The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates October 24th 2016 - Spooky, spooky Halloween!
« on: October 02, 2016, 08:08:41 am »
Hello guys,

Halloween Event - Kolodion
You may have been wondering... what has Kolodion been doing all this time? He's been hiding in the wilderness and is finally ready to come back! I'm introducing a new kind of bossing system and would like to know and see if you guys enjoy that or not. Kolodion will spawn at a random location in the wilderness every 30 minutes. You can ask the Wilderness guide in Edgeville about Kolodion's current spawn status and location. Kolodion is using a new drop system. Everybody participating in the fight against him will get a drop. The only restriction to that is, that you need to hit at least 10 on him. So this means, that you can kill him with as many friends as you like, everybody will get a drop. The drop tables are especially good, because the event takes place in the wilderness and the boss can only be killed once every 30 minutes! Also... you can fight for the loot from others! ;)

Halloween Event - Grim Reaper
On top of that, the Grim Reaper has arrived again! He wants you to slay npcs in order to obtain Skulls. These Skulls can then be exchanged for rewards. The reward pool includes the raven pet from last year's event. You can also find the very rare drops from Kolodion in it: Mini Kolodion pet, Spider wings and a Pumpkin lantern. All these items will remain as super rare drops from Kolodion after the Halloween event ends.

Guardian Angels
Due to the feedback on the forums, I've decided to increase their price. I don't want to completely remove these items, because I do like the concept. The internet sometimes yields disconnects and lags. It'd be a shame if people lose items to such unforeseeable events. The price of a GA is now 1000EC. I know this is a big increase of its price, but in the long run it will make the item rarer and thus less used. New accounts still start with an active GA.

Following things have been updated:
  • Further progress on the clue scroll system. This can't be seen, but I thought it's worth mentioning.
  • New world boss mechanic added: bosses spawning at certain locations for a certain amount of time. Kolodion uses that mechanic. I could imagine re-using that system in the future to place evil trees or stuff like that in the world. Something similar to shooting star. Activities that take place on special times.
  • A bug was fixed where experiences gained in the Herblore skill showed too many bonus xp.
  • The game loader has slightly been reworked. The Emps-World.exe program can now be pinned to the windows taskbar. If you wish to do so, please download the new windows client here: https://emps-world.net/play. The loader's internal starting code was hardened and shouldn't be causing troubles on certain computers anymore.
  • Membership information updated.
  • Maploader timeout increased. Some people were claiming that areas didn't load properly. I'm not 100% sure what causes this, but I assume it happens in environments with low fps rates. It should be better with this update.

Been pretty busy lately, so there isn't much progress with clue scrolls. They will be the next big update though. :)

All the best,
Thomy

EDIT: Kolodion droptables: https://emps-world.net/wiki/Kolodion_spider
I will update the item icons later today, I need to go now! :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:03:44 pm by Thomy »

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates October 24th 2016 - Spooky, spooky Halloween!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 10:41:08 am »
Finally, time to read tho lol

Edit:
Great update, maybe the timer of kolodion can be a lil bit higher than 30mins however we can try it
it would be a great idea to mention here where to find grim repear , and how the skull works ( the hardest the npc is, the more skulls it drop, the chance of it being dropped )

About kolodion, I don't think it should be only at wilderness, I thought we won't see another chaos ele ing ( aka dead content )
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 11:12:32 am by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Asjapulk

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 10:44:12 am »
aw god great update I'm so glad that u added that boss system

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 10:48:12 am »
Pretty exciting update, especially the new Kolodion. Thank you.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Therun

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 11:05:23 am »
GREAT UPDATE, keep going thomy

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 11:46:44 am »
Sorry for the inconvenience with GE and friends list. It's fixed now!
Btw, you're also welcome to post pictures of Kolodion and the new items here. I kinda forgot that! :D

Offline Hi Fi Wi Fi

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 11:48:13 am »
Btw, you're also welcome to post pictures of Kolodion and the new items here. I kinda forgot that! :D
Did you fix that hp bar bug also?

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 11:49:06 am »
Dat updatee!
1000 EC seems like a pretty big increase but maybe it could have a positive effect.

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 12:04:36 pm »
Did you fix that hp bar bug also?

Haven't seen a report about it. As far as I know, it was fixed weeks ago already. If it still exists, please make a bug report showing me how to reproduce it. I haven't experienced any issues with the hp bar lately.

Offline Lv Persavoz

• Liked: 40 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 12:53:56 pm »
I got question... What's going to be with double exp. ( scrolls from the shop) You removed it without any warnings. And is runecrafting completely finished yet?

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 01:13:54 pm »
That kolodion droptable is insanely good, nice update and good changes.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 01:23:29 pm »
Mind telling us how many skulls bosses drop ? I am just wondering if its the same as any high level npc ( 3 ) or higher

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 02:38:26 pm »
Mind telling us how many skulls bosses drop ? I am just wondering if its the same as any high level npc ( 3 ) or higher

Monster's maximum hitpoints divided by 50 plus 1.

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 07:23:24 pm »
if ironmen try to kill kolodion, do they need to kill it themself or do they still get a drop if other people have hit it aswell?

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 07:27:06 pm »
if ironmen try to kill kolodion, do they need to kill it themself or do they still get a drop if other people have hit it aswell?
I did 1 kill earlier and you do get a drop if you team it. Just have to hit it atleast 10 times as the post says.
Pages: 1 2