The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
both dieng on stake.
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:59:21 am »
its so freaking annoying that when i stake and we both die, you can lose all your items. make a shit system that you just recieve your items back. i died 8 times in a row and didnt recieved anything. its shit. fix it. thank you.

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: both dieng on stake.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 01:51:42 pm »
its so freaking annoying that when i stake and we both die, you can lose all your items. make a shit system that you just recieve your items back. i died 8 times in a row and didnt recieved anything. its shit. fix it. thank you.
It's always been like this.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:13:48 pm »
Easy solution: don't stake.

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 10:19:00 pm »
Easy solution: don't stake.
He knows what's up.

Sorry but you're the one taking the risk

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Mary

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 11:18:47 pm »
Its a 50% chance to win or lose on draw, just like its a 50% chance to win or lose when you enter the fight...
You just got really unlucky, no reason to change it for that.

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 06:44:49 am »
If you don't want to lose your items, don't stake.
that's what I've learned lol..

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 09:49:09 am »
oke so i have dont some more stakes, and im counting it atm, the result is not a chance of winning. im sure of that. ive had 23 both died and won 2... thats not normal..

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 10:41:28 am »
Its a 50% chance to win or lose on draw

No. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Player_identification_number

Each player posses a number called PID, which is 'handed out' to players by the server when they log in. In Emps, the PID each player gets should be random, and is not tied to the order they log in or the length of their current game session like it was in RS Classic.

''You could approximate your player I.D. by following a player and having them run. The delay between your friend moving and your character moving was believed to be caused by your player I.D. If the delay was longer than normal, you have a higher player I.D. than the other player.''

Players with low PID are prioritized over players with high PID. If a players gets unlucky and gets a high PID, the chances of winning even one draw duel are really, really low.

Having 50% win chance on draw duels would require each player to be force logged out and in BEFORE the duel, so they get a new unknown random PID that cannot be affected by any player actions during a duel. If players were force logged after the duel, they could simply keep manually logging in and out to ''find'' a low PID to get prioritized first. If you log out during a duel, you lose.

Players also cannot have the same PID. This means that the problem can ONLY be fixed by disposing the current system completely and replacing it with a new one. This was done in RS only a bit over year ago, thus making it very unlikely that Thomy could make this happen.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:43:50 am by Someone12116 »

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 10:56:33 am »

Each player posses a number called PID, which is 'handed out' to players by the server when they log in. In Emps, the PID each player gets should be random, and is not tied to the order they log in or the length of their current game session like it was in RS Classic.

''You could approximate your player I.D. by following a player and having them run. The delay between your friend moving and your character moving was believed to be caused by your player I.D. If the delay was longer than normal, you have a higher player I.D. than the other player.''

Players with low PID are prioritized over players with high PID. If a players gets unlucky and gets a high PID, the chances of winning even one draw duel are really, really low.

Having 50% win chance on draw duels would require each player to be force logged out and in BEFORE the duel, so they get a new unknown random PID that cannot be affected by any player actions during a duel. If players were force logged after the duel, they could simply keep manually logging in and out to ''find'' a low PID to get prioritized first. If you log out during a duel, you lose.

Players also cannot have the same PID. This means that the problem can ONLY be fixed by disposing the current system completely and replacing it with a new one. This was done in RS only a bit over year ago, thus making it very unlikely that Thomy could make this happen.
That's not the case in emps. http://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=2172.msg13809#msg13809

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 11:02:38 am »

That's not the case in emps. http://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=2172.msg13809#msg13809

Judging by Troq748's win/lose ration, I wouldn't call it random at all.

Mary

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 11:29:24 am »

Judging by Troq748's win/lose ration, I wouldn't call it random at all.
Well, theoretically there is ALWAYS a chance to lose 8 times in a row with 50% chance of losing and winning. It's just pretty small but it can happen.
Pages: 1