The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Mr Emche

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: About the (possible) upcoming GE
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 03:10:46 pm »
Little history lesson :

In the ancient dynasty of China , Traders and merchants are in the lowest level of society's hierarchy . Now you know why . :D

Offline Back At It

• Liked: 75 times
  • +0/-0
  • Time Zone: CST
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 05:33:28 pm »
There will be a free limit to set whatever your price. But there will be a number that indicates what the regular price is what the item goes for, which is an average of the most recent trades of that item on the Grand exchange.
So for eg

I sell my Dragon scim for 100k on my price - Free limit for whatever price i want

And the normal price is 400k(lets give an example)

Is that what are you trying to say mary?;o
Yeah if the average trade price is 400k you'll be able to set it at 1 coin or 2b doesnt matter. Not saying that either one of those is very smart though. And it'll only take completed trades into account (obviously)

I feel as if this system leaves the door open for someone to buy out the cheap items, then trade one item back and forth between 2 accounts (via the GE) which would forcefully push the price up. Is there going to be some way to manage this?

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 01:20:07 am »
Since when has merching been a bad thing? It's a skill in moneymaking.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline Reemster

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • I am the Great Cornholio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 10:37:27 am »

merching has never been a good thing, its invented by so called lvl 3 'skillers', which werent skilled enough to actually make money with skilling, so they started merching

Little history lesson :

In the ancient dynasty of China , Traders and merchants are in the lowest level of society's hierarchy . Now you know why . :D

thank you

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit
The less u need, the longer shit takes

Offline Hayden

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 07:03:20 am »

merching has never been a good thing, its invented by so called lvl 3 'skillers', which werent skilled enough to actually make money with skilling, so they started merching
Well as I see it, I merch I'm 126 combat, I use one single account, the system Thomy makes won't work if on the same ip (I know that people can use different ip addresses) <--- this is only an assumption.

if you don't know how to merch you're obviously impatient, and can't be bothered waiting for someone to come and try to buy something for an expensive price, if you want to learn how to merch have one account in ge and one pvp/ming that's how I passed the time.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:40:22 am by Hayden »

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 09:34:42 pm »

If you can manage to do it, it's perfectly legitimate as it's catering to an economy's needs based on urgency. If you really want it, buy it high from a merchant. Else be patient and buy it for a price you consider reasonable. Don't hate on those who have the patience you lack.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline Pkerstr132

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 12:42:41 am »
Problem with constructing a GE is it comes with bugs and glitches haven't seen a server yet that is able to completely replicate RS. Plus stalkers are annoying I liked it how edge was filled and that was where most the money making was at

Offline Reemster

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • I am the Great Cornholio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 10:22:18 pm »

If you can manage to do it, it's perfectly legitimate as it's catering to an economy's needs based on urgency. If you really want it, buy it high from a merchant. Else be patient and buy it for a price you consider reasonable. Don't hate on those who have the patience you lack.

Economy SHOULD be based on supply and demand, THATS what should get prices up or down, NOT these idiots with your so called 'patience' who just keep on selling higher and higher, its FUCKING bs

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit
The less u need, the longer shit takes

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 12:28:50 am »
The economy is entirely in the hands of the players, both the buyers and the sellers. Merchanting works because the economy is small enough for a single demand to be worth a price increase. If someone desperately wants an item, he'll usually want to overpay for it. Instead of trying to sell for a more normal price, the general merching approach is to always sell at the price someone desperate will but it for.
Why sell it for less if you can sell it for more?

It's pixel-hungry and greedy, sure. But we're forgetting most humans are greedy by nature. It's the entire greed for more money, or certain items that creates the changes in a price. Merchers are far from the scrum of the earth, they're usually working towards some goal just like you are.
Some people feel rather unlucky with pvm, or are in general bored of skilling, so they merch. At the end of the day, it's still the buyer's choice at what price they buy stuff, though supply is often lower the lower the price. In the end people would much rather overpay for something they want than spend all eternity trying to buy it, and that's okay.

G.E. won't change much to merching or the economy. We'll just have both larger supply and larger demand, due to people being able to put in orders and leave them. I suspect most things will stay the same. There will still be merching, there will still be people desperate for items and there will still be overpricing. Long story short; don't buy it if you think it isn't worth the money.

/rant
;

Offline Kaner

• Liked: 509 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 05:12:54 am »
I haven't experienced a grand exchange properly. I know the basics of it, but that's about it. I haven't tried it on Rune-scape nor have I tried it on any other server. That being said I'm extremely interested to see what the G.E does to the marketing.

As a player from an "odd" time zone, I'm hoping the grand exchange will make buying/selling stuff a whole lot easier.

They will continue to do their shit, but they will have to deal with less profit per item. This is good for average players, since the prices will get a little bit more balanced.

^^ If this is the case then it's perfectly fine then ^_^

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 12:22:48 am »
If the ge is anything like it is in rs then it should be good
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Death S0ul

• Liked: 10 times
  • +0/-0
  • The hated one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 03:05:09 am »
I have some questions about GE, if anyone can explaine it to me.
1. Think what will happen with players who are at GE tele place sellying and buying items right now, what will they do? Because There are like half of the players who are selling and buying items.
2. If someone buys item with like 15m and there are like 3 guys who sell that item with 10m, 12m, 15m. Do you get the cheapest and money 5m back or u take the one what costs 15m?
3. Is there any other private servers who have managed to make GE really work?

Sorry, I dont have any experiences with GE, thats why my questions may seem stupid.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:20:42 am by Death S0ul »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 08:02:02 am »
1. Think what will happen with players who are at GE tele place sellying and buying items right now, what will they do? Because There are like half of the players who are selling and buying items.

They won't need to spend 2 months buying supplies for things, so they can finally play the actual game. I still believe that a lot of players will spend time in GE training skills, speaking with people and buying stuff manually.

2. If someone buys item with like 15m and there are like 3 guys who sell that item with 10m, 12m, 15m. Do you get the cheapest and money 5m back or u take the one what costs 15m?

You get the cheapest and 5M money back.

If you sell something for 15M, and there are people buying it for 15M, 18M and 20M, you will get the 20M.

3. Is there any other private servers who have managed to make GE really work?

Dunno.

Offline Karil

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 01:34:04 pm »

If you sell something for 15M, and there are people buying it for 15M, 18M and 20M, you will get the 20M.

This is a paradox... You'll get 15m if you sell for 15m, you should just have tried 20m first then. Else money would just spawn out of nowhere.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 01:41:59 pm »

This is a paradox... You'll get 15m if you sell for 15m, you should just have tried 20m first then. Else money would just spawn out of nowhere.

???
If you sell stuff, you get the highest buy offer. The money gets transferred from player A to player B, so no money is spawned.
Pages: 1 2 3