The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates - May 13th 2016 - I'm back :)
« on: April 05, 2016, 10:34:53 am »
Hey guys,

It's been a while since the last update, but I really needed that break. I'm glad to finally be back and will start working on more updates from now on. :) You can find all the details regarding my break here: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=16406.0

We have a lot of new changes for you, including new content, small changes that'll make your gameplay smoother, crucial bugfixes and drop updates!

Following things have been updated:
  • A Duel arena bug was fixed, where some players could instantly attack without having to wait for the countdown. The overall duel arena system was also updated to avoid such problems in the future.
  • Overall monster defence / accuracy slightly increased. This change only has a larger effect on stronger monsters. We've identified that a lot of monsters are too weak with the new tier 80 items and thus need to be made stronger a little bit.
  • Boss monsters have higher accuracy and defence now, on top of the global buff. They will hit more often and take less hits. The aim of this update is to make bossing a challenge again, even with maxed out items, and to avoid endless solo trips.
  • Drops rework, read more below!
  • The homepage's play button popup was reworked. You're now able to download all types of the game client (jar, exe and mac) and do no longer only present the default one for your OS.
  • Barbarian village now contains 3 copper and iron ore rocks. Also, the pottery oven has been renamed to furnace to make it more clear that you can use it as a furnace to smelt bars. This enables players to train early mining and smithing in barbarian.
  • Freezing immunity is slightly reduced (players can be frozen more quickly now after they have been frozen before), and npcs now also have a freeze immunity timer.
  • New items have been added to the EC shop. You can now purchase a King black dragon outfit:

The outfit can also be trimmed with Dragon (g) kits, just like other dragon armour parts! The armour scales with your character up to level 60.

Daily Task System
It's been a while, but it's finally there, the daily task system! Every player gets 1 daily task, members get 2. There's also the chance of earning a 3rd task simply by playing the game. It's random when you receive the 3rd task, the only requirement is a daily online time of at least 2 hours. Daily tasks are closely related to skilling, they all involve the creation of some items or killing specific monsters. Every task has a short description what needs to be done, in order to complete it. You can see an example of the tasks interface below:

I've also added a new guy to the Grand Exchange. His name's Matt and he'll help you with the daily task system! He can be found at the south-eastern area of the Grand Exchange. Now, one might say that daily tasks aren't worth the time? Well, you get 1EP per task AND a nice amount of xp when the task is completed! You'll also get additional EP for the completion of every 10th and 50th task. A list of all possible tasks can be found on the wiki: https://emps-world.net/wiki/DailyTasks

Drops changes
A lot of monsters had an overwhelming or underwhelming drop table. These changes mostly affect those monsters that have been overly popular. In general we removed a lot of items that you would need to alch or leave behind, a lot of mid tier items have been more unique divided over monsters (dragon, barrow gloves, onyx, robin sets and other uncommon item drops that were shared by a lot of monsters). You would now have to pay more attention to the drops to see what you're getting and if it's the current meta for trading.
In exchange we added a couple more useful items that everybody enjoys getting, whether it is for trading or personal use. Examples are lamps, rare stacks of resources (crafting, smithing, fletching, herblore) and range items.
In the list below I included the most important changes. The wiki will be updated asap with the correct droptables.
  • Robin sets have been moved from black demons and smoke demon to most wildy bosses such as wildy wyrm and corp beast. Obsidian capes are now only dropped by wildywyrms and obtainable through the tzhaar shop.
  • Highest level revenants only drop 3rd age leg and body pieces, you can obtain the other pieces from lower leveled revenants
  • Aquanites now drop several crucial herblore ingredients such as snape grass and toad's legs
  • Banshees and Cockatrices had their herblore drops buffed but they no longer drop gloves.
  • Most smoke dungeon monsters now drop lamps regularily, and dragon drops have been nerfed
  • The burnt chest in the smoke dungeon now also has dark dagger as reward (removed from the boss)
  • Bone items have returned to kharidian desert monster drops
  • Comp ogre bow has been moved from KBD to General Graardor
  • GWD bosses now each drop crucial noted herblore ingredients such as potato cactus, crushed nests and wine of zamorak
  • Barrelchest anchor has been moved to the warriors guild and can now be obtained for 3171 tokens. It is still tradable.
  • Onyx have been removed from a lot of monsters and can now only be obtained through mining, tzhaar shop, chronozon, Kalphite queen and KBD. To make up for the loss you can now obtain more onyx tips and bolts from several monsters that used to drop onyx
  • Dragon items, including dragon boots, chain and gloves, are now more rare overall. They are mostly only dropped by dragons and several bosses, but you would have to check the actual monster to see what kind of dragon items you can obtain now.
  • Magic watering can has been removed from bosses, you can only obtain it from the crystal chest!
  • Dragons and metal dragons have had a huge change of drops, making them more interesting and less alch-focused (frost and mithril are untouched). Each kind of dragon has their own unique set of dragon drops now, shifting the focus around some popular traded dragon items (dragon dagger and boots for example)
  • KBD now drops less alch value but more useful and interesting drops, such as resources. KBD no longer drops infinity robes, but Chaos elemental still does.
  • Crystal key drops have been nerfed
  • Dagannoths have had quite some changes, they are now worthwhile sources for herblore and prayer xp. Moreover the dagannoth cave now contains some snape drops lying around.

Small changes and bugfixes
  • Certain npcs in the wilderness are now correctly aggressive again. (Wildy wyrms as prime example)
  • The winter logo was removed, we're now having the original Emps-World logo on the homepage and on the client.
  • A bug in Barbarian Assistance quest was fixed, which made Galahad constantly teleport to you.
  • A bug was fixed where the client loader wouldn't start and some people were presented an 'unable to access jarfile' error.
  • Special attack effects now also apply on 0 hits (if the special is not dependent on the hit). An example is Statius' warhammer.
  • Taste Vengeance now doesn't trigger on hits that deal the killing blow. Go risk your items and get your revenge!
  • Several typos fixed

Double xp weekends and Event Points (EP)
Please don't get this the wrong way, but we're removing Double Experience weekends. They're destroying the overall game in the long run. We don't want to force people to play during special times and make it feel like a waste if they train outside the weekends. We're not destroying the Double Experience concept, but we want to let you choose when to use it. As some of you probably know, you can purchase 20min of double xp for 1EP. With the daily task system release, you can gain EP per day and thus collect a sufficient amount of double xp time when it's yours to spend.

With this update, I've also reworked the scripting engine for quests completely to make it more flexible for usage. This doesn't change anything in the game, but will make the development of new content faster in the future.

All the best,
Thomy

Updates 14th of May:
  • Several useless daily tasks removed.
  • Slayer and Fletching tasks are now completeable.
  • Ice barrage now correctly freezes again.
  • You need at least a combat level of 10 to get Slayer and Combat tasks now.
  • A bug was fixed where your pet disappeared when you dropped an item.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 06:21:54 am by Thomy »

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
Re: Updates - May 13th 2016 - I'm back :)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 07:51:46 am »
amazing update thomy, Great job, and i like the weekend without double xp, sucks for us though but it's good for the game :)

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed
The following users liked this post: Jose

Offline Make It Real

• Liked: 165 times
  • +0/-0
  • mai gramma is beter than ur grandma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 08:03:40 am »
I'm glad You're OK! :)

Gl on future updates :)

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 08:07:34 am »
This is exactly what i've been waiting for. Every step you took with the update is in the right direction! Good job Thomy!

I'm glad You're OK! :)

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Str99 0wnz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 08:15:15 am »
Fantastic update Thomy, Hope your break was good.. Keep up the great work
file:///C:/Users/Aidan/Desktop/text1425719925.gif

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 08:18:46 am »
Omg yay fun updates

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Sir Rambo

Offline The Ava

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 08:21:18 am »
Probably ill start playing after few months break ( because I lost interest in the game and I didin't enjoyed it) ,  we have great updates as I Can see. 
Glad to hear that you're okey, Thomy
Thank you :)
* Game Moderator  Since 28/11/2017, Resigned 10/03/2018
*Oldschool Player Since 2009.
*ING: St 3rd mage

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 08:23:39 am »
These updates seem kinda meh except the king black dragon armour. We need more of that fancy stuff so emps can get back to 200 players.

2 words that describe this game. Corruption & Denial.

The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 08:37:56 am »
Welcome back!
Not much has changed while you were gone, so don't worry, you should be able to get right back to playing. If you need any help or advice then feel free to PM me in game.
JK, I don't know anything about this game.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Just Humen

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 08:49:35 am »
It's already too late on the double xp removal :-\

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 08:53:41 am »
Welcome back man hope your better, some great updates you have here a lot definitely needed, daily challenges looks good also might pop on later and see the new updates
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 09:19:47 am »
The burnt chest in the smoke dungeon now also has dark dagger as reward (removed from the boss)

YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Mary

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 09:20:58 am »
The burnt chest in the smoke dungeon now also has dark dagger as reward (removed from the boss)

YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
??

lv 3 pk vids inc?

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 09:27:14 am »
Welcome back Thomy!!

#RIPDOUBLEXP2K16!

what about first 24hrs Double!?

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 09:32:21 am »
Welcome back Thomy!!

#RIPDOUBLEXP2K16!

what about first 24hrs Double!?

Really good point, that still exists though!

Thanks for all the feedback. I hope you're enjoying this update. :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5