The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I'm changing quite a few things with this update. Please take your time to read through them and let me know what you think of it!

A short teaser of the Saradomin katana:

Combat Experience Rates
The combat experience rates in Emps-World are 80xp per 1 damage you do. This is 20x the rate of RS and is imho really high. The problem with this rate is, that people finish their 99s too fast. Resulting in maxed players without gear due to the lack of actual combat they've done. Moreover, it also significantly decreases the time you'll spend planning your level ups and/or weapons you'll get on your leveling path. Effectively making all items below level 70 completely useless to obtain. Thus, I'm lowering the combat experience rates to 40xp per hit. This is 10x the rates of RS and is similar to other combat skills' rates, which are between 5-10x the RS rates. This is also the original emps rates. I think this just fits better into the overall style of the game, where training levels takes a while. Please let me know what you think of this!

Hit Accuracy (chance to hit)
The way accuracy has been calculated previously was a little bit random. It didn't really scale properly and was just hitting 0s way too often, especially in PvP or boss situations. I've found the original OSRS formulas and used them. I found the results really promising. You could get tankier for lower level monsters and higher levels would become a little harder. To copy with this change, I've lowered the defence levels of bosses. This change will also benefit PvP situations, because it makes lower level weapons more powerful and the gap between super tanky and no armours is now smaller. You are still feeling a real difference when wearing good armours, so don't worry! Let me know if this is better or worse. :)

Clue Scroll Rewards
I've slightly changed the clue scroll rewards. Especially the easy/medium ones. The pool of adamant and rune items was expanded and now contains magic and range items around levels 30-50: Blue mystic, green dragonhide, rune arrows, adamant arrows, etc. The dragon item pool was also expanded and now contains range and magic items around level 60: Infinity, dragon arrows, ranger boots, robin hood hat, etc. I want these items to be more useful for newcomers. So clue scrolls will be worth doing it on lower levels in order to get more gear.

Usefulness of Shops
I've updated several shops to make them more useful. Below's a list of shops and their changes:
  • Emps-Wars:
    • Blessed dragonhide has been removed and was added to clue scroll rewards.
    • Saradomin katana upgrade added. You can upgrade a Saradomin sword for 250 tickets to get a Saradomin katana, which has a 3% lifesteal bonus, level 80 stats, degrades to dust after 20,000 hits and cannot be traded.
    • Corrupt dragon weapons and armours. They are level 70 variants of their respective dragon version. They don't degrade, are untradeable and require a dragon item to be upgraded.
  • Tokkul Shop
    • Inferno adze: Dragon axe, dragon pickaxe and 100k tokkuls are required to buy the upgrade. It acts as woodcutting axe and pickaxe and its special attack costs 15% energy.
    • Coal bag: Can be filled with up to 54 coals and degrades after 1,000 uses.
  • Warrior's Guild:
    • Regen bracelet: Gives +2% lifesteal bonus and has the same offensive bonuses as rune gloves. It degrades after 20,000 hits in combat, costs as much as the fighter torso and cannot be traded.
    • Silver and gold precision bracelet. Each of them giving +20 accuracy and +6 strength bonus, making them stronger than barrow gloves (offensive-wise). The silver precision bracelet costs 2k tokens and degrades after 20,000 hits. The gold precision bracelet costs 20k tokens and never degrades.
  • EP Shop:
    • 4 new auras: Quarrymaster, Call of the sea, Wisdom and Lumberjack. They give you a 10% chance to get double of skilling resources. This also counts for the experience gain.
    • Colored ranger boots have been added.

List of changes:
  • Mystery boxes now correctly contain all Abyssal bow and staff variants.
  • Dying in Emps-Wars will no longer bug your client out, forcing you to relog.
  • A bug with the fixed screen client was fixed.
  • Lowest floor quality now renders correctly and doesn't leave artifacts in the air anymore.
  • Interfaces now position themselves in the center of the screen when resizing the game. If you use a lower resolution client, interfaces are now placed more to the left. This gives you the feeling that they are centered in the game.
  • Lowering stats with reset lamps is no longer broadcasted.
  • Broadcasted messages no longer mess up clan chat.
  • Rare construction drops (monster heads) are now also broadcasted.
  • Further improvements to the Frame Scale setting has been done. Fonts will now be smoother and won't blur out anymore when scaling the game.
  • Clue scroll rewards updated. Zamorak, Guthix and Saradomin blessed dragonhide armours can now be obtained since they've been removed from the Emps-Wars reward shop.
  • Killing the boss in Emps-Wars now awards the winning team 10 tickets instead of 5. Other ways to gain extra tickets remain unchanged.
  • The camera now follows your player faster. You feel this difference especially when being totally zoomed in.
  • Crystal shields and bows now have 500 charges per degradation step instead of 300. The defensive bonuses of Crystal shield have been updated, it now gives +105 defence bonus in every combat style. This makes it the new best defensive option. All offensive bonuses of the crystal shield have been removed though.
  • Dragon battleaxe special attack buffed - It's now identical to a super strength potion.
  • The check task options of the enchanted gem and slayer helm now only send a chatbox message.
  • Rare clue scroll rewards are now also broadcasted.
  • Defeating Jad and receiving a Fire Cape is now broadcasted.
  • Golden mining outfit now gives additional 1% Mining AND Smithing experience per piece worn.
  • Robin hood hat and ranger boots accuracy and strength bonus has slightly been buffed (+1 both).
  • Void accuracy modifiers have been increased by 10% for elite and normal sets. This does sound like a lot, but it gives you up to 5% higher hit chances against opponents with high defence bonuses. Maxhits remain untouched.
  • Seercull special attack changed. It now shares the magic short bow's special attack and does 2 quick shots.
  • Magic shortbow special attack now costs 50% energy instead of 75%.
  • Added a command to fix position issues in Emps-Wars or elsewhere. I was unable to completely fix this bug for everyone. I couldn't reproduce it anymore, so I thought it was fixed. Anyway, you can type ::resetpos to fix it manually. :)

