The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Current anti-pjing system + freezes
« on: January 10, 2016, 02:28:53 pm »
Change current anti-pjing system to a less rigid system to make pking with a small team in singles a thing. Basically decrease the time it takes for someone else to attack your target once you stopped attacking, even though the target is fighting back. Yes I understand this makes pjing in a 1v1 edgeville fight possible but it is needed to sustain deep wilderness pking. Right now it is not possible to maintain enough dps. Players can camp their prayer book and switch prayers instantly. Because this is an private server everything is less smooth than in rs which means it is more difficult to maintain constant damage. Allowing people to pj means players can cordinate with eachother to maintain this high dps.

Remove the magic prayer effect that halves the freeze times of ice barrage, entangle etc. It should only halve the time of teleblock.

Also I'd like to know how long it takes for someone to automatically log out when closing the client because I feel it's way too short.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:35:27 pm by Lars »

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
Re: Current anti-pjing system + freezes
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 02:52:47 pm »
I'd also like to add a few things that upset me and my fellow team pkers.

Freezes of all kinds, they do not stack with each other, in that i mean, if you use an ice barrage spell on someone, and it successfully freezes your opponent for 20 seconds, a zamorak godsword special attack should reset the timer because it's from a different SOURCE. That's like making every other special useless because the player is already under some effect? E.g you use a morrigan javelin spec, then follow up with an ags, you don't cancel the ags spec effect just because the person is under a javelin bleed?

Teleport block, i did not know til yesterday, that recasting teleport block on someone DOES NOT reset the teleblock timer. You can keep casting it with no effect, how do i know when to recast it to teleblock my opponent? I suggest adding a higher timer to teleblock, or at least change it so that you can be teleblocked again which does reset the teleblock timer.

The current pjing is absoulutely ridiculous, you can run from level 5 wilderness to safety without being attacked when you were in combat at that point. Even if you manage to attack the person, the rate of splashes are insanely high which leaves no room to team pking in single area. Single area means 1v1 combat, not that you're safe from everyone else around you.

I think making some big improvements to weapons, their specials, and some general systems, can make a lot of items more useful and have at least one place where you can use each weapon. I'd like to mention a few weapons that are currently out of the so called 'meta' right now: Zgs, Bgs, Korasi sword. All of those, are supposed to be powerful and commonly used weapons, where did you last see a korasi sword? When did you see a high level person pking with a bgs because it's good? The specials do not fit in the game, even when you spec someone with a bgs spec, a zip of defence potion not only takes it back to your initial level, but it boosts it back instantly to 118/123 depending on which potion was used. Korasi sword, the special is really really bad, it needs to be changed. Zamorakian spear, we buffed all weapons' special attacks damage after we had the armour nerf, but zs has no spec, we left it kinda weak. It needs to be improved, same with zamorak godsword, why is bgs price 3m and ags 40m? I believe there are equal amount of those in the game, it's because of the usefullness, ags is known for damage, we need to find something that makes bgs good too! And it's definitely not lowering defence level, not to mention we have a weapon that's better for that, a statius warhammer that even guarantees a defence reduction.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:54:58 pm by Martin »

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10, Blue Bird

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 03:15:14 pm »
@Martin the freeze shared timer was added cuz of excessive freeze piling  and the weapons you mention are all pvm weapons primarily
Pj timer is so high because people could attack inbetween dbow specs, maybe it can be tuned back a little
Tb should atleast give you a msg if target is already teleblocked, whether ur spell was successful or not. Timer should only show for yourself though

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 03:17:47 pm »
I'd also like to add a few things that upset me and my fellow team pkers.

Freezes of all kinds, they do not stack with each other, in that i mean, if you use an ice barrage spell on someone, and it successfully freezes your opponent for 20 seconds, a zamorak godsword special attack should reset the timer because it's from a different SOURCE. That's like making every other special useless because the player is already under some effect? E.g you use a morrigan javelin spec, then follow up with an ags, you don't cancel the ags spec effect just because the person is under a javelin bleed?

