The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Current anti-pjing system + freezes
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 04:10:32 pm »
I wouldn't mind the pj timer being changed, but people in edge should still be protected from being dbow spec'd by multiple people.

Freezes of all kinds, they do not stack with each other, in that i mean, if you use an ice barrage spell on someone, and it successfully freezes your opponent for 20 seconds, a zamorak godsword special attack should reset the timer because it's from a different SOURCE. That's like making every other special useless because the player is already under some effect? E.g you use a morrigan javelin spec, then follow up with an ags, you don't cancel the ags spec effect just because the person is under a javelin bleed?
Freezes should not stack. Permafreeze should never be a thing. We've been over this. Damage and a rooting effect aren't comparable things.

Teleport block, i did not know til yesterday, that recasting teleport block on someone DOES NOT reset the teleblock timer. You can keep casting it with no effect, how do i know when to recast it to teleblock my opponent? I suggest adding a higher timer to teleblock, or at least change it so that you can be teleblocked again which does reset the teleblock timer.
I wouldn't mind teleblock lasting until you enter a safe zone.

The current pjing is absoulutely ridiculous, you can run from level 5 wilderness to safety without being attacked when you were in combat at that point. Even if you manage to attack the person, the rate of splashes are insanely high which leaves no room to team pking in single area. Single area means 1v1 combat, not that you're safe from everyone else around you.
Because not being able to escape at all is fun and has counterplay. You should quite easily be able to escape at lvl 5 wildy.

I think making some big improvements to weapons, their specials, and some general systems, can make a lot of items more useful and have at least one place where you can use each weapon. I'd like to mention a few weapons that are currently out of the so called 'meta' right now: Zgs, Bgs, Korasi sword. All of those, are supposed to be powerful and commonly used weapons, where did you last see a korasi sword? When did you see a high level person pking with a bgs because it's good? The specials do not fit in the game, even when you spec someone with a bgs spec, a zip of defence potion not only takes it back to your initial level, but it boosts it back instantly to 118/123 depending on which potion was used. Korasi sword, the special is really really bad, it needs to be changed. Zamorakian spear, we buffed all weapons' special attacks damage after we had the armour nerf, but zs has no spec, we left it kinda weak. It needs to be improved, same with zamorak godsword, why is bgs price 3m and ags 40m? I believe there are equal amount of those in the game, it's because of the usefullness, ags is known for damage, we need to find something that makes bgs good too! And it's definitely not lowering defence level, not to mention we have a weapon that's better for that, a statius warhammer that even guarantees a defence reduction.
Zgs is a guarranteed 25s freeze, I quite honestly think it's fine. Two godswords are for PvM, two godswords are for PvP. An interesting way to buff bgs might be to have it drain prayer as well. Though changing the way bgs' defense lowering works would work as well.

Korasi would see more use if absorbtion bonus came into the picture. I've suggested it and thomy liked it. Korasi may need a bit higher accuracy but apart from that it's fine.

Zs is currently a pretty commonly used weapon and pretty far from weak. If you want zs to be buffed, giving it an increased accuracy to low hp targets would be fine. It establishes it's function as an execution weapon. Extra % accuracy per % missing enemy hp. I don't want to hear 'it hits too low' it can hit over 60 in dh which, without a spec cost, is plenty. We don't need RNG-reliant 80s for kill weapons.

Why are prices prices? Because there is a servere lack of item sinks. And certain items have demand and others don't. Pkers may lose their ags and buy another, PvMers will rarely lose their bgs. PvP items tend to circulate a lot more, hence there being a larger market for them.

Very important thing:
Meta means most effective tactic available, you can't have everything be viable in a meta, you wouldn't have a meta anymore then, nor would variety be variety because everything would be strong, and if everything is strong, nothing is.
-Perma freeze should indeed never be a thing
-Tb lasting till safe zone isn't needed.
-Yes escaping from level 5 should be easy, however being able to run for 5 levels before someone else can attacking you shouldn't be possible. Hence the reduced pj timer suggestion.
The following users liked this post: Charr, Ledomy10, King Jan

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 06:21:29 pm »
Don't mind me, just moping away the little drama what is left in this thread.
____________________$$$$
______$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$$$
____$$$$$$$$$$$$$___$$$$$$
___$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$___$$
____$$$$_____$$$$$$$
_____$$$$__$$$$$$$$$
______$$$$$$$$$_$$$$
______$$$$$$____$$$$
____$$$$$$$_____$$$$
___$$$$$__$$____$$$$
___$$$$____$$___$$$$
___$$$$_____$$__$$$$
____$$$$_____$$__$$
____$$$$$_____$$$
______$$$$_____$$$
_____$$$$$$$_____$$
_____$$$$$$$______$$
____$$$$$$$$_______$$
___$$$$_$$$$________$$
___$$$$_$$$$_________$$$$0 DRAMA
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123, King Jan

Offline 123456789xd

• Liked: 61 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 05:35:25 pm »
This would make rushers even more powerfull ;(
Then life is giving you lemons you go make billions
-Avenus

Back at it again with Kaute

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 12:21:23 pm »
So are we just going to ignore this now?

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 01:43:44 pm »
Not everything put right on top of my to-do list. Some things may take a week or two until I have decided if it's a good change or not.

Anyway, there'll be minor changes to teleblocking and pjing. The next update notes will contain the details.
The following users liked this post: Blue Bird
Pages: 1 2