The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
Go to school - Real Story - Avenus
« on: August 19, 2015, 08:27:29 pm »
Go to school kids, finds a hobby.
Do whatever makes you happy, but think about your future at the same time. Have a plan B in life, cause plan A wont always work. Sure play emps world, if you have a dream getting maxed do so! But remember you got a family and friends and irl to live aswell.

Fucked myself over with plan a and plan b. But i managed to save myself with a plan c that i didnt have back then.
It took a lot of mental courage to get back in routines but now im here.
Hitting gym everyday, play poker, hang out with friends, living the best years off my life. Gold years as they call it.
Random trips to foreign countries, roadtrips, festivals and most random adventures you could ever think off.
You dont want to miss that, but you still need to have a plan for your future, it is so important.

Wake up, get breakfast. Get to school, stay in school during all lectures and do your best. Go home, and have fun.
Some years from now you will thank your past-self for the great plans you had for your life.
And yes i know its not easy to have plans for life being so young, so again please. Do your best at school and
have every option available!!!

The following users liked this post: Keiskelar

Offline Keiskelar

• Liked: 180 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Go to school - Real Story - Avenus
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 08:31:38 pm »
I really liked it m8, but it wont work for me, cuz I'm only 13 I dont have that much to think about in life atm except my friends and grades but Im an excellent student so I don't have that much but to hang out.

O-T: I really liked the video Even, keep them coming :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:35:04 pm by Keiskelar »

You don't get postcount in Off-Topic Section btw.

#Joshiee

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity,
and I’m not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einste
The following users liked this post: Avenus

Offline Make It Real

• Liked: 165 times
  • +0/-0
  • mai gramma is beter than ur grandma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 08:39:16 pm »
Did You cried while You were talking?
The following users liked this post: Keiskelar, Subzero

Offline Avenus

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 08:44:38 pm »
I really liked it m8, but it wont work for me, cuz I'm only 13 I dont have that much to think about in life atm except my friends and grades but Im an excellent student so I don't have that much but to hang out.

Dirfference between me and you at that age was that i gave no fuck at school.
Because i was natural smart and knew i would get through doing well by doing nothing while other people work their ass off
and still doesnt understand most :/ But one day it will be opposite.
So keep on being an excellent student and do your best!

Ofc i didn't cry lmao

Offline Keiskelar

• Liked: 180 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 08:47:17 pm »

i was natural
^ Same

I almost cried lmfao
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:51:11 pm by Keiskelar »

You don't get postcount in Off-Topic Section btw.

#Joshiee

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity,
and I’m not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einste

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 09:38:42 pm »
"You gonna be shit" - Avenus 2k15

Joshiee begging in the PMs there, what a noob...

Offline Icedrags

• Liked: 793 times
  • +0/-0
  • I don't wanna wait now, But I know you gonna make
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 11:15:58 pm »
such inspo, many tears  :'(

wise words
Doge Airlines
The Three Musketeers

Do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days,
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

Creative twant since november 22, 1995 :kappa:

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 11:16:54 pm »
What.fucks.you.up.most.in.life.is.putting.your.fucking.eggs.in.one.basket.like.you.said.with.icehockey.
You.focused.so.much.on.it.and.when.you.failed.you.were.stuck.

I.have.done.that.same.shit.in.life.where.I.put.all.my.hope.or.whatever.into.one.particular.shit.and.when.it.fails.shit.goes.south.

we.should.have.a.board.about.life.and.shit.

Offline Fate

• Liked: 859 times
  • +0/-0
  • You're the author, not the protagonist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 02:44:42 am »
Although I don't want to digress from your main message, I am compelled to point out that you're over generalizing your advice.  A backup plan is important for most people, such as people who don't have strong aspirations; however, a backup plan is a burden to those who do have strong aspirations and want nothing more than to achieve them.  If you want to live a safe life, have backup plans; if you want to commit wholeheartedly to your dream, then you can't allow yourself to have a backup plan -- you can't allow yourself to feel safe.

As I've said before, "When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges."  In other words, if you want to achieve greatness and make your dreams a reality, you have to be willing to put everything on the table, go all in, and leave nothing behind.  When you don't have a backup plan to protect you, you commit to your goal because it's all that you have, and you never hesitate.

Your Plan A should be good enough to handle multiple setbacks; the road to success is full of setbacks, and you need to be prepared for them.  If your Plan A fails, then it wasn't a good enough plan to begin with.  In life you get one shot - one attempt - so if you want to play it safe, that's fine, but don't assume everyone is as easily swayed as you.

It sounds to me like you've just given up; you've given in to the burdens that life throws at you.  As unfortunate as your story is, you came so close to making a comeback in hockey but gave up right at the end, after fighting for so long.

I'm going through the same situation with hockey right now, but I've never given up, and injuries are only motivation to try harder -- to show that nothing can stop me.  If you've lost your passion for hockey and want to live a safe life, that's fine, but if your passion still burns, you've made a big mistake by giving up.  I'd never be able to live with myself had I given up on my dreams because giving up on your dreams is depriving yourself the opportunity to live your one shot at life to the fullest.
The following users liked this post: Esam121, Icedrags, Kaner, Ledomy10, Keiskelar

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 09:37:37 am »
Very nice video, Avenus!

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Avenus

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 09:44:57 am »
Although I don't want to digress from your main message, I am compelled to point out that you're over generalizing your advice.  A backup plan is important for most people, such as people who don't have strong aspirations; however, a backup plan is a burden to those who do have strong aspirations and want nothing more than to achieve them.  If you want to live a safe life, have backup plans; if you want to commit wholeheartedly to your dream, then you can't allow yourself to have a backup plan -- you can't allow yourself to feel safe.

As I've said before, "When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges."  In other words, if you want to achieve greatness and make your dreams a reality, you have to be willing to put everything on the table, go all in, and leave nothing behind.  When you don't have a backup plan to protect you, you commit to your goal because it's all that you have, and you never hesitate.

Your Plan A should be good enough to handle multiple setbacks; the road to success is full of setbacks, and you need to be prepared for them.  If your Plan A fails, then it wasn't a good enough plan to begin with.  In life you get one shot - one attempt - so if you want to play it safe, that's fine, but don't assume everyone is as easily swayed as you.

It sounds to me like you've just given up; you've given in to the burdens that life throws at you.  As unfortunate as your story is, you came so close to making a comeback in hockey but gave up right at the end, after fighting for so long.

I'm going through the same situation with hockey right now, but I've never given up, and injuries are only motivation to try harder -- to show that nothing can stop me.  If you've lost your passion for hockey and want to live a safe life, that's fine, but if your passion still burns, you've made a big mistake by giving up.  I'd never be able to live with myself had I given up on my dreams because giving up on your dreams is depriving yourself the opportunity to live your one shot at life to the fullest.

When you get physical limitations its over.
Sure, i can chop off my legs and go play in the paralympics, but thats not where my passion is anymore.
My injury made me think, i know i will never be able to take it through next level with the knee injury i have.
But what i do know is that i can make the best out off what i can work with.

There is a difference between being lazy, and being passionate.
I have always been passionate for hockey. Sadly my knee injury wont allow me to compete any better than what i already do.

If plan A fails, you try the same thing over and over again.
But there comes a point in your life where your body fails, and you need to listen to it.

If it was nothing big, something that would go away eventually, sure i could go and give it all meanwhile.
But i can't. So now i've got a new plan. And i dont want to call it a plan b or a. Because it is my plan a.

But goodluck on your goals in hockey, i hope you succeed!

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 01:25:19 pm »
Very inspirational, I will go pro in csgo

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength