The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I've got many different changes and updates ready for today. Please take your time and read through them, especially our spooky Halloween event! ;)

Halloween
I've added a new miniquest for the event! Talk to Roddeck in Draynor's Manor. I won't spoil you with any details, but here's a screenshot of Muncher:

Who's Muncher? You'll find out during the quest.

DPS and Accuracy
I've added your current dps and accuracy values to the attack style tab. These values depend on current enemy you're fighting, so don't be upset if your dps becomes lower on bosses! In detail: The last enemy you've hit. With this update, I've also tweaked the accuracy formulas a little bit to make sure you're not constantly hitting 0s on your enemy. This also affects the accuracy of enemies though. This change is only felt in situations where you or your enemy are be really tanky, so boss fights or high level PvP scenarios. Your weakness is no longer protecting you literally almost completely from damage. It also makes sure that your minimum hit chance doesn't fall below values where you're basically not going to hit anything anymore.

I've also furtherly taken a look at the current dps values and found quite a few flaws in the system, especially with how bows and crossbows work. Bows are in general faster than whips and staves, so their max hit should be lower.

Here's a summary of what combat balancing changes were done:
  • Thrown weapons were nerfed, because they were outclassing other ranging weapons by far. I've reduced their strength bonus and accuracy by about 15-20% to make sure they are in a spot where they are useful, but won't be overperforming. They are more useful against low defence targets, but will get inaccurate against stronger enemies and thus less effective.
  • Morrigan thrownaxe special attack buffed.
  • Spirit shields: They are just way too strong. I've reduced their offensive bonuses from 15 to 10 and strength bonuses from 10 to 7. In my opinion a shield with defensive bonuses and a useful operate option shouldn't straight up outclass defenders.
  • Arrow strength reduced by 25%.
  • Bolt strength buffed by 20%.
  • Special attack of magic shortbow and seercull has been nerfed, the 2nd hit now deals 60% of its original damage. This change was necessary to ensure your opponent cannot 1 hit you by just pressing on the special bar. Fast weapons have their strength in speed and not special attack.
  • The accurate ranged style now gives 20% bonus accuracy instead of 10 additional accuracy. You give up 0.5s of attack speed when using this attack style, so you should really benefit from it.
  • Dark bow special attack max hit buffed. With the nerf previously done to arrows, this needed to be adjusted.
  • Accuracy bonuses of Dharok and Guthan increased from 121 to 138.

Engine updates:
  • Shadow angle has been adjusted. Before the patch shadows were drawn as if it was sunrise or sunset, whereas now as if it's noon. Please bear in mind that this doesn't mean that game times are possible. There's still a lot of lighting work required for that to work well.
  • Further improvements to ground textures. The game now detects more different kinds of grounds.
  • Major adjustments to the maploader have been done. Alpha and non-alpha models are now correctly separated and rendered. This increases performance on slower computers and ensures correctness of what's behind windows. I've also identified quite a few problems when new regions were loading, such as mispositioned npcs and/or objects in the scene. I've intensively tested and fixed everything that I could come across. I wasn't able to reproduce npc or object misplacements anymore, but please let me know if they still occur to you! Most reports I've seen came from Emps-Wars or Pest Control.
  • Resting animation no longer shows particles and weapons/shields.
  • Local teleporting (no new map is loading) no longer refreshes the player list. You'll feel this change especially in crowded agility areas or at boss fights where you can be knocked back.
  • Shadows of roofs or terrain above you (Slayer tower) is now correctly casted without having to reload the upper structure. This is basically a small bugfix for shadows.
  • Music player overhauled. New songs now buffer while the current song is fading out. Resulting in a smoother transition between old and new songs. Quickly switching between songs will now also cancel out old ones and only play the new one.
  • A bug was fixed where animations could completely cancel out on slower machines, e.g. mining.
  • Fixed an issue with items being dropped while the map was loading. This could rarely bug out items and make them invisible.