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:04:30 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Hugo Terwiss, Sir Antrax, Lv Persavoz, Hi Im Ethan, Jandar, Cjkinsey6, Pvpfight Hc

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Great changes, I like this update very much especially the mini-game rewards.

Offline Zeepleeuw

• Liked: 251 times
  • +0/-0
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
Looks good :) keep it up
Master of the order of the Doge.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wavh47RpLz4&

player moderator since 22/12/2015
game moderator since 11/03/2016

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Very noice me like
#exkneesocks

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
I'm actually quite impressed. I love the idea of lowering exp rates!
Good luck with future updates!

Golden mining outfit now gives additional 1% Mining AND Smithing experience per piece worn.
I would change that to 10%(5%?) higher chance of receiving an uncut while mining. Simply because we already have a plenty of different ways to increase your mining exp(mining ring, brawlers, being member, double exp)..
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 08:25:59 am by Il Skill L »

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
I know you want to sink shit but degradable items don't offer fun gameplay

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
Keep it up, Big Thomy :)

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
    Combat Experience Rates
    The combat experience rates in Emps-World are 80xp per 1 damage you do. This is 20x the rate of RS and is imho really high. The problem with this rate is, that people finish their 99s too fast. Resulting in maxed players without gear due to the lack of actual combat they've done. Moreover, it also significantly decreases the time you'll spend planning your level ups and/or weapons you'll get on your leveling path. Effectively making all items below level 70 completely useless to obtain. Thus, I'm lowering the combat experience rates to 40xp per hit. This is 10x the rates of RS and is similar to other combat skills' rates, which are between 5-10x the RS rates. This is also the original emps rates. I think this just fits better into the overall style of the game, where training levels takes a while. Please let me know what you think of this!
    It's fine, and since exp rates took a huge hit overall can we finally get an area to use chins/barrage at properly? The abyss is good but it's really not all that consistent. Pest control exp nerfs from way back could possibly be reverted as well.

Hit Accuracy (chance to hit)
    The way accuracy has been calculated previously was a little bit random. It didn't really scale properly and was just hitting 0s way too often, especially in PvP or boss situations. I've found the original OSRS formulas and used them. I found the results really promising. You could get tankier for lower level monsters and higher levels would become a little harder. To copy with this change, I've lowered the defence levels of bosses. This change will also benefit PvP situations, because it makes lower level weapons more powerful and the gap between super tanky and no armours is now smaller. You are still feeling a real difference when wearing good armours, so don't worry! Let me know if this is better or worse. :)
    Sounds better, thanks.

Clue Scroll Rewards
    I've slightly changed the clue scroll rewards. Especially the easy/medium ones. The pool of adamant and rune items was expanded and now contains magic and range items around levels 30-50: Blue mystic, green dragonhide, rune arrows, adamant arrows, etc. The dragon item pool was also expanded and now contains range and magic items around level 60: Infinity, dragon arrows, ranger boots, robin hood hat, etc. I want these items to be more useful for newcomers. So clue scrolls will be worth doing it on lower levels in order to get more gear.
    :notlikethis: For gods sake inf and robin sets were already worthless because there are simply too many of them in the game. Adding more sources for them is really counterproductive. The early ones are fine I suppose.

Usefulness of Shops
    I've updated several shops to make them more useful. Below's a list of shops and their changes:
    • Emps-Wars:
      • Blessed dragonhide has been removed and was added to clue scroll rewards.
      • Saradomin katana upgrade added. You can upgrade a Saradomin sword for 250 tickets to get a Saradomin katana, which has a 3% lifesteal bonus, level 80 stats, degrades to dust after 20,000 hits and cannot be traded.
      • Corrupt dragon weapons and armours. They are level 70 variants of their respective dragon version. They don't degrade, are untradeable and require a dragon item to be upgraded.
    Didn't know saradomin was a weeaboo. Rest in peace abyssal whip, dragon hasta. Powercreep is now fucking huge thanks to dds spec getting a 10 level buff. Barrows sets also kind of lose out from this. 65 would already be quite significant and frankly a better option imo.

