steel are right now and give iron and steel a bunch more spawns that way. Greens should remain in the wilderness imo.
Yeah I agree with the iron and steel dragons. I still firmly believe that green dragons do not have enough of a incent in terms of drops to justify their exclusivity in the wilderness. Granted the wilderness is pretty empty minimizing possible threat but regardless, I don't think such a weak mob with very little reward unlike mobs like spectrals, revenants, etc. should be stuck in the wildy. That's just my opinion of course.

I do agree as well that we should try to fit a third black dragon into the barbarian dungeon. Just having more shortcuts too would be nice. It may be less efficient than from the regular entrance, but it just makes this dungeon feel more accessible, much like the Rimmington dungeon having access from Catherby as well.
Pages: 1