Game changes and fixes:
  • Poison purge aura has been fixed. It now heals correctly.
  • Effect Restoration code for leaving special areas (houses, duels, minigames, etc.) has been changed. You'll no longer lose all potion effects and stat restoring now depends on the situation. Leaving houses will no longer restore your prayer points or clear poisons. However leaving minigames will still do so. I've reviewed that part carefully and picked situations where negative effects should be cleared and where not.
  • Shop value for colored max capes increased.
  • Following monsters now also get the Slayer helm damage bonus on their minions: General Graardor, Kree'arra, K'ril Tsutsaroth, Commander Zilyana, Nex, Glacors, Smoke Demon Champion, Nechryael and Chronozon. The effect was already working on minions in fight caves, but I'll mention it here nonetheless.
  • Nex combat has received slight adjustments to ensure that all of her important animations are shown. Phases are now checked once every attack cycle and thus cannot cancel out some of her attacks. Moreover, aoe attacks now freeze Nex for 2 seconds instead of 1 to ensure everyone can clearly see that a dodgeable attack is incoming.
  • Items lost at the Smoke Demon Champion are now dropped outside of the boss room.
  • Inferno Adze can now be used while being in your inventory.
  • Godswords attack speed decreased (buffed) by 0.5 seconds. This has been a bug for a long time that I haven't ever noticed.
  • Attack speed of gladiator maul decreased (buffed) by 0.5 seconds.
  • Wilderness obelisks are now teleporting correctly again.
  • Certain music areas have been expanded (dungeons, GE, etc.)
  • Nex is now dropping a pet version of herself.

Modelling
I've created a custom model format for emps, which allows us to import and create models from 3rd party programs. We've created a mini nex version and flying pet dragons:

Oldschool Emps-World
I haven't really found time to develop it besides the current game and also probably won't in the future. I'm going to drop the project, because it won't be worth the time and effort. Creating a completely new game is imho a bad decision and would split the community apart. We've also recently grown and I'd like to continue developing what's proven to be successful. Nonetheless, I'll have a look at optionally enabling an oldschool look in the game for a more classic feeling.

I hope you enjoy this update! Let me know what you think of it with a reply below. I'm also sorry for not releasing a new boss by the end of October as promised, but the Halloween event, combat rebalancing and dps investigations were quite a hit on the development stack. I'll see to get it done as soon as possible. However, I am revealing some details of the upcoming bosses: It will be a similar challenge to Nex and 6 new weapons are planned; 2 per combat style. The requirements will be 85 in the respective combat skill and the weapons are coming as 1h and 2h variant. My aim is to make those weapons rather accurate than strong, so that they'll be useful in PvM but mediocre in PvP.

All the best,
Thomy

Fixes and Changes of 28th:
  • I've taken a closer look at spirit shields and their equipment alternatives and reverted their bonuses back to their original state. However, with this change, I'm also adjusting the ice shield: It now has the defensive bonuses of a tier 80 shield, but has its strength bonus changed from 10 to 5. I do realize that this is quite a big change, but it effectively can't just be a power-up to a spirit shields. I would like to keep spirit shields in their current state of being power shields. Meaning that they are giving you good offensive bonuses at the cost of defensive bonuses. This only works if other shields don't follow the power shield trend and thus the ice shield had to be adjusted.
  • Doors in houses are working again.
  • A bug with obelisks in the wilderness was fixed, which could get you stuck.
  • Certain pets can now be used as non-members: Muncher, Raven, Pet dragons and Present imps.
  • Pet following formula has been updated. Pets won't disappear anymore when teleporting and won't get stuck after using stairs.
  • Maxhit tooltip for magic shortbow and seercull updated.
  • The bolt ranged strength buff of 20% is a little bit too much. I've adjusted it to be 15% of their strength before the update, so it's now a 15% buff instead of a 20% one.
  • A bug was fixed where teleport graphics would flicker.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 08:06:14 am by Thomy »

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates October 27th 2017 - Halloween, Combat Improvements and More!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 06:59:50 am »
bump - until drugs replies

Offline Ristopossu

• Liked: 14 times
  • +0/-0
  • Lurking the streets of Emps since the beginning
    • View Profile
Great work nice update!
_____Everywhere that I go ain't the same as before___

___People I used to know just don't know me no more_

_____But everywhere that I go I got people I know____

___Who got people they know so I suggest you lay low_
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Great work nice update!
Hey that's my job
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Il Pk I, Skill0wzer, Il Skill L, Pr0skillz, Bluestorm, Ravioli

Offline Ristopossu

• Liked: 14 times
  • +0/-0
  • Lurking the streets of Emps since the beginning
    • View Profile
_____Everywhere that I go ain't the same as before___

___People I used to know just don't know me no more_

_____But everywhere that I go I got people I know____

___Who got people they know so I suggest you lay low_

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 98 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
What will i get for bringing skulls to the reaper guy, and what are the chances of getting a skull for a drop?