Teleport block, i did not know til yesterday, that recasting teleport block on someone DOES NOT reset the teleblock timer. You can keep casting it with no effect, how do i know when to recast it to teleblock my opponent? I suggest adding a higher timer to teleblock, or at least change it so that you can be teleblocked again which does reset the teleblock timer.

The current pjing is absoulutely ridiculous, you can run from level 5 wilderness to safety without being attacked when you were in combat at that point. Even if you manage to attack the person, the rate of splashes are insanely high which leaves no room to team pking in single area. Single area means 1v1 combat, not that you're safe from everyone else around you.

I think making some big improvements to weapons, their specials, and some general systems, can make a lot of items more useful and have at least one place where you can use each weapon. I'd like to mention a few weapons that are currently out of the so called 'meta' right now: Zgs, Bgs, Korasi sword. All of those, are supposed to be powerful and commonly used weapons, where did you last see a korasi sword? When did you see a high level person pking with a bgs because it's good? The specials do not fit in the game, even when you spec someone with a bgs spec, a zip of defence potion not only takes it back to your initial level, but it boosts it back instantly to 118/123 depending on which potion was used. Korasi sword, the special is really really bad, it needs to be changed. Zamorakian spear, we buffed all weapons' special attacks damage after we had the armour nerf, but zs has no spec, we left it kinda weak. It needs to be improved, same with zamorak godsword, why is bgs price 3m and ags 40m? I believe there are equal amount of those in the game, it's because of the usefullness, ags is known for damage, we need to find something that makes bgs good too! And it's definitely not lowering defence level, not to mention we have a weapon that's better for that, a statius warhammer that even guarantees a defence reduction.
-Freezes should not stack/refreeze when already frozen. The only item that should be able to do this is the zgs, and when it does the special attack should use more than 50%.

-You're right, you shouldn't be able to tb someone when he's already tbed. However tbing someone when that person is already tbed should NOT restart the timer. That would be way too op. Increase the duration? Possibly, to make up for the game's flaws when it comes to smoothness.

-I don't really have an opinion on other less popular weapons such as the bgs/korasi, but you did adres a good point. It takes just one sip of a potion to increase your defence from for example 10/99 to 118/99. Not sure what to think of this for now.

Offline Martin

• +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 03:18:02 pm »
@Martin the freeze shared timer was added cuz of excessive freeze piling  and the weapons you mention are all pvm weapons primarily
Pj timer is so high because people could attack inbetween dbow specs, maybe it can be tuned back a little
Tb should atleast give you a msg if target is already teleblocked, whether ur spell was successful or not. Timer should only show for yourself though
There shouldn't be anything only for pvm or just for pk, they should be universal, if anything who uses zgs spec or korasi spec in pvm :P?

@Lars it doesn't matter if entangle refreshes the timer too after zgs spec because if you're on normal spellbook or ancient spellbook, you can only use one spell of freezing so it does not really matter.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:20:39 pm by Martin »

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 03:19:09 pm »
Take the slowest attacking item in the game, presumably the dark bow on accurate and change the pj time to that + a slight marin.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 03:21:08 pm »
All of those, are supposed to be powerful and commonly used weapons

When players pointed out that korasi is shit, we get resonses like "It's easy to obtain, it wasnt meant to be powerful pking weapon anyways"
Im quite outraged, you staff players keep adding items with no use and obviously it becomes useless. And none of you care until you step your foot into the wilderness and realize what the actual pekrs have been telling you for months?

Staff team was involved with korasi Update, and afaik didn't care jackshit when the feedback started giving coming in. But now you suddenly have same opinions? Do you even listen to what players say and think about it?

Probably one of the Charr's classic was thrown out at point point "korasi is really really useful for goblin tasks in particular"

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 03:23:04 pm »
Been pking a bit last few days.
Was not a good experience sadly :(

Offline Martin

• +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 03:28:03 pm »

When players pointed out that korasi is shit, we get resonses like "It's easy to obtain, it wasnt meant to be powerful pking weapon anyways"
Im quite outraged, you staff players keep adding items with no use and obviously it becomes useless. And none of you care until you step your foot into the wilderness and realize what the actual pekrs have been telling you for months?

