The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

New abyssal weapons have been released! Please take your time and read through the update notes. Some things may be of great interest to you. :)

Abyssal weaponry - Bows and Staves
New abyssal weapons have been added - Abyssal bows and staves! They are the identical counter parts to abyssal whips and can also be bought in their EC shop variants: Bronze, Iron, Steel, etc. These new weapons can also be upgraded with elemental crystals and share identical stats as elemental bows and staves. Abyssal bows and staves are dropped by Abyssal demons.

Their donator variants also fit your character's look perfectly well:

Spirit Shields
Another change to spirit shields, because I'm still not really confident with the spot they are currently in. I know they've been changed back and forth many times, but I think that this new effect now leaves them in a spot where they are useful and not overpowered. Their old passive and active damage deflection mechanics have been removed and replaced by a complete damage negation effect. Activating a spirit shield enables an aura that negates all incoming damage for 2.5 seconds. This has a 60 second cooldown and doesn't block any spell or freezing effects! I would like to have a counter to large incoming blows of hits, which isn't only useful in PvM situations, but also in PvP scenarios.

Character Colors

I've added new colors to the character design screen. The secondary color of your legs is now the same color as your top. Before the update, it would just be green. If you're missing a specific color, just let me know in a post below and I'll add it! I'd prefer to have a reference of where I can find your color, so please suggest a model in the game that has your preferred color. :)

Discord
This has become really popular and I've decided to add a plugin to the forum page. There's now a plugin just right of the shoutbox. Feel free to join our discord channel, play Emps-World, chat or play other games: https://discordapp.com/invite/xUvVGkk Please bear in mind that the forum rules also apply in our Discord channel.

Graphics Library Updated
I've updated the internal graphics library we're using from lwjgl-2.9.0 to lwjgl-3.1.1. With this change, I've had to recode all user input and the way the client is downloaded and linked on your computer. Some of you may have to re-download the game at www.emps-world.net/play but there will be a popup, so don't worry! This will allow me to use more modern functionality in the future and should also have better stability especially on older PCs. Moreover, the client will no longer crash due to out of memory errors anymore but warn you, that you have to lower your graphic settings. The internal way of processing game logic was improved and smoothened out. You will find movements, animations and camera turnings smoother. I've also gained an fps boost with this update on my setup.

List of changes and fixes:
  • Aggression range of monsters reduced by 2.
  • When getting Jad assigned as slayer task, all Slayer related item effects now also do count during the fight caves. However, Slayer experience will only be gained when actually defeating Jad.
  • You can now finish Slayer tasks without having to be member. Getting Slayer tasks however still requires member. That should solve some confusion when you try to complete an existing task as non-member.
  • Mazchna and Vannaka can now be used by non-members to get Slayer tasks.
  • You can now use the normal magick's autocasts when using the lunar spellbook.
  • Improved fog quality. Some objects would fade out incorrectly inside foggy area.
  • Fixes for texture smoothenings in upper floors and multi-level areas.
  • Fixes for distant shadows on maximum rendering distances. There were shadowy area artifacts that were incorrect. Hard to spot, but it's fixed now.
  • Slayer's staff now scales up to level 70.
  • The crumble undead spell now hits undead monsters by 140% of your maximum hit.
  • Abyssal demons now drop abyssal staves, whips and bows. They've also gained an ability to teleport and have a magical attack now.
  • Kolodion now drops Abyssal bow.
  • Smoke demon champion now drops abyssal staff.
  • Edgeville teleport can now be found in the Grand Exchange and Price Checker.
  • Dropped item timer is now refreshed when relogging into the game. Before the update, it would just disappear.
  • Barow brothers can now be assigned as Slayer task by: Vannaka, Duradel and Shenven. They are classified as a boss task and give more Slayer experience than normal monsters.
  • Karil and Verac description hover fixed. The set bonuses provided a 25% chance and not a 20% chance. This is only visual.
  • A bug in the Verac armour set was found. It was only negating 25% of your opponent's defence instead of 75%. The set should - as always intended - be really powerful now!
  • Staking limit has been risen to 10m. I'm fine with how the experiment turned out and think that 10m will be the optimal value as a staking limit.
  • The way invisible damage is handled has been changed. This should fix a bug where your hitpoints bar would show an invalid value during PvP actions.
  • Position of furies updated on male and female characters. These amulets were floating a little bit too much in the air.
  • I was able to fix a bug that caused flickering of particles. Feel free to re-enable them.