Offline Iownu5xbetr

• Liked: 29 times
  • +0/-0
  • *Always #1* : Respect. Loyalty. Family.
    • View Profile
Great update Thomy. And also great choice with canceling oldschool.
In Real Life Name: Jake
In Game Username: Iownu5xbetr
XxX Proud Emps-Scape Player Since Summer 2009 XxX
xXx If You Need Any Help Send Me Pm In Game or Forums xXx

*  Thread In Off-Topic Coming Soon For My Truck's Future and Past Updates (:  *

All Truck Mods, Upgrades, and Restoration Pictures:
https://gyazo.com/collections/42aea246670ceeb4fc35cd7edbadb6ca

Offline Rotanas

• Liked: 279 times
  • +0/-0
  • rotanas
    • View Profile
kinda sad you nerf spirit shields, now i must think again what to take defender or spirit shield for this task.
before everyvhere i take spirit shields.
good job on nex pet im waited for that :).

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Thrown weapons were nerfed, because they were outclassing other ranging weapons by far. I've reduced their strength bonus and accuracy by about 15-20% to make sure they are in a spot where they are useful, but won't be overperforming. They are more useful against low defence targets, but will get inaccurate against stronger enemies and thus less effective.
Another throwing weapon nerf.

Spirit shields: They are just way too strong. I've reduced their offensive bonuses from 15 to 10 and strength bonuses from 10 to 7. In my opinion a shield with defensive bonuses and a useful operate option shouldn't straight up outclass defenders.
Arcane has never fucking outclassed ddef, I've made at least two topics about how inferior arcane is to other shields. Their defense bonuses are that of a rune kiteshield, they are by no means high. Arcane and ely were already flat out not viable, you've just gone and made that worse.

Defenders only go up to dragon. They are easy as shit to obtain. Should a dragon defender flat out outclass arcane? I'd be more okay with that if there was a higher tier version that offered similar stats to ddef.

The operate is very strong situationally, however you should take into account that it's not something you'll bother using in every situation. It shouldn't justify the spirit shield stats getting gutted again and again.

Special attack of magic shortbow and seercull has been nerfed, the 2nd hit now deals 60% of its original damage. This change was necessary to ensure your opponent cannot 1 hit you by just pressing on the special bar. Fast weapons have their strength in speed and not special attack.
Change seercull spec back to what is was.

Leaving houses will no longer restore your prayer points or clear poisons.
This is a shame, it was quite nice to have.

I'm going to drop the project, because it won't be worth the time and effort.
POGCHAMP

My aim is to make those weapons rather accurate than strong, so that they'll be useful in PvM but mediocre in PvP.
If they hit consistently they'll be really good in PvP as well. Might not be for killing, but you've got special attacks for that.

kinda sad you nerf spirit shields, now i must think again what to take defender or spirit shield for this task.
before everyvhere i take spirit shields.
The only spirit shields that weren't straight up outclassed were divine and spectral. Divine has no alternative and spectral doesn't have anything to compete with it. Ice shield and ddef were already better than ely and arcane.
;

Offline Hugo Terwiss

• Liked: 362 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Great update Thomy! Keep on the good work!  8)

Emps-world Player Moderator Since June 16, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since October 29, 2015
Emps-World Player Moderator Since February 26, 2016

Resigned as staff member on the 12th of July, 2016
Emps-World Player Moderator Since September 27, 2017

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
Niceupdates.

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Thrown weapons were nerfed, because they were outclassing other ranging weapons by far. I've reduced their strength bonus and accuracy by about 15-20% to make sure they are in a spot where they are useful, but won't be overperforming. They are more useful against low defence targets, but will get inaccurate against stronger enemies and thus less effective.

Finally the time has came to its end where my Dragon darts will be dropped once and forever.
I don't get it tbh, Update after update you're making it harder to use the darts
like people are paying 1k each for their arrows, we have to pay over 15k for the darts ( well ofc before the update, now its stupid to pay more than 500gp each ).

Good to have a quest but this part ruined the fun of it ^

Edit : after I've finished the 1.5 min quest long, I've expected something better tbh
same shop as last year, almost same quest but this time we have a bad looking pet

like trying my best to not hate on this update or look not thankful for it, but I believe you rushed it.

Engine updates > somehow this made me lose some fps

nex pet, flying dragons looks amazing otherthan that was a bit disappointment for me

hopefully next update will be much better

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:15:31 pm by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
These pets make me wanna go get em cos they look like kar when hes tilted :pogchamp:

Offline Archer

• Liked: 26 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Great job and very nice updates, Thomy! Keep it up! :D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 01:42:43 pm by Archer »

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
  • :3
    • View Profile
Sweet update, time to get back to nexing ;)
"Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:
Pages: 1 2 3