The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Golden mining set
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:08:58 pm »
Tried to find a topic on this but didn't find one.

So basically the set grants to a 5% xp boost to mining and smithing right and it costs 25k stardust - 1 fallen star contains a maximum of 1300 stardust and lands every couple hours. Now that we have only one world left that is pretty harsh. Also a lot of people tend to mine it, so if you get 200 dust off one you're blessed. Anyways, my point is that the set takes waaaaay too long to obtain - mining ring costs 1500 stardust and grants the same mining bonus as the 25k set; cooking, runecrafting, crafting and smithing all have purchasable gauntlets which cost nothing and these also grant a 5% xp boost - same as the couple weeks grind golden set. Something doesn't seem right here, does it?

A soution could be possibly buffing the set's xp boost to 3% per piece. Lowering the price would be unfair to the people who grinded for the dust, so that's probably not an option. Also would bring more life to this "minigame".

Opinions?
The following users liked this post: Iownu5xbetr, Bluesunrunne

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Golden mining set
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:20:33 pm »
Not going do proper reply as usual but I must say you do have a point on this subject. Golden Outfit is as good as you go for that 250M exp. Nothing else. Support this.

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:22:45 pm »
Tried to find a topic on this but didn't find one.

So basically the set grants to a 5% xp boost to mining and smithing right and it costs 25k stardust - 1 fallen star contains a maximum of 1300 stardust and lands every couple hours. Now that we have only one world left that is pretty harsh. Also a lot of people tend to mine it, so if you get 200 dust off one you're blessed. Anyways, my point is that the set takes waaaaay too long to obtain - mining ring costs 1500 stardust and grants the same mining bonus as the 25k set; cooking, runecrafting, crafting and smithing all have purchasable gauntlets which cost nothing and these also grant a 5% xp boost - same as the couple weeks grind golden set. Something doesn't seem right here, does it?

A soution could be possibly buffing the set's xp boost to 3% per piece. Lowering the price would be unfair to the people who grinded for the dust, so that's probably not an option. Also would bring more life to this "minigame".

Opinions?

Decreasing the cost sounds nice, even if it is "unfair", since they could use the set fully right from the start. Plus, the combat exp rates were reduced to oblivion, but only a few people complained about it.

Agreed I guess.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 12:45:57 pm »
It's legit not worth it unless you're going for either 250m smithing or 250m mining, and even then if you would've spent the time getting exp instead of mining stars you'd still get pretty close to 250 without the outfit. A direct buff to the exp boost would be nice.

Giving it a set effect that gives you a chance to not use up special energy when using adze spec might also be interesting.
;
The following users liked this post: Bluesunrunne

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 12:51:32 pm »
Giving it a high chance (maybe 50%) chance to consume the ores you mine to give full smelting experience (maybe even extra? Like 150%) would make it very attractive and very useful outfit to get.
1 ore = 1 bar, so as you mine you'd get xp for smelting 2 bars. Coals smelt into steel and uncuts from gem stones give crafting XP when consumed.

Edit. That's a full set effect
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:54:35 pm by Jp »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 01:11:46 pm »
Giving it a high chance (maybe 50%) chance to consume the ores you mine to give full smelting experience (maybe even extra? Like 150%) would make it very attractive and very useful outfit to get.
1 ore = 1 bar, so as you mine you'd get xp for smelting 2 bars. Coals smelt into steel and uncuts from gem stones give crafting XP when consumed.

This would be nice too.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:17:36 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Earl

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 08:55:34 pm »
Could also have the whole set boost your mining and smithing level.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, S Clegane

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 03:05:48 pm »

I'd heavily support this idea.

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 98 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 12:24:13 pm »
I'm all for it.

Offline Originalhc

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 12:29:37 pm »
Awesome idea!

Offline Handcuffs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 12:33:23 pm »
Great idea

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 12:51:58 pm »

I solidly acknowledge this concept.
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Earl

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 11:59:41 am »

This is the current situation, getting 25k to get a set that boosts your experience rates by just 5% literally takes a month of active star hunting.
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf, Bluesunrunne

Offline Earl

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 04:35:00 pm »
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Bluesunrunne

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 06:39:00 pm »

This is the current situation, getting 25k to get a set that boosts your experience rates by just 5% literally takes a month of active star hunting.
Rasmus, is that you?! What the hell mate

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I
Pages: 1 2