What do you think of these updates? Do you like the new character colors and abyssal weapons? Would you like to see more such things in the future? Let me know! :D

All the best,
Thomy

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:26:39 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Jp, Skill0wzer, Drugs, Bluestorm, Sir Antrax, Jhonson, Jandar, Cjkinsey6, Reporter007

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
  • :3
    • View Profile
brawler gloves fixed? the showing charges one
"Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
brawler gloves fixed? the showing charges one

Yes. :)

Offline Ava

• Liked: 42 times
  • +0/-0
  • You < potato
    • View Profile
Great update , I like the new colors for characters And ofc new abyssal weapons !
P.S what about this bug/suggestion ? https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19535.0
~Emps-scape/world player since 2007 ~

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Aggression range of monsters reduced by 2.
Why was this done? If one or two monsters were causing problems they could've just had their range reduced. This might be bad for jad.

• When getting Jad assigned as slayer task, all Slayer related item effects now also do count during the fight caves. However, Slayer experience will only be gained when actually defeating Jad.
Great! Why wasn't this done to gwd minions as well?

• You can now finish Slayer tasks without having to be member. Getting Slayer tasks however still requires member. That should solve some confusion when you try to complete an existing task as non-member.
  • Mazchna and Vannaka can now be used by non-members to get Slayer tasks.
It's not necessarily a bad change, but this does hurt membership as a whole as you've just taken a huge bite out of it's content and added it to f2p. Please gib more member content.

• You can now use the normal magick's autocasts when using the lunar spellbook.
Why? If we wanted to use magic for combat we already had the option to use rod. If this was done because lunars weren't used all that much it might be time to actually add the entire spellbook.

• Slayer's staff now scales up to level 70. The crumble undead spell now hits
  • The crumble undead spell now hits undead monsters by 140% of your maximum hit.
Looks like someone was in a hurry typing this. This is alright, but I would've preferred an item to upgrade the staff rather than a direct buff.

• Abyssal demons now drop abyssal staves, whips and bows. They've also gained their ability to teleport and have a magical attack now.
  • Kolodion now drops Abyssal bow.
  • Smoke demon champion now drops abyssal staff.
The teleport is irrelevant but the magic attack is a huge buff to them, can we get them as a task from shenven in a high amount now? Don't really see why the weapons were added to kolo & sdc.

• Barow brothers can now be assigned as Slayer task by: Vannaka, Duradel and Shenven.
This will be a bad task and it doesn't fix the issues barrows has. Wouldn't mind seeing it removed from shenven given the low difficulty.

• Staking limit has been risen to 10m. I'm fine with how the experiment turned out and think that 10m will be the optimal value as a staking limit.
Given the way stakers have behaved since the update (constant bashing of thomy/staff, ragequitting, middleman scamming) I don't feel that they deserve this at all. This doesn't complete fix any issues either, people will still use middlemen to stake above 10m.

Why aren't spiritual warriors/rangers/mages one task yet? Have you fixed the monster examine spell yet?
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
Great update! I don't see why was it necessary to add barrows to slayer tasks, but okay, this will add more game time in there for sure!

If abyssal demons were buffed I also don't understand why new items were added to other bosses. Bows and staves look fantastic so in the end still delightful update! Keep it up!
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Barrows better giver some good XP or otherwise it's gonne be massive waste of XP :-\
Otherwise the update looks great!

Offline Archer

• Liked: 26 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Really interesting and amazing updates and changes, especially the colours of the character clothing. Finally thats been improved. I would absolutely love to see such updates in the future :)
Keep the good work up!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 12:34:32 pm by Archer »
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
Barrows better giver some good XP or otherwise it's gonne be massive waste of XP :-\
Otherwise the update looks great!

Yeah they are. They get an additional x4 modifier of their base Slayer experience.

Offline Monster333

• Liked: 18 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
like all update but more like on new weapon! :D

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
Nice updates Emps : )

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
Thanks guys. Already found some abyssal bows / staves? :P

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile

Drugs apparently sold his soul to some RNG god and got 3 of them in total on 1 trip :smorc:

Meanwhile I gave you some pizza money a.k.a. donated :LUL:

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile

Drugs apparently sold his soul to some RNG god and got 3 of them in total on 1 trip :smorc:

Meanwhile I gave you some pizza money a.k.a. donated :LUL:

Wooo. Pizza it is going to be tonight then!
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Skill0wzer, Il Skill L, Matacd
Pages: 1 2 3