The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
attack immunity timer
« on: January 20, 2016, 11:24:59 am »
Most of the pkers and me don't like this new update. While you are both like on 10-20 hp and you both have eaten once, another player can just come across and rush you. Or a ranger can be just be watching the fight from far away and while you are both eating, he can attack you with his Dark bow. First of all, you lose your fight because you can't attack your first opponent anymore. Second of all, you can die while getting rushed that way...
Make it back like it was before, of just increase the timer please, because it's like on 2-3 seconds??

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: attack immunity timer
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 12:55:16 pm »
Even though I think this system is viable for deep wilderness pking, I understand it ruins edge pking right now. I underestimated the impact it would have when suggesting this because I thought people wouldn't abuse the system as much. I was wrong.

However, as I said before, I believe it is needed to enhance small team pking in singles. A solution could be to make a certain area of the wilderness, let's call this the edgeville location for now, pj free. E.G. wilderness levels 1-10 north of edgeville or levels 1-10 in general.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:57:01 pm by Lars »
The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 03:45:34 pm »
Seems like this should've been tested...
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 03:48:16 pm »
The thing is it was tested, the immunity timer we have now had a place in either this or scape. It was shit and everyone hated it therefore it was changed to what it was now (prior to upd8)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:50:00 pm by Drugs »

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 04:23:10 pm »
How do you suggest to test something like this? Trial and error is the only thing I can come up with. The system before the update catered to only one way of pking alone, 1 on 1 edge pking. A way to expand this was by implementing this update.

Offline Fireblast12

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 04:42:49 pm »
Agree with the suggestion, the timer now is crap..

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 04:49:22 pm »
it's even too ridiculously low for a non pker to realize.
agree.

Offline En3mey

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ex-Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 04:56:31 pm »
The idea of the low immunity timer is like to encourage the rushers and let the pkers die..
We-the pkers- are not enjoying pking because the non-multi places is most likely like fighting in multi..
Everyone disagreed to this update and everyone needs the pk to return to however it was.ty
I sell Graphics

Offline Zudikas95187

• +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 04:59:50 pm »
The idea of the low immunity timer is like to encourage the rushers and let the pkers die..
aren't rushers pkers as well? because you know, pk translates into "player killing"
but i still agree with the suggestion.

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 05:22:57 pm »
That is not the 'idea' of this update at all. The idea of this update is to stimulate pking with a small team in deep wilderness non-multi areas. Why is this needed? Because right now it is impossible to kill people when you are by yourself unless the stat/armour difference is insane.

This whole rushing/pjing thing that is happening right now is merely an unwanted side effect. In my opinion this outweights the benefits and changes are much needed. As I stated before either go back to the previous system or implement a system that still allows for coordinated team pking in singles whilst safeguarding 1v1 fights in edgeville. (the no-pjing zone)

Offline En3mey

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ex-Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 05:38:57 pm »
Actually I was giving an example but okay..
I sell Graphics

Offline Ryciukas

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 06:42:43 pm »
BIGGEST FCKING BULLSHITT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN FCKING ONE FIGHT  5 GUYS PJING U. AFTER THE FIGHT THEN I RAN OUT OF WILD 5 TO SAFE ZONE 3 DIFERENT GUYS SPECKED ME. WHAT A RETARD COULD GIVE THIS IDEA????????

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 06:50:00 pm »
BIGGEST FCKING BULLSHITT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN FCKING ONE FIGHT  5 GUYS PJING U. AFTER THE FIGHT THEN I RAN OUT OF WILD 5 TO SAFE ZONE 3 DIFERENT GUYS SPECKED ME. WHAT A RETARD COULD GIVE THIS IDEA????????
That would be me.

Offline Zudikas95187

• +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 06:57:33 pm »
That would be me.
inb4 all the players that complain about the update are rushing themselves...

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 07:14:32 pm »
How do you suggest to test something like this? Trial and error is the only thing I can come up with. The system before the update catered to only one way of pking alone, 1 on 1 edge pking. A way to expand this was by implementing this update.
Simply by having two people fight and one attempt to pj them, and then a conclusion being taken from that. Had it been properly tested the mess that edgeville is atm would've been prevented, no?

That is not the 'idea' of this update at all. The idea of this update is to stimulate pking with a small team in deep wilderness non-multi areas. Why is this needed? Because right now it is impossible to kill people when you are by yourself unless the stat/armour difference is insane.
Deep wildy pking needs to be encouraged a bit more for it to actually happen. Currently there isn't really a reason to move deeper into the wilderness if you're interested in fighting people.
;
Pages: 1 2