• Tokkul Shop
      • Inferno adze: Dragon axe, dragon pickaxe and 100k tokkuls are required to buy the upgrade. It acts as woodcutting axe and pickaxe and its special attack costs 15% energy.
      • Coal bag: Can be filled with up to 54 coals and degrades after 1,000 uses.
    I fucking love the adze and everything about it. Coal bag being degradable like that is.. eh. 25k tokkul for it is gonna be a bitch for people that are at the point where they need to mine coal for money.

• Warrior's Guild:
      • Regen bracelet: Gives +2% lifesteal bonus and has the same offensive bonuses as rune gloves. It degrades after 20,000 hits in combat, costs as much as the fighter torso and cannot be traded.
      • Silver and gold precision bracelet. Each of them giving +20 accuracy and +6 strength bonus, making them stronger than barrow gloves (offensive-wise). The silver precision bracelet costs 2k tokens and degrades after 20,000 hits. The gold precision bracelet costs 20k tokens and never degrades.
    Regen bracelet was a huge missed opportunity to add bracelet crafting and look at jewelry crafting, shame you didn't. Silver bracelet is useless because gold exists. Gold might be good, but powercreep.

• EP Shop:
      • 4 new auras: Quarrymaster, Call of the sea, Wisdom and Lumberjack. They give you a 10% chance to get double of skilling resources. This also counts for the experience gain.
      • Colored ranger boots have been added.
    These auras are okay, but I would've much rather had them consume skilling resources instead and allowing for powertraining without having to break your hand. What's wisdom for btw? Thanks for finally adding ranger boots to the ep shop.

List of changes:
    • Mystery boxes now correctly contain all Abyssal bow and staff variants.
    • Dying in Emps-Wars will no longer bug your client out, forcing you to relog.
    • A bug with the fixed screen client was fixed.
    • Lowest floor quality now renders correctly and doesn't leave artifacts in the air anymore.
    • Interfaces now position themselves in the center of the screen when resizing the game. If you use a lower resolution client, interfaces are now placed more to the left. This gives you the feeling that they are centered in the game.
    • Lowering stats with reset lamps is no longer broadcasted.
    • Broadcasted messages no longer mess up clan chat.
    • Rare construction drops (monster heads) are now also broadcasted.
    • Further improvements to the Frame Scale setting has been done. Fonts will now be smoother and won't blur out anymore when scaling the game.
    • Clue scroll rewards updated. Zamorak, Guthix and Saradomin blessed dragonhide armours can now be obtained since they've been removed from the Emps-Wars reward shop.
    • Killing the boss in Emps-Wars now awards the winning team 10 tickets instead of 5. Other ways to gain extra tickets remain unchanged.
    • The camera now follows your player faster. You feel this difference especially when being totally zoomed in.
    • Crystal shields and bows now have 500 charges per degradation step instead of 300. The defensive bonuses of Crystal shield have been updated, it now gives +105 defence bonus in every combat style. This makes it the new best defensive option. All offensive bonuses of the crystal shield have been removed though.
    • Dragon battleaxe special attack buffed - It's now identical to a super strength potion.
    • The check task options of the enchanted gem and slayer helm now only send a chatbox message.
    • Rare clue scroll rewards are now also broadcasted.
    • Defeating Jad and receiving a Fire Cape is now broadcasted.
    • Golden mining outfit now gives additional 1% Mining AND Smithing experience per piece worn.
    • Robin hood hat and ranger boots accuracy and strength bonus has slightly been buffed (+1 both).
    • Void accuracy modifiers have been increased by 10% for elite and normal sets. This does sound like a lot, but it gives you up to 5% higher hit chances against opponents with high defence bonuses. Maxhits remain untouched.
    • Added a command to fix position issues in Emps-Wars or elsewhere. I was unable to completely fix this bug for everyone. I couldn't reproduce it anymore, so I thought it was fixed. Anyway, you can type ::resetpos to fix it manually. :)
    These are all quite okay. Mining outfit change is nice. Don't see why you've buffed void, it wasn't needed.

• Seercull special attack changed. It now shares the magic short bow's special attack and does 2 quick shots.
    • Magic shortbow special attack now costs 50% energy instead of 75%.
    Really don't like the fact that you removed seercull's more unique special attack and turned it into flat damage. Buffing msb isn't too bad I suppose.

;
    The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    Nice, I guess it's time to play minigames for week or two

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    nice QoL updates, really pleased with the pace at which the updates are coming, keep it up!
    The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
    • +5/-0
      • View Profile
    A bug with buying rewards without having the required upgrade item was fixed. :) Before the update you could lose Emps-Wars tickets or tokkuls.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
    • +0/-0
    • I drink and I know things
      • View Profile
    Make the regen brace repairable with cut onyxes. 10-20% charges per onyx or so.
    The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Danielshapz

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    could be worse...
    The following users liked this post: Pain Dot

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
    • +0/-0
    • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
      • View Profile
    Give the Warriors guild shop NPC a right-click option to open the shop quicker, also the Regen bracelet could use a 2x restore rate for hitpoints(And make it stackable with Rapid Heal). Everything else is awesome, Great work Thomy  :)

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
    • +0/-0
    • :3
      • View Profile
    Head drops from monsters are still not broadcasted(i got cockatrice head drop and it didnt broadcast the drop)
    "Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:
    Pages: 1 2