The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

Today's update mainly focuses on fixing a few problems and introduces PvP Highscores.

PvP Hiscores
It's been a while since the PvP ranking update was applied and we've now also collected enough data to properly display rankings on the homepage. You can have a look at PvP ranks here: https://emps-world.net/hiscores#skill,Wilderness,0 With this update I've also overhauled and modernized the Hiscores page.

Game Loader
I've updated the Game Loader. It's now able to update itself properly, news images no longer flicker and have a fading effect when new ones appear. There's now also a Repair Game option from within the settings. The new loader can be downloaded here: https://emps-world.net/play
You don't need to download the new loader, the old one will still do fine.

Game fixes / changes:
  • The overload refresh effect has been changed, because it was a problem in PvP and also completely negated any stat reduction effects from any monster. Don't worry, overloads still restore your stats and they can still be used with brews, but the effect has changed a little bit. Overloads now restore up to 6 levels every 4 seconds instead of a full stat restore every 5 seconds. Nothing changes if you take 1-2 zips of your brews, because your stats will be restored immediately. In fact it's even faster than before if you only take 1 zip. So unless you drink your whole brew at once this is a buff. However taking damage of a bgs special attack or drinking 2 entire brews in a row won't be recovered that quickly. My point here is that I don't want to completely counter stat reduction effects by just having the overload effect active.
  • A bug with void equipment bonus not showing has been fixed.
  • Overkill in PvP scenarios has been re-enabled. It shouldn't be possible to tick eat and avoid all incoming damage. I've made a mistake here and am sorry. :)
  • Blessed dragonhide vambraces and chaps now require level 1 Defence and have had their defensive bonuses adjusted.
  • Tyras Guard at the Grand Exchange now has a teleport option to Fight Caves.
  • The experience gain for spellbook teleports has been increased.
  • Berserker necklace now boosts obsidian claws damage.
  • Mithril dragon and green brutal dragon Defence levels have been reduced.
  • Broken virtus body is no longer untradeable.
  • The kill counters which determine who gets a drop in a PvP fight are now reset when leaving PvP combat and no longer when leaving combat at all. That means that whenever a fight between 2 players ends the kill counters are reset and the next fight will determine who gets the drop.
  • Ghost captain can now be found west of Barbarian village offering a teleport to Canifis.
  • Falador teleport has been re-added to the quest tab interface.
  • Double death trigger is no longer possible when healing after already being declared dead.
  • The cooldowns for fighting the same opponent in wildy to gain ELO have been increased.
  • Multi spells are now correctly hitting again in PvP.
  • A bug with the quiver has been fixed that allowed you to create arrows.

Engine fixes / changes:
  • Messages can no longer start or end with spaces. That should fix an issue where a space in front of a clan chat message or command won't let you type it.
  • Water that is no longer in camera space is also no longer rendered: frustum culling for water.

I'll now start working on several new wilderness activities. We have a new amulet planned as well as a new boss that drops new equipment. So stay tuned! ;)

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 05:36:10 am by Thomy »

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
Re: Updates September 18th - Bug Fixing, PvP Highscores and New Game Loader
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 05:43:36 am »
nice

Offline Turbo Drunk

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates September 18th - Bug Fixing, PvP Highscores and New Game Loader
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 05:49:18 am »
Awesome

Offline Possessed