The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates - July 13th 2016 - Game Fixes & New Hit Splats
« on: July 04, 2016, 02:22:24 pm »
Hey guys,

There's quite some larger changes, please take your time to read through it. You'll probably be affected by it. :)

Protection Prayers
We've identified that 60% protection from monster attacks is not enough, because bosses do have multiple attack styles (range/mage and melee usually). So, good protection from at least 1 combat style seems reasonable. Thus, I've increased the protection value to 90% for monsters. The protection value of 40% remains untouched for PvP combat.

Dragonfire
With the changes in the previous update to how dragonfire works, it has become too strong. Thus, I've decreased the overall combat power of dragonfire by 10-15 max hits depending on the dragon type. With this change, I've also adjusted the dragon drop tables of lower level dragons. Green and blue dragons especially had really good drop tables for low level monsters. We don't want players to be forced to kill only these monsters to obtain good items, thus their drop tables have slightly been reworked. The changed droptables are available on the wiki.

Hit Splats
I've reworked the hit splat system. You'll now see more hits currently active on your character and information on what type of hit it is (melee, range, mage). I've always found it confusing to know which monsters attack with which combat style, which will now be crystal clear. Don't worry, if you don't like it, you can completely disable it and use the old system. It's toggleable via the game settings.

Player Attackability in the Wilderness
I've reworked parts of when people are attackable in the wilderness. When a player is fighting a monster, you cannot attack them. However, after a fight ends, you're immediately able to attack that player. Moreover, when you're attacking a player or when you are attacked by another player, all monsters become unaggressive. That means, that it's now impossible to protect yourself from players by attacking or being attacked by aggressive monsters.
Moreover, the agility exit near the spectrals is now only usable out of combat.

In-game changes and fixes:
  • Bones to bananas and bones to peaches spells update. They now transform any kind of bone. Bananas heal increased to 5 and peaches to 9. The spells can no longer be used when not having at least 1 bone in your inventory.
  • Sacred clay strength bonus scaling was fixed.
  • Iron and bronze melee weapons now have accuracy bonuses.
  • Vesta's spear special attack has been reworked. Its special attack will now deal 135% of a normal hit damage split up into 4 hits. The first, second and fourth hit make up 25% of the total damage. The third hit, being the strongest, deals 75% of the total damage.
  • A bug was fixed that kept switching your attack style from long ranged to rapid.
  • Game admins and higher can now enable double rewards for minigames, this should help in hosting minigame events since we terminated double XP weekends!
  • When playing Castle wars, only the base reward was doubled by double ticket circumstances (double xp time, double token time, double xp scrolls), extra tickets earned through extra score and kills are now also doubled. Read more about how you earn Castle wars tickets here.
  • Brutal green dragon slayer tasks are removed from Vannaka.
  • Low level cooking rates are adjusted to make every fish worthwhile for training.
  • Ironman accounts will no longer be able to sell member tickets on the Grand Exchange.
  • You can now withdraw items that cannot be noted from the Grand Exchange, even if it is more than your available slots.
  • You can no longer lose your items when dying in the duel arena. There was a bug that made some people lose their items upon death while duelling.
  • Droptables of the following monsters are updated: Green dragon, Blue dragon, Red dragon, Black dragon, Lesser demon, Greater demon, Black demon, Obsidian dragon, Aquanite, Tower archer (lv 49).
  • Tasks amount are tweaked and fixed (arrow tasks). Generally your tasks are slightly shorter and better tailored for your current level. Smithing and crafting tasks now also take bars and hides needed into account and adjust accordingly.
  • Alpha values of certain in-game graphics and animations have been fixed.
  • Experience gains are no longer hidden for combat stats that have 200M experience. It's useful information regarding your next hit.

Dungeon Sneak Peek
Last but not least... a preview of the new dungeon I'm currently working on. This is not yet finished!! I'm doing my best to make the combat experience unique in this new environment. So every monster will have a unique set of combat styles and mechanics. I'm not going to talk too much about it, but there'll be some slayer monsters and new unique drops. In the screenshot below I was hit by a rammernaut and got knocked back. Don't worry, this has nothing to do with dungeoneering, I'm only using the models! ;)

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 06:02:08 pm by Mary »
The following users liked this post: Try Again Fo, Gauras, Blue Bird, Jandar, Lifeisfunn, Iron Bar

Offline Cococola

• Liked: 106 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates - July 13th 2016 - Game Fixes & New Hit Splats
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 06:09:08 am »
I'm soaking wet

Emps-scape moderator

Offline That One Guy

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 06:11:03 am »
Awesome updates.

Offline Blade Fiery

• Liked: 64 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 06:18:29 am »
woah, that is one big update. I'm glad about duel arena fix, hopefully people will just stay away from stake.
I'm gonna love that slayer monster ;). Can't wait your update :P.
Otherways nice work, really NICE work :).

Emps-World Player Moderator since 28/02/2016

Emps-World Game Moderator since 05/04/2016
Emps-World player administrator since 07/14/2016

Resigned 08/11/2016 :)

Offline Sqkuid Ward

• Liked: 122 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 06:50:17 am »
Nice updates and bug fixes, Thomy. Can't wait to see that dungeon ;)
Emps-World Moderator since March 22, 2016.
Emps-World Administrator since May 11, 2016.

Offline Ranged Lvl98

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 07:07:45 am »
Can't wait for this Stalker :D
Gj Thomy =].

Emps-world player since 2009.

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 07:11:26 am »
Love it.
Keep them coming.

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 07:33:36 am »
I'm loving the fast updates. Excited for the new dungeon.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 08:11:37 am »
Big Thomy

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 09:36:30 am »
Great update! I like the new visuals in fighting a lot.
New dungeon hype!

Offline Monster333

• Liked: 18 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 10:07:13 am »
strong thomy! tnx for new update :) and waitin new dung ;D

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 10:52:43 am »
Are my eyes deceiving me?

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 11:08:02 am »
Experience gains are no longer hidden for combat stats that have 200M experience. It's useful information regarding your next hit.
Finally.
Thanks for great tweaks!

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 03:03:12 pm »
Thanks for the rebalances!

Dungeon Sneak Peek
Last but not least... a preview of the new dungeon I'm currently working on. This is not yet finished!! I'm doing my best to make the combat experience unique in this new environment. So every monster will have a unique set of combat styles and mechanics. I'm not going to talk too much about it, but there'll be some slayer monsters and new unique drops. In the screenshot below I was hit by a rammernaut and got knocked back. Don't worry, this has nothing to do with dungeoneering, I'm only using the models! ;)

Calling the same mistake jagex made with Ripper Demons, Acheron Mammoths, Living Wyverns and Camel Warriors. You should probably start coding slayer block list already.

Mary

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 03:49:15 pm »
Are my eyes deceiving me?
No :)
Pages: 1 2