The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
crashed star.
« on: December 02, 2017, 02:25:26 pm »
since we don't have world 2 anymore, i think that the star spawn time should be reduced...by A LOT. it takes approx 3 hours for a new star to spawn at the moment and with this rate, it's much more worth it to just go for 99 mining with regular rune pickaxe if you're an ironman. of course, this problem concerns players who play on regular accounts as well, because they can get golden mining set as well. the only scenario i see where ironmen would grind for dragon pickaxe is if they'd go further than 99 mining skill.
thoughts?

EDIT: or make the star contain a lot more stardust instead.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:27:35 pm by Zudikas95187 »
The following users liked this post: Skillz Purez

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: crashed star.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 02:46:26 pm »
My proposal would be to increase its XP rates by a LOT. I think people would be then far more interested mining it and go for the golden mining suit.
Xp increase could be as high as 2,5x and if the star is in wilderness it could be 4x compared to what it is currently. Amount of stardust could also be increased to like 1,6k or 2k too.

Offline Skillz Purez

• Liked: 486 times
  • +0/-0
  • What defies us is how well we rise after falling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 03:02:08 pm »
I actually agree with this.
Since world 2 doesn't exist any longer It would be fair to reduce the time. I really thought shooting stars are pretty much dead content nowadays cause It can actually take weeks to finally get full golden miner set or/and dragon pickaxe . I'm pretty sure we don't have any other item in-game which takes so long to obtain & we're in need of some changes really. I've been mining stars myself lately cause of losing my boots in the wilderness & i can see ironmen with 90 or even 99 mining and they haven't even had the chance to enjoy bonuses that golden miner set can offer, It should not be that hard to obtain & making stars fall more often would be a minor change but will make huge difference to ironmen as well as mains.

I also like JP's idea about having increased stardust, but in my opinion the XP rates should remain the way that it is now because you'll get 99 mining too quick and the bonuses of golden miner set should be attractive enough to keep mining stars.

I don't know if it will be better to increase stardust amount per crashed star or make it fall more often, but something has to be done.
(Thanks Bluestorm for the sexy siggy)
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 06:19:11 pm »
Agree.

Shortening the spawn time of the star or spawning more than 1 star per a time would be good to go.

Also...

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=20054.0

Currently mining ring gives the same bonus effect as the whole golden mining set... one costs 5k stardust and another one 25k stardust  ??? ??? ???

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 06:21:18 pm »
Currently mining ring gives the same bonus effect as the whole golden mining set... one costs 5k stardust and another one 25k stardust  ??? ??? ???

They both stack anyway and you get to make a choice. Efficiently speaking you shouldn't go for neither.

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 98 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 06:56:30 am »
Don't make anything easier to obtain. Instead, buff the rewards.
At least make the star land every 2 hours instead of 3.
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 11:04:45 am »
dragon pickaxe is already good as it is, and feedback on golden mining set was already made here: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=20054.0

it doesn't matter how good either of those rewards are, if it's gonna take weeks just to get to them, while you could just go for 99 mining with a regular rune pickaxe and it'd still be much faster than getting a dragon pickaxe first and then mining regular rocks second.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 11:41:07 am »
it doesn't matter how good either of those rewards are, if it's gonna take weeks just to get to them, while you could just go for 99 mining with a regular rune pickaxe and it'd still be much faster than getting a dragon pickaxe first and then mining regular rocks second.
I don't think the first intention of crashed stars was for people to get 99 mining there. You're suppose to mine the star between other activities and once you reach a certain amount of dust you'll get a reward for it.
The question remains whether the rewards are worth the time it takes to get them. And based on people commenting here it seems like people do want the rewards.

I'd just reduce the time to 2 hours.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Skillz Purez, Bluesunrunne

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 01:18:49 pm »

That's exactly how you make the items easier to obtain :LUL:

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 98 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 02:12:12 pm »
thats why i said "at least"

edit:sorry, i suck at english i guess, what i meant to say was "at most"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:14:04 pm by Bluesunrunne »

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 02:39:42 pm »
thats why i said "at least"

edit:sorry, i suck at english i guess, what i meant to say was "at most"

But anyway, the problem with the set currently is that it's legit not even worth getting. The 5% bonus u get is not enough to make it worth, you'll reach your mining goal, whatever it is, faster by skipping getting the outfit and just power mining straight to the goal. It's a waste of time as it is.
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 08:19:08 pm »
Pages: 1