Staff team was involved with korasi Update, and afaik didn't care jackshit when the feedback started giving coming in. But now you suddenly have same opinions? Do you even listen to what players say and think about it?

Probably one of the Charr's classic was thrown out at point point "korasi is really really useful for goblin tasks in particular"
I mean we totally programmed everything with the mods and admin team, the idea was from some staff members, but thomy is the one who executes them and if he thinks something is too strong, good luck changing his mind. He always either overbuffs or makes something completely bad, i'ts really hard to find an example where thomy perfectly balanced something. He claims that i want everything overpowered always, but it's not always the case as you can see. I always did agree that it was bad, i didn't like almost anything but the fact that we are getting it in the game.

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 03:34:23 pm »

I mean we totally programmed everything with the mods and admin team, the idea was from some staff members, but thomy is the one who executes them and if he thinks something is too strong, good luck changing his mind. He always either overbuffs or makes something completely bad, i'ts really hard to find an example where thomy perfectly balanced something. He claims that i want everything overpowered always, but it's not always the case as you can see. I always did agree that it was bad, i didn't like almost anything but the fact that we are getting it in the game.
Tell Thomy to get his shit together and stop adding useless shit.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 03:37:31 pm »
I agree with reducing the PJ timer so that you can safe your teammates, but this shouldn't be decreased to much so you can normally 1v1 pk in low level wilderness without being pjed constantly.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 03:40:25 pm »
I agree with reducing the PJ timer so that you can safe your teammates, but this shouldn't be decreased to much so you can normally 1v1 pk in low level wilderness without being pjed constantly.
Time to start dbow pjing random fights in edgeville like the good old times :kappa:
The following users liked this post: Freestuffyay, Paps

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 03:49:27 pm »
Time to start dbow pjing random fights in edgeville like the good old times :kappa:
Yeah that's the thing I don't want to see happen :D

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 03:51:21 pm »
There shouldn't be anything only for pvm or just for pk, they should be universal, if anything who uses zgs spec or korasi spec in pvm :P?

@Lars it doesn't matter if entangle refreshes the timer too after zgs spec because if you're on normal spellbook or ancient spellbook, you can only use one spell of freezing so it does not really matter.
Not when the pj timer gets reduced.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 03:58:31 pm »
I wouldn't mind the pj timer being changed, but people in edge should still be protected from being dbow spec'd by multiple people.

Freezes should not stack. Permafreeze should never be a thing. We've been over this. Damage and a rooting effect aren't comparable things.

I wouldn't mind teleblock lasting until you enter a safe zone.

Because not being able to escape at all is fun and has counterplay. You should quite easily be able to escape at lvl 5 wildy.

Zgs is a guarranteed 25s freeze, I quite honestly think it's fine. Two godswords are for PvM, two godswords are for PvP. An interesting way to buff bgs might be to have it drain prayer as well. Though changing the way bgs' defense lowering works would work as well.

Korasi would see more use if absorbtion bonus came into the picture. I've suggested it and thomy liked it. Korasi may need a bit higher accuracy but apart from that it's fine.

Zs is currently a pretty commonly used weapon and pretty far from weak. If you want zs to be buffed, giving it an increased accuracy to low hp targets would be fine. It establishes it's function as an execution weapon. Extra % accuracy per % missing enemy hp. I don't want to hear 'it hits too low' it can hit over 60 in dh which, without a spec cost, is plenty. We don't need RNG-reliant 80s for kill weapons.

Why are prices prices? Because there is a servere lack of item sinks. And certain items have demand and others don't. Pkers may lose their ags and buy another, PvMers will rarely lose their bgs. PvP items tend to circulate a lot more, hence there being a larger market for them.

Very important thing:
Meta means most effective tactic available, you can't have everything be viable in a meta, you wouldn't have a meta anymore then, nor would variety be variety because everything would be strong, and if everything is strong, nothing is.
;
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Paps
Pages: